Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pancakes, Pikelets and Scones

Tegan buttermilk is skim milk that is slightly sour. It's acidic nature when mixed with self raising flour creates bubbles of air in the pikelet mixture which makes them lighter, flufflier and gets the tunnels of air in the pikelet when cooked. Low fat milk can be substituted.

We're having milo pancakes for dessert tonight Nothing to major for dinner, so we can have our pancake pigout after

*TamaraP* Guest

We are having Pasta Bake for dinner, an hour later we are having Cinammon Pancakes with rasberries, strawberries, cream and sugar/lemon.

Milo Pancakes????!!!!?? How do you do those Sarah???

ETA: Ok just saw the recipe a few posts up! Doh!
    Last edited by wardygirl; February 20th, 2007 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Doh!

Oh yum, Milo pancakes for us tonight too!!

LOL Rachel! I just made them ready for tonight & they are deeeelish

Aaand Tegan I just used regular milk & they are perfect.
    Last edited by {sarah}; February 20th, 2007 at 04:55 PM.

*TamaraP* Guest

Well, how was everyone's pancakes?

I made the Milo pancakes - yummy.

I used our normal straight from the cow milk and used the no egg egg replacer, they turned out fine

Ours were wonderful too, Zander was too tired so had his for breakfast today!

*TamaraP* Guest

I have some left over so going to make more tonight.

lisa&boys Guest

My son actually came home yesterday and said that I was being given the night off and he was cooking dinner. Was so cute. So he made pancakes and we had them with the good ole maple syrup. Yum Yum

Talking Bill's Ricotta Pancakes with Honeycomb Butter...

This has got to be one of my favourite pancake recipes. So unbelievably light and fluffy! But TBH the butter goes with ANY pancakes (even great on toast LOL)...

Ricotta hotcakes - Bill Granger
    1 1/3 cups ricotta To serve
    3/4 cups milk banana
    4 eggs, separated honeycomb butter, sliced
    1 cup plain flour icing sugar for dusting
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    a pinch of salt
    50 g butter

Place ricotta, milk and egg yolks in a mixing bowl and mix to combine.
    Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Add to the ricotta mixture and mix until just combined.
    Place egg whites in a clean dry bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites through batter in two batches, with a large metal spoon.
    Lightly grease a large non-stick frying pan with a small portion of the butter and drop 2 tablespoons of batter per hotcake into the pan (donít cook more than 3 per batch). Cook over a low to medium heat for 2 minutes, or until hotcakes have golden undersides. Turn hotcakes and cook on the other side until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and quickly assemble with other ingredients.
    Slice one banana lengthways onto a plate, stack 3 hotcakes on top with a slice of honeycomb butter.
    Dust with icing sugar. Serves 6-8

Note Hotcake batter can be stored for up to 24 hours, covered with plastic wrap
    in the refrigerator.

Honeycomb butter
    250 g unsalted butter, softened
    100g sugar honeycomb, crushed with a rolling pin
    2 tablespoons honey

Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Shape into a log on plastic wrap, roll, seal and chill in a refrigerator for 2 hours. Store leftover honeycomb butter in the freezer Ė itís great on toast.

I didn't have any banana so I didn't use it. I made half the butter and it was sufficient although I used 80g crunchy and about 125g butter. I whacked the log in the freezer whilst I made the batter. But what you could do is make the full batch and save the leftovers in the freezer as suggested But if you want to (and I would recommend it) use an extra crunchie (I used 2 x 80g for 250g butter) it tastes better. I just whacked the packets on the bench, to break it up, and then poured it into the food processor. Make sure you get chocolate coated honeycomb whatever you do as IMO it tastes better, the chocolate goes all melty and gooey over the pancakes and its pure HEAVEN! I also used my spring loaded ice cream scoop to dish out the batter and it worked PERFECTLY

DELISH What a perfect way to start the weekend! And everyone happily devoured the lot! LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

OMG Cailin.. how bloody good do these sound... I am going to have to cook some soon... I am a real pancake feen....... leis x

I NEEEEEEEDDDDD pancakes. Have nothing here to make them, so next best thing. Actually better. I'm off to mummy's house so she can make them for me

Pancakes oh yum, DH and Maria have gone out so I think I might make some up if I have enough eggs

Hope your pancakes were good Louise. Mine were yummy as. Even better I didn't make them.

yep they were yummy, just the washing up afterwards was a pain.

Well thanks girls you got me all craving pancakes, im going home to make them now! I can just taste them!! I love the basic pancake with nutella.. mmmmm....

Good thing i cooked double last night, so i dont have to cook dinner, just make pancakes!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast