Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking and Craftwork General Chatter

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

WOW!!! I am a 'Scrappin Addict' myself and one thing I love to talk about is Scrapbooking. So glad I stumbled upon this. I haven't had much time to read all of your posts and will definately make the time over the coming days....

Ambah - what beautiful pages =D> , I love to look at other peoples work. Everybody has their own ideas and imagination and you can draw out some new ideas just from looking at others work.

Take Care, I will definately be back...

mooshie Guest

hi girls

just thought i let you know my achievement last night.

went to a workshop at my girlfriends house (she is a creative memories consultant) and wait for this i did 4 pages woo hoo they all came together fantastically just how i pictured them. i then got home at 2am and couldn't sleep cause i was bouncing ideas round all night lol.

sure beats previous workshops when i chat all night and am lucky to get 1 page done.

oh and i kept my order down under $100

Debbie Lee Guest

Good job Michelle!

Well I have finally got my scrapbooking stuff out, and filled up the dining table with bit, I completed 2 double page spread this arvo whilst Rianna was having a sleep., have decided to do something other than sit around and wait for this baby to come!!!
    Oh and am very excited the scrapbooking shop I go to allll the time, now has an online shop, so can browse without the kids driving me nuts!!! very rapt!!!

God, I don't know about you guys but how hard is it to get some scrapbooking done with little ones around....I usually have to do it once Samuel has gone to bed, but sometimes during the day I'll get an idea and just have to go and work on it straight away....he wants to sit on my lap or pull down everything off of the table or just be a fair little terror until I just give in and leave and shut the craft room door behind me and he has my full attention. Before Samuel was born I would scrapbook for hours on end on my days off from work. Of course when you have children you have less time for yourself, but I have fallen so far behind with my albums I just don't know when or if I will be able to catch up.

So have any of you looked back on previous work and decided that you don't like it and redo it??? My son is 20 months old now and I decided to redo his 1st birthday pages OMG, what am I doing!!!!!

Hope everyone is well, Take Care....

IKWYM - I am getting no scrapbooking done atm. I am excited though, the mums from my mums group as also wanting to get started so we are going to have scrapping sessions as well (at night with bubs at home with dads )

Dee - I got this months Scrapbooking Memories which has some helpful tips on how to get started - it also has a free My Reflections Magazine, and some free boys paper - yay.

The Craft Show is coming to Melbourne, anyone been to this and is it any good?

Vanita - wtg on getting those pages done

You too mooshie!

Julz, just read your post, just wondering about the 'online layout sharing sites', would love some info...

thanks

hi,
    sorry I haven't responded to replies, I got my chicken pox immunisation and it is knocking me around. The doctor says it's possible to get this reaction (muscle pain, headache, exhaustion, fever) so all I can say is "yey, it's working".

I'll post some links for the online layout sites, when I'm better. sorry.
    Debbie, I'll PM you the consultant's details for Geelong...the lady who responded has decided to de-register as a consultant, but I found someone else, who happens to be one of the best Scrapbookers in the business...we all use her ideas!

Julz, going back to bed.

Well DH has been a gem, and as Im big fat and irritable, with waiting for bubs to arrive, he's letting me chill out by distracting myself with my pages, so consequently have done not much else for a few days, and have completed about 30 pages! Only got about 300 to go!!!Woo Hoo

Sorry to hear you are not well julz, I would love the online info too, when you are up and running again!!

Hi all,

Julz sorry to hear that you are unwell, take your time with the online layout websites, I don't have much time on my hands in the next couple of days to have a good look anyway, so when your ready that would be great..

Ambah, would love to see more of your work!!!

Take Care....HAPPY SCRAPPIN' TO EVERYONE \/

I'm bidding on a huuuuge lot on e-bay at the moment, papers, embellishments etc, so it's a great place to find things really cheap.

Sarah, quite often you'll find a seller on ebay selling heaps of Making Memories stuff. Their stuff is great, really nice but alittle more expensve then most. I find that if there is something that I want to bid on and I'm not too sure on what it's worth I'll have a look at an online scrap shop and check out their prices to make sure that I don't over bid.

I have quite a few online scrap places to look at girls. If you want some addys send me a msg.

Take care
    Trish

Ok scrappers, can you tell me what you use to store your 12 x 12 paper and cardstock in? I haven't had a proper look anywhere yet, just wondered what you guys use.

Good question Nell, I need some ideas too!

mooshie Guest

hi nell

i brought a special folder thingy from a scrapbooking shop it holds everything from stickers to papers from memory i think it was around $40 but a friend brought one from lincraft almost idential for around $20 so it goes to show you need to be aware of your prices.

i bought some folder things to store in my scrap bits of paper (i don't throw anything away lol - you never know when you are searching high and low for a little bit of paper) i got it from spotlight and was only a couple of dollars (it says it is acid free etc) just check out spotlight and lincraft they have heaps to store all your scrapping stuff in.

hth

I've got a few hard plastic folders that I got from my local scrap shop. You can pick them up around $12 or so. They are perfect for you 12 inch papers and cardstock. I have my papers in one and cardstock in another. Also a normal A4 folder with page protector slips are great for storing your stickers and yes your paper scraps. I have just noticed the other day that our local Kmart has a much bigger range of scrapping papers. And there only around $3.80 for a pack so great value.

Take care
    Trish

I have a few plasitic boxes from scrapbooking shops for around $12 that I keep my papers in, and I have a portafile ( 12 x12) from big w that I keep my cardstock in. I store my stickers in a set of plastic drawers from golo or somewhere like that, and I have a trolley on wheels ( like you get from Auto barn) that I got from the reject shop for $20 that I travel to workshops etc with ( so i dont have to carry them)
    I have pencil cases for my sticky stuff ( photo tabs, glue pens etc) and another one for all my writing pens, I have a big plastic tub with a lid that I keep all my "spare" stuff in, and that about it for storage ( I need a scrappin room LOL)

Thanks so much Mooshie, Trish and Vanita.

Vanita - does sound like you need a room! Have you see some of the rooms in the mags? They are amazing!

:-k Now I am wondering why I didn't think of a scrapping room when we built our house? #-o Missed out!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast