Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking and Craftwork General Chatter

Yaaay I just won a big lot on eBay

Forgot to tell you guys - Aaron paid off our credit card with our tax returns, but he left me $200 for scrapbooking stuff. I've got a couple of things of eBay & I'm on a mission today to get these really funky punch sets from Big W today. Then I think that wipes out the $200 but well worth it

That was nice of Aaron to do that for you Sarah! SO glad you got what you wanted.

I surprised myself last night by getting out the cutters and I cropped the pics which took no time, so I grabbed the pages out, laid everything and before I knew it I had a double spread finished. So I moved onto the next double page but you won't believe it....I ran out of doublesided tape. Man was i annoyed, it was 10.45pm and I wasn't going to Mum's to gwt it so I had to pack up. Damn I almost got 4 pages done!

Got the tape and am planning on some scrapping tonight but I am starting to feel flu like symptoms, which is not good, cos I am the only healthy one here atm. Jordan and Josh came down with it today, and Arron is of course dying from his! AAARGH! I better not be sick when I am about to leave for QLD!

Scrap away girls
    Michelle

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - woo hoo for Aaron!! What a good boy leaving you some $$ to shop for scrapping stuff. Sounds like you got a bargain on ebay!! Good job.

Michelle - woo hoo for getting so much done but what a bugga that you ran out of tape!!! Hope you don't get too sick...

I bought some more stuff from kmart today. I am building up quite a store of stuff. My problem is that I haven't really got anything visualised in my head. I know that I want to do a couple of pages for my baby shower and a Mummy and Daddy page but I haven't quite got a picture of how I want the layout. I am someone that is more likely to just throw things onto a page and stick it down. A messy, unplanned scrapper, LOL.

I just have to get some more photos processed before I can do more pages. Come on tax cheque!!!

Hey Deb, the latest Innovations magazine has a template thingy to give you ideas on where to put things & I'm thinking of buying one.

BTW in all the baby stuff I've bought I've ended up with some girl things - got some eyelets yesterday & they came in a pack of pink & blue. Sooo I'm putting all the girl stuff together & am going to sell it on ebay. I'll let you guys know when I post it in the Buy Swap Sell section.

LOL Deb at being an unplanned scrapper, I am pretty much the same.

I am feeling good still, not come down sick yet! FIngers crossed I won't either.

Got the tape yesterday but was too tired last night, and same tonight, which is a bummer cos I was so motivated, Oh well! Not much I can do about that, gotta come on bb!
    Cheers Michelle

mooshie Guest

me to i am an unplanned scrapper lol

don't you hate that michelle when you run out of something in the middle of being so inspired, i do it all the time then i find that i can't be bothered for another week or so.

was only thinking before i better get a wriggle on and finish jay's album and at least try and get the photos of lani done, not to mention trying to tackle jessie's album, i have been putting that one off as it will be to hard.

seeing as we are ttc i think i better get at least a little up to date or i will find myself drowning in even more photos.

maybe i will sit down over the weekend, and am going to another workshop in a couple of weeks, the plan is to have jay's album finished by then.

Sarah- I have a simialr template you can basically get 8 diff layouts on mine cos they are different depending which way you lay it down. I used it for the first time the other day and I really liked it.

Michelle- it is all very well to keep taking pics, esp with the digi cam but....if I don't start doing something with them then they will be sitting around forever. Tha's why I was so rapt the other day that 1 did almost 4 pages in a night. I have seperated Jordan's bday pics, all 10 of them and also some special event pics, like the Kids day out we took her to. The baby show pics, her wearing Grandad's shoes, her first steps, and I know how many pages I need for them. I was actually starting to get bored just scrapping every pic I had of Jordan, so I skipped to Joshua's kinder yeaar which took 14 pages ( I included memorabilia). I am going to get into it big time once my QLd trip is done, I just need to get started and keep the roll going. If only Arron would finish Jemma's room then I would have my office and I could leave it all out.

Good luck with finishing Jay's album. I can totally understand putting off Jessi's album. Maybe when you get to it it will be a therapeutic thing to do, so it is prob best to keep it till you feel ready.

Cheers Michelle

Debbie Lee Guest

Thanks for the tip, Sarah... I may just have to go out and buy it

OK now what could be the best thing to offer a fanatical scrapper? Apart from free unlimited supplies that is.

A job at my local scrap shop!!!!!

The girls from my LSS called me on Tuesday and told me they had a propostion for me and that they wanted me to come in and see them. So on Wednesday in I went. The propostion was a job offer. Here I was thinking of all these other things, a job offer was the last thing on my mind. I have taught a few classes there and have helped put in the shop on various occassions but now I'm on the pay roll.

We have to work out the finer details like pay and hours but it's a start. Plus alittle extra cash in the hand will be great.

Take care
    Trish

Wow Trish that's so great!! You are a lucky thing! Well done!

Wow that is a dream Trish! Well done and have fun. Now how many jobs can you do that you actually have fun doing?

Cheers Michelle

Debbie Lee Guest

That's excellent, Trish!
    Maybe one day I will get my butt up to NSW and you can give me a lesson??!!??

So who is going to get soemthing done this weekend? Or is everyone being social? I won't get anything done as we are going out for lunch, which is something different for us.

have a good one.
    Michelle

Deb, lol @ giving you a class. I'd love to scap with you girl

Michelle, I started a page this morning. Hopefully I will get to finish it when I get off here.

Still not sure when I will be starting to work up there yet, but I'm sure that it will be soon.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Michelle: I won't be doing any more pages until I get some photos developed. I downloaded 360 of them from June-August. Once I get my tax cheque and can pay for them, I will get them developed.
    Atm I am hanging to do a "Daddy" and "Mummy" page for Gab. I have little VB thingys to stick on Neil's page from his wrapping paper and little blue car brads to use. I haven't had a go at using brads yet.
    I have also been collecting lots of bumble bee bits and pieces to do a double page spread. I think pixi photo have a bumble bee outfit so I want to get a picture of Gabby in it for the page. Not sure what colour to do the background. There will be enough yellow so I am thinking about sky-blue?? With little bees and flowers about the place. What do you think?

Hope you got your page done, Trish.

Deb the page sounds gorgeous, (the bees) I lol cos you haven't even got the pic taken yet but are already organising the page. I thought you said your were an unplanned scrapper?

Trish yay to finishing the page, do you leave your stuff oput, do you have a safe place away from little hands?

I just keep taking pics and thinking of layouts, and getting photos printed etc, and they just keep getting more and more pics, I am worried i may never get to the end. Or that by the time I get to the other kids stuff I will have forgotton what they were about LOL.

Michelle

I got 2 pages done yesterday \/ Granma's page is done & so is Blue's (Zander's best bud - his teddy bear). Im hoping to get some more done tomorrow.

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Michelle - maybe I am a little bit of a planner... still have no clue as to the layout tho! LOL @ forgetting what all those pictures are about. I can see how that would happen with 4 kids!

Sarah - yay for getting 2 pages done!! They sound great.

I have been trying to take photos of Gabby's bits.... LOL. Like her hands and her feet. Uno.. arty-farty type photos. As it turns out, I am not very good at it. I got a good picture of the dog tho!! LOL

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast