INGREDIENTS:
    1/2 cup unsalted butter
    1/3 cup packed brown sugar
    3 tablespoons honey
    1 cup quick cooking oats
    1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
    1/3 cup shredded coconut
    1/3 cup sesame seeds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 11x7 inch baking pan.
    In medium sauce pan, over low heat, combine butter or margarine, brown sugar and honey. Cook, stirring, until butter or margarine is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Add oats, nuts, coconut and sesame seeds. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined. Press mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan.
    Bake for 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is golden brown. Let cool in the pan and cut into bars.

Recipe 2

INGREDIENTS:
    1 1/2 cups honey
    3/4 cup peanut butter
    3/4 cup almond butter
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    7 cups puffed rice cereal
    1/4 cup chopped almonds
    2 cups rolled oats

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
    Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the honey, peanut butter and almond butter. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
    In a large bowl, toss together the chocolate chips, rice cereal, almonds and rolled oats. Stir in the peanut butter mixture so everything is evenly distributed. Pack tightly into the prepared pan. Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars when cool.

I have never made them but they look easy, so I might give em a go

Thumbs up Zucchini Slice/ Muffins

Thought i would post this recipe, Some ladies at work made it and it was so yummy. Ive managed to make it as well and its so simple and easy too, i think i was a little light handed on the salt and pepper etc but oh well, DH will probably want to add sauce to it or something.
    I made it in a traditional slice and cooking some muffins too.

You need:
    Up to 425 grams Zucchini (unpeeled, coarsley grated)
    1 large finely chopped onion
    2 or 3 finely chopped rashers of bacon/ ham
    1 cup grated cheddar cheese
    1 cup self-raising flour
    1/2 cup oil
    5 eggs
    salt and pepper

Method:
    Combine zucchini, onion, bacon, cheese, sifted flour, oil and lightly beaten eggs. Season with Salt and pepper. Pour into a well-greased lamington tin (about 16x26 cm). Bake in a moderate oven for 30-40 minutes or until browned. Note: in a fan forced oven reduce cooking time to about 25 minutes.

This one is DELISH!

Coconut Bread - BILL GRANGER

Serving size: unspecified
    Cooking time: Unspecified

INGREDIENTS

2 eggs
    300ml (10 fl oz) milk
    1 tsp vanilla essence
    2 1/2 cups plain (all purpose) flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1 cup caster (superfine) sugar
    150 g (5 oz) shredded coconut
    75 g (2 1/2 oz) unsalted butter

to serve

butter
    icing (confectioners') sugar

METHOD

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F). Lightly whisk eggs, milk and vanilla together.
    Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl, add sugar and coconut, and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre and gradually stir in the egg mixture until just combined. Add melted butter and stir until the mixture is just smooth, be careful not to over-mix.
    Pour into a greased and floured 21 x 10 cm (8 1/2 x 4 in) loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until bread is cooked when tested with a skewer.
    Leave in the tin to cool for 5 minutes, and remove to cool further on a wire rack. Serve in thick slices, toasted, buttered and dusted with icing sugar. Makes 8-10 thick slices.
    *hugs*
    Cailin

I made choc chip cookies yesterday with Paris & Ris and they went down a treat... it was a Martha stewart Recipe...

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Makes 2 dozen
    You can substitute bittersweet chocolate for half of the semisweet chocolate chips.

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature (about 220gms butter but I think you could get away with 200gms)

1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 large egg, room temperature

2 cups all-purpose flour (plain flour)

1/2 teaspoon baking soda (Bi carb)

1/2 teaspoon salt

12 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped, or 1 twelve-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips (I used a packet of cadbury milk chips for cooking)

1. Heat oven to 375°. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.

2. Combine butter and both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, and mix to combine. Add egg, and continue beating until well combined.

3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix on low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

4. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of dough, and place on a prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, placing scoops 3 inches apart. Bake until just brown around the edges, 16 to 18 minutes, rotating the pans between the oven shelves halfway through baking. Remove from the oven, and let cool slightly before removing cookies from the baking sheets. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
    I'm planning on making some gingerbread cookies tomorrow with Paris

*hugs*
    Cailin

Its not cake or biscuits but still yummy as.

Peppermint crisp slice:

2 Peppermint crisps

1pkt Marie Biscuits

1 can condensed milk

dairy milk (cadbury) cooking chocolate (if you want)

Process peppermint crisps and biscuits in food processor. Put in a bowl and add condensed milk mix together and press into slice tray and pop into the fridge..

If you want to put chocolate on top just melt it and pour over.. But it is yummy without chocolate..

Default Oaty Date Bars - Edmonds Cookery Book style

I threw in a few currants with the dates, and used grapefruit for the filling instead of lemon, just to make a slight variation...

Oaty Date Bars
    FILLING
    1 1/2 cups chopped dates, 2 tbsps lemon juice, 3 tbsps water
    BASE
    125g butter, 1 egg, 1 tbsp golden syrup, 3/4 cup raw sugar, 1tsp vanilla essence, 1 cup wholemeal flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 cup rolled oats, 1 cup coconut, Lemon Icing (instructions to follow)

FILLING
    Put date, water and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Cook over a low heat until dates area soft. Cool.
    BASE
    Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg and golden syrup. Beat well. Add vanilla, wholemeal flour, baking powder, salt, oats, and coconut to creamed mixture. Mix well. Divide dough into two equal portions. Press out one portion thinly over the base of a greased 20x30 cm sponge roll tin. Spread cold filling over this. Dot small pieces of dough over filling and carefully spread it together to form a top layer. Bake at 180 degrees C for 25 to 30 mins or until golden brown. When cold ice with Lemon Icing. Cut into fingers. Makes 36.

LEMON ICING
    2 cups icing sugar, 1/4 tsp butter (softened), 2 tbsps lemon juice (approx), 1/4 tsp lemon rind
    Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add butter. Add sufficient juice to mix to a spreadable consistency. Flavour with lemon rind.

Default Allergy Friendly Brownies

I saw this recipe on Martha yesterday and thought it would be good to post for those with allergies or on special diets... Its from a place called "babycakes" in NYC its meant to be this awesome bakery that makes allergy friendly things

Brownies

Makes about 5 dozen mini brownies

Note: This recipe is free of wheat, gluten, dairy, casein, and eggs.

1/2 cup canola oil, plus more for pans

3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons garbanzo and fava bean flour

1/4 cup potato starch

2 tablespoons arrowroot

1 cup unrefined sugar or 10 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons agave nectar

2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1/2 cup store-bought unsweetened applesauce

2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract

1/2 cup brewed coffee or hot water

2 cups vegan gluten-free chocolate chips, such as Tropical Source

1. Preheat oven to 325°. Brush 3 dozen mini-muffin pans with oil; set aside.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, potato starch, arrowroot, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, and unsweetened cocoa powder; set aside. In a large bowl, mix together applesauce, 1/2 cup canola oil, and vanilla. Slowly add flour mixture, stirring to combine. Stir in coffee until it forms a batter. Fold in chocolate chips.

3. Place 1 tablespoon batter into each prepared muffin cup. Transfer muffin pans to oven, and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack before unmolding.

Note: Recipe from Babycakes NYC
    *hugs*
    Cailin

Melinda Guest

That would be my brownie recipe I suspect.......I'll go and find the recipe now.

ETA: Here it is! It's actually the Marie Claire one too Rach! It was a recipe someone else gave to me and I've just noticed up the top it says "Marie Claire" Triple Choc Brownies!!! Anyway, here's the recipe:

185g butter
    185g dark chocolate, chopped
    3 eggs
    1 1/4 cups caster sugar
    1 cup plain flour
    3/4 cup roughly chopped white chocolate
    3/4 cup roughly chopped milk chocolate

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.

Melt butter and dark chocolate in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth. Allow to cool.

Place the eggs and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy. Fold through chocolate and butter mixture.

Sift the flour and cocoa over the mixture and mix to combine.

Add the white and milk chocolate and then pour into a 23cm square cake tin, base-lined wsith non-stick baking paper.

Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until set.

Allow to cool and then cut into squares.

Makes 20 pieces.

NB: I don't like white chocolate, so I just double up on the milk chocolate! Usually what I do is just buy a big block of Cadbury Dairy Milk and chop that roughly and throw it in! I also fully line the tin with non-stick baking paper, rather than just base-line it. Enjoy, but be warned, they hellishly addictive, as is my famous fudge recipe LOL!!!
    Last edited by Melinda; January 23rd, 2007 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Adding in recipe....

These are pretty good too if you want to be a bit more healthy

Mixed Chocolate Brownies

Makes 16 Prep: 15 mins (+30 mins cooling time) Cooking time: 25 mins

Melted butter to grease (I used cooking spray)
    85g good quality dark chocolate chopped (I used plaistowe, 4 rows + 1 piece is 85g)
    2 tsp instant coffee powder
    125ml (1/2 cup) warm water
    60g (3 tbs) light butter/spread
    155g (3/4 cup firmly packed) brown sugar
    2 eggs, lightly whisked
    75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
    50 g (1/3 cup) SR flour
    50 g (1/2 cup) cocoa
    50 g (1/4 cup) white choc bits
    2 tsp icing sugar mixture
    2 tsp cocoa poweder, extra

1. Preheat oven to 180C. Brush a square 19cm (base measurement) slab pan with melted butter (or spray) to lightly grease. Line the base and sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang.
    2. Combine the dark chocolate, instant coffee, water, spread/butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
    3. Add egge, combined sifeted flours & cocoa powder, and stir until combined. Fold in the choc bits. Spoon into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
    4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out slightly sticky. set aside in the pan for 20 minutes to cool completely and set.
    5. Dust with combined icing sugar and extra cocoa powder. Cut into 16 pieces to serve.

Nutritional information per brownie: 2.5g protein, 5 g fat (2.5g sat fat), 11g carb, 0.5 g dietry fibre, 570 kg (135 cals).

This is a low fat alternative to chocolate brownies, and it tastes FANTASTIC. I made two batches ove the weekend
    I feel like brownies now... there's a martha recipe I've been meaning to try!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Here you go Mel. It is my MIL's recipe, and i've only made it once, but it was perfect and soooo yummy.....

Base:
    1pkt Marie Biscuits (crushed)
    6oz Butter

Filling:
    2tsp Geletine
    3/4 cup boiling water
    1 tin Condensed Milk
    Juice of 2 Lemons

Top:
    1pkt Jelly Crystals

Method:
    Melt butter and add to crushed biscuits. Mix together and press into a greased pan.

Add all 'filling' ingredients and mix well. Spread on top of base and refrigerate until set.

Make up Jelly as per packet instructions. Sit aside to cool completely. When cold (but not set) pour on top of slice and return to fridge to set fully....

Cut into squares and enjoy..!!!
    Last edited by *Shan*; January 23rd, 2007 at 04:15 PM.

Oh Mel, you don't know what you are getting yourself in for with this one - seriously, if you don't eat the lot in a day there is something wrong with you LOL. Here's my recipe;

Jelly Slice
    Mix 100g melted butter with 250g crushed plain biscuits. Press into a lined 7 x 11 inch shallow tin and refrigerate until firm. Dissolve an 85g pack of raspberry Jelly (but any colour will do) crystals in 1 cup boiling water, stir in 1/2 cups cold water and set aside. Dissolve 2 teaspoons gelatine in 1 tablespoon hot water. Beat 400g condensed milk and 1/3 cup lemon juice for 1 minute, then beat in the gelatine. Spread over the base and refrigerate with the jelly for 30 mins - the jelly should be syrupy not set. Pour the jelly over the slice and refrigerate again for 3 hrs or until firm. Makes 15 pieces.

Nutritional info per piece: Protein 4g, fat 10g, carbs 30g dietary fibre 0g, cholesterol 30mg, 980kJ (235cal)

One tip is to mix the gelatine in really quickly or it can go stringy and the fillin wont set properly.

Here you go Mel...these ones are my all-time favourites......(i posted it a while back just before christmas in another thread...lol)

Melting Moments (Yo Yo's):

6oz Butter
    2oz (57g) Icing Sugar
    2oz (57g) Custard Powder
    6oz (170g) Flour

Cream butter and sugar until creamy. Add sifted custard powder and flour and mix until combined.
    Roll teaspoons of mixture into balls and flatten with a fork (I sometimes put the mixture into a piping bag and pipe mini biscuits which make a nice change).
    Cook in a moderate oven (180 degrees) for about 10 minutes or until a light fawny color.
    Join together with vienna icing.

Vienna Icing:

1 ½ oz Butter
    3oz (85g) Icing Sugar
    4 Drops Vanilla Essence

Cream Butter, add icing sugar gradually until all combined. Add vanilla and mix thoroughly.

Enjoy….

A little tip, I make double the icing as I like to have a bit in between the biscuits, where this recipe is more for a little scrape of icing in between, so make what ever suits you best…..

Melinda Guest

Thanks Shan! I just got this recipe from Em which is ever so slightly different!

185g butter
    60gt icing sugar
    60g custard powder
    185 g plain flour

Cream the butter and icing sugar. Sift the custard powder and flour 3 times and then add to the butter/sugar mixture and combine. Roll into walnut-sized balls and flatten with a fork on the tray. Oven 160 C for 15 - 18 minutes. It took a bit over this in my oven which seems to be a bit on the slow side!

I also put the following filling in it:

1 cup icing sugar
    1 1/2 tbsp cocoa
    1 tbsp boiling water
    1/2 tbsp vanilla essence

Beat the icing sugar, cocoa, water and butter and add vanilla essence.

YUMMO!!! These are so delicious!

How funny, I actually made a batch of Jelly Slice on Sunday night to take to work as its a big hit there! This is my mums recipe and absolutely fabbo!

Base:
    1 pack Yo-Yo biscuits
    125g butter/marg melted (I prefer marg)

Crush yo-yos and stir in melted marg. Press into slice/cake tin and refrigerate (I usually wait an hour or so)

Middle Layer
    1 can condensed milk
    6 tbsp lemon juice
    1 tbsp gelatine disolved in 2/3 cup hot water.

Once gelatine disolved, mix all ingredients together until combined properly. Pour over base and set in fridge for 1-2 hours.

1 pack strawberry jelly
    1 pack raspberry jelly
    2 cups hot water

Disolve jelly crystals in hot water, pour over base and middle when jelly mixture cool and refrigerate over night. (I learnt a trick to disolve both jelly crystal packs in 1 cup hot water and once disolved pour in 1 cup cold water to instantly cool down rather than waiting for it to cool before pouring over other layers)

Good luck and enjoy!
    xo

Fraser Guest

Default Peanut Butter Cookies BAD! (in a good way)

I've gone biscuit crazy lately, can't get enought of them especially these little babies . They are very very very very bad for you - or I imagine they are - can't find any healthy redeeming features about them and that is why I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

You will need a big huge glass of cold milk if you decide to eat more than 1 in a row!

Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

1 Cup Peanut Butter
    1 Cup Sugar
    1 Egg

Mix ingredients together very very well

roll into little balls and place on tray covered in grease proof paper

Bake in 220 degree (C) oven for 10 to 15 minutes

let cool on cooling rack for a while because they will be a bit gooey when you take them out

ok im going to attempt my first jelly slice!! Im sold

Melinda Guest

I used a combination of everybody's recipes LOL.

Base:

125g Melted Butter
    250g packet Marie Biccies

Middle Layer:

1 tin condensed milk
    1/3 cup lemon juice
    2tsp gelatine dissolved in 1 tbsp boiling water.

Jelly layer:

Raspberry Jelly prepared as per the packet instructions.

YUM. Funny I don't normally like jelly (neither does Jacob funnily enough!) but I do like it on this! I might give him a little treat later if he's a good boy and see if he likes it!

mine is setting!!

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast