View Poll Results: When did you first feel baby kicking?

Voters
812. You may not vote on this poll
  • <15 weeks

183 22.54%
  • 15-16 weeks

222 27.34%
  • 17-18 weeks

214 26.35%
  • 19-20 weeks

123 15.15%
  • 21-22 weeks

60 7.39%
  • 23 weeks or longer

10 1.23%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: When did you first feel baby kicking?

I felt my baby move on 21 June 2004. I was 16 weeks 2 days pregnant. It caught me by surprise! I was like "what on earth..." it took me a few days to realise what it actually was!!

Sanna Guest

This time around 13 weeks along. I woke up thinking someone was tapping on my belly, I laid there for a minute just smiling and feeling and then thought of hubby and called for him, even he felt them but couldn't believe it could do that all ready.

The first pregnancy I felt kicking at 19 weeks and hubby didn't feel it until week 21.

Sanna

Default baby kicks

I first felt my baby kick/move at around 14 weeks (a little over I think). This is my first pregnancy. It felt like little bubbles running across my tummy. It was amazing. It was the first time I KNEW for sure I felt it, previous to that I thought maybe I had felt it.... I am now 19 weeks and I can feel the kicks and the pushes.... My husband felt an arm/leg sticking out a week ago and two or three nights ago he felt it move away from his touch. He is looking forward to being able to feel it more often. I am happy to be able to share the movements with him finally.

First real kick against my hand felt from outside only at 20 weeks. Inside sensations still feel more like something turning or twisting inside rather than kicks.
    Anterior placenta I should probably add.

Yay, first movement yesterday at 19 weeks 1 day...hadn't been feeling any of the fluttery or bubbly things that people talk about (or maybe I was but didn't know it) then yesterday had big bulge just next to my belly button, like a back or a bum, and some definite wiggling around that could be felt from the outside. What an amazing sensation!

The earliest I felt a proper kick was around week 19. I was asleep, and having one of those nightmares where you are paralysed in terror and can't wake up, and then I felt kick and fluttering movement, and it was strong enough to bring me out of my nightmare, and then he did it one more time whilst I was awake(almost like he was reassuring me it was real!!) It was so cool....

psychomamma Guest

Default baby kicks

I felt the first flutters around 9/10 weeks this pregnancy ( its my 3rd) and between 10 - 12 weeks for my other two and now at 22 weeks its full on kicks all round!

firsttimedad Guest

From what have been told Nae hasn't felt baby kick yet? Should this be a concern at 18wks. As it seems most ppl start to feel the kick from 15-17wks from looks of this forum..

Concerned firsttimedad :-k :-k

I think I have been getting a kick each day for the last 3-4 days. Just one a day, sometimes morning, sometimes at night...

Can't wait for more

I felt my first baby at about 18 weeks,but as this is my fourth and i felt this one at 12 weeks definitely roll over,i had to vote under 15 weeks....
    My doctor said it was very rare to feel it so early though

Ms Lee Guest

I felt first flutters at 17 weeks then gentle kicks at 18w. It was so beautiful. :bellyrub:

firsttimedad, everyone is different. It could be just a week away but it will take longer for you to feel it ...but when you do there's nothing like it.

FijiDad-2-B Guest

Bula!

My PPP (Precious Pregnant Princess) started feeling the infamous "butterflies fying around" at about week 13 or 14, but wasn't sure if it was bubba or not. Definite kicks came at the end of week 15, but I still can't feel anything at the end of week 17.

FJD2B

EDD 2 April 04

I haven't felt anything yet. I keep on talking to the baby telling him/her to give me a good hard kick but I haven't felt anything definite yet. I suppose it will happen soon. I keep on getting bigger and the baby moves on the ultrasound so everything must be ok but no kicks.

Rob you aren't alone.

firsttimedad Guest

Thanks Morv,

Renae just kepts saying its stubborn like its mother, so all is good especially from our u/s earlier this week, he seems to be moving around freely enough and moving them little limbs of his, all is good. Just can't wait for Nae to say put your hand here and feel it...oh well, soon after that no doubt I'll be holding our little bundle of joy with glee...

ROb

Debbie Lee Guest

Finally! I can say that I can feel little Nobba kicking now. The bubbly feelings have probably been kicking but this morning I felt the little blighter kick with my hand!! YAY!
    So, I am one of the late bloomers - 22 weeks and 2 days before I can definitely say Little Nobba kicked.
    WHOO HOO!!

alreayd posted about feeling joshua at 16 weeks, and well with this one im pretty sure they started at 12 weeks, they're slowly comming more often

take care
    Lesley

Guess what!!!! bout half an hour ago I fely quickening, am positive. Was a strange kinda popping/tapping sensation, never felt anything like it! I thought it was too early, but have been reading on internet and it is possible to feel it at this stage, I am so excited I could explode!!!

so that was 14w 4days.

spoke to mother in law who was a midwife for 20 years and she said that some women feel it as early as 12 weeks.

Debbie Lee Guest

Yay Min! Glad you have felt it so early (and not at 22 weeks like me - though I am sure I was feeling something sooner now).
    Enjoy it! It's coooool!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast