Thread: No Dilation 10 Days Over Will I Ever Get A Vbac?? Help!!

Kristielee Guest

Default No Dilation 10 Days Over Will I Ever Get A Vbac?? Help!!

Well Its offical I am depressed!!
    My cervix has NO dialation!!!!!!!!!!!!Well maybe 1cm and is still quite high!
    Went to Obst she explained that Obviously baby needs to come out soon.. and she is happy for me to wait a little longer if I want to wait and see if a miracle occurs for natural in next couple of days or wait to see if dialation occurs by Thursday another appointment! And if miracle does happen great! If dialation is ok by thurs great too she will start induction if I want! BUT I cannot be induced now or if no dialation because of risk of uterine rupture from previos c/sec scar! Plus they are not allowed to use the Gel on VBAC's either it intensify's this uterine rupture thingy too so no gel which is what fricken helps to open the cervix!!!!

So I could have option for C/sec tomorrow or anytime really OR end being a c/sec on Friday if nothing happening before then! I thought I could at least have induction but also she thinks babies position at moment isnt really favourable either and even though induction may happen (if dialation miracle) it may ultimately end up c/sec again anyway (50% chance) Argh!

Im so angry and sad all at once I feel my body is failing me!!! Obviously I was in complete tears lucky DH was with me he said to wait till Friday which at first I was like just get it over with its obviously never gonna happen but now Im like Ok wait till Friday then can prep myself for inevitable by then but also have the chance to maybe get a miracle in between now and Friday

So thats my crapy day and all I can think about....Hey we all cant have perfect pregnancy's and in the end it is still way better than my last pregnancy of 2mths in hossy and not being awake for birth! At least this time if is a c/sec I can be awake and cuddle her straight after and recovery will be better than last time as general really knocked me about along with no energy for 2mths in hossy, So there is some positives but Obviously it is still something I really craved being able to push my baby out myself! Oh how I just want to cry now

IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS OR ADVISE IF BEEN THRU THIS BEFORE PLEASE POST ME THANKS IM SURE THIS SHOULD BE IN THE BOOHOO ROOM BUT I POSTED IN HERE!
    Kristie

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Your body isn't failing you. The medical system is putting pressure on you. Your body and baby need time to be in the right place and right moment... just say no if you and your baby are healthy. Waiting longer wont increase your risk of rupture. Go and get yourself a pampering pregnancy massage, you never know what might happen if you relax .
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Forgot to add. Get some EPO capsules to help ripen your cervix they are often used with VBAC women. They also successfully induce VBAC women with a foley's catheter which is a balloon like thing - but only use this last resort, give your body a chance above all. So there are options, not just what you get told...
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Hang in there - I 2nd the preg massage suggestion!

I don't know how many times I have read that your cervix can either dilate from being closed very fast (hours) or it can occur over a longer period (days). I know it's hard not to feel like a failure but you are definitely not!
    You are doing such a wonderful job that bub doesn't want to come, she is just too comfy

Lots of Labour vibes and like Kelly said get some Evening Primrose oil and insert next to your cervix to help ripen it up.

Good luck

Kristielee Guest

Thanks Girls
    I got a massage/Accupuncture done this morning... and some chinese relaxation tablets, inserted EPO's last night and am patiently waiting. I look forward to finding out if anything has happened by Thursday and if not then I might wait till Tuesday at the most! Which will make me 18 days over I think I can safely say even now but definately after 18days I have given my body and baby the chance to do it alone!

But I will see what state of mind Im in by then I dont want to resent this pregnancy or wait if its all maybe going to end up pear shaped with C/sec anyway... I do trust my doctor and she is a high risk doctor who knows a lot, but she did say she doesnt have a crystal ball and it is up to me on what I want to do.... I hate making decisions I would rather it be done for me but I know I might regret it if I dont wait a little longer!!

Am feeling better today so thank you to all for advise and Im still hanging in there.

Good luck! Do you know if your baby is posterior. I would spend the rest of your time reading and practising whats on the Spinning Babies site to help with an easier birth in case position is delaying the birth. spinningbabies.com - Home

It's worth it Walks are very good too, as well as stairs. Move your pelvis to move the baby. Good luck!
    Kelly xx

One day at a time! Well done for keeping sane.

You should be very proud of yourself for giving yourself the time to see if things will progress. A lot of ladies would have given up by now, it's not the easies thing to do.

Labour vibes!!

Hope you're doing well today KL and that your massage & acupuncture has helped things along some. I hope you are able to get things moving before too long, and that you get the birth you want. Above all, I hope you find peace with it all - stressing out is so not fun and I really felt for you when I read your first post
    Hang in there! Your baby will be here soon - hurrah!