Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking & Craftwork General Discussion #3

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Mummy4Life.... I doubt that anyone is ever truly up to date with their albums!

Tanya - I was going to say the same as Trish... perhaps there's some nice albums online?
    I got mine from Myer. It's pink and has 3 windows on the front with black and white photos of baby hands, feet and something else. It's really cute. Sarah has the same one but in blue for Zander. I can't count how many times people have asked if the pictures on the front are pictures of Gabby, LOL. Maybe I should lie and say they are?? Naaah....

We have sold the house so I can have my scrapping stuff out now! I got it out when I woke up this morning and have already done a double-page spread for Paige's album. I am determined to get a heap done. I want to finish Gabby's "1st Year". I still have to do her Christmas pages and a couple of earlier pages (photos from when she was 2 months old). Then I can get cracking on her first birthday - I've decided that I'll need to devote a whole album to it. If I don't fill it, I'll just put her 2nd birthday in there too.

I've also decided that I'll do just the first year and birthdays that are totally devoted to Gabby (and any other consequent children). I might do a school one for when they start but, otherwise, I'll just do whole family ones. That way I'm not biting off more than I can chew, LOL. As it is I have grand plans of doing an album of Neil and I BC - before children.

Deb, sounds like you have huge plans for your album, good luck in keeping up I am soooooo behind in mine. I can't ever see me catching up as such. Theres no reason why those pics on the front of the album can't be Gab, Just take some and replace, or do what I did for my gf (her bub has passed so no new pics) anyway she wanted to do a layout of her hands and feet so I went through the pics that she did have scanned them in and zoomed and cropped out her little bits like hands, feet, ears, eyes and mouth.

I have a very similar album for myself, it has 1 window on the front with a picture of a flower. Tehya's ablum cost me a fortune ($70)but it is gorgeous.

Deb- good luck witht the keeping up!

I am useless, just like Trish I don't ever think I will catch up. I started when the 3rd was born and then had the 4th and I am a psycho photo taker so I take pics all the time lol Way too many photos but I love them so much. Oh well I will just keep pluggng along. if only the house would clean itself I may have a chance of getting up to date lol

Debbie Lee Guest

Hehehehe... well, that's what you two get for going ahead and having 4 kids!!

you can laugh lol
    just make sure you catch up bf no2 comes along and I think you might do ok lol
    Now if I had started when Jordan was born I would not be where I am now, she was 8 and Josh was 3 and a half, you wouldn't believe how many pics I have

Debbie Lee Guest

I can only imagine, Michelle.
    My Mum still hasn't completed my youngest sister's photo album. I've got a big, fat album and, as you go through the sister's, each album gets skinnier and skinnier, LOL.

Hi Scrapbookers,

Tulip - That's an amazing effort to scrap all those pages with a newborn! You're a champ!

What about keeping the first one as is and just starting off the next one with Lucas's first year? It sounds fine just the way you've done it.

I'm a lapsed scrapbooker (a bit like being a lapsed Anglican which I am also). I just bought some materials yesterday to start the album for my beloved Pusster but I haven't finished my wedding album yet. Well, we have only been married for six years ... come on!

Cheers,

Mel

Tanya, I would end it there too, maybe have a last page letter or poem to Lucas...
    Great effort there too hun. Well done. I still haven't scrapped my pg or birth pics of Tehya.

well done Tanya, great work. If you feel it is unfnished I too would suggest a page which has a special message or poem, with a simgle pic, you know like the ones in the mags....(I always love those!!!) Would round it off nicely.
    You'll have to go back to Lincraft by yourself.

I went to the Melb quilt and craft fair. It was good, I am amazed at how clever some people are. Not many scrapbboking stalls but so may other things. I am going to biuy one of those hot wands to put jewels onto things, will be great for my embroidery projects, and also mum was looking att he new xyron cutter, $349 with 2 sets of designs, dsign sets were $60ea works well and she will be buying it later. Get a look at it if you can. We looked at 3 diff ones, the Xyron, Printblocks Criucut which is $550 with 1 set of designs, design sets are $160 ea, prints on a bigger sheet of paper but maybe more wastage there. And also the Robo cutter which is $890 and works from a computer porgram (there are more options for this one but very expensivefor what it is).
    Anyway best get josh to school
    see ya

yeah Tanya I think we all feel like we need more time, but I think somewhere along the lie our families will be so rapt with what we have done. And it is very hard once the kids are here to find the time. My 4 are always into something lol and makes it very hard to get stuff done

Well i have all these plans(i draw layouts and then do them) and photos, but no money do buy the stuff i need! lol. I can't do any scrapbooking for at least another 5 weeks, coz we need all the savings for our wedding. Really hope i can get some done of Bub before he is born so i can just stick the photos in. Lily's first album is full, which is from birth until her first birthday. Next one of hers i am just doing random stuff. Have some of the ideas and photos, just need to actually have time to do them. The great thing about my local scrapbook shop is that they have a class you can go to and it lasts from 6pm til 11pm, so 5 hours. Only costs $5 too. Might take that opportunity before bub arrives!

Wow Tegn 5 hrs for $5 is good. It can be an expensive hobby can't it. I hope you get down there before the wedding , boy time is flying, not long now. You ae getting married on Jessica's bday so i will be thinking of you

If I were to have a scrapbooking meet at my place (in werribee, VIC) on the weekend 19/20 August, would anyone be interested in coming along, and which day would be better?

that weekend is perfect for me

I'd love to come, but gee, it's such a long drive Hope girls have a great time scrappin'.

sounds fun Rachel!! I would be interested depending on if arron hasn't got plans. Prob a sunday would be better for me than Saturday, but don't arrange it around just what I say!! I actually am an independent consultant for a scrapbooking company and could bring my scrapbooking stuff I sell along if you wanted, to show and if anyone was interested I could take orders for stuff. But I don't want to be pushy about that, I wouldn't bring any of it if you didn't want that. PM me if you want more info about it cos I don't want to do the wrong thing re advertising it IYKWIM.

So I am interested, thats if you want me there!!!
    hugs Michelle

Debbie Lee Guest

I can't promise but I could see as the weekend draws closer, Rach. That would be great fun!

OK, it will be on Sunday 20th, from 12

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast