Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Biscuits, Slices and Brownies

Anzacs
    1 cup plain flour
    1 cup rolled oats
    3/4 cup dessicated coconut (do you have any of that?)
    3/4 cup caster sugar
    140g butter
    3tsp golden syrup
    3 tblsp boiling water
    1tsp baking/bicarb soda

Preheat oven to a slow 150deg

Sift the flour into a bowl, add the oats sugar and coconut

In a saucepan melt the butter then add the syrup and water. take off the heat and add the baking soda allow to foam and pour over the dry ingredients in the bowl and mix well.

take teaspoons of the mix and roll into a ball and place on a greased tray. Leave about 5cm between each one. press down slightly.

bake until golden (12-15mins) and keep and eye on them as they burn easily. allow to cool on the tray and transfer to a rack to cool completely and harden.

Choc chip cookies
    250g butter
    220g caster sugar
    250g brown sugar
    2 eggs
    2 tsp vanilla essence
    410g plain flour
    1 tsp bicarb
    3 tsp hot water
    pinch salt
    400g choc chips

preheat oven to 180deg

cream butter, sugars until smooth. beat in eggs one at a time then stir in vanilla.

dissolve bicarb in the hot water. add to the mix along wit the salt. stir in flour and choc chips. drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased trays. bake in a preheated oven for 10 mins until edges nicely browned for a soft, chewy cookie, or bake for 12 mins for a crunchier one. This will make 4 dozen quite large cookies. I have made 6 dozen by making them smaller.

queenbee Guest

Default OMG!!!! Best Rum Ball Recipe EVER!

Here is my recipe:

RUM BALLS

2 cups sweet biscuit crumbs (I use Arnotts NICE biscuits)
    1/2 cup coconut
    2 tablespoons cocoa
    1 cup dried fruit (raisins/currants/sultanas) (preferably no peel in the mix)
    1/2 cup condensed milk
    3 tablespoons rum
    Chocolate sprinkles

1. Process sweet biscuits in your food processor so they are fine crumbs. Set aside in a bowl.

2. Process dried fruit (so it is like fruit mince).

3. Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add fruit mince, condensed milk and rum. Mix well.

4. Roll into balls.

5. Roll into chocolate sprinkles.

6. Chill in fridge.

ENJOY!

I made these today and they are so beautiful. Just love them to bits!! Have made plenty for tomorrow's Christmas festivities!

Default Easy Apple Slice Recipe, Enjoy!

Aside from the waiting, this is very easy and very yummy. Can be served hot or cold, It's delicious both ways!!!

Apple Slice

Filling
    8 Granny Smith apples, peeled and coarsely grated
    A handful of sultanas ( I don't put them in!)
    1/2 a cup of Sugar
    1 heaped dessert spoon of cinnamon

Mix all the filling ingredients together and leave to stand for 3hrs

Pastry
    250g melted butter
    3/4 cup of sugar (I used castor sugar)
    3 cups of Self Raising Flour

Mix the pastry ingredients together well

Use 3/4 of the mix to line a 30 x 25cm baking tray which has been lined with baking paper - Press the pastry down well.
    Put the apple mixture on top and spread out easily.
    Crumble the rest of the pastry mixture on top and pat down a bit.
    Cook at 150c for 1 hr

Keep in the fridge.

Enjoy

Default Lime & Macadamia Fudge

I made this last night to take to a religious assembly this weekend - very rich but the lime really tones it down. I think it works well, you can't have too much at once so its gonna last for ages!

395g can of condensed milk
    500g white chocolate melts
    150g macadamia nuts, chopped
    2 limes, zest finely grated

Melt comdensed milk and white chocolate over low heat until smooth and then remove from heat. Add chopped macadamia nuts and lime zest, mixing well. Pour into lined 18cm square tin and refrigerate overnight.

*From the Four Ingredients Cookbook vol. 1*

Default Fruity oat slice

Ingredients

* 150g dried apricots
    * 100g dried apple
    * 2 passionfruit, halved
    * 2 tablespoons lemon juice
    * 1/2 cup rolled oats
    * 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
    * 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
    * 2 tablespoons linseed (see note)
    Topping
    * 75g dark chocolate, chopped
    * 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil

Method

1. Grease and line a 3cm-deep, 19cm x 29cm (base) slice pan with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on both long ends.
    2. Place apricots, apple, passionfruit pulp and lemon juice in a food processor. Process until just smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Process oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds and linseed until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add to fruit mixture. Stir to combine. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour or until slice is firm.
    3. Line a tray with baking paper. Using a serrated knife, cut slice into 16 rectangular pieces. Place on prepared tray.
    4. Make topping: Place chocolate and oil in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (100%) for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, or until melted and smooth. Spoon chocolate into a snap-lock bag. Snip off 1 corner and pipe chocolate over slice. Refrigerate until firm

Made these last night for something to go into DD and DH's lunch box, half of it didn't last for me to get the choc on top, very yummy and very healthy

from the taste website

Talking Choc Swirls - For those at the meetup wanting the recipe

Ingredients
    Choc chips (I used the cadburys baking ones)
    1 egg (whisked to use as an egg wash)
    Brown sugar
    couple of sheets of puff pastry

Method
    -Preheat oven to 200 degrees
    -Line baking trays with grease proof paper
    -For the bases cut rounds out of the pastry with a scone cutter. Using a pastry brush, brush with egg. Sprinkle on some brown sugar. In the center place 2 or 3 choc chips.
    -For the top, cut 2cm thick strips from a sheet of pastry (you should get about 8 strips from 1 sheet)
    -Brush these with egg, sprinkle with brown sugar and dot choc chips (approx 1- 1 1/2cm apart) along the length of each strip.
    -Roll the strips & place on top of the bases with the swirl on top.
    -Bush with egg then bake until puffed and golden.
    -Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving

Hi ladies

This recipe is seriously idiot-proof. If you like you can probably leave out the nuts or double up the chocolate in place of the nuts or substitute the white choc with regular choc. They are a real hit and DH is constantly pestering me to make them so that he can take them in to work for his colleagues! Unfortunately I can't have nuts during my pregnancy, so I am sharing my recipe for others to enjoy in the meanwhile!! Mel, you can just use a whisk to cream the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. May just have to give it some elbow grease!

ENJOY

White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies

SERVINGS: 27
    TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch

INGREDIENTS
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    2/3 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    100g macadamia nuts, chopped
    1 cup white chocolate chips

METHOD
    Preheat oven to at 350?F / 175?C
    In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
    Beat in egg and vanilla.
    Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
    Stir in nuts and white chocolate chips.
    Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
    Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
    Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

ooh I have one for you super easy, cheap and makes heaps plus you can add what ever you want to them, I've heard them be called Very Versatile Biscuits before too....I know them as Aunty Ona's bikkies

Sorry I don't have it in metric

6oz butter or margarine
    3oz sugar
    1/2 tin condensed milk
    2C SR flour

just cream the butter and sugar together first (mix them together, lol) add the rest and mix together. roll out until maybe half cm thick, and cut out whatever shapes you want. bake at about 170deg until slightly golden.

instead of using only half a tin of condensed milk I make a double batch and the freeze some unused dough, so next time I just have to pull it out of the freezer and defrost.or you could go nuts, bake them all and then freeze the cooked bikkies. I've added cocoa (for chocolate ones) sprinkles, mini MM's......anything you can think of

if the dough is still a little sticky to roll just keep adding bits of flour until it's easier to roll probably plain flour.

for little kiddies you don't wanna let them brown too much otherwise when they cool and harden they will be too crunchy for them, so just ever so slightly golden....maybe 10-15 minutes??

HTH

ETA the kids LOVE to pick what cookie cutter shapes to use and they love stamping the shapes out. If you don't have anything like that in the house just an upturned glass will cut out a circle shape

Talking mars bar slice recipe, enjoy!

i made a delicious mars bar slice yesterday and decided i have to share it with you all!!
    its quick and cheap and sooooo yummy, me and DP have just about eaten the whole slice!

Mars bar slice:

3 normal size mars bars, chopped
    3 cups rice bubbles
    100g butter, chopped
    200g cooking chocolate (for topping)
    30g extra butter (for topping)

1. Melt 100g butter and mars bars over very low heat in a saucepan, stir continuously, squishing any bits of noughat that dont seem to 'melt'. after about 5 mins it will look like the butter and mars bar are seperating but keep stirring and it will get to a ganache type consistency.

2. turn off the heat. fold in the 3 cups rice bubbles, trying not to crush them as you stir.

3. press the mixture into a greased slice tin.

4. melt 30g butter and 200g cooking chocolate over low heat in saucepan til smooth. pour over rice bubble mixture.

5. refigerate for at least an hr or until topping is hard.

im not sure how long itd keep in the frige cause weve eaten it all!!! but its really good i reckon itd be great for kids parties or coffee with friends .... ENJOY!!!

Default mmmmmm so good - Caramel Macadamia/Pecan Slice

Ingredients
    Base

1 packet vanilla cake mix (I only had WW Golden Buttercake and added 1/2 tsp vanilla)
    1 cup coconut
    125g butter (recipe didn't say if this was just chopped or melted, but I melted it till it was just soft, but held it's shape)

Topping
    1 tin condensed milk
    1 tbsp butter
    1 tbsp golden syrup
    1 cup chopped macadamias (didn't have any so I used pecans)

Method
    1. preheat oven to 180 deg or 160 deg fan forced
    2. line a slice tray with baking paper
    3. BASE: mix base ingredients together and press into tin (I used a food processor for a smoother result)
    4. Bake for 15 minutes
    5. TOPPING: combine the condensed milk, butter and syrup in a saucepan and heat, stirring, until just thickened.
    6. remove from heat and add nuts
    7. pour mix over the prepared base and return to the oven for 20 minutes.
    Notes
    It is a bit tricky to press the base into the tin as it sticks to the spoon, but dip your spoon in boiling water and dry it off and the heat of the spoon stops it sticking. When the base is done, it will have risen and look puffy. I just gently pressed it back down with the spoon before pouring the caramel nut mix on top. Make sure it is completely cold before slicing with a knife run under hot water first.

Default Peppermint Crisp Slice

Gotta share this. It's so easy and yum.

Choc Peppermint No bake slice

Ingredients:

250g plain sweet biscuits - I used Nice
    100g butter, chopped
    1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
    2 x 35g chocolate bars - peppermint crisp
    200g milk eating chocolate, chopped coarsley

method
    1. Grease 19cmx29cm slice pan; line base and two long sides with baking paper
    2. Process 200g of the biscuits until crushed finely. Chop remaining biscuits coarsely.
    3. Stir butter and milk in small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Combine processed and chopped biscuits, with chocolate bar in medium bowl. Stir in butter mixture.
    4. Press mixture firmly into pan, refrigerate about 20 mins or until set
    5. Make chocolate topping, spread over slice, refrigerate until firm.

yummo!!
    i used to make this but with snickers!

oooh that'd be good tooo.....might double the number of peppermint crisps next time though.

Default Choc Fudge Slice with Chocolate Ganache

Choc Fudge Slice with Chocolate Ganache

Ingredients
    125g butter, melted
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
    2 eggs, lightly beaten
    2 tsp vanilla essence
    1 3/4 cup self raising flour, sifted
    3/4 cup desiccated coconut

Chocolate ganache
    160ml double or dollop cream
    1 cup dark choc bits

Method
    • Preheat oven to 170 deg fan forced (180 deg conventional). Line base and sides of a 16 x 26cm slab pan with baking paper, allowing an overhang along each long side.
    • Combine melted butter, cocoa and sugar in a large bowl, add eggs and vanilla and mix. Stir in flour and coconut and press into base of prepared pan. Bake for 18-20 mins or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Set aside to cool.
    • To make chocolate ganache, combine cream and chocolate in a small saucepan and place over a larger saucepan of simmering water. Mix together until chocolate melts and ganache is a dark chocolate colour. Pour over cooled slice and refrigerate till set. Using a sharp knife, cut in squares or rectangles.

That sounds like sin on a plate right there!

Mmm....have saved this recipe for future use!

Yummy I think I WILL HAVE TO GIVE THIS A GO..i THINK i robably have all the ingredients handy

Trillian you are an eviiiiil woman

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast