Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking and Craftwork General Chatter

mooshie Guest

nell

lol on a room for scrapping. i too wish that we built a study when building our new home (nearly 4yrs ago and i only started scrapping 2yrs ago) my theory was i didn't want kids hiding away in the study on a computer or anything and me not seeing what they were doing (we have a big rumpus room come play room with the computer and everything. i used to do alot of scrapbooking when lani didn't move lol i would spread myself all over the floor in the playroom and ds would sit with me and scrap and lani would just watch now she would just try and eat everything so back up to the table for me (not so much room)

My mum has a room , sooo jealous. She is in a financial postion to help a poor struggling me, so she tells me to come and shop at "her" scrappin shop!!! So I am always there looking for the "right" stickers etc. Its great to have something in common as we get together and have our own "mini" workshops!!!

I wish I had a room, but that means I need a 5 bedroom house, with 2 studies, and as of yet have not won tattslotto!!!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

I have recently signed up for ebay and I am already bidding for a few bits and pieces for scrapbooking...it's great, heaps of good stuff.

I just got a present for Zander from one of the ladies at work - a new scrapbook, YAAAAAY!! It's really cute, blue fabric cover with an embroidered outline of a little boy & it has embroidered "Wonder Boy" underneath. Now I have 2 albums for him

Finally got some photos printed of him too (about time!) so I'm all ready to go!

YAAAAAY!!! That's great Sarah, now you have no excuse to not get started, and once you have (hopefully) won the embellishments from ebay you will be on your way to creating a beautiful album.... =D>

Hi to everyone else, hope everyone is well and scrappin' scrappin' scrappin'......Enjoy

Take Care

Yay - with Shane being at home at the mo, I have been able to book into a class at the local shop on wednesday. I showed them the pages I have done - and I got a couple of slaps on the wrist for using tape on the photos (big deal.....) but they were happy with them. So its a beginners class all to myself ($20 for 2 hours) and I get to chose what I want to do! They are going to show me some tools I think cause I'm pretty good with colours nd basic stuff. I'm just finishing pages 3 and 4 in my album for Jenna, mind you, I just got another 140 photos printed, so we have plenty to work with!!

Fiona

WAHHH!!!! I'm a bit upset... due to unforseen circumstances, our income is about to go down quite a bit. This means absolutely no money for any extras... which means once I run out of my current supplies I will have to stop! It also sucks cause I wont have the creative freedom to go and buy what I need, and will just have to make do with what I have.
    I think for Christmas I will be asking my family to donate towards a 'scrapping fund' for me, rofl!!

Sarah - your new album sounds gorgeous!

Bumma Ambah! We are the same, no money for scrapping, hence the switch to digi-scrapping for the moment! As for Christmas, I'm doing the same thing, but asking for gift vouchers to any of our 3 scrap shops.

Im always getting vouchers as people dont know what to buy for me, I have a $50 one waiting to be used ( decided to keep it til bubs born)

VOUCHERS...that's a great idea, I never thought of that. I might just have to mention that to friends and family as my birthday is fast approaching. And we all know how expensive the scrapbooking hobby can be...

Actually, a friend of mine who is a beginner scrapbooker, recently had a baby and so I filled a box with the usually baby girl gifts and added some rolls of different shades and patterns of pink paper, embellishments and stickers...she absolutely :hbeat:'d it and thought that I should market the idea as just about every second person is scrapbooking now and it was a great gift idea....that's a thought I guess, perhaps something that I should look into...

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the weekend that is just about over UNFORTUNATELY.

Take care and Happy Scrappin'...

My family went through a time when they would buy me scrappin vouchers too. Hmm must shake them back into it. Although I don't get hardly any time to scrap atm. i think I have only finished one page since Tehya was born, started many, just not finished

I miss going to my Thursday night classes, it was my little bit of me time and I usually came home with atleast one page finished. I just can't see taking Tehya out to a class that doesn't get us home til after 9.30pm, if she got sick again I wouldn't forgive myself. I think I'd feel selfish if I did that. Roll on warmer weather (or Tehya taking a bottle occassionally)

Take care
    Trish

Vouchers are a great idea! Roll on Christmas time!

Hello again, everyone.
    Scrapping vouchers are the best presents!
    Here are some sites I have used for researching layouts....

Creative Memories
    Collected Memories
    Members tripod
    Dmarie

Good luck, and I'll start putting up some more of my layouts when I have lots of energy back. *nasty flu thing got me the day after my chicken pox injection...so the immunisation isn't as nasty as I thought!*
    Silky

As a baby present my girlfriend does a small album with all the borders and papers and stickers and stuff, just leaving a gap for a normal size photo to go in, so the new mum just has to spend 1/2hr sticking photos in, then has a completed baby album. I htink its a great idea, but havent actually done it myself!!

Okay girls some advice please

You've got me interested in scrap booking now but I have some questions so please help me if you can!!

1. Where do I start? Magazines? Maybe buy a kit off ebay? What are your suggestions for a compete novice who has no artistic talent at all......I mean I can make a stick figure drawing look bad!! So please point me in a general direction so as I don't waste money!

2. I have no children....or any on the way at the moment......but there are two bubs due in the family in the next couple of months plus my DP and I have just bought our 1st home...what i'm getting at is what sort of things would I do? Do partner ones look good, homes? Can you do gifts etc...Please forgive me for dumb questions but I have no idea what its all about but would really love a hobby that I can do for me!

Any advice will be much appreciated girls so fill me in as much as you can....I look forward to your answers!!

Cheers Jess

Oooh Vanita, that's a great idea

Jess, if you check out e-bay there are some people who sell page kits which have everything you need, you just have to add the photo & put all the bits & pieces where you want them. It's a good way to start out I think. I find the scrapbooking magazines to be a bit expensive & only bought one cos I have the gift voucher for it.

You can scrap anything - holidays, parties, New Years Eve, weddings, picnics, pets, anything you take photos of really. I'm doing a scrapbook of Zander for his grandmother (MIL) for her birthday and my mum has hinted that she'd like one as well. You can also use the techniques to make cards or invitations and that sort of thing. That might be a good way to start as well.

My other recommendation would be to search the net, even just to see other pages people have done so you can steal their ideas :-$

Jess, as Sarah said you can scrap about anything in the world. Whjy not think about doing an album about "YOU" generally the scrapper themselves is forgotton about. Usually we are the ones behind the camera and there aren't really lot of pics with us in it. You can even scrap without a picture. Just lots of words about things.

Maybe an age page like 20 things about me at 20.
    an initial page J for instance.

My Reflections is a great scrap mag, it has step by step instructions and it retails for around $8.95, usually you can get them with a bonus back issue with it. If you buy one mag this is the best for beginners. There are a few out there though. As Sarah also said browse on the internet for ideas.

Sarah, we don't call it stealing, we call it "Scraplifting"

Take care
    Trish

I like that Trish! I'm a scraplifter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast