Thread: sick of DRs

frazaled1971 Guest

Default sick of DRs

well were to start i am almost 32 weeks with bub number 6 and the DRs seem to be trying to find problems,a bit of history i have given birth vaginally 5 times with no complications what so ever however 4 were induced 2 due to being over due and 2 as my waters broke and then nothing only 1 decided to make a grand entrance on her own my labours were ds 4hours 6lb 15oz,dd 3.5 hours 7lb 8oz,dd 1.5 hours 7lb 3oz ,dd 28 mins the only to go on her own 9lb 1oz,dd 50 mins 9lb 11oz,all fairly easy birth (still hurt like hell) and had a pph after number 4 but didnt need transfusion,this time around i know im a little older 36 and it has been 7 years since the last one and yes i am a very over weight girl but was for all the others as well im about 3 kg heavier then last bub ,so far i have been told that my utrus is old and over stretched so ill be lucky if this one makes it till full term and that as im a big girl i must have GD test say i dont and never had it with the others they sent me for an anastic assecment(sorry for spelling)the doctor laughed and asked why they would be worring abot a c\s as this is highly unliklly but not to worry if the need happend he would try not to put me to sleep becase as a big girl there are some extra risks but if he had to i would be fine now they think the baby is to big have to have us on friday to check and we all know they arnt very reliale,
    i just feel like everytime i get over one complication that they are syre is going to happen they look for a new one ,never before have i had this much fuss made at my last appointment while seeing the midwife a doctor walked passed the door and said thats the biggest one we have had here dose she no she has a wieght problem well i just burst into teasr and he came in telling me i was putting my baby at risk once he read my file he backed off thata bit but rang to arrange the us told them i had high bp it was 100\70 and that i did have gd,i am so frustrated im having a baby im not a freak show if its not my weight its that im number 6 witch they all freak out about everytime i go there,sorry i think i just needed to get this off my chest everyone keeps telling change hospitals well we live in newcastle and jhh is the only hospital that will take me so i have no choices other then staying home to have him wich i must say i would love to do but as i will probably go over it will be another induction i can feel it.

No wonder your franzeled. I know Dr are always surprised when my BP is normal and my labours are also quick. Keep your chin up only 8 weeks to go!

a high BP of 100/70- your doctor is joking right? I think with us bigger ladies they just try to look for problems- like they try to make it more high risk then it actually is.
    You obviously know your body well enough in pregnancy to know you'll be fine...so just have faith in yourself. Find a pic of the doctor/s in question and have a nice relaxing game of darts with the picture as the board.
    If it wasnt number 6 they would be finding another excuse. And I know exactly what you mean about JHH and the doctor/hospital issue. kinda makes me glad I'm going private.....

You poor thing. It's awful when docs make you feel like you've got a disease just cos you're pregnant! I wouldn't let it stress you hon, just keep in mind this is their problems not yours. You know everything's ok.

With the GD though they might want to induce you early, so do some reading up about it so you can go in with your own educated point of view to discuss with them. have they talked about putting you on insulin, or are you trying to control it with diet first? I had it with my 1st preg (testing for this one in 2 weeks...) and was able to control it with diet but you will probably have to test your blood with a finger ***** after each meal.

All the best, and remember, the best way to deal with docs is to have done lots of your own reading so you don't have to just go along with what they tell you.

frazaled1971 Guest

well went for u/s today and sure enough bub is on the big side but even worse is that he is breach with his bum almost fully engaged (i think thats what she said) and he has been that way for awhile as his head is miss shaped so one more fight im going to have as i do not want a c/s but hay with 8 weeks to go he might turn and it looks like i dont have gd as they told me if i did they would ring and they didnt.thanks for all the positive support

Ellibam Guest

frazled you could have him at home! you dont have to be induced bubs will eventually come when its ready! and you can give birth vaginally to a breech baby to!
    but by the sounds of it your doctors want a fight! just remember its your body(no matter what size you are) its your baby your birth! you have every right to tell them to push off!
    another suggestion dont go back to any appointments then when you go in to labour just rock up at you hospital(they cant knock you back if your in labour) dont let them do any internals or any stomach palps(where they feel your tum for bubs position)
    Roar like a woman that is giving birth on her instincts not on the doctors orders!

good luck love it worth putting up the fight

frazaled1971 Guest

thankyou thats exsactly what i want i was hopeing i would go into spontaniuos labour at home and would be able to have him either at hame or get to the hospital at the last second so they couldnt interfer to much now i have to do some more reading to see if its safe and if ill have the nerve to try and do it on my own ,my concern is that i keep being told that they wont let me have a vaginal birth and im not sure how they can stop me if i refuse to have a c/s as i know i could deliver him breach i honestly believe that my body is more then capable just not sure how they plan on stopping me i was told they would try to get my hubby to sighn for the c/s not sure how that works because as far as im concernd unless they are cutting him open to get bub out it sould be my choice no one elses so yeah i am confused but i have my prenatal visit tomorrow so i guess they may answer some more of my questions then if not i may just take your advise and not go to anymore as the are stressing me out big time .

Yes it is your decision and they cannot force you to have a c/s. To get your husband to sign for a c/s they would have to be declaring that you are not mentally sound enough to be making medical decisions for yourself, and I don't see how they could possible claim that!

If your bub doesn't turn and remains breach, yes you can still give birth naturally, but possibly better not to try it alone, as there is a big risk of prolapsed cord as the head isn't there to stop the cord coming out. There are things you can do to try and encourage the baby to turn - check out the spinningbabies website.