Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Laser hair removal - anyone had laser hair removal done?

smiles4u Guest

... Emma, me too i'd be very interested to know

I've been happy with the result of mine so far. Spacially now that it's summer and I don't have to shave, Feels so good.
    You should be able to get whatever part of your body done as far as I know as when I had mine done I used to let the lady know which parts I want to be done and which parts I want to leave.
    Good luck with your baby and then your IPL

Very interested too. A hair removal place in melbourne Central offers a free patch test... i wonder if that's worth a try. I think it's laser... not sure. I have quite dark hair and fair skin... i wonder what the chances of it working well are?

Default trying to contact Vicky_SS

Vicky_SS..? BellyBelly?
    I was wondering if Vicky could recommend a laser hair removal professional in Perth W.A.?? I'm extremely wary and don't want to risk having any damage to my skin or being ripped off or getting poor results.
    Thanks!

I just saw this thread!

I'm in the middle of treatments. I've had 3, have 3 left to go. It's fantastic. I still have some hair left, but it takes weeks to grow back from shaving. My bikini line looks female now! My moustache and beard have nearly gone! I can wear sleeveless outfits without having to shave twice a day!

Worth every penny just for what it has done internally. I feel so much better in myself when I don't have to worry about body hair all the time.

Anyone else had this done recently? Would love to hear any good/bad experiences? I'm going for a consultation at Australian Laser Clinic next week so if anyone has been there I'd love to hear from you!

I went to the Australian Laser Clinic and they were great. I am extremely happy and got fast results. Less annoying and less painful than waxing. And now I have next to no underarm and leg hair and a very neat bikini line (I stopped treatment during pregnancy but will "finish" the job next year). Wish it had've been around when I was a teenager!!

YUP fantastic.. I am a Beauty Therapist.. BEST THING EVER!! my DD will have it done when she is old enough.. BRILLIANT!! wish i knew about it when i was 20.
    Yes it hurts but not that bad.. if i can handle it anyone can..

ITS NOT PERMANANT BUT ITS PERMANENT REDUCTION.. and to me with dark hairs.. iTS BRILLIANT!

Cool, thanks ladies!

Aurora, good to hear you had such a great experience at ALC. I'm a little worried because I have PCOS and I've heard that can mean that it still grows back? Anyway that is something to discuss with them.

Didispunk, woo hoo on such a great outcome. I'm looking forward to my appointment now!

So when they say it grows back... does that mean a zapped follicle grows back even though it's been treated or that it looks like it does as other follicles grow out? I'm checking out the ALC website now!

ETA: I've just booked a consultation!!!! This Saturday! At Moonee Ponds There's a special on at the moment: $19 per session for upper lip!!! (as opposed to $39 per session).
    Last edited by Bathsheba; June 9th, 2010 at 04:47 PM.

I'm not sure Bath but it's definitely a question I will ask them. Good luck with your appointment, mine is on Monday. I'd love to hear how you go and your thoughts. I saw the $19 special too and thought it was a pretty good deal!

Ohohoh Bath what time in MP? Shall we meet for coffee?? I can arrange to be kid-free for the morning

I had my underarms done in a professional salon which promised permanant results and all I got out of it was 6 painful sessions and lost $600 Hair is still the same today. I still like the idea of permanant hair removal and I would pay the money if the results were money back guaranteed. I'm still mad that I spent that money and went through so much pain for zero results Having said that there are numbing creams/patches etc which I didn't use back then but would have if I'd known about them. So in conclusion I'd do it again with the help of pain killing aids and a money back guarantee. Oh and I'm not sure what method they used in that salon, it was about 6 years ago.

Cherished, what is your hair colour naturally?

A lot depends on your skin colour and hair colour/type. My consultant at ALC siad sometimes natural blones come in asking for it and they are refused (because it doesn't work if you have fair hair) but alot of unscrupulous operators will take $$ knowing it is futile.

It worked so well and cheaply for me because I have dark, thick hair and fair skin.

One thing you have to remember..
    iS

LASER IS NOT PERMANENT REMOVAL.... ITS PERMANENT REDUCTION..Never has and never can be as it reduces the follicule to grow another hair . so you cant expect it to all be out and gone...

BUT the reduction is so worth it.. I am a furry animal and loved it.. I have maybe 4 hairs under my underarm and upper lip 2 or so... as hair grows at different stages so to get all of it takes a while.

Rory, my hair is dark and thick so I did think I'd see results. didispunk there wasn't even a reduction?? My hair is exactly the same regrowth and just as thick, it was never any thinner. For months I thought about going back and complaining and asking for my money back but I know the business owner and know that for 1 she wouldn't give me my money back for 2 she is one of those ruthless money grabbing woman If I am ever in her company though and the subject comes up I will not be shy to speak up at how uneffective the procedure was for me!

Cherished... that is a shame... ... it doesnt work for everyone.. Bugger you wasted so much money...

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Cherished, did you actually get laser or something else like IPL etc? Im surprised it didn't work, she sounds very dodgy.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast