Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After LT TTC ~ August 2006

Hi

I know I need to get a pregnancy ticker, but how????

Chris I am only 4.5 weeks so very very early. As yet I don't have any morning sickness. I was a little nauseaus this morning but it passed quickly.

My husband is a little worried about the risks of an etopic pregnancy so I think he is keen for our first scan to get the all clear. Are the risks that much higher because of IVF?

I can't wait to be further along.

Linda

Sal Guest

Linda, ectopics are slightly more common in IVF than in normal pg, but the risk really is quite small. You'll be having a scan at 6 or 7 weeks, right?

As for pg ticker, you can google pregnancy ticker or go to tickerfactory or lilypie. Follow the steps, then you'll get a url that you need to put into your signature. If you go 'get' your ticker ready if you have probs getting it appearing in your signature then you can post a question for the Mods to ask them (I'll help if I can but I'm not so good at that stuff )

Actually........ectopics aren't more likely in IVF realistically. Unless of course embryo glue is used and the embryros are placed very close to the tube opening. Once fertilised naturally or transferred via IVF the embryos have a "free floating" period before actuall implantation in the uterus. The free floating period is when the embryo go the wrong way IYKWIM....

confusedegg Guest

<pacing the forum for Justines new arrival>

LINDA: It is a very difficult time after your loss and can be very stressful not knowing what is going on inside (if only we had xray vision). I feel for you and can understand, i wish i could speed time up for you also.

Did your GP do beta hcg? have you thought about asking him if he could check your levels to see if they are rising?

LADIES: Checking the levels can it tell you if there is sign of ectopic? This may keep her mind at ease at least until scan. Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by confusedegg; August 3rd, 2006 at 04:53 PM.

Yep HCG levels can be an indication of possible ectopic. Also a scan at around 6-7 weeks. (I lost my tube on 7 April 2005 from an ectopic pg)

Sal - just found the post where you asked when my scan was - sorry seemed to miss it somehow... Anyway its 16 August. 13 sleeps/ not that I'm counting.... (Not!)

Linda - hang in there sweetie.

Justine? In labour yet?

Sal Guest

Ooh so events-wise, Justine's bub (surely!) arrival imminently/has happened, then 4 days to Shez's morph scan, then 13 days to Kar's scan...um in between there must be Linda's scan? Have I missed anyone?

Nothin happening here

Sal Guest

Oh Geez, Justine! We are all sending truckloads of gentle LVs so surely it will start to happen overnight Maybe your princess decided you needed a couple of really good night's sleeps before she deigns to arrive!

confusedegg Guest

MAGIC: Sorry to hear that, by your ticker you are lucky to have beautiful DD. I lost mine August 2000. It was big shock, i was 7 weeks preg and didnt know it, only bit a spotting a week after AF, thats what caught my attention and bigger shock was it was a natural conception after 6 months break of being on clomid.

JUSTINE: shopping, not do the trick. wow. bubs is stubborn. hopefully bubs will give you some sleep tonight & suprise you in the morning.

They did tell me that my hormone level was 350 at 4 weeks but I need to get another referal from my GP for my OB so maybe at the same time I might get them to take my blood again.

Linda

confusedegg Guest

my HCG was 296 at 16 dpo which is 4.5 weeks (i think). just to keep your mind at ease it wouldnt hurt to have another. Keep us posted.

Thinking of you.

Chris I have made a booking for Monday so from now until then I just have to stay relaxed. Everything will more than likely be fine.

Linda

Firstly welcome to all the newbies!

Secondly my day started off fab, NOT.
    Bub wasnt moving at all this morning, I was pretty sure it had been a good 12hours since I felt him last, even after Dh and I poked + prodded, wriggled, drank milo etc etc so I rushed off in a panic to the hospital.
    We heard his heartbeat (thankgod I was sooooooooo worried) but they hooked me up to the CTG machine to check for contractions.
    Im not in labour but my braxton hicks are 2-3mins apart *eek* My internal showed no dialation but my cevix is very very soft and bub is 100% engaged (nurse said she could feel his big head lol).
    So semi-bedrest and relaxation for me so he doesnt think about making an appearance before 36wks.

Im happy for him to make it to 37wks then he has my full permission to make his way to the exit door lol

So if Im MIA dont worry, Im just milking the bedrest for all its worth this weekend and making Dh my slave

confusedegg Guest

LINDA: I am sure it will be fine, sorry didnt mean to upset you, i only meant to say was if you wanted to have another test, it wouldnt hurt. I guess i didnt word myself properly. Anyway sorry again.

Any word on Justine, hope she is progressing with her bubs.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, if it is any comfort, current IVF transfer practice of putting the embryo in nice and low is intended to help cut the risk of ectopic pg. As Sheree said though, the little things float around in there for a bit before settling but try not to worry too much. Remember, most of the time, they find their way to a nice safe spot. Your scan will soon be here and I hope that it helps put your mind at rest.

Justine - I am officially on first watch as it is now 1.15am on 4/8. Making up a thermos of Moccona for the vigil as we speak. More LVs to you ...

Anna - wow it does sound like your little one is keen. Oh, I am so envious of your pliable cervix (forgive me, that sounds so rude) as the only pose mine seemed able to adopt was cat's bum. It sounds so good for your labour prospects. You rest up and take it easy now ...

Just fed WM who seems to have stopped throwing up finally and am off to bed myself for my second sleep. See you all in the morning. The proper morning that is ... not this ungodly hour.

Love,

Mel

tiggy Guest

No news yet?
    I keep checking....

Like ships in the night ... the checkers keep checking ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast