Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many came early with your 1st?

Harrison was 14 days late then induced. I thought I was going to be early but I think it was just wishful thinking.

My little boy was 2 weeks early. No joke, I was sitting looking at all of his little jumpsuits that were on the line wishing that he would hurry up and come and said to myself "i'm ready", then I went to the bathroom and part of my mucus plug had come out and I started getting contractions a little after that!! Good luck

It depends on your definition of 'early'.

Full-term is anywhere between 37ish weeks and 41ish weeks gestation. So a delivery that occurs anywhere within this timeframe is actually 'on-time' and neither early nor late!

My daughter was born exactly 2 weeks before my EDD (so still 'full-term' but certainly earlier than I was expecting for a first-time bub). I'm hoping for this baby to arrive before it's EDD, however my obstetrician advised me that it could come at any time.

morgan78 Guest

I wasnt thinking about it too much with DS but eveyone kept telling me i was not going to go to term as i was really low and they were right he was 6 weeks early, Then 2 weeks early with DD.

I like you have had a feeling I'd go 3 weeks earlier than my EDD (I was born 3 weeks early) and so did my DF. I have just passed that point so am now classed as full term and he's not here yet so it looks like we were wrong. I'm so shocked to find myself still pregnant - particulary when I was warned that women of my age tend to go quite early.

I think it can be wishful thinking as I've noticed a lot of women think they'll go early (often hoping to when they get towards the end and get uncomfortable) but in my case it's the opposite. All the way along I've been wanting to reach my EDD as the baby bonus goes up on 1/7 and I'm due per LMP on 3/7 or by scan 29/6. Now I'm happy for him to arrive whenever he's ready.

I was almost 3 weeks early with Mackenzie - and I certainly wasn't expecting it. We had 8 people over the night before for a dinner party (crazy I know) and everyone commented on how high I was still carrying. Woke early to go to the toilet and my waters broke while I was on there - no pre labour pains or any other sign. Contractions started about 15 mins later and were 5 mins apart but within another 30 mins they were already 2 mins apart - scared the hell out of me!

Aidan was born at 35w1d so pretty much 5weeks early. Next pg I'll know to expect anything!

i did too. I "knew" i was going to go early and everyone told me i was going to late with my first.

bah to them!! i was right. 36 weeks and 3kgs!! best thing ever.

I was 4 days early with William and 3 weeks early with Rory.

I knew I was not going to 40 weeks with either of them and I have the same feeling with this one. Fingers crossed thing happen in the next week or so!!

My first three babies were all late 42+6 and all were induced,I thought they might have come early as my mother said I had come a month early,didn`t happen that way for me.

going by my dates my DD was born on the due date
    going by the date given after ultrasound she was 1 week late. She was a very long baby and now at age 5 is finally a average height! (as in the other kids have caught up)
    all the best

Mumof2Girls Guest

My first one was almost 2 weeks late. My 2nd one I think was two days over, as was my third one. All throughout this pregnancy, I've had the feeling that I'd have this little boy early. I'm starting to develop symptoms of pre-eclampsia and they're making noises about inducing me anywhere from 37 weeks onwards, depending on how it progresses.

Before I knew bubs gender I had a dream that I was having a little boy and that he came early...

Well I think I am destined to come early. Went to the Ob yesterday who told me that bubs is slightly over average size at 3kg already, but cause I'm an under average size she thinks it will happen sooner rather than later - again, all hear say and their gestimates at the weight, but an interesting thought which confirmed what I had felt all along.

Stay tuned.....

I thought I would be 2 weeks early and DD was born about 37w6d

My first was born at 39w4d

I always thought i would go over...family history type of thing happening, but i went at 37w 5d. I did have an inkly though, i wouldn't travel to far at the time and i was nesting the week prior....doing gardening (to DP's surprise) and getting the house spot on!

Hope i go early this time too!

Best of luck to all you mummies.

I have 2 sons who both came early.....my first son came 10 days early and my 2nd son was actually induced as I had cholestasis....but once I had the gel I went into labour immediately, so they think maybe he was going to come soon anyway, he was born 13 days before my due date...which was nice given that he was due on Christmas Day

I always thought i would go early with DS as he was a week bigger the whole way and just had that feeling. My due date then came and went and he was born 2 days overdue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast