Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pancakes, Pikelets and Scones

They sound scrummy Lucy, I will have to try out your recipe too...
    Seems like a novel way to get some veggies into the kiddies too!

Melinda Guest

These went down a treat!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Banana & Passionfruit Pancakes

I saw this in the Coles newsletter and I thought it sounded so deliciously mouthwatering that I had to post it!

Banana & Passionfruit Pancakes

INGREDIENTS
    2 cups self raising flour, sifted
    1 tablespoon caster sugar
    2 large eggs, separated
    2 cups Skim Milk
    170g can passionfruit
    2 large ripe bananas, thinly sliced
    Spray oil for cooking

Place flour and sugar into a medium bowl and gradually blend in milk, egg yolks and cup of passionfruit. Whisk egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into mixture.
    Heat spray oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add cup of pancake mixture to pan, arrange 8 banana slices over. Cook for approximately 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden and puffed. Repeat to make 12 pancakes.
    Serve pancakes with extra passionfruit.
    SERVES: 4-6

TIP: Use fresh passionfruit when in season. 170g can is equivalent to approximately 8 large or 10 small passionfruit.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Ooooooh they do sound good, yummy.

Yummmmm... cant wait until bananas are back in season and CHEAP again!

Default Lemonade Scones

HI, There was some talk in the BB 16-30 Jul 07 Thread about Lemonade scones, they are so easy and fast that I thought I would share with everyone.

4 cups SR FLour
    1 300ml tub of cream (plus extra cream for eating later)
    Pinch of salt
    1 can of lemonade

Put sifted flour, salt and cream in a bowl add lemonade gradually (because you won't need the whole can You should have enough lemonade over to have a couple of swigs for you.) and stir it all up to a dough just like you normally would.

Roll it out, cut it out cook it just in an average oven.

I know these don't look much like directions but seriously this is how I cook them and they are great, they are a wing it kind of thing, great last minute and no rubbing in the butter.

I hope this makes sence

My mum uses lemonade and it really seems to help make yummy scones!!!

I love these. Great idea. I would never have believed the difference the lemonade made until I tried them....you have inspired me!

It sounds too easy Becca. I'll have to try them. Thanks!

Default Need a waffle recipe!

Help!! LOL!

I'd planned on making waffles for Christmas Breakfast... "In the morning, I'm makin' waffles!" but can't find my waffle book. Does anyone have a tried and true waffle recipe?

Yep I do Its easy as... its also a great pancake batter...

It doesn't involve all that hard work like whisking egg whites Unless you want one with whisked egg whites LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Nah, it's Christmas morning Cai, I think I'll go for nice and easy but yummy all the same.

Thanks honey

OMG I just had the hugest FREAK OUT! I could not find my recipe book (my own personal little book that I write recipes in and put recipes in)... gonna pass it over to Paris (or Seth LOL) some day... Found it... and only minus a few hairs...

Ok Waffle Recipe...

1 Cup SR Flour
    2TBS Sugar
    1 TBS Oil
    1 Egg
    3/4 Milk
    1 Tsp Vanilla

Mix together... Now I think this makes about 4 waffles... So you may want to double even triple it depending on how hungry you are... Now these aren't super fluffy waffles, but they are very good none the less

I'm soooo sad my waffle maker burnt out We normally have waffles xmas morning too...

*cry*

Oh and its a superb pancake recipe...

*hugs*
    Cailin

Ah Cailin you're a legend again.....and I get you on the recipe book thing too. Glad you found it.

I wasn't real keen on whisking egg white Chrissie morn especially since Darcy is totally not a fan of the mixmaster. This is just what I need.

Thanks Cai baby. I so hear you stressing about YOUR recipe book. Glad you found it.

I love my waffle maker, but dont tell shane - he bought it for me last Christmas!!! I have the Woddle one, that makes waffles like penguins. It was only about $25 I think, and its really great. Jenna loves them
    And I do the beaten egg white. The waffles come out so nice with them like that
    OOh - I think we might have waffles this morning!

Ooh, maybe I need a recipe with beaten egg whites in them if they are so good. Fi, Kim or Cai, can you please post it so I can make an 'informed' decision! Thanks

LOL I've had both and there isn't *that* much difference cept for the hard work LOL!

Fi go ahead and post your recipe I might try it when I get a *new* waffle iron.

Sarah has that waffle maker (or should I say aaron) she made me vegemite and cheese woddles when I was there... They were yummo!

I prefer the original waffle iron shape though, there's just something about butter and maple syrup getting caught in all the little squares... I WANT WAFFLES!!!!!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast