Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: teenager girl chat

I have found that baging the friends makes them more attractive so i have just been nice to all of them and let her have them over etc and when she realises they are bad news I am supportive!

Its so hard when friends are the problem, and even harder not to tell them how much you cant stand them. My dd has one particular friend i dont like and i have made excuse after excuse when she asks if she can have a sleep over at her house, but i am running very short on excuses now.

well ladies clarissa is having her 13 birthday party tonight
    10 girls for a sleepover party and boys are coming not to sleep but yeah im a little worried havent had a teenager party before .
    im hoping i donrt have to be a scary mum and go off ive already told her no smoking no alcohol and no making out in my loungeroom .
    although its only a 13 party i thought you never to know
    anyway let you know guys how it went tommorow thats if i get some sleep

OMG you brave woman you!! I'm shuddering at the thought... finger's crossed you don't have to put the scary mum hat on, and that they all behave themselves.

OMG are you insane???? LOL
    Hope it goes well and you live to tell the tale.

Shazza that is something i would do. I hope it turns out ok. I am of the opinion though that i would rather have my children under my roof than out and about somewhere i cant supervise. Whether they like it or not.

sharpay Guest

Smile

Hi just reading everyones opinions on teenagers I have a a daughter who is almost 14 and I have to say she is great she might on occasion have her bad days but I really cant complain.I also have 2 other daughters that are younger and they are pretty good as well.My oldest has got some great friends that I really trust and they tell me everything we are all pretty open with each other which I think is fantastic.I just hope it stays that way!!!

Hi guys, hope this thread is still ongoing as I could do with it now. Some where to vent!
    I'll give you the run down on my saga.....
    DD 14 has been going on and on about msn for a while and as DP and I are not computer people we said we wanted to check it out 1st to make sure its safe.( she can be naive)
    Anyway, 2wks ago she was banned from the computer for bidding on Ebay without permission but she has this huge school project to do so she can go on but only for homework. on fri I ctch her on msn (she has`installed herself after getting an account at a friends)Sun I catch her again and we argue and on Tues find out she is on Ebuddy laughing at how she`is out smarting us (and to her younger bro).SHe lies to my face about this until I come up with proof and to top it off yesterday she goes to the library while I am at sport practise with DS, on msn and then home to make long distance calls to her best friend to ***** about how bad her life is!!! Am I such a terrible Mum? AM I being a hard Mum and too tuff? Would appreiciate your help !

Kezza i know exactly what are you talking about my dd is 12, we dont like her on computer without supervision as we found a few things and sites she looked at we were not happy about. We ticked the keep a copy of all conversations on her msn so we can read all her conversations, and we only do this because of the way she had behaved on an earlier conversation with someone that was not appropriate for a 12 year old. Dd is not allowed on computer without us and isnt allowed on particular sites or she looses the priviledge of using computer. We know her msn password and check often the people she has on her list and also read her emails, i know this may sound a little over the top but the internet is not safe for curious teens, but that is my opinion. Dd is aware that we check and she didnt like it at first but now she accepts the fact that if we dont have acess either does she. I think though the more you ban your dd the more she will sneak around, so maybe set some boundaries and see if that helps. Good luck.

Kezza, have a read of the other threads in here, there is some good perspective in here somewhere.

I just say to give her a little room to prove herself...

hey kezza
    i know where you are coming from
    i have 2 girls who both go msn and they both tell me they know who they are talking to but it still scares me .and my 13 is so addicted to it she will wait to i go to bed then jump on the computer .i got up one night and it was 2am and she was sitting on the computer she has been banned ever since .
    at the moment she is grounded as she was meant to be a freinds house the other night and she was meant to be home by 8.30 she didnt rock up until 11.30 i could have killed her and she just dosent get here that i nearly died of worrying kids just dont care anymore i would have been way too scared to come home at that hour at that wasnt the worse of it they were meant to be at her house but they were in the bush at a campsite with 5 boys .its scary being a mum of a teenager

Thanks Abb and Lulu, I think you're right.... when she gets off her ban we will sit down and talk about it and maybe do as you said.
    Shazza, man these teenage girls know how to push your buttons don't they!!!One of my DDs friends does the same as your DD, they have caught her on it after they have gone to bed too! A bit harder for mine cos the family room is next to our room and we leave the door open to listen out for the baby.I know what you mean about how they don't think or understand about how scary it is for us when we don't know where they are, they are so sure that they could get themselves out of any trouble, they are bullet proof they think. I keep saying to her I just need to know because if there is trouble and I don't know where you are then how can I come to help you? She thinks that cos we live in a smallish country town that nothing could happen here, I tell her that you don't always know who is visiting from out of town though.

hi ladies, just thought I would bump this thread, and see how we are all doing with our gorgeous teenage daughters.

I have noticed that laura's moods move with her cycle. about 2 weeks before af arrives she starts getting cranky and irritable, and unable to control her behaviour. it builds and builds til she finally explodes, and it ends with a massive arguement between us. the last one, about a week ago, was particularly unpleasent, with her pushing me physically, and her taking off for 2 hours. Dh and I went looking for her 3 times, driving up and down our road. We live in a rural area, with a very long road. by the time it got to 5 o'clock I was convinced she had been abducted, and was laying in a ditch raped and murdered, and was becoming quite hysterical. I was very unhappy with how I had behaved, it was not one of my better mothering moments. I ended up finding her, sitting under the bridge that runs over the creek that makes up part of our driveway, sitting there crying. about three days later af arrived. I'm thinking of trying her on evening primrose oil, and b6.
    Anyone else noticed significant behaviour changes in their daughter premenstration? and have you tried anything to "treat"it?

My dd sounds similiar, i have just started to notice the same behaviour around a week or so before af. I have decided to take her to a naturapath as she is so tired all the time and even worse around this time. I know how difficult it is when it first arrives, dd has only had hers for a few months and last week i found her in tears sitting on her bed, i asked what was wrong and she said "i hate my period", she had swimming at school for the whole week so i new she was finding it hard to cope.
    Ikwym with being unhappy with how you behaved, personally sometimes i can really overreact the situation i have done this many times and when i sit back and think about it i feel like an idiot in a way. Dd has her moments lately, she can be fantastic and very helpful with ds but then she can be a total b*^%@ too when she wants to be. We are still having issues with Dp and her, he just wont back off sometimes and it gets very frustrating as she just doesnt listen to a thing he says and admits it, the other day he asked her to do something and i repeated it and said to her did you hear what we just said and her comment was i heard u i just chose to ignore you. Omg i thought i was going to erupt, if i had said that to my parents when i was her age i wouldnt be here today. I would never had been game to say something like that anyway. Anyway thats my little whinge, glad you bumped it up again Tiggerandpooh.

i've had endless battles with both my DD's to the point that both have left to go back to their father and then ooops! realised that he wasn't the hero he makes himself out to be. after four months, DD2 is coming home, having made a sideways apology for her behavious - but i'm setting much firmer ground rules this time. i love her dearly but refuse to be her punching bag again.

Hi everyone, I have to agree about their cycle affecting their behaviour , I have noticed that with my DD too.But like you Dragonfly I won't be her punching bag. A bit of lee way is fine but they will need to learn to deal with hormones just like everyone else. I too am still having problems with her and DP , fault on both sides though. Last night she he
    called him a d***head, af is on its way!!Don't you feel like its liking tight rope walking sometimes trying to keep everyoneif not happy then not angry at each other!!

absolutely, Kezza. i never thought being a mum would entail also being an arbitration judge!

here here! ditto!!!!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast