Thread: Less kicking more movement

Default Less kicking more movement

The last few days I have noticed bubs is not "kicking" me as much but is still moving around a lot. Is this common this time of preg, I am assuming is because baby is running out of room to kick me so much in! I have an apt with GP next week so not sure if need to go in any earlier, I am feeling movement but not so much kicking at me. Has anyone else exp this too?

I cant wait for the next few weeks to be over with and to hold baby, I still have this feelilng that I am dreaming that I am preganant and that it really isnt going to happen!

Hi Lesh,
    I've been experiancing the exact same thing, Ob did a scan last week to see what position bubs was in and it turns out that he's sitting breech, curled up in a ball with he's legs up hear he's face - i'm guessing that's why i wasn't feeling many kicks, he must of stretched back out again though as i've started feeling him kick again the last one or two days.

Like you said bubs probably hasn't got as much room in there now as he/she did have which is why they can't kick you! All the best, i hope the last 9 weeks don't drag too much for you

Hi Lesh,

I definitely don't get as many kicks as i did a few weeks ago... but lots of movement.. my little princess is a quiet one though and it's usually only twice a day i feel her! It not uncommon for bubs to be running out of room now, and my OB has told me i will feel less kicking, and more moving or squirming! You have to remember every bub is different!! don't worry, my OB said if you can feel 10 good "movements" a day then all is well!

Remember also that position of bubs plays a HUGE roll in it too... my bub has been head down for a long time now and i feel pressure and movement down there, but no kicking really at the top...!

try not to worry!

xxx

Thanks Boo, looks like we are going through same timings!! I hate anaylising everything and was sure I would not be this paranoid before I fell pregnant but it doesnt go that way!

Totally agree with you Trish - who ever told me you stop worrying after the 12 week mark is a liar lol!!

Rolling rolling rolling..........

I noticed this particularly with Olivia (posteria placenta) in the 3rd tri. It was like she was doing rolling somersults rather than soccer kicks.....

I remember sitting at my leaving do lunch from work feeling almost like I had sea-sickness from all the rolls she was doing.......LOL!

SueB Guest

Lesh.......... I too am getting more squirming and rolling then kicks ,some nights my whole tummy moves all to one side for about 5 minutes then she must roll back...... I do get some kicks still but nowhere near as many as i was getting..i'm thinking she has moved as the kicks i do get are not where they were two weeks ago.....

Thanks so much!! I dont know what I would do without this forum! I was sitting here getting myself all worked up at work!

I'm getting lots of rolling around now and lovely big kicks in my ribs!

I used to get lots of punching and prodding as well as kicking but now i think she just has no room to do much but roll!!

SueB Guest

It's great Lesh isn't it ...to be able to just throw a question out there and have someone here at BB to help you out

When are you due? you must be very close to me .. are yu part of a BB group?

Lesh, I am feeling the same as well. Bubs is really quiet during the day while I'm at work but then at night will roll around but she will wake me up with punches and kicks early in the morning (still not sure if I'm squashing her) but mostly it is squirming.

I wish she was more active and kicking during the day because everyone wants to feel her move esp her little cousins. Luckily I don't mind having little hands constantly on my belly. lol

I know Sue, its great not to feel hesitant about asking a question that is "silly" - I find when I ask friends or work colleagues that have had babies before I think they think I am over paranoid etc - maybe that's just my hormones though! Im due on 19 Dec - does that make you a Xmas eve baby?? At this point Im thinking I wouldnt mind having baby on xmas day - I can only imagine life at home with a 5 day old and Xmas day with the relos (well in-laws I supppose!!) Think id prefer to be in hopsital with just bubs and restricted visting hours!!!

I haven't joined the BB I can't seem to work out how to find the link and have only just popped in when I've seen it from a most recent post on the home page!
    It took me long enough to work out how to the ticker!!

Lesh, towards the end of my pregnancy I felt the same way ... less kicking but more of squirming, rolling, and poking type of movement. I asked my dr last time and as we all have suspected, that's because he's running out of room He was born quite a big baby (for my size)
    Good luck!