Thread: Engaged or not?!!!!!

Red face Engaged or not?!!!!!

Ok, so i know this is really only a question my MW can really answer, but she just won't tell me.

Am now 37 wks and have been feeling like bubs has been engaged for at least two weeks. I can't walk properly anymore, i get incredible pressure down low and he doesn't move much at all, which i was told is because "he's very low and very tight". At my last hosp appointment, the doctor checked for his head and measured fundal height (even though i thought it was a useless measure from 34 wks onward...) and from where he could feel bub's head... well let's just say it was one of those "shouldn't you have bought me dinner first?" moments. LMAO
    And prior to that when i went in for a CTG to see if everything was ok, (i had no movements, that i was aware of, for three days) i got the "you're only this many weeks aren't you?" like she was surprised that he was so "low".

I'm breathing a lot better, and have had no heartburn or acid indigestion since i thought he'd engaged, i'm having much more frequent bowel movements, i get the "cervical pain" knowing that he's pushing down - BUT i don't have the urge to need to pee all the time. In fact i think i'm pee-ing less. And by god, i swear, EVERYONE keeps telling me i'll be up on the hour every hour to pee once he's engaged... So now i'm being put off!!
    Everything else body-wise would indicate that I have - & i'm not worried if i haven't, i know that it might not happen til a few days before labour - it was just an exciting "step".

Sorry for big ramble and possibly pointless thread - i'm just curious to know what you think and hear your stories!!!

PMSL I thought you meant engaged as in to be married and I was thinking who is MW and why would she know!!! (blonde moment sorry)
    It sounds like you are engaged but then again I am not a MW. My 1st never engaged at all but the next 2 did and it was like they were going to fall out they were so low!
    Good luck anyway, sounds like things are moving along well.

To me, it does sound like he has engaged. All the books will say what you've described (breathing easier, less indigestion/hb, pressure and the pg 'waddle' etc) when talking about baby being engaged. did your midwife write it on your yellow card? It may be 2/5 or 4/5 depending on which way they count it.

It sounds like bub has engaged, but even if he hasn't, it doesn't mean labour is so far away. My daughter wasn't fully engaged when I went into labour.

Thanks for your replies!

Mrsmac - it's ok, i'm sure if i had been reading the first line of my post, i would have done the same thing! i read just about everything the wrong way lately
    Sherie - they haven't written anything on anything that i know of - though i'm oblivious to my BP readings as well, so i really have no idea. I suppose i should just ask this week.
    Baby_socks - Yeah i'm not too worried, moreso curious!!! People keep asking me, and i'm like, well...

I'm just trying to take things as they come (although, term today, hurry the hell up little bubba!) and while everything is healthy with me and little one i'm not stressing!

I hope bub hurries up for you Ash, those last few weeks seem to drag don't they?

YESSS!!! Oh it's just not fair! I was at mum's on Sunday and got to have a cuddle of Stevi and Charli and then i was just jealous!

I was soooo happy to be induced with Riley at 37 w 3 days!

I feel almost exactly how you're describing, ash, though I'm at 30 weeks... My tum is rather on the smallish side (though babe is right on target for measurements, I look more like 20 weeks) and when I mentioned to a few older female relatives over the weekend that I thought rabbit had engaged they were REALLY suss. And I seem to be peeing every 30 minutes. Do you do any squatting sort of exercises?

Not really - but i do use my yoga/exercise ball to sort of sit and squat on, so to a degree i guess!

I have been engaged since 30 weeks....it's very low and tight now!!!