Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Acupuncture success after a zillion miscarriages!

Dominque Guest

Default Acupuncture success after a zillion miscarriages!

Hello,

I miscarried at 12 weeks nearly 2 years ago. Since then I have had about 12 early miscarriages. I would use the early pregnancy tests and have a very faint positive line and then my period would come! It happened so many times it was getting beyond a joke. I have a blood clotting disorder called Factor V Leiden so it was just assumed that this was what was causing the miscarriages and I was told to take aspirin. I'd had enough and decided to see a Chinese acupuncturist (Bill Wong in Murrumbeena, Melbourne) who has great success with fertility. He said that he didnt think it was my blood clotting disorder that was the issue but that in Chinese Medicine my body was too cold. My womb wasn't acting like an incubator and so it couldn't sustain the pregnancy, hence all the early miscarriages. And yes I am always cold, freezing hands and feet so I had to agree.
    I have only had one month cycle of weekly treatment and I have for the first time in nearly 2 years a strong positive line (yeah). I am only day 26 but even if this time isn't meant to be I really feel that we are on the right track.
    The treatment is weekly acupuncture plus very importantly, no food that isn't cooked. Raw food is too cold for the body! So no salad, fruit, nuts, cold drinks etc but not the end of the world really.
    Just thought I would share this with anyone who also may feel that their body being too cold is an issue.
    Cheers,
    Lisa.

Congrats and what a great AP story

Hi Lisa

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with acupuncture. I am onto my second cycle of acupuncture this month, but aren't going weekly at this stage. Am just going a few days before ovulation and then around day 20/21 to help strengthen any potential implantation. So I've got my fingers crossed that it won't be too long until I've got a strong BFP too! I wish you all the best with a strong & healthy pregnancy this time around.

Thanks for sharing you story Lisa.

It is amazing how differently these treatments look at things and give hope. I've recently had an initial consult with an accupuncturist and discussed herbs etc but she did mention the body temperature and it needing to be like an incubator.

Good luck.

Congrats on the BFP i have my fingers crossed this is a nice sticky bub in you your tummy its an amazing story good luck honey.

Munchy xxx

Congrats on the BFP, I too went down the natural medicine path with accupuncture, pulse therapy and herbs, and got pg on the third cycle (after the drs told me IVF was my only option..)

Wowee, I have just come back from my first visit to a Chinese acupuncturist and herbalist this afternoon.. Reading this is amazing, I too, have been told that my body is too cold and that my kidneys are getting weaker with each mc. I am going weekly for acupuncture and cupping (think that's what it is called) and have to take this horrid concoction of herbs each day. At this stage, I am willing to give anything a go. I'd be interested to hear any one else's success..

Hi Lisa
    Congratulations. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy. Sending you lots of sticky vibes.

Nic,
    The kidneys are very impt to be able to maintain a healthy pg, if your Kidney's are 'cold' and dont have proper function and circulation, your body may not be able to hold a pg. My problem was different, but I only have one fallopian tube (one removed due to ectopic pg) and i was have problems concieving after that, with one miscarraige a year later, drs were thinking Id have to undergo IVF to be able to get pg. After 3 cycles of accupuncture, pulse therapy and herbal concoctions I got pg, I even drank a featal support tea to help maintain the pg until the 13wk mark. My NP says there is no reason why a healthy tree cannot bear fruit, so if these treatment you are doing helps bring you to optimum health then it might just work in getting you preggo good and proper.

Wishing the best of luck,
    Lisa

Congratulations lisa, wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months. Glad the acupuncture has worked for you. Great story.

Lisa, congrats on the pg, you must be stoked after being told that IVF was the only way to go.
    I am so hoping for this to work for me, if you click on my FF charts and scroll through, you will see that I have had a m/c plus a few chemical pg and I just can't seem to hang on to them. I have 3 healthy children that I conceived in the first couple of months of trying and just feel let down by my body and don't have a very supportive gp. He asked my why was I going to continue to put myself through this and why don't I just give up because I have 3 children.. He told my that because my BT's were all good that it is probably just bad luck.. Pretty ordinary thing to say huh. I wish you all the best in your pg and will let you know how I go.. xx

Hi gals, sorry to confuse me with the other lisa who posted above, ive already had my little miracle bub.

Nic - I would change GP if I were you and probably seek a good OB who will support you through this. I found that most GP's are pretty ordinary when it comes to fertility issues, when I went to get my pg confirmed for my referral letter, he told me not to get too excited about the pg WTF?? Well I walked in there the other day with my bub and he was little suprised as I havent been there since last year!

Obviously there is something amiss for you not to be able to hold on to your angels, I hope that your NP can really help you to carry another bub to term, it doesnt matter whether you have none or 3 children, the desire is the same so dont let no one tell you not to give up on your dream of baby no.4.

I also used progesterone cream - maybe you should ask an OB to check your hormone levels? Just a suggestion.

BOL,
    Lisa

LisaL - Your gp must have been really shocked to see you with a bub. I have given up on this gp that I see now, I recently had a tumour cut out of behind my ear by him and when I went back to get the stitches out I said well it must all be ok cause you would have rung me by now if it were bad. He said no don't assume that I would call you, I just glance over the results and sometimes forget to follow up.. WTF.. I hope that I am on the right path now with the chinese AP and medicine because I don't know how much longer I can go on with this..
    Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, take care..

Dominque Guest

Hi there,

The other Lisa here that started the thread. Just thought I would update you that I have had a blood test this week (5 weeks) and hCG (pregnancy hormone) is right up the end of the high range, almost into the 6 week range and my progesterone is 120 and the range ends at 130. So hormones looking good
    After 2 years, I cant begin to tell you what a relief this is.
    Having an ultrasound next week with OB just to confirm pregnancy but I feel very confirmed already!
    Still having my weekly acupuncture. Weekly sessions until 12 weeks and then monthly. Still eating my cooked warming food and nothing raw or cooling
    There's hope!

Cheers, Lisa M

Melbourne
    MC 12 weeks Feb 2006
    Factor V Leiden (increased risk for blood clots)

Sending you lots of sticky vibes hun and Im sure you will be so delighted when you see your little bean next week.

Merry Christmas sweety, and im sure its going to be a fab new year for you!

Lisa L

LisaM - that is great news huni, I am hoping that I get the same success. I am now about 2dpo and have been having the ap and taking herbs cause my incubator isn't the right temp either. Take care and I hope you have a h & h pg.. xx

Dominque Guest

Nicambhar - best of luck and great to hear form someone else whose womb isn't warm enough too!
    I am now just over 7 weeks. Had a scan last week and the OB said I was exactly 6 weeks. Saw the heartbeat which was SO reassuring.
    My acupuncturist has gone away for 2 weeks, can't blame him as he deserves a holiday, but can't wait for my next session with him on the 3rd Jan.
    Last time I saw him he told me he got cross with one of the women he had helped to become pregnant who had the "cold" issue like me. She had eaten a piece of fruit for breakfast and started spotting 2 hours later. She rushed in for acupuncture and the bleeding stopped and all was okay. He drummed into me that everything I eat MUST be cooked. I haven't dared to not follow his advice after this success after TTC for SO long!
    Nicambhar - have you been told to avoid certain foods also and been encouraged to eat others which are warming???
    Lisa L - thanks for your best wishes.

Lisa M xoxoxo
    Melbourne

Lisa M - I am glad that your pg is going well, and to see a hearbeat, you must me stoked. My AP is on holidays for 2 weeks too and I am starting to get a little antzy without him. I just so look forward to the sessions. I have been told to avoid dairy, spices, ginger - he said even though I have the "cold" issue the ginger is almost as hot as the sun, no alcohol, lamb and no cold drinks.. I was also drinking too much water, he said that was making my body too damp causing me thrush and exzema. I am nearing the end of my TWW now but don't feel as though it will happen becauase he said that it will take at least 5 months. Once again, congratulations on your pg and thankyou so much for sharing your story. xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast