Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Biscuits, Slices and Brownies

I made this last year and it turned out great.
    This year i'm making it for the kids kindy easter party

Thumbs up Choc Mint Balls....

Choc Mint Balls?

PREP: 5 minutes
    2 minutes eating time!

1 packet of Mint Slice Biscuits finely chopped
    1/2 can Condensed Milk
    3/4 cup Coconut
    Extra Coconut for rolling

1. Mix all ingredients together.
    2. Form little balls and roll in Coconut.
    3. Store in fridge.

Serve chilled. Yum!

I just came across this recipe and man it made my mouth water, if only i had mint slice biscuits in the pantry

I lurve anything that chocolate and mint, oh, wish i had some mint slice in the fridge, got everything else!!! Yummy

Oh dear this one is going to be dangerous around here!! Bring on Monday so I can get some Mint Slice bikkies!

I have a similar recipe - it is for a choc mint log though. Going from memory it is:

1 packet of choc ripple biscuits
    1/2 can condensed milk
    1 peppermint crisp.
    coconut to coat

I whizz the biscuits and peppermint crisp in the food processor, add the condensed milk. Form into two logs, coat with coconut. LEave to harden in the fridge for about a day if you can wait that long. Slice into pieces whatever thickness you desire.

It is a CWA recipe from their blue recipe book. Recipes from Australia wide. I am not at home so I can't double check the recipe or the name of the book. but it is very simple, and yummy.

Default Basic Biscuit Recipe

I just found this yummo basic biscuit recipe. I only made half the mixture though and it still made 30 biscuits.

2 cups brown sugar
    1 cup melted butter
    1 teas vanilla

Mix together and then add:

2 eggs
    3 cups SR flour

I also added to mine some rice bubbles, choc chips and crushed peanuts..mmmmmm, but you could put in whatever you like.

Mix well - roll into small balls (teaspoon size), place on greased tray, and press with fork.
    Bake in moderate (180C/350F) for 10-15 mins.

YUMMO!! Thank you!
    Will have a crack at those later this afternoon... while housemate is out lol

thanks for the recipe, i was thinking of making some biscuits with the kids, they both like different things so with this mix i can divide a bit each and they can add the bits they like, should make for some interesting school holiday creations.

Mmmm anyone else making these?? I'm going to make some today but I haven't made them before and I know it is borderline sacriligeous but does anyone add choc chips or nuts???
    Happy cooking!

Well I was baking ANZACs last year to send to my DH in Afghanistan so I'll be the first to say definitely sacriligeous!!! Perhaps if you add the choc chips for a "soft" version of the ANZAC you could call them "ozsoldierswhohaveneverserved" biscuits . And if you add nuts they could be "ozsoldierswhocamehomewithmentalhealthissues" biscuits. PMSL (*has moment of complete defence wife humour with herself*)

Ohhh... thanks for jogging my memory.
    I was laying in bed last night thinking about what I could cook for morning tea for my DH and kids... and knew I had all the ingredients in the pantry for ANZAC's... but completely forgot when I woke this morning... now I know what I am making for afternoon tea

PSML laughing Marydean Point taken - no choc chips in these babies!
    Have to say though the receipe I found on taste.com.au is very different to the original on the defence force site!

Well I just had a look Tan and there sure are some dang fancypants ANZAC recipes in there - hmmmmm "Anzac tart with macadamia praline & cinnamon syrup" sounds nice! Raises the bar a bit, doesn't it LOL!

Hahaha! That's what I was thinking too and I'm not the best cook in the world so I want something simple! The one I have is the same as the one Chloe posted so I should be ok!!!!

1 cup plain flour

1 cup sugar

1 cup rolled oats

1 cup coconut

4 oz marg/butter

1 tablespoon golden syrup

2 tablespoon boiling water

1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda

Melt butter add syrup, water & soda.

Pour onto dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.

Drop by teaspoon on greased tray, leaving room to spread.

Bake in moderate oven til brown.

Question Help needed - coconut ice??

I would like to make my step mum some coconut ice to go with her mothers day present. I have found 2 recipes and would like to know what the differnce is -

The first one uses coconut, icing sugar and condensed milk

The second one (and the one i remember making as a kid) uses coconut, icing sugar, copha, egg whites and vanilla

My question is - will the one with the condensed milk be softer than the one with the copha?? Will it taste much different?

Also i really want to make the 2nd one (cause i know it will work lol) but it has egg whites in it - does that mean that i cant eat it because i am pregnant?? If so i will have to make the other one.

Also if you have any of yur own recipes for coconut ice i would appreciate it - and so would my step mum!
    TIA

Are the egg whites cooked or raw - I remember making coconut ice and part of it was on the stovetop. I think if the egg whites are cooked its OK.

I have only heard of the first recipe though. I remember making it last time, and thinking it was going to be too runny, so I added more coconut...big mistake. Wiever way you decide, stick to the recipe exactly!

mmm yum Kristy!..sorry no help, but just wanted to pop in and *drool*

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast