Nutella & cinnamon and banana
    that sounds sooo yummy!!

for me-

apricot or plum jam and cheese
    mighty mite and cheese
    cucumber relish and cheese
    peanut butter and honey

Pietta Guest

I love vegemite honey and cheese. It tastes good on HOT toast so the cheese melts just a smidge.

Cool... I am glad you ladies have it aswell, will have to show this to DP so he doesn't think I am bent lol

Lucy you are like me darl! I love marmalade but the toast has to be cold, and I have to put the butter on the toast when its cold too! Coz at my granny's she'd always make heaps of toast so by the time the last ones were cold I'd save them for marmalade. Yum!

For me hmmm Cream Cheese & Honey, honey first so it soaks in the toast then cream cheese (wors well on english muffins too).

Cinnamon is great too, marc always does the grill thing. He loves Sardines in tomato sauce on toast under the grill too.

I love asparagus & philli cheese, salt & pepper under the grill (tinned asp.)

Tinned Tuna (flavoured) & Cheese under the grill...

Can't think of anything else right now...Will think...

*hugs*
    Cailin

OMG grilled toast fingers with banana, bacon and cheese. DIVINE! *L*

Mmmm mashed banana on toast is one of my favourites.

I also like:

- sliced apple
    - strawberry jam and whipped cream
    - and vegemite of course!

I would have to say Pate on toast.

mmmm cinnamon toast....... I was just thinking about it yesterday and wondering if anyone else eats it..... what a funny coincidence.

Lucy you are like me darl! I love marmalade but the toast has to be cold, and I have to put the butter on the toast when its cold too! Coz at my granny's she'd always make heaps of toast so by the time the last ones were cold I'd save them for marmalade. Yum!
    That is so spooky.........that is the exact same reason I love it........becasue my granny always made the toast really early for all 7 of us and put it in a big toastrack, and by the time we ate it it was cold and a little bit soggy.............love it love it love it!! (I fact, I am off to have some now!)

Default Pizza and Club Sandwiches in a Jel-Ring

You all know what a jel-ring is right? One of those containers that you or your mum may have got and it sits in the back of the cupboard gathering dust? Well, no more! Here are a couple of ideas to get it out again!

Pizza

You'll need:

grated cheese, loaf of bread with crusts removed and tomato paste spread on it, slection of pizza toppings (eg ham, bacon, onion, salami, pineapple, mushrooms, capsicum, etc)

What you do is:

Place cheese in bottom of jel-ring. Then layer the bread, slightly overlapping. Then put your pizza toppings in, don't be afraid to squish it in! Place another bread layer, then the pizza toppings, then the bread, you get the idea up until the top. Place the seal on and freeze for 10 mins to set it. Turn out onto a pizza tray with baking paper and cook 200 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and brown.

Slice, serve and enjoy!

Club Sandwiches

You need: load of bread spread with butter or cream cheese. Sandwich type fillings, like ham, cheese, tomato, avocado, egg, lettuce, carrot.

Layer:

Bread first, butter or cream cheese with parsley put on top, layed down. The your choice of ingredients, then a layer or bread, sandwich ingredients. Place in fridge to set for approx 20 minutes. Turn out, cut and serve.

mooshie Guest

thanks janelle

i was given a few similar recepies for the jel ring years ago, but lost them.

thanks to your recepies i have got something else for the grownups to eat at lani's first birthday extravangza - yup extravaganza, final list done today 65 adults and 48 kids 8-[

any other great simple easier foods would be welcome - we have gone from doing a spit to just having finger foods and a few frozen sarah lee (from the factory) lasagna's.

mooshie Guest

Default Help - i need ideas tonight for lunch tommorrow

hi i need help lol as usual i have left it to the last minute

having some friends over for lunch tommorrow and i have no idea what to make, something relatively easy and fool proof and yummy to heat on a cold winters day.

i was going to go and get a frozen quiche or something but i think something a bit different would be good, not a meal as such just a light lunch which we can help ourselves to (as we will all be busy chasing the rug rats)

tia

Melinda Guest

What about a nice hearty soup with some crusty bread. You could do a homemade pumpkin soup or something like that. Just zap a bit of pumpkin, some sweet potato and blend it up, add a bit of stock (chicken or beef stock for a bit of extra flavour), some evaporated milk (or some cream if you want to be naughty LOL) and a bit of salt & pepper to taste and give it a heat on the stove to finish it off. OMG, I'm feeling hungry thinking about it LOL.

Melinda Guest

Oh whoops, sorry, I just read "help yourself to" so soup might not be that much of a good idea.

What about some little mini pizzas. You could wizz them up on english muffins. Chuck a bit of tomato paste on, some capscium, mushrooms, pineapple, cheese, bacon, onion etc........whatever takes your fancy. Other than that, chuck some sausage rolls in the oven PMSL. heheheheee

mooshie Guest

Default sandwich fillings for grownups

hi everyone

well not long to go now before lani's first birthday extravangza lmao it is on 11th september and we have 60 adults and around 40 kiddies omg where will we fit everyone anyway i need some yummy suggestions. i am doing mainly finger food and i also want to do a few sandwich platters and i need ideas on fillings, so far i have:-

salmon and cream cheese
    curried egg and lettuce
    chicken and avocardo
    ham and tomato
    tuna, mayonaise and lettuce

what other yummy fillings - also am thinking i may even do a platter of club sandwiches, anyone done these if so what combinations go well together.

thank you

Ham, lettuce and wholegrain mustard
    rare roast beef, grated carrot and tomato
    tuna and cucumber

Melinda Guest

~ diced roast chicken with whole egg mayonnaise and spring onion/chives (you can even add a few pine nuts into that as well if you like for another variation). I normally mix the ingredients up together and use it like a spread.

~ sliced roast turkey breast with brie slices and semi-dried tomato.

~ Mashed hard-boiled egg, grated carrot and grated onion (just a wee bit for flavour) with a bit of cream (mix it all up and it makes a really nice combination).

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast