Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: ? Progesterone problem

wow hj, you are 13 weeks, OMG!!!!!!!!!

congratulation on reaching 13 weeks and GL with today's LAST injection!!

Thanks everyone but i have bad news!!!

Here goes - went to doc yesterday to get BT result and another progesterone injection and im still on my injections for another couple of weeks as the placenta hasnt taken over! this is really getting me down - i feel like such a failure - im over travelling and hr to the doctors twice a week and than home again - im over getting there and the surgery never running on time and having to wait another hr+ - my backside is black and blue and very uncomfortable and for someone who sits on her ass for 10hrs a day a work its not pleasent - also twice a week im either late for work or im havin to leave early and have other ppl cover for me - it is really getting me down - So i have said to DH if we cant do these injections at home im stopping them on wk 14 and leaving it in gods hands - DH thinks im quitting which really hurts - i have given this my best shot - i dont want to stop but im getting really depressed!
    what else is there for me to do?

Oh hj

I'm so sorry to hear you so down, have you discussed with your Dr using pessaries/ gel? you know I have difficulty with these but they may not play havoc with you and I have read that you have used them before, is there any chance that you can use them again? it would be easy for him to write you a script.

Also regarding the injections- i know a lady who is a trained pharmacist and who did some research for me and it turns out that the injections are not made in Australia and so you would need to import the injections from O/S like UK or America. you can import 3 months at a time, i have the details of some companies that can do this if you are looking at self injecting at home - let me know

I hope that helps and once again I'm sorry.

Pita - thank you SOOOO very much - u have helped! i forgot about the pessaries! im going to ask doc about that on monday!!!! thank you so very much!
    my injections i havent got to speak to my doc about where he gets them from as he has been on holidays and another doc is given me my injections!!! so havent found out where he gets them from - or what its called exactly but last time i saw a "THINK" PHARMACY sticker on them! thanks for the reminder again about the pessaries!

I don't have anything profound to say, just wanted to send a cyberhug. I really do understand how frustrating all these technologies are, even though at the same time we're lucky to have them. Keep your chin up!

Hi HJ,
    I can totally relate to the being over the inconvenience of having to be in a certain place at a certain time. IVF is like that too and it feels like your whole life is being taken over by doctors visits and blood tests.

Try not to feel like this
    i feel like such a failure
    as you are not a failure. This is only one thing that your body can't do. Perhaps try to look at the positives ie. you can get pregnant, you can carry that baby (with a little bit of help) and at some point your placenta will kick in. one of the mums in my mums group always said " we all need help with something to do with our babies". and it is true, out of my mums group some needed IVF to conceive, some c/s to deliver, some help with breastfeeding. so maybe this will be the thing you need help with but everything else will come easily to you.
    As far as the injections go, do you have a nurse friend/neighbour that can give them to you? the doctor should still be able to provide them and someone else could give them to you. good luck

I don't have anything to say except

Congrats!!!! We were pregnant and M/C in July together and I am so happy to see that things have gone better for you this time. Wishing you all the best and try and be patient with the annoyances that have come with the doctors. Here's hoping that the time flies until your wee babe is here!

Hey Everyone!!

NT SCAN is done!! and boy was it alot of fun!!! it took over an hr cause peanuts wouldnt wake up and move in the right position! peanuts is a cheeky bugga!!! and a thumb sucker! at one stage it was sooo funny to see the mouth open than the lil tounge and than the big desicion on which thumb to suck!
    but anway my risk factor is as follows - Trisomy 21 - 1:16826
    Trisome 13/18 - 1:38651 - so all good!
    HB 158 BPM - Crown-Rump 7.5cm
    Nasal bone present - skull/brain - seen, heart - seen, spine - seen, abdo - seen, stomach - seen, bladder - seen, hands - seen, feet - seen!!!
    it all was soo awesome!

Anney - thank you sooo very much for your post - it has certainly made me see the light and it helped heaps! i just wish it was easy for all of us and that we didnt have to go thru these things! i now have my DH doing my injections for me and FS is going to try and ween me off them! so fingers crossed!
    i hope all goes well for u also!

Jayney - hello stranger - how are u going? i hope time flys also - the sooner i have the lil one in my arms the better!!!

hj I'm so glad to hear your NT scan went well, the results sound great!
    How cute about the thumb sucking.... just adorable!!
    Good to hear DH is giving you the injections now & saving you all that travelling & waiting around. I do hope the doc can ween you off soon hun & you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy without any hiccups!!

Wishing you all the best
    xxx

HJ, i am SOOOOOO glad to hear some good news!!!

Great news HJ. You sound so positive today - hope everything continues to go well.

Thanks Anney - i hope u get ur precious lil bundle soon!!!

Kitt3n - how are u going with ur lil one?

i dont know hj, dont really feel preg anymore, but thanks for asking!

Dont worry too much about that - i still dont feel preg - was sooo worried that they wouldnt find hb yesterday - but over the moon too see one! all will be fine!!!

HJ
    That's great news!!!
    Just wait till your 18-20 week scan (I was told to get it done at 19-20 weeks as they can see more) you will love it as you can see more.
    I hope you don't have to have the needles for much longer.
    Good luck.
    Chris

Thanks Chris - gosh ur pretty far along - that has gone fast! my 19wks is already booked for the 27th of may! woo hoo - i will be 2 days before 19wks tho! have u felt bub yet?

Hi
    At the moment it feels like it has taken forever as I have had a few scares (can read my post in preg- m/c loss thread).

I am not sure about the feeling Pip as I have had some "sus" feelings (in the last few days) that have me wondering. But since it is my 3rd pregnancy that I have gotten past the first trimester I will probably feel Pip earlyer. So I am waiting for more movements to make sure it is Pip.

When do you have your first Anti natal visit at the hospital?

Chris

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast