Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Laser hair removal - anyone had laser hair removal done?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I am sooooooo happy. I had my 3rd or 4th session today, and I had no regrowth really - so had a blast before I go away. My therapist, Vicky, from Skin Systems in Camberwell said that yes, do be careful when you choose what to get done, some people ask for brazillians and later find it doesn't grow back when they want it to!!! So be aware of that!

I told her to come in here and feel free to answer questions, some people have mentioned that they have had it and it didn't work - but there are different machines people use and laser is BEST suited to hair removal - much better than IPL. But she can explain it all and answer your questions
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

FluffyLaRue Guest

I'm Hanging out to get mine organised- we are remortaging and I'm getting the laser on my legs, and a new sewing machine -woot!
    Any reduction for me will be good!

Hello Everyone!
    I am the one that has been treating Kelly for laser hair removal, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer.

Think I'll start browsing the other threads... first post today!!

FluffyLaRue Guest

Hi Vicky

What treatment would be best for really strong thick dair hairs?

I have a few nasty hairs on my chin I want zapped! And I'm going to get mylegs done.

Hi FluffyLaRue - if your hair is DARKER than your skin, I would def recommend Laser.

The ones on your chin will be lasered nicely and won't take more than 10mins. The ones on your legs you'll need to allow about 1hr for.

I can smell the burning hair now

let me know if you need help with which types of laser..

FluffyLaRue Guest

hmmm - I had a consultation today at the medical and asthetic laser clinic today...

I'm booked in but I'm not totally sure about them. Should they have a larger laser for larger areas? I'm getting my legs done. They did a test patch, but something didn't seem right about them yanno? And they said you need 10 treatments- does that sound right?

Sorry for delay in responding. If you can find out the type of laser it is, for example, is it a diode, ruby or alexandrite? maybe it's not a laser, they may use an IPL/SPL/etc....

10 treatments? What colour is your hair and your skin?

FluffyLaRue Guest

They use a diode laser.

To be honest I can't see any difference where the test patch is except that my skin has red spots on it now. I canceled my appointment to get my legs done. Worked great for the little pests on my chin, but I'm not forking out that kind of money unless I'm sure it will have some kind of effect.

Is the Ruby laser better?

Ruby is what Vicky uses on me Its great I seriously have had no reactions, marks, sensation apart from warmth (nice warmth) and thats it!!!!! Ruby is expensive tho... prolly why other salons go for others I would say.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

ohgosh81 Guest

I am having laser done on my bikini line and underarms. Usually go about 8 weeks between treatments which in my opinion hurt but are okay as there is no pain as soon as you are finished just feels hot thats all. I have had 6 sessions done and am due again in a week but I am now pregnant.

Does anyone know if I can continue the treatments whilst pregnant or if its best to wait until after bubs. I asked the clinic and they said its okay but I still am not sure and I dont see my obs for another 3 weeks to ask him.

Anyone?

I would recommend against getting laser done while you're pregnant. Now, just to clarify, there has been no reports of problems having laser whilst preg, however, therapists job is to consider the client first. For my client's peace of mind, I always recommend ceasing laser during pregnancy, but ok to pick up again whilst breastfeeding.

This is just our way of being cautious. We would hate to be blamed for something even though we know it's unlikely that laser would interfere with gestation.

That's just my opinion - your health and well being comes first. The hair can wait

Just wondering do u need to be "hairy" to get laser done? Or can u be shaved?

FluffyLaRue Guest

You shave on the day of treatment
    If there is hair showing above the skin you can get burns!

rvg2000 Guest

Question Is it safe while TTC

I found this board while searching for info on laser hair removal. I am thinking of getting it done for a long long time now. I really wanna start of with arms, legs/ underarms and if results are good bikini and upper lips.

My only problem is that me and hubby are trying to start a family and as my tech said they will stop the treatment if I am a pregnant to be safe. I feel good about it but I am worried is it safe to get it done when we are trying to have a baby at all.. what if I am pregnant but not aware when I get the treatment????

I already have 2 d & C, and having a baby is our first priority but I have already waited for 2 years now and I realy really want to get it done.

I am in US and my tech has candella machine. Do you all think I should go ahead and get it done?

Default SIPL

Hi all, I have been looking all over for information about all this, funny that it is here I have found the most help. I have an appointment tomorrow to work out if this is what I want, this clinic uses Palomar MultiLux Super Intense Pulsed Light for the hair removal. Does anyone know anything about this? Is this also safe to do while breastfeeding? Is it best to express and discard the milk afterwards?

Hi Kelly and all the others who have had this done. What are the results like now, so many months on. Are you happy with the result and are you still hair free. when you say Laser is better, it seems that IPL and SPL falls under laser, so I am confused of which is best and which company to go for.

Has anyone done any more research. It is a lot of money, so want to do it right the first time.
    thanks

love to hear from anyone please!!!!!

I am VERY happy. Definitely recommend it, but don't do IPL, go laser. I so love not having to shave and that baby smooth feel, and because there is no hair growth you have no visible follicles (or whatever its called!).
    Kelly xx

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast