Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after miscarriage or loss ~ September 2010

Tegam - Ok I'm breathing a massive sigh of relief now lol... I don't look that big, so it should be fine. My bump is obvious but I don't look like I'm about to explode or anything so that's reassuring.

Ferrals - We are definitely all here for you to vent all your worries and fears. It can't be easy having to put on a brave face for the family, so lean on us

foreshelby i jsut saw you are on the Gold Coast, im only 40mins away. We'll have to get together in the new year and show off our babies...

Who else is in sunny brisbane??

Tegam - Ooh, sounds exciting. It's a date!

The girls in my Belly buddies group want to meet soon at IKEA near logan if you want to come. Great shopping and theres FOOD there...hehe

Dory its so good to see you back on the boards again

Hi ladies!

My word have a missed a lot!!

First off I need to say Congratulations Dory!! I'm so glad you have your new baby girl home with you!

Congratulations Milly!! I hope you're enjoying all those newborn snuggles

Ferrals... fark me... I can't get over the bad run you've been having!! At least all of the signs are great so far. There's no reason why this little one can't be a healthy take home bub just like your 3 boys before!

murray and angelfish girls!!! Yay!!

I hope everyone else is going well! I know there were some other important announcements as well, but I can't go through all those pages again so I'm sorry to those I missed!

AFM ugh... M/S is the reason for my absence. It's been even worse than before from the 12wk mark (ie the middle of my gold coast holiday lol). Last week I was almost at the hospital stage but thankfully it settled so I could keep at least some food and water down. Now I'm only losing half my meals instead.

NT results came back perfect. Little basmati wouldn't stop moving and then buried itself down in the uterus where the lady couldn't get her readings lol. I had to go walking and come back for another try. It was the most surreal experience and really quelled my fears for a while. I have my next Obs appointment on wednesday, so my blood pressure is still down and I can hear the HB!

What else... uhmm... I cry at the drop of a hat, my allergies are insane, and I have no energy. TBH... I'm really not enjoying pregnancy at the moment but I know it will start getting better soon and it will be worth it in the end!
    Edit: One more thing! Bas has been dated as EDD 24/3 instead of 29th. I'm just going to wait and see at the moment!
    Last edited by MsKara; October 4th, 2010 at 07:13 AM.

Mskara-sorry to hear your m/s has been really bad but great news on the NT.

AFM-you know that brave face i was telling you about well it is going to be even harder to keep it up we just found out my DH's step niece who is 17 unemployed and smokes lives at home and bludges off the government is pregnant and due 8 days before us the first thing that popped into my mind is what if our bub doesnt make it and i have to endure her pregnancy and birth just like i had to with my mole of a SIL who's baby was due 8 weeks after Abbi was due that was toture hearing all about it and the invites to the baby shower ect i cant do that again why do the undeserving people get pregnant and pop out healthy babies.

MsKara - great to hear that you're going well and you have a gorgeous little bubba in there! So exciting!

Tegam - I'm in sunny Brisbane! At least it's actually sunny today. I'm so over the rain. Four loads of washing today and counting! Lots of it is baby stuff, it's so gorgeous out there on the Hills Hoist! I hate using clothes horses to dry my clothes, I have become addicted to the sun since we moved up here. Will really struggle if we go back to Melbs!

I hear you ferrals! This time last year I could barely walk into work because this dumb idiot with verbal diarrhea was blathering all about her pg, and I knew it was unplanned and she and her DH were deep deep in bad debt - not as bad as your smoker niece, but it still made me mad that she could have a healthy baby, and I couldn't, when we'd planned it for so long, and were so prepared.

In the right clothes, I can actually kind of still hide my bump, and just look a bit overweight. Crazy, huh? I could never get away with it with anyone I know well, but with strangers I could pull it off.

Tegam - Sounds interesting. When are you guys meeting up?

MsKara - Sorry about the M/S. I know what you mean though, I've felt nauseous on and off more than before the 12wk mark, I think. Strange. Glad you're feeling a bit better though, and that your scan went well. Good luck with your next OB appointment. Don't worry about the crying bit, I almost had a cry earlier just thinking about DP and everything he does to pay our bills while I grow this baby. *sniffle* hehe.

Ferrals - I can completely understand that thought process. I want you to put those thoughts aside as best you can, because this is YOUR TURN. All you can do is love this bubby as much as you can and hope for the best. It's hard not to look into the future, but I always find it's easier if I just deal with today. What can you do today to love this baby, and enjoy your pg as much as you can? I don't know if my rambling is helping, feel free to tell me to shut up....... I just wanted you to know your fears are totally valid. We're all here to get you through no matter what happens, hun.

AFM - Weird tight crampy feeling this morning just on the one side. I feel like I've over-stretched or something. I sneezed just before and that kind of hurt. For now I'm just keeping an eye on it and if it gets any worse I'll talk to a doctor about it. At the moment, I'm watching a baby story and trying not to get all emo about it..... LOL. Oh and I booked in for my 20wk scan. EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!! DP is off work that week so I booked it for the day before his birthday. It'll be so great to have him there again, he's been really awesome making the effort to get to my appointments, even the dull boring ones, just to be there for me. I just know he'll love to see our baby again, especially after seeing the look on his face at the 12wk scan. I'm tearing up just thinking about it, lol. I hope I don't cry at this scan, I managed to keep it together last time! I have a thing about public crying.... after that awful harrassment business at the job I left, I've done enough of it for a lifetime. I really don't want to be seen crying EVER AGAIN. Even though I know that's not realistic, lol. I hope everyone is well and belly rubs to all!

Forshelby-the pain on sneezing or coughing or getting up to quick is totally normal it is ligament pain from everything stretching i get it when i cough or sneeze if i dont lean forward and the cramping feeling could be like braxton hicks as the uterus will contract off and on right throughout your pregnancy just making room for baby and giving us a little discomfort.
    I am watching a baby story to.

