Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking and Craftwork General Chatter

Janelle...oh, I love the albums. I've been using all sorts of ones over the years, but now I use Creative Memories ones that are not top loading (I love them like that...no fear of pages falling out, and no dust settling on my work.) and the way you protect them is by a polypropylene (plastic) page protector that slides over the whole page. Safe for photo's and they snuggly fit over the page.
    For sizes, I use the 12x12 a lot, but personally I love the 7 x 7 inch albums....1 or 2 pics to a page and the smaller decorations just work for me. Plus I can finish an album in a month. I have so many "ongoing" 12x12 projects..my cousins wedding, Nina's school, Nina's birth, Book of me, DH's heritage.
    7x7's are also great for gifts.
    Julz

I use mainly 12x12 toploaders, coz then I can rearrange, and insert pages easier, ( especially in the kids albums) I too love the 7x7 for gifts, and the creative memories ones are very sturdy, but lack the versatility of the toploaders.

I now have 2 blue toploaders 12x12 for Zander. I am slowly collecting supplies before I start though.

Steal away Nell, when I saw it on eBay I thought it was a fantastic idea. It's a great kit with all the embellishments, paper & everything. I'll send you a link to it so you can see what it is...

Thanks so much ladies, I can't believe the choices of albums out there.

Sarah - received your link. OMG, great idea or what?! Thanks so much!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Good Afternoon all you scrapaholics (I think that's how you spell it) out there, I hope everyone is well and have been getting heaps of scrapbooking done over the cold and wet weekend.

I am tidying up my craft and scrapbooking room ATM, well not right now as I thought I would do a quick post to see how you are all getting on. Here's hoping I get it done so that after munchee man has gone to bed I can scrapbook to my hearts content tonight in a nice tidy room......

As you all know I have been bidding on ebay lately and have recently won some great scrapbooking stuff, I have items arriving daily ATM which is great.

Well better go and get back to it.

Take Care, Happy Scrappin'.....

Debbie Lee Guest

I am so excited. My littlest sister, Erin, bought me some much needed accessories to help me out with my scrapping. She was mortified when I told her that as soon as my collecting started, it had to stop because of lack of $$. I thought it was so lovely for her to buy these things for me. She showed me how to use the hole punch etc. to use the eyelets and has done some awesome pages in her own scrap book. We are hopefully all going to get together so that each of my sisters and my Mum can do a scrap page for Gabby's album.

YAY Deb thats great. Sounds like a plan to get together with your mum and sisters, it will be really nice for Gabby to have some special pages in her album done by other family members.

I sat down this afternoon and scrapped a page for Tehya. Only a quick and easy one as she wouldn't sleep and her screaming woke Noah up.
    Still the page got finished, that's all that matters.

Take care
    Trish

2kiddies Guest

Hi, can I join in?!

Well, after reading this thread, it has finally inspired me to START scrapping! DH bought me a scrapbook kit for beginners for Christmas, and a few packs of 'themes' with stickers, embellishments etc..and all year, I've been 'trying' to pluck up the courage to start, ALL YEAR..LOL...but found myself a bit SCARED and confused by it all! The magazine layouts are fantastic, but are also a bit scary for a little old beginner like me..I was thinking "There is NO way I could do that'!
    So, I've changed my way of thinking, and now think 'I have to crawl before I walk' so to speak. So, using the packs of stickers etc and the papers that were included..I have now done TWO pages already..yay! They are VERY basic, and I haven't finished yet..still have to journal the pages, and I'm not exactly quite sure how or what to do there yet....but I feel so motivated now and just want to keep going..I was up till midnight last night doing some 'research' on the net!!
    With the journalling, I'm a bit lost as to what to do it ON...do you just use cardstock, bits of paper etc..?? Don't laugh, please!!

Dan, congrats on finally starting. There's no turning back now. Oh theres no laughing allowed either, everyone has to start somewhere.

As for journalling you are only limited by your imagination. You can journal directly onto your page, on cardstock, vellum, transparency's, or even onto your pictures. How you journal is up to you too. You can use a pen or pencil, your computer, rub-ons, stamps, paints and other things of course.

Have fun and experiment.

Happy scrappin.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

I've done 2 more pages already! I have even had a play around with some eyelets. That's good fun!! I will have to get that board off you, Fi.

Trish - well done on getting a page done!! A fair effort with all you have to contend with.

Dan - yay on getting started!! It's not so hard. The good thing is, if you end up not liking what you have done, you can just do a different page! It's not set in stone iykwim??

Hi Girls,

I'm so excited tonight is my beginners class!! I'm going to take photos of my DP I'm in one of those totally in love phases at the moment.....just can't get enough of him (that's not meant to sound mean but you know how it is in long term r/ships lol!) Anyway will let you know how it all goes!! I'll need all the advice I get once I'm on my own I suppose.

Chat soon

2kiddies Guest

Thanks for the tips Trish, I've seen so many different ways in mags, that it makes my mind boggle a bit! I am going to sit down this weekend and finish them off, and see what I can come up with for journalling.

Debbie, it wasn't as hard getting started as I thought..now I want to do more and more..LOL!

Jess, good luck with your class, hope you enjoy it. I am thinking about going to a beginners class too to learn a bit more.

It's probably been discussed already, but what is the preferred choice or brand of you 'scrapping experts' of glues? I've been using just one that came with my scrapping kit, and it seems very lumpy, and doesn't seem to stick very well...so off to buy another one!

Deb - I'll give you the board when you come around tomorrow! we have to have a scarpping session soon. I've just finished 2 more pages, and I dont like them much. Grr - I journed onto the paper cause there wasn't much space, and I've stuffed it up. It looks messy now, and I'm very disappopinted!! Oh well, another page to do.
    Fi

Fi, don't you hate it when that happens. I was doing the title for a page yesterday on my puter anyway I had stuffed around with it a few times one plain paper, when I put the cardstock into the printer I wasn't paying too much attention (don't try printing and screaming at kids at the same time) and stuffed it up. Thankfully I had more of the cardstock and was able to use that and the one I printed on was reversable so I flipped it over and used it as my mat for the pic.

Is there anyway that you can maybe cover up your stuff up by putting a tag or something else over it? Maybe make a pocket on the page and put your journalling onto a tag and shove it the pocket?? Hope you girls have a great day when you scrap together. Wish I could join in

Take care
    Trish

Good morning girls. Just found this thread...

I am on three weeks holidays at the moment (currently halfway through second week) and am having a scrapping extravaganza for the rest of the week. I'm scrapbooking my entire wedding album, which is a huge job, because we had approx 400 professional photographs taken. I'm about 100 photos into the pile, and quickly running out of ideas. I'm hoping to finish the album by the time my golden anniversary comes around lol.

Trish - every time I try to use my printer for journaling, the ink bleeds onto the cardstock (worse on vellum, so I don't even try that anymore). Have you figured out any tricks for stopping that happening? Or maybe it's just my medieval printer!

Hope everyone's scrapping is going well...

Cherie, before you print go into your printer properties and change the paper type from normal to cardstock - might be under cards. And set your ink to the best setting you have on it. For vellum change your porperties to transparency, vellum takes a long time to dry and will smudge/bleed really easily. You might have to play around with it a few times. Either that or buy a new printer

Good luck in finishing off your wedding album. Maybe you coculd look at some online scrapping sites to get some ideas for your pages. It's hard to come up with new ideas all the time. I think they call that scrappers block

Take care
    Trish

Thanks so much Trish - it had never occurred to me to change the printer settings. I'll definitely give that a go.

Nope trish - can't cover it up.
    Oh well - its one of those things I guess, I know better for next time!
    Fi

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast