Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking and Craftwork General Chatter - Oct 05 ~ Jan 06

Pietta Guest

Oh i need to get foxtel back!!

I used to laugh at the scrapbooking shows..

*shakes her head*

Janie Guest

Ok I'm joining your little group. I have been scrapping for years (and yes Pee without kids!).

I haven't scrapped for ages but am now motivated to do a page or two this weekend. Might go shopping for a couple of new things to get me started and also need to get some digital photos printed. Better get cracking.

Happy scrapping girls!

Wow Sarah, sounds like you have a lot of stuff! I have a tray that has deviders in it for all the little things but thats about it. I have no idea where to put the 12x12 papers as they don't fit in the drawer.

The reason i havent been doing it lately though it 1 i dropped my digital camera in the pool, so we have a new one on layby(almost paid off!) and also some of the photos i do have are a bit blury or are too big and our scanner doesn't work, so i cant fix them on the computer

Ummmm I said the same thing - well I just did that on the computer 8-[

LOL!! I've done 3 - one with Zander's santa hat red, one with his sunnies which are red as well & one where only his eyes are coloured (I made them extra blue though).

They came out really well when I printed them, they are on Zander's site now, with the Digi Scrapping ones.

Aww thanks Shannon

Actually I am in the middle of doing a page about Gabby! I'm doing an album with all of Zander's friends so I decided on doing a girly page cos I am bored of blues/boyish stuff on all my pages! It's looking very cute, I didn't have any bumblebees but I have some butterflies instead. All I need to do is the journalling & I'll post it.

Pietta Guest

oh Sarah they are adorable!!
    I was at the new updated local scrapping shop here and asked a few ladies i was talking to when they started scraping and they all said- when we had kids- i was so suprised at how many people scrap whole albums!! I dont know if i could be creative enough for a whole album!!

Pee, you'd be amazed.........I thought the same thing, but once I got started, and once you start seeing how lovely they all look, I reckon it makes your MORE creative.......especially once you have some gorgeous paper that you don't want to "waste" so you start dreaming up all sorts of ideas to make the most of it!

By the way girls, does anyone use those packs of stuff that make an entire page? ie one pack with all coordinating papers, embellishments, borders etc? Are they good value? Or do you feel like you are "cheating" a bit?!

I get them alot, but tend to add other bits 'n' pieces to them. I like they they look all co-ordinated & the colours match perfectly.

Pee, good thing to do is scraplift.... Look at the magazine & try to copy what they've done. Go online & search through all the scrapping sites, save LOs that you like in your favourites & copy them.

I am having some trouble with glue. I find that if when i glue paper to paper you can see it from the other side and it goes into sort of like a bubble. Does anyone know how i stop this from happening?

Tegan, I use double sided tape.........

Thats for the suggestion Lucy. Where do you buy it from?

I use alot of doublesided tape & photo dots as well. Edited to say you can get them both from Big W.

What sort of glue are you using?

it just says acid free glue, looks like pva glue though, the white gluggy stuff.

Maybe try glue sticks then if you particularly want to use glue. I always have problems with runny type glues even if it's for stuff other than scrapping.

For people who buy their stuff online, are there any that don't need you to have a credit card but instead let you use internet banking? If you know any, could you please PM/email me?

I think most eBay stores allow you to use direct deposit, at least the ones I've used do

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast