... 3456715 ...

thread: Pregnancy after LT TTC #21

Nov 2011
    SE Melbourne

Hi Ladies congratulations to you both

I haven't been in here for so long but I'm so happy for you MyTurn that you finally got your BFP. Enjoy the ride and I look forward to hearing your announcement
    Thanks terry! All is looking good for this one being 'IT'. Hope you are well

May 2009
    Brisbane

Re: Pregnancy after LT TTC #21

Hi ladies. Thought I'd jump in here. I got a +HPT yesterday (11dpo), which appears to be darker today. Freaking out a little... This is our 3rd natural conception (in almost 6 years TTC) and the other 2 ended in m/c, so not a good track record. Hoping this will be third time lucky...

How is everyone else doing?

Dec 2011
    WA

Oh MyTurn!!!!! I am SOOOO thrilled for you!! Its finally 'your turn'

This is the one you have been praying and waiting for! I have no doubt this time you are going to get your baby and your happy ending! Congratulations gorgeous lady!

Likewise Juniper! Massive congratulations to you as well! A gorgeous natural Christmas surpise I have everything crossed for you! You have both absolutely made my day! I'm so thrilled you both get to share the pregnancy journey together!!!

Massive hugs and celebrations to you both

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.
    Add kbudgie on Facebook

Nov 2012
    SE Melbourne

37+1 here, hard to believe sometimes.
    wonder when bub will decide to make his or her appearance

May 2009
    Brisbane

kbudgie, I noticed your ticker! Seems like only a few weeks ago that you got your BFP! Bub could arrive any time now! How are you feeling?

Thanks, TTL!

Nov 2011
    SE Melbourne

Tonight I am crying. A lot.

I feel like I didn't plan for how it "might" feel being pregnant. I think I stupidly just thought it would be exciting. I just feel guilty for sitting on the couch all day, not cooking or eating well, not doing anything helpful. I just feel useless.

I have considered for for a long time what it will be like being a mother, I know I it will be hard, but it feel prepared.... but being pregnant, well that never really entered my mind.

Oct 2006
    In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Myturn hugs my darling. Take this time to just be. I too thought I just had to get pregnant and bang when it happened I just expecting it all to be belly rubs and glowing! I didn't expect to feel awful all day every day.
    Here's the thing .... When bub is here none of this stuff really matters. You are doing the best you can and beating yourself doesn't help.
    Eat what you can when you can, rest and let your body get as much rest as you can
    Hugs xx

Add kbudgie on Facebook

Nov 2012
    SE Melbourne

oh myturn don't feel bad honey. pregnancy is tough, some days worse than others. You can call our message me if you need to xx
    I am at the stage where I feel sad, want to do things but so tired and I hate asking for help. Also a bit scared to go too far alone but want to go out, that's also tiring. dh is so busy I feel very neglected and alone. oh and bub turned posterior so a bit stressed about that too.

Nov 2011
    SE Melbourne

Thanks Jo. Rationally I know this. Tonight I am just feeling miserable. I am scared and I am feeling guilty. I am not anywhere as sick as you were and so in some ways I feel silly for even complaining.

I want this more than anything. But I also want to be me - and I can feel that slipping away already. I am thinking about the spare room and how I need to pack up my scrapbooking stuff and that I always imagined I would be scrapbooking in those final few weeks of pregnancy and just enjoying that - and I realised the other day that I won't be able to there really is no where in the house for me to have a quiet corner for "me". It's like I will disappear and become mum and part for me wants that - and another part is freaking out about that.

As I write this I am sure many mums feel this way - LTTTC or not. I guess LTTTC just adds to the guilt about it. Cause in my case DH would have been happy without kids so I am feeling the pressure to let him have all his spaces - he doesn't have to get rid of ANY of his "stuff". He gets a double garage full of toys and tools. But all my "stuff" gets stored. And I kind of resent that - then feel guilty for resenting it - after all this is my fault. This is what I wanted.

Oh. I know I am being exceptionally irrational - my brain is running away with itself. I just want baby to pop out healthy so I can worry about a live baby - rather than stressing about whether this is really "IT".

Nov 2011
    SE Melbourne

Thanks kbudgie - I have been meaning to pop over to you with a little something - but keep forgetting! Maybe one night this week if you are up for a visitor for an hour or so. I'll text you.

I am just scared and hormonal I think. It's just a lot to take in.

I am a teary person when I am stressed anyway - and I suspect the hormones don't help. Sigh.

Add kbudgie on Facebook

Nov 2012
    SE Melbourne

another thing we have in common, scrapbooking! I hear you on the whole personal space. I am trying to work out what to do with my stash as it used to live in the office which is now the nursery. currently it's all in the spare room but piled in corners and shoved in drawers. I will need to make a plan as we will have overseas visitors coming to stay in the new year.

Nov 2011
    SE Melbourne

Thing is we don't have another room to put it in.

I feeling better this morning. Although I didn't sleep well and will be late for work again. Sigh. My boss doesn't mind what time I turn up, I just feel bad about everything.

Platinum Subscriber

Apr 2010
    coastside, Vic

Myturn- sorry you are stressing about all this, I get where you are coming from as I have always been someone who needed a lot of personal space and time alone, and honestly, I haven't found it too much of a problem adapting. I love reading heaps and everyone said to me " you'll never read a book again" so I was freaking out but I read all the time!!!

I regards to the scrap booking stuff, are you sure it won't be able to go in the nursery for the short term?- my DD literally never spent a second in her nursery until she went in there to sleep at 5.5 months, she slept in our room and I changed her bum anywhere. A box of stuff in the nursery corner or cupboards wouldn't make any difference initially ( sorry if this is ridiculous, I don't know anything about scrap booking like how much equipment there is etc). I get that the issue is that you are making all the compromises and your Dh isn't, In my experience that's just the way it goes with men and babies, their worlds only get turned upside down in a small way but ours in a huge way.

Try not to look at it as losing yourself but as growing into a new self. I promise it will be worth it HUGS xxxxxx

Nov 2011
    SE Melbourne

Thanks saffy. I have considered whether I could keep a corner of the room - I have a LOT of stuff though and my desk is huge. So would need to really think about how to make it happen - nevertheless it is a possibility. The room is tiny though. Actually I wish I could put DSD in the smaller room and keep the big room for me and bub - we only have her on the weekends and yet she has the bigger of the two rooms with a full wall length cupboard - I don't want to do that though as I don't want her to feel that she is being pushed out for the baby - I just wish I could.

It's just we are in a small unit and it's not really big enough for everything. We were going to move years ago and didn't - DH just can't seem to get his act together. I told him we had to move before this one started school and he agrees - I just wish we could do it sooner. It's Stoopid child support that's the problem - there's a home loan each month by itself....

I don't know how I would cope without you guys. Thankyou.

Add faye* on Facebook

Jan 2012
    Central Victoria

I didn't know anyone was using this thread!

Myturn, I understand how you feel! I feel guilty a lot too considering this is something I've wanted for so long but I really am not enjoying being pregnant. It's really hard - I am just grateful I've only got 7 weeks to go!
    Don't know if you've been told from your ob or not but mine won't let me go over my due date. Apparently studies show that they tend to stress more than naturally conceived babies so they make sure they're born no later than due date...

Kbudgie - not long to go for you!! You must be getting excited!!

Platinum Subscriber

Apr 2010
    coastside, Vic

Don't let your OB scare you Faye, I went 2 weeks over with my dd and there was never any sign of stress ( I'm a midwife too so I would know) and she is perfect :-)

Dec 2007
    Hork-Bajir Valley

Me too. I went 41+2. =)

Add faye* on Facebook

Jan 2012
    Central Victoria

Oh really, fair enough... Thanks

... 3456715 ...