Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking & Craftwork General Discussion #3

Debbie Lee Guest

That's the thing, hey Summer?? Finding the time!
    Now that Gabby is walking around and getting in to everything, I can only scrap when she's asleep or not around... I may have to buy a 6ft high table with a chair (and a ladder to get up there), LOL

no, it was a creative memories home class/party type thing.
    there are a couple of scrapbooking supplies places in werribee. One is closing down and lots or all stock is 50% off

Ahhh Rachael, CM is a great stepping stone to start scrapping. i think alot of us started out there, I know I did but very quickly moved on to "real" scrapping Not saying that CM isn't of course, just not for me..

Hey guys I havent posted in here yet cos i am super duper L-A-Z-Y!

I just bought my gf a beginners scrapbooking album which includes some paper thingys to start off with so hopefully she gets hooked and gives me some company in doing it

I still have to do my nephews christening, trip to bali and my bday.

I love doing it but it takes forever and i get bored with no one to talk to

yeah i reckon it's much better with friends Danni!!!

Trish - yep, thats what my relos have told me (basically the whole family are into it, I'm just a latecomer)
    What other stuff is there? I honestly have no idea!
    Are there magazines etc? Honestly, you'd think all the times I've been flipping through patchwork/quilting books I'd have noticed them on the shelves

Rachael, there are HEAPS of magazines available, Scrapbooking Memories, Scrapbook Creations are a couple of Australian mags. Not sure if My Reflections is still out, but if it is thats a great mag for beginners. There are also heaps of scrapbooking websites, just google scrapbooking and you'll truely be amazed. For some ideas have a look at their galleries.
    2 Peas in a Bucket is a great one. That has layouts, quotes, poems, titles plus ideas on how to use products.
    Scrap Jazz is another really good one.

Have fun and happy scrappin

Rachael - I do a bit of scrapping too and finding the time is difficult I agree. The all in one kits are a great place to start and the mags feature good websites to check out as well. My Reflections isn't in print any more, another good one is For Keeps. Which scrapbooking place in Werribee is closing? Sounds like I gotta do some shopping!

Scrapbooking!! Just about finished DS first year. OMG, it isnt a hobby for the perfectionists! The amount of pages that i have re done!!! And finding the time! It actually stresses me out!LOL because I cant stand to see ANYTHING unfinished!!!
    I do like doing it though, and gee theres some real tallented ladies out there.

Its near the werribee train station, the carpark behind behind Dimmys.
    I haven't actually been there, but my aunty told me last Sunday that its closing down and theres a big sale.
    She also thought scrapbook angels (not sure if thats the right spelling) was closing too, but apparently its staying open.

pmsl Ally you poor thing must take you ages......I will leave a page for another time if I get bored or don't like how it is going.

ATM I have some xmas [pages to do but have no xmas paper so that is a spanner in the works lol, and have no time to get some either lol Also running out of album pages.

Debbie Lee Guest

Anyone see that kmart is having 20% of scrapping stuff in the next catalogue?? Might be worth a look.
    Ooo I should stop in at the Werribee shop that's closing down tomorrow (working at my old school). Naah... got no money, LOL

Thanks Rachael - whenever I had popped in there, it wasn't that busy and TBH I could never find what I wanted... Scrapping Angels is going great guns from what I hear - I actually heard they were moving to bigger premises.

Oh that's good. yeah someone told me they were closing too, which I thought was a bit strange, but if they're moving then that makes sense!

Just popping in to go WOOOOOHOOOOOOO..........I am UP TO DATE WITH CHARLIE'S ALBUM!!!!!!

It was his 1st birthday yesterday, and I have JUST finished.......all I need to add is one more final "Birthday Party" page, but his little party is not till Sunday.......so I can't scrap an event that hasn't even happened yet!!

(I had to get my arse in gear on this one.......only a few months before B3 will need to have her album started, OMG, what have I let myself in for?!)

Here is my trick for when you feel overwhelemed with too many photos and too little time........

Whilst DH is bathing both of them at 7pm, I grab my pile of prints and pick 5 snaps, then grab my scrap box and slap it on the table, glaring at me. Then when I have finished settling Olivia and Charlie for the night, by about 8pm, I can just sit right down and get on with it..........one page every other night or so.........(DH gets the ****s a bit because I ignore him, but when he sees the end result he forgives me!)

see thats the problem Lucy, DH's say you are neglecting them, even when I used to do it in the lounge lol. But sounds like you have the system going on, thats great.

Tanya, have you tried looking at scrap shops online?? You might find a gorgeous one wihtout even having to leave home

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi girls,
    I too am a scrapbook addict. I started off with Creative Memories (didn't everyone) almost 4 years ago. I don't want to here about anyone up to date with their albums, as I will be very jealous. My DS is 2yrs 9mnths and I am only up to 20mnths with his album, my own album is only up to my DS's birth and my new arrival Phoebe's album, I am still doing the week she was born. I must admit I am a little over the top, I include so much in them as one day when my children are old enough they will be a gift to them. At this stage my son has an album for every year of his life (and they are full from cover to cover) at this rate he will have 21 albums as a gift for his 21st birthday LOL. I take so many pics that when it comes time to order them online I can't decided and just about order every single one.

Looking forward to getting to know my fellow BB scrapbookers.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast