Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after miscarriage or loss ~ September 2010

forshelby did the dr say anything about it. About what you should do?

Angelfish - No, he seemed worried until my urine showed no protein (sorry TMI there) and then he took my bp again at the end of my appt and he was much happier with the result. It still seemed high to me though at 130. Not sure what the bottom number was. I'm wondering if it's still ok for me to fly in a couple of weeks... hrrmmm maybe I need to make a phonecall and ask him some questions.

Forshelby: Its the bottom number that counts when you do a BP. The top number is the heart at full work load (contracting) the bottom number is it at rest (so when its just sitting there doing nothing) So its when the heart is under too much pressure resting that its time to freak. The top number could (probably) was just reflecting you fear of them not hearing a HB!!!

What can you do about lowering it??????? NOT STRESS about it!

hi Everyone, just a quick note from a busy workplace to say hi!

forshelby I hope the bp calms down for you. & I hope everyone else is cruising.

Is anyone here having their baby in Sydney?

AFM - thanks for the info re cramps ferrals4, they are freaking me out a bit. I am almost seven weeks, so I'm still really anxious. I have my first scan on 14.10.10. seems forever away.

hugs. x
    Last edited by kmm; September 28th, 2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: because I can't spell !

forshelby tegam is right about the top number and if your stressed at all it will be higher probley by the time you left the dr office and was home after hearing the hb your bp was probley normal. THey also worry if your numbers stay up also and dont come down. Relax( ha me saying this) but stress will make your bp go up. And yeah before you fly i would ask your dr.

KMM Its okay to be anxious and want to talk about it, good luck with your frist scan allot of the ladys around here have great advice and are great support they have helped me out soo much

Morning ladies,

Forshelby-with my 1st baby my bp got to 150 over 210 i was told to rest and relax it stayed like that for awhile before i was induced just try not to over do it.

I finally think i felt movement it felt like a bunch of goldfish i would say down near my bladder did not have to pee (Sorry TMI) then i had to pee so really horribley happen a couple times last night

Shelby it is more then likely you have whats called essential hypertension which you didn't know about before your pregnancy. It is very rare to have blood pressure problems associated with pregnancy under 20 odd weeks. But like some of the others have mentioned it could be from the stress of waiting to hear the HB etc.

I'm of to try get an appointment with my Ob today as I have so much pain in my uterus and one ovary. I'm hoping its just adhesions stretching to accommodate my growing uterus but I am still freaking out so want it checked out but I doubt I'll get in to him on such short notice. Worth a shot anyway maybe someone has cancelled or something. I also haven't felt bub move for a few days. I guess its because it is so tini tiny still.

angelfish great news on feeling bub.

Hello to everyone else.

Tegam - Thanks for the info! I got a bit of a chuckle about the not stressing part. So true... lol.

Angelfish - It did come down to 130 by the time I was about to leave... so that's a good thing. I don't have another appointment before we fly to Melbourne, so I'm going to have to give him a call, I think. Yay for feeling movement!!!!

Ferrals - Wow that seems high....

Mildez - The dr did ask if I normally had high bp and I said I didn't think so. (I really don't visit the dr unless I'm very sick!) He also thought I might have been a bit anxious about the hb. How far along are you? The stretching adhesions sounds logical.... but it's never a bad idea to get checked out. Keep us posted.

AFM - I had a really teary day yesterday... then all evening/night I just felt irritable and cranky! It was really bad! I spilled some water and got really upset about it, then yelled at the dog for not going in his kennel to be tucked in (yes, I tuck him in.. lol) and I was just a basketcase in general! Today I'm feeling a little bit the same. I'm babysitting my friend's boys, and I can feel my rage building, lol. The older one is just talking really nasty to the younger one and I feel like turning off the damn xbox, and saying RIGHT if you can't play nice, then you can't play at all. I think I need to step outside for a minute. I hope everyone else is well.

Forshelby! I would turn off the xbox. I am that sort of mumma with the play nice or lose it! Hope that your day gets better. I always feel that baby has a growth spurt around 16weeks and you are in that no mans land between passing the magical 12weeks and feeling so far away from that 20week scan. I ALWAYS get emotionaL!

I am 12weeks today. My pain has settled now so I'm looking at the phone and phone book wondering if I should try get in or just wait and see. I have my NT scan mid next week. I think the pain and the fact I though I felt bub move and now can't has me anxious. Its always something. Logic tells me at 12weeks you shouldn't feel bub anyway so no reason to panic then part of me things well no you thought you could feel it for days at 11weeks and now nothing. WTF? Stupid mind of mine.

Shelby babysitting would do my head in. Goodluck with that. Hope they behave themselves and give you a break. I'm babysitting for my sister tomorrow and already I want to strangle her son like homer and Bart Simpson and his not even here yet. I am completely dreading it as he is such a challenge.

Default DORY update

Had an SMS yesterday: Sorry forgot to update you all:

"we are home from hossy today. Just the process of getting home was tiring. More pain as a result, but i am taking it easy. Am going ok at parenting Hannah. Its hard at times. We've only had one really unsettled night but it was about 6 hours worth. We didnt scream or swear at each other. We got her settled in the end'.

Sounds like Dory is doing an amazing job!

This new mothering thing is so hard at times and with the pain and the lack of sleep it can feel like it is never ending!

Sounds like baby Hannah is a good little thing. I rememeber my DD1....oh on the 3rd night of crying i was crying as well And i dont think i could have said that we didnt swear or scream at each other

CONGRATULATIONS again Dory and keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Mildez View Post
    I am 12weeks today. My pain has settled now so I'm looking at the phone and phone book wondering if I should try get in or just wait and see. I have my NT scan mid next week. I think the pain and the fact I though I felt bub move and now can't has me anxious. Its always something. Logic tells me at 12weeks you shouldn't feel bub anyway so no reason to panic then part of me things well no you thought you could feel it for days at 11weeks and now nothing. WTF? Stupid mind of mine.
    Whether you felt the baby or not doesnt matter its good to remember tho that the feelings DO come and go at this stage. I know i FELT all of mine early but then not for some days and then again, up until 17-18weeks!!

Call someone if you are worried. If you are 12weeks you could get in and do your NT scan earlier than next week!

Mildez-i felt all my boys at about 15-16 weeks and Abbi at 14 weeks and this one at 13 weeks and i know for sure it is bub some days i feel a lot other days just a little and i dont feel bub the side where the placenta is.
    If you need peace of mind try to see someone sooner that is what i am doing having my own scan next week before the fetal medicine unit scan on the 18th i feel better knowing i have some control over my pregnancy.

Dory-enjoy hun.

Forshelby-that has always been my motto if you havent got anything nice to say dont say anything at all so use the xbox as a tool turn it off give them some time then say if you behave you get it back otherwise you miss out.
    you tuck your dog in soooooooooooooooo cute i love it.

Murrycod-did you get your goodies in the mail?

AFM-I JUST WANT AN ANSWER DOE'S THIS BABY HAVE F#CKING SLO OR NOT WHY IS IS SO DAMM HARD TO GET A FREAKING ANSWER I AM SICK TO DEATH OF WATCHING MY BELLY GROW AND WAITING AND NOT KNOWING AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

Tegam - I knoooowwww.... I just feel like crap, for no apparent reason, and totally emotional. It's frustrating. One more episode of hogging/being a smartarse, I will turn it off soooo fast. Oh and what's driving me even crazier is that the older one keeps asking me if it's his turn to play yet.... when he spent a good half hour hogging it while I was stuck on the phone to my mum. The little one was so patient, and just occupied himself waiting for his turn. It's been 3 minutes, and the older one keeps saying 'has it been 10 minutes yet'? No, it hasn't. I feel like stretching the time out even longer every time he asks. I know they're just kidlets, but greed really bothers me. It's not even their machine, it's my partner's. You know what, this isn't even a really big deal, I'm just in one of those moods!!!! I think I need a snack to keep from getting cranky. Thanks for the dory update! I was just thinking about her, wondering if she was home from hospital yet. Yay, how lovely.

Mildez - Oh I know the feeling. A few times I've felt panicky because I was sure I felt flutters from about 13wks on.... and then I get nothing for a day or two, and I think 'surely if I felt things THEN I should feel them NOW'. It's hard not to worry, isn't it? I must say, for good boys... they are challenging me today. I'm getting a bit wound up watching them 'sharing'. The little one is doing fine, but the bigger one just seems to steamroll the younger one. When I said the 10 mins was up, he charged over and grabbed the controller straight away, as if he would die waiting 2 seconds. Meanwhile, when his turn is up, he fart-arses around trying to stretch it out. Ughhhh.... if they were my kids I know how I'd deal with it, but they're not, and I only have to get through today. I think I just need to grit my teeth, and if it gets too much, tell the older one I have some housework he can do if he keeps playing up. Oh and they keep harassing my poor little foxie. I don't want to yell at anyone.. but I mean it's every two seconds they're trying to pat him or hold him.... I think the dog needs to go outside for his own sake.

Ferrals - LOL.. the dog likes to be tucked in too, it's really cute. In winter I tuck the cat in too and she stays under her blanket most of the night. Very sweet. It must be soooo hard going through the waiting. How long till you get an answer now??

Ferrals-- I've been thinking of you-- I hope that you get some answers soon so that you can enjoy this more and not be anxious. I really don't have much room to talk here, 'cause I am Ms. Anxiety herself...but I really feel for you.

This is just a quick update to say that I finally just called the doc office today and made an appointment with the Dr to check the heartbeat AGAIN and to check my lungs-- as I am not sure I still have one or the other, since I have been hacking so much. Each day is better, but man-oh-man, this cold is sticking 'round ugly.

Anyway, the Dr was really very understanding...no problem with finding the heartbeat and she suggested that maybe I consider coming in weekly until I feel movement. (They probably think that I am a complete basket case.) But I was really surprised that they offered... The doc seemed to know my history, and said that they would rather see me, than not. They also asked me if some student nurse/doctor could be present at this appointment. Sure, what the hay... I didn't realize how anxious I was until, after the appointment, I got to the car and just started weeping. I haven't cried much until now.

Hope all you ladies are doing well...best wishes.

Forshelby-I have an u/s next wed than one on the 18th and if they find no abnormalities on both those u/s we can relax but we wont be absolutely sure until bub is born as SLO can also affect people very mildly with no obvious abnormalities which is a little scary as mildly affected kids have feeding problem and usually have a peg tube and they self harm and are metally disabled it is a terrible syndrome with a broad spectum from mild to extreme (Abbi was the most servere form).

Sunshine and stars-i went to the GP for the 1st time today he was disgusted in the way the fetal medicine unit have stuffed up he gave me my referral for my u/s next week and felt my belly but didnt listen to the heartbeat he said lets wait until we get some good news before we get to attached to this bub i said to late i already am but he wouldnt let me hear the heartbeat so i will have to wait until next week.

OH Ferrals: that sentence should have been size seven and in RED! FAAARRKK I want you to have your answers! Hun i know you arent doing any more testing due to the risks and i dont know all the risks but couldnt you have another amnio or something like that at say 24weeks? Aleast your not waiting til 40 weeks??

AAHHHHH I really dont know how you are doing it! I for one are really proud of you!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast