Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking & Craftwork General Discussion #4

Id love a room too! Except ive taken over the dining table atm which isnt too bad.

Hey maz, what was the seller's name? Im gathering they have a store, i might go check it out. I dont use too much flowers atm as ive started scrapping for Jesse and its all boy or baby stuff for him. Um.. it may be too much effort and too hard but thinking along the wedding theme.. confetti? or hearts or something.. could always get a couple of cheapo rings?

Beckles.. ive done that too.. looks very effective.

Caro, anything really.. preferably a bit bigger for headings etc. Have alot of small stuff

Michelle.. the stuff i get from BigW is just paper and i think its fine. I usually layer bits and pieces and that makes it thicker anyways Like you said, its going to be in the sleeves anyways so no ones going to know the difference.

Hopefully ill get a bit of time this weekend to have a scrap when DH is home. He's always good like that and takes Jesse for a while.

oh I love the little pic idea thanks beck, im thinking maybe a pic of the flower girl..hmmmm im getting the itch
    Kell - i use flowers on the boys pages aswell, their great to stick out under pics.

Caro- it does say "acid and lignin free 100% Guarantee" so Iam hoping that it is true. I do purchase items that say that but whether they really are is another thing really.

Kell- I too do layering and thin paper is fine for that, and once you have a few things on the page seems ok.

If I could just get the kids to bed on time I woul do some at night. Arron is going to stay at his cousins tonight cos he needs to sevice his machine on the other side of the city tomorrow morning, so it will be me and the kids tonight.
    I think I will get off the puter, tidy up and do some scrapping today

I always feel inspired when I come in herre but life gets in the way lol

Maz.. which was the seller did you get the cheap alphabets from on ebay? Oh ok.. didnt really think about using flowers.. do you mean like flower stickers?

I was just looking at the machines you can get that actually make the die cuts and alphabets.. oh i would love one of those! If only i had a couple of hundred $$ to spare!

CAro - LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Prima's.Ive got a pic of Wilhelm sniffing the bride bouqet (sp?) at the wedding and im going to go NUTS!
    Kell - IM going to have to search through my feedback..oh it could take forever lol. I'll pm you as soon as I get it matie

my mum brought the machine and dies Sissex off ebay I will ask who she brought it from, cos she went to the same seller mostly. he really hasn't used it much but planned to sell diecuts and just didn't get around to it.

Might have to do some research on the sizzex then.. yeh was looking at them and the Cricut yesterday on ebay. The Cricut is only in america atm i think and is quite expensive.. is all done at the push of a button. Do you know how the sizzex works? Are the dies just cartridges or actual dies as in paints?
    I know my parents were going to give us some money for our wedding (as we decided to get married at the registry while i was pregnant rather than have a big wedding) as they spent a fair bit on my brother and sister's wedding, so i might have to do a bit of arm twisting in the DH direction

cricut is about $800 at my scrapping shop but oh its so nice. they sell it with a set of alphabets to. sizzex is cartidges matie. (oh i think so anyway)

I know.. oh if only i could win lotto! Ive seen it online for around $500 but then i think you have to buy the cartridges. Someone needs to invent one that you can hook up to your computer and just print whatever you want.. if there isnt already one.

Thanks Caro!

I emailed that person about the Cricut as it has a power adapter and i think its a USA one so cant use it here without a converter

we went tot the craft fair last year and they had the cricuit there, xyron actually makes one too, which is similar but smaller and cheaper, and the cartridges are cheaper too. Sisex is like a press really. The dies have pads with the shapes on them and you put the paper on this pad with a piece of perspects on top, you roll them or press trhem through and the shapes get cut into the paper. The sidekick is an other add on from what I understand. There is also one that does hook up to the computer, I am trying to remember the name, it has Robo in it. But that was about $800 too and you could use your co,puter to make the shapes, letters etc that you wanted and it laser cut them for you. It too was good but the $$$$ is the full stop!

Nah not going to buy one at the moment.. i was just curious as they said in their listing it was imported from the USA.
    Lol i know $2500! OMG! If only i was a millionaire and id buy us all one!

How often do they have those craft fairs do you know? Ive heard of one being in sydney too a while ago. Um would it be the Craft Robo? I noticed that on the related searches on ebay. Ahhh i want em all!

Woah $790 for the craft robo in Aus! :eek:

Make sure you buy an australian make of these and not american as some run off different power sources and a registered seller so you can return it if you have problems.
    The cricut is better than xyron as xyron is a bit flimsy when you put cartridge in and its trying to read it.I went to a shop that sells both and this is what they told me.If i won lotto id buy the cricut. The sisixx you need a lot of space for all the cartridges and stuff.I can use one free at my local shop to cut what i like out.

Yeh.. i think ill probably just stick to the stickers atm i think.. theyre all way too expensive for me.. im sure the costs will come down over time.
    Wish my local shop did that.. but its only small (and crap).. might have to see if theres one in Penrith or something..

Debbie Lee Guest

At least if you got one of them, Caro, you could make and sell layouts etc. Kind of like the scrapbooking shortcuts ebay store (my heroes!! LOL - great for people with no creative flare like moi!).

Oh yeh id say the Cricut is 10 times better than the Sizzix.. not that ive used either but it would be alot quicker and easier id think ... and im sure theres alot more you can do with it than the sizzix. Also storage wise.. to do alphabets on the Sizzix it looks like you need a whole stack of different cartridges (like 1 per letter) whereas with the Cricut you have heaps of different fonts all in the one small cartridge. If i had the money id be buying it for sure.

Btw.. i bet the high bidder hasnt realised you cant use it here.. the US even runs on a different voltage to us so its not jsut the matter of getting a converter power plug its also the voltage.. id be peed if i bought it and spent that much to find out i couldnt use it here!
    Last edited by ShootingStar; January 20th, 2007 at 09:08 AM.

Yeh i know.. thats why i wondered when i saw that.. but unless you thought about it like that you wouldnt realise until you got it. And it doesnt show the bidder's name either, otherwise i was going to email them and tell them. Ahh well.. i guess they'll learn for the future but not a nice way to.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast