Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Something wrong-UPDATE

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Awwwww Emma, you are such an amazing, inspirational woman. How wonderful that you have made such a heartfelt decision and have great support around you.

Sometimes some babies are misdiagnosed with Down's - I am not trying to give you false hope here, but something to be aware of, that ultrasound isn't always right. So I agree with flowerchild, take someone with you and keep an open mind.

I know it isn't going to be easy, but I do know many families with Down's children and they all tell me that they are such a delight. I am sure you'll love your little girl to bits and you'll both share an amazing, rewarding relationship.

We're always here whenever you need the words of support too. You go girl - we're right here behind you.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Emma

you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers [-o< - you 2 (you and DH) are wonderful strong people and your gorgeous daughter has made the right decision in finding fabulous parents like yourselves - stay strong O and be positive

take care OK

dianna

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Em we must have posted yesterday at the same time. I'm sorry to hear whats going on, and I got tears reading your post. *hugs* You are a strong woman!

Emma and Tim

Your baby girl is indeed blessed to have parents like the two of you.

Hold onto the love you have for her and for each other as you walk the next part of this journey together. Praying for you all.

Oh Emma, your post mad me cry. You and Tim are going to be fantastic parents to little Abby. She is so lucky to have you both.

Melody Guest

Emma I am absolutely bawling! You are such a beautiful person....

If you need/want some extra support I have an amazing girlfriend in Vic who has a gorgeous little two year old that she couldn't live without.... she faced the same situation as you & sometimes it just helps to talk to someone straight away. Email me if you want her email adress.... she would be only too happy to chat.

All my love & strength to you three!

OMG Emz - I just posted in our buddies thread hoping that you'd been able to come to some sort of decision. Well done is all I can say! Abby is one lucky little girl. I'm with you on how the termination process would work at this stage of our pregnancies. That was the first thing DH & I talked about after reading your first posts. There'd be hardly any decision for us either if it came to it. You have a beautiful little girl growing inside you right now, and boy was she letting you know when you were discussing it! Lil' darlin must have known mummy was upset and wanted to comfort you

Great big *hugz* to you. Lets hope the tests come back ok and this was just one big scare.

Hi Emma

I didn't look online until this morning and only just read all of your posts...

Firstly, Abby is a beautiful name - it was one I put down on my list too! I hope one day Lucy and Abby can meet!

I had a little cry for how this must feel for you and Tim, and what you must be going through. I'm not surprised to hear you can't imagine losing her. She's a little person all of her own, despite her possible challenges. And you're right, we all have those.

Whatever decision you make I'm sure it will be the right one for you and your family. I don't know anyone with a Downs child, but when I used to live in Coffs Harbour I made friends with a lovely lady in her 30s who had Downs and lived in a unit on her own, had a job in a sheltered workshop, a boyfriend and a very active life. She could read and write, not to an advanced level, but pretty well, and was such a great person. I guess all I'm trying to say is that a label never works for an individual...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Tim and Abby. Whatever you decide, you have been blessed to have her in your lives and no one can take that away from you.

Thinking of you...

Jennifer

Wilson Guest

Emma i'm sorry you have to go through this, i'll be keeping you and baby Abby and your hubby in my thoughts.

Emma - I haven't chatted to you at all before but I just wanted to say that I think you are amazing too. I have tears in my eyes from reading your post. Abby will be such a beautiful girl, she has no choice with two beautiful and very special parents. Downs children are usually lovely lovely children, very gentle, and caring. Good luck with everything. It is wonderful that you have such strong family support too. Enjoy your pregnancy and Abby - babies are such a wonderful gift no matter what.

Hi Emz Im so sorry to hear about your news this will be the hardest decision you ever make in you life. But can I just point out one thing my Aunty when she was pregnant with her 1st was told her baby had downs from the screening tests she had the needle thing and they were still worried about it anyway he is 7 now and doesn't have a thing wrong with him just has a bigger than normal head is all which is has almost grown into now anyway. They can't be 100% sure with this. But from someone who has given up a baby before it is so hard and my baby was only 11 weeks so this would be even harder I cry all the time thinking about it my baby would have been 2 in september this year!

lindie Guest

Hi Emma,

I am so glad that you have made your decision with the help and support of all of those that love you. God wouldnt give you something he didnt feel you could handle and now you can do what you need to do to make the rest of this pregnancy as emotionally comforting for both you and your little baby Abby. You are just amazing to be able to accept what is given to you and I also can relate to your heartache.

My Husband and I with our family sat down and decided that our little boy would be fine and we would take him anyway he comes as I also felt like you and that I would want to do anything to keep him here. Please think positive and make sure you look after yourself and if you feel you need too post from time to time about your uncertainty as you can see there are a lot of people here who are there for a second oppinion and seem to have some kind words to say also.

All my hugs

Lindie

Melinda Guest

Oh Em,

All my love and thoughts are with you and your family right now.

Abby is such a beautiful name and she is truly blessed to have such wonderful parents.

angelique Guest

Hi Emma,

What a courageous and heartfelt decision you have made. I am with you all the way and wish you the all the happiness in the world. You have made the right choice and it is a hard choice but you and your husband, family and friends have all the love, understanding and support to help you through this time.

Emma take care of yourself and your little baby. She is very special indeed - and so are you

Emma - you and your husband are very courages people and you should be proud of yourselfs no matter what happens. You will both make wonderful parents

Jacci

Em your post made me cry and then feel an awe for you and your Dh. Your strength and conviction are truley inspirational. I have no doubt at all that little Abby will be the most blessed little light in your life.

Jo

Fee Guest

Emma, I'm thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast