Thread: Constant Period Pains

Default Constant Period Pains

For the last few days I have been getting these period type pains. They don't come and go and my belly doesn't tighten it just feels like I have my period. The pain is continuous and lasts for a couple of hours beforfe subsiding.

I try not to let it get to me and tell myself it will go away soon but really after the first hour I start to panic and wonder if something is wrong.

I have tried googling it but I just can't find anyone who has seemingly had the same thing so I'm hoping someone here can help. Is this normal???

TIA

I am not sure about constant period pains, when in doubt go and ask your doctor I would say.
    last night I had period type cramping however it wasnt constant it came and went.
    I hope you find some answers

I have also had some period type cramping, but again like deancey, it was not constant, just waves of pain for about an hour, every 5 to 10 mins...?? It was only last night, seems ok this morning. Sorry I can't be of any help Sumdge....

Smudge I had that for the last three-four weeks of my pregnancy. Combined with bubs constantly grinding my cervix i remember it being none too pleasant.

Being at only 31 weeks you may be best to ask about it, JIC, but I'm sure you'll be just fine.
    Good luck with the impending birth!

yep i had it too. i had it more in early pregnancy though and i cant quite remember if i had it in the third tri. it cant hurt to ask at your next check up.

I have had constant aching like I have my period for the last 3 weeks, but I am due tomorrow.

Ive had it on and off for the last couple of weeks too.

I've had mild period pain type cramps on and off the last couple of weeks. It only lasts 10-15 minutes at a time and happens every couple of days or so.

i have had constant cramping for the last 2 days like period pains but they dont seem to get any worse or they dont seem to dissapear either but i just put it down to him sitting really low cause i have carried him low through out my whole pregnancy?

Hiya Smudgiesmum, I've been getting mild period type cramps occasionally and when I asked the midwife, in my case it was because bub's head is down and engaged so its causing stretching and stuff at the bottom of my uterus - hence the period type pains. But def bring it up with your doc.

Thanks Sammy, Ill ask my midwife on Monday when I see her. I have only had them once this week so thats a plus, before now I was getting them every day.

I know bubs head is down and she hasn't budged since week 26 (she must be comfy - not much of an acrobat more a kick boxer) so maybe it just depends on where exactly she is sitting at the time - sometimes she is so high I can't sit down others she is low and I carry my belly around but Ill def ask the midwife on Monday.