Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking & Craftwork General Discussion #4

Quote Originally Posted by tiggy View Post
    Kell and Nic, I love your pages. You've both done fantastic jobs.

My Mum and I are doing a white on white challenge together atm. It's quite hard. Am finding it really hard not using colour.
    Thanks Tiggy

White on white? how does that work?

kell- great photo's!! I esp love the shower page it looks great.

I mostly use CM stuff but this first album of Nixon is not a CM album, i bought it from Riot Art. anyway think i'll start buying the CM albums even though they are quiet expensive cause riot art discontinued that album i had and now have really crappy ones, which are always likely to phase out and change all the time.
    Caro- u put it in perspective for me if im going to spend all this other money and all these hours doing the photos that i want kept for years then i mose well pay for a good album.
    i havent ever heard of any of the other brands a few of you have mentioned.

Tiff- you will have to show us the finished product, so no colour on the pages at all? interesting!

Any melbourne scrapbookig get togethers planned atm??
    I just did a CM scrapbooking day last Saturday, had lots of fun (had to take Nix with me cause dh went interstate, but he was so good didnt slow me down) got heaps of pages done too.

tiggy Guest

It's what they call a monochromatic layout. You try to use just whites (with some black if you and some small amounts of colour if you absolutely have to). Apparently, it's all about using different textures to add detail. It was in this months Scrapbook Creations magazine. So we thought we would give it a go.

tiggy Guest

Ok, Nic, will do, if it turns out, have never done it before, so am nervous.Trying to find white things in my stash has proven to be difficult.

Yeh i would love to see them too.. they sound very interesting.

I dont think it could get to those scrapping things and actually get something done.. im so indecisive and it takes me ages to work out what im going to do.. though, i do have alot of distractions with Jesse, i think may aid to it taking so long.

I got my album from the US... its C.R Gibson i think.. its all really good quality (well it looks it anyways lol)

Tiggy,those white on white layouts did look great! You could do it with any colour i suppose.I find that magazine quite a goodone for finding nice layouts to get ideas from.

tiggy Guest

Caddie, I agree, am liking it more than the Scrapbooking Memories atm. My fave though is Creating Keepsakes, there are just SO many ideas and so much info too.

No i havent Caro what is it?
    At my first scrapbooking day i did a nice page of nixon's first snow trip. My consultant was quiet pleased with it but then said i better not show the others because i hadnt used cm paper or album!e
    at the last meet i was over whelmed by what things people were doing. One ladt last year did 805 pages!! thats about 2 pages every single day wow!!

2 pages a day??! OMG someone has too much time on their hands! lol

Do you think CM wouldnt like you diverting from their style as it means a competitor is making money not them? (not knocking them)

Now Jesse's asleep i could scrap but i really cant be bothered, am too buggered.. maybe tomorrow.

I was going to go to a CM party but a gf of mine said that the other ladies would look down at my LO cause I use alot of different things and I LOVEEEEE lumpy bumpy. I love my CM cutter and corner cutter, Id die with out them.
    2 pages a day, god i dont even get the chance to do that in a month.
    Caro - had a stick at those thing, I dont know if Id use them though. Should buy one and see how i do go but.
    Ive still gotta finish a little book I was making for Wilhelm about his autisum so that might be on my list ot do things. My scrapping corner looks like a bombs hit it though, clean that first.
    Kell - had a look at your LO, yourve done a beautiful job mate, be very proud of them.
    Caddie - have you started that LO yet?
    Tiggy - Scrapbooking memories..hmmmm, need to sit down with a post it pad and pen, coffee and attack! I get For Keeps but ive gone of it abit. I dont like all the digital LO being done at the moment. I dont feel like there's any love involved on the pages.
    MIght get into my scraping stuff now, Im motivated.

tiggy Guest

Maz, agree with you on the digi scrapping, I mean, what is the point. I love to cut and paste. Am also a big lumpy bumpy girl, love ribbons and blossoms and chipboard. ATM I am into all the beautiful rub ons that are around...drool.
    Also love the corner cutter and inks and acrylics. WHat is scrapping if it's not..scrappy? Each to their own of course but I love getting my hands dirty,it's so involved, you just lose yourself in the layout and forget everything else. I don't get alot done these days, tend to do it in small bursts and I'm usually up into the wee hours so I can scrap child free.

ETA, I finished my LO, will upload some of mine tonight, not sure about the monochromatic, it's hard to see the effects on film, I think.

Maz, would love to see your published one!
    Last edited by tiggy; January 21st, 2007 at 07:56 PM.

Yep lumpy all the way! I think it give it a better effect!

Hey what are the corner cutters?

Hey Tiff.. everytime i see your ticker i have to smile! Ivy and Noah are so adorable! They look so much like their mummy!

Ok.. starting to catch on (Blondey here).. so CM have their own layouts for you to copy or do? (Have never seen the mag)

tiggy Guest

Awwww, thanks, Kell, they light up my life!

tiggy - i have to go searching for it. its b&w, very basic but I absolutely adore it. I have to put some up, some how. going for a sticky now
    Oh Kell - a corner cutter is alittle thingo that cuts square corners round. Cm have the best ones.

tiggy Guest

hang on Maz, give me a chance!!! LOL

tiggy .hehehehehehhehehehe

ahhh i gotchya.. that sounds pretty good, might have to look on ebay for one.

tiggy Guest

Ok, there are some on Ivy and Noah's birth and beyond link, not tonights and not the last few I have done. I'll have to resize the photos and put them up but there are some of my favourites if you want to have a squizz.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast