Thread: Nesting Hubbies

Default Nesting Hubbies

Has anyone else had a dh who is nesting? I would have probably rolled my eyes at such a thought a few months ago but I dunno... Dh has been cleaning and moving furniture and organising and messing around in the garden like crazy the past week or so. I've been pretty fidgety myself and cleaning weird things since the house is long since clean clean clean, freezing meals, etc myself and he's totally keeping up with me. Its kind of adorable. Usually he's helpful enough if I ask but wouldn't care less about the finish on the new chest of drawers or clipping vines off the side of the house, let alone writing himself lists and finding new things to do. He's really clingy too, hates leaving the house and comes and hangs out in the kitchen when I'm cooking or the study when I'm working. Always wanting cuddles. Not complaining at all, its really lovely.

And he's been putting apple juice in everything. Weirdo. Can men get those weird cravings too?

I don't doubt this odd phenomenon Bellelass.

My dh has suffered morning sickness, hormone swings, cravings and lower back-pain throughout my pregnancy, and apparently did through his sisters too. Kind of frustrating really because I'd prefer to be suffering these ailments on my own with full support, not comparing how we feel - hehe. In saying that though, could be handy for me when it comes to nesting, may actually get him to do the jobs I've been nagging about for months...

LOL!! Yes, my DH nested too. He cleaned out all the kitchen cupboards and built some new shelves just before DS1 arrived. I think it's quite normal. But if your DH isn't usually one to help out much, I'd be getting some photos .

DoubleK Guest

i think that is really cute! im having a giggle trying to picture my dp nesting when i was! it just wouldnt be possible i dont think!

i would enjoy it while it lasts!!!

Sympathetic Pregnancy PMSL!!

Oh wow, that's kind of awesome, wish my DH had of nested...

Heres hoping my DH nests.... we are currently moving and he's doing a great job with all the cleaning and packing.... just hope it continues at the new house

mine is like this too. i mena it is weird because i am not even doing it yet lol.
    He actually got cranky on the weekend cause he was buzzing around the house picking up this and that and VACUMING (its in capitals because i didnt think he even knew wat a vacume was b4 this)
    i put a cup on the floor next to the lounge he come in looked at me liek it was the worst thing in the world and took it out to the sink. also says stuff liek we have to make sure this and that isnt left on the floor so the baby doesnt get it.
    i hope it keeps going, last weekend we took a load of rubbish to the dump cause he was in a spring clean kinda mood lol.

Ha ha ha... love this thread!

My DH is a notorious procrastinator and it usually takes a rocket to get him to do ANYTHING.. but in the last week or so he's been actively initiating some activities to get the house ready for bubs...

He's even agreeing to shopping for baby stuff (which is a real rarity!).

Now I'm wondering if he's nesting too (in his own 'slight' way!)...

Hoping I've got good energy tomorrow so I can do some vacuuming & cleaning and I'll see if it gets DH moving too - will have to let you know if it works!

Ah your all lucky ladies,

My Dh wouldnt know what nesting was if it turned around and hit him in the head.
    i myself have gone crazy today cleaning, i did this with DS and then went through it again as i got futher along.
    Id enjoy your DP helping , i would love it to death.