Audax-i was like that with all my pregnancies my neighbour didnt even know i was pregnant i fit in all my normal clothes but just couldnt do up my pants i dont think i will have that luck with this one the IVF made me put on 2 kilos which has made me uncomfortable already i havent put any any weight since i got my BFP but i have a belly already even though it is little i cant do my pants up.

Ferrals - Oh, good to know this crampy feeling is normal. It helps if I hold my belly when I cough or sneeze....

hi girls...

Im cautiously moving into your thread if you don't mind... I have been in the LTTTCAM/L thread for a while... but we got our very strong BFP on Saturday (12DPIUI) after our 1st IUI treatment! Feeling very blessed and very scared as Im sure you can all relate too.... we lost our bubs 13 mths ago (missed m/c) when i was 12wks... so we are in shock to see that BFP! Lots of tears!!

Im very early (4wks)but dont thinks it fair if i post too much in my old thread with my worries cause their all working so hard for their BFP's and dont want to get them down! I feel a little in between stages I guess, not sure where i belong!

I am having my 1st BT tomorrow and a repeat on Thursday.. we have booked our 7wk scan in for 25/10 and cant wait!

I do know quite a few of the girls in here but for those who dont know me.. Hoping that i get to stay in this forum and get to know u all really well over the next 8ths or so! Im having a lot of cramping, nothing major but sort of feels like AF is coming so im doing the mad dash to the bathroom to check for bleeding every 10mins!

Oh T-hope, we all know how you feel about no sort of belonging anywhere, but let me tell you you are very welcome!!

Also can relate to that stupid running to the toilet every 5 mins to 'check' LOL

Welcome to the highs and lows or pregnancy after mc!!

Ferrals - thanks for clarifying the ligament pain, yes definitely when getting up off the couch, a pull and a stretch.

Forshelby - I get those pains as well. The hayfever, which has just kicked in, on these sunny days in Melbourne, get's me sneezing and I feel those tight pulls.

AFM - Is Basa fish no good for pregnancy because apparently it has too many toxins from the Vietnam waters. Where's my DH's proof??? I'm just craving some fish, give me some fish. Don't know which ones to choose and we don't have a proper fish monger nearby.

I'm also not working enough. Too much work in Trimester 1 and now not enough. Too days a week for a healthy little vegemite is driving me nuts. Next month, hopefully the roster can fit me in with some more work.

Well, 20 week scan next Monday. This is where we find out Boy or Girl. I'm a bit hesitant now, when weeks ago, I just had to know. I'm even trying to think, why do people leave it as a surprise to the end? I don't want to regret not having a surprise at birth time, which a lot of people go on about.
    Last edited by timeforafamily; October 4th, 2010 at 02:19 PM.

T-hope Not too early to be here. You have a BFP . Good luck with your BTs.

As for the cramping, the body has to stretch for the pregnancy!! It's so foreign for us LTTC.

T-hopes!!!!! OMG! Can't wait to hear your blood results....

forshelby - I meant to say before that I flew at 27 and 28 weeks, just on short hop domestics. I hated the 2 hour flights, but 1 hour is no biggie at all. And absolutely no dramas, no questions asked, although one guy might have regretted trying to stand between me and a toilet at one stage, and copped an elbow. Stretching pains are normal, I have had them all the way through.

I stayed at my sister's on the weekend, and that's a whole world of venting required. She offered me her bed, very kindly, but also freshly washed her sheets, and left them out on the line, and of course it rained ridiculously. So I was in a sleeping bag, on her single bed. Not friends. She also left a window open and it started raining on my head. I was SO grumpy in the morning. Meh. Got a good night's sleep last night, in the morning DH said "Thank CHRIST for that." I think I've been a little unbearable....

T-Hope - OMG, OMG... Congratulations Girl, So Happy for you
    Welcome to the club, Wishing you a H & H Pregnancy term.. Well done Girl.

Sorry Guys, I am in lurking mode, As internet is down, only have 1 gig of wireless data, so not contributing alot, will be back in full-throttle after 20th oct.

Ferrals - I am praying for you everyday

Dory - Congrats for baby Hannah.. Hope you and baby is going well/

Audax - Good that you are going well

Tegam - Our cute chatterbox.. you are the best and hilarious as well

Murraycod - Lurking ! Lurking ! Lurking !!!

Take care all,

I am on complete bedrest due to excess backache and leg cramps...Hmm, going to hospi on 6th to check on baby and fibroid position...
    Miss chatting to all of you

Love and wishes, Ric xxx

T-Hopes - Welcome and congrats!!!!! You belong right here! Wishing you a h&h 9 months

TFAF- Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one with the pulling crampy tight sensation. I personally am having a surprise baby, but I think you should go with your heart re finding out the sex. For me, the surprise part is all about doing it 'the traditional way'. Women everywhere had to wait right till the end even for a glimpse of bubby, so why rush? That's my thought process anyhoo. Also I think it adds to the suspense, and will make labour perhaps that bit easier to get through knowing we'll FINALLY know if we have a son or a daughter. Oh also, I'm a rebel without a cause and simply must be different. I do enjoy it a bit when people get all frustrated that I'm not finding out. Hehehehe... they can wait! What does your DH prefer to do?

Audax - LOL, I will keep my elbows in the ready stance, just in case anyone gets in my way at toilet time. You poor thing in a sleeping bag in a single bed! Did your sister not have a clothesdryer for precisely this emergency? I know it's a luxury.. but geez. I would have no clothes to wear the way it's been raining this year. Glad you got some rest at last!

Ric - Oh bedrest.. that must be very trying. I'd get so bored...... I hope you're 'released' soon!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast