Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potatoe salad receipe

Default Potatoe salad receipe

Hello
    I have to make a potatoe salad for tomorrow, anyone got any great receipes?

I make a simple one with cooked cubes of potato mixed with small pieces of crispy fried bacon, some dill, chopped onion and a dressing of sour cream mixed with mayo (usually about 1/4 cup of each)

And don't over cook your tatters... you want them just cooked, otherwise your salad will go mushy
    I put a bit of boiled egg in mine too

Tanya

go to the kraft website yummy yummy salad recipes galore

I make my potato salad dressing with a half/half mixture of sour cream and whole egg mayonaise. I usually add a little bit of fried bacon and chopped shallots too, just for colour.

I do a 'German' type one as follows:

Boil approx 8 waxy potatoes (don't overcook), cool then cut into slices or quarters.
    Hard boil approx 3 - 4 eggs. Slice/chop up
    Chop approx 4-5 spring onions
    Mayonaise to your desire (I use whole egg mayo)
    Salt and pepper to taste

Mix altogether adding enough mayo to 'coat' ingredients.
    You can refrigerate before serving and this can keep for a couple of days.

To tender potatoes I add half potato salad dressing (kraft or praise) and half mayonnaise. Mix it together, yummo! Sometimes I add crispy bacon and onion, depends on my mood. It is so easy but so yummy.

*TamaraP* Guest

I got this from a good friend and now its all I use.

Just undercook your potatoes. Chuck in fridge until chilled ie. not warm at all.
    Then depending on how much potato you have cooked add some Miracle Whip. Its in the same section as Mayo, but so far I have only been able to buy it from Coles.
    Its a tad more expensive but has a nice flavour.

I also add some mint, not the liquid, but the mint you buy loosly in the herbs section of your supermarket.

Then I also add 3 chopped eggs (boiled of course) and also depending on the size of your salad you may not want three.

Can be eaten on the day as the flavour doesn't take long but really nice the second day as it becomes really cluggy.

* you can also add a few sprigs on chopped spring onion for extra flavour *

Default Potato Salad

I got some chat potatoes today and I want to make a potato salad, can anyone give me a recipe as well as the dressing (recipe and quanities if possible). Thanks.

hugs xoxo

hey amanda3

i dont have exact quantities...but

microwave tatoes until cooked though and give them a shake in the container to fluff them up...then add lots of fresh herbs of choice, glove garlic, some chopped up spinach and rocket...add wholeseed mustard to taste (bout 1-2t) and some sour creme, rock salt and pepper...yummo

or microwave until par cooked...again shake to fluff, than drizzle generously with olive oil, rock salt and pepper and put in pre heat oven (180) until golden and crispy...place in a bowl and mix in lots of fresh herbs and greens and some more good quality olive oil and some fresh grated romano or parmesan cheese

yogababy

This is the yummiest potato salad I have had that I got the recipe from a friend.

Ingredients:
    Potatoes
    1 250ml thickened Cream
    1/2 teaspoon garlic paste (or 1 clove crushed)
    1 teaspoon mustard seeds
    1 pkt French onion soup
    bacon chopped into bits
    Onion diced

Par-boil potatoes and at the same time cook onion till translucent with bacon. In a separate saucepan put cream,garlic,mustard seeds and French onion soup, mix well. Stir while runny, then when it starts to go a little browner and thicken up turn off. Mix with potatoes and onion and bacon mix.
    You can put into the oven for about 20mins on 180 to really intensify flavours.
    Or serve as is.

A real yummy warm potato salad. guess you could put greens in too if you want when cold.

A quick easy thing I love to do & hate to admitt it but got the idea from my MIL, LOL. Is simply microwave them, cut into rough chunks then in a cup mix mayonaise & honey seeded mustart & toss over whilst still warm. Very quick, easy & yummy. Geat if having a BBQ and dont have a lot of time or don't want to go out & buy all the ingredients.

roast pumpkin salad...

as much pumpkin as you like...chopped into generous mouthfuls, olive oil, rock salt, clove garlic still in its skin and pepper and put in preheat oven (180) until cooked

place in bowl with spinach and rocket (lots of) roasted pine nuts, unshell the garlic and chop up, plus some extra olive oil. Spice it up with some crispy pancetta or bacon, blue cheese of another strong flavored cheese of choice

xx

Thanks ladies these are great, keep them coming.

hugs xoxo

sorry i don't have quantities either but this is a greek version of a potato salad!

potatoes
    boiled eggs
    spring onions
    olives
    feta cheese
    olive oil
    oregano
    lemon
    salt/pepper

boil potatoes until tender, add the chopped up the boiled egg, chopped spring onion, olives, crumbled feta, drizzle olive oil, lemon/oregano/salt/pepper to taste! yummo!! beautiful cold too in summer, i remember having it as a kid! also serve with crusty bread!!! hmmmmmmm might make this soon!

Cook the pots until just tender and chop roughly (maybe into halves if they are small). Finley slice up a couple of sticks of celery. Chop and cook 2-3 rashers of bacon. Mix the celery and the bacon into the pots. For the dressing mix together a good quality whole egg mayo with dijon mustard (depending on how much pot you have about 1/4 cup mayo and 2 tsp dijon) mix into the pots/celery and bacon. Mmmm!!!

My familys 'hand me down' awesome potato salad!!! Friends ask me to make this potato salad all the time because of this recipe

*5 potatoes par boiled

*1 carrot par boiled

*while still hot put in finely chopped raw brown onion (amount is to personal taste)

*boil three eggs and chop up two only, stir into potatoes once cooled(last one is sliced and put on top of salad)

*Key ingredient..........pickled cucumber - chop up and add to salad (amount is to personal taste, I like lots!)

*After it has cooled stir in Soya mayonnaise (this mayo is usually found in the health food section of your supermarket, blue and white label, I think. Yummy and creamy!!!!)

Put last egg on top with some mixed herbs sprinkled on top

I also like to add peas and corn sometimes, especially if it is for a barbie

Amelia Guest

Ohhhh my mum does the best one......

Sorry no quantities though....

Par boiled potatoes
    Ceasar Salad Dressing
    Mayo
    Bacon - Fried to crisp
    Red onion/Shallots
    Eggs
    And peas if you like them!!

Ohhhhh it is the best!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast