Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: ? Progesterone problem

okay - sorry to hear u have had a few scares - i will read ur threads and catch up!
    no idea when my first anti natal appt is - i have no idea how this stuff works - so im going to chat with my ob tomorrow when i see her (i cant wait to say hello to peanuts again)

mummytobeinnovember Guest

Hi HJ1981, I suffered my second miscarriage in a row today at 9wks, my first was at 5wks.

I have to go for a d&c tomorrow and then start the healing process.

I can't bear to go through this again, I'm interested in learning more about increasing progesterone levels before I try again.

Would you be able to send me details of your FS? Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks

Have just seen this thread and found it so interesting. I wish I knew of it when TTC our DD! I too was on prog pessaries and injections after a m/c and diagnosed with low prog. HJ- are you still getting the injections? Don't want to put you off but I had them until 32 weeks! My DH always did them for me- twice a week. We got the prog (on prescription from a FS) at a compounding pharmacy in Perth.
    Mummytobeinnovember- I am so sorry to hear of your m/c- it is such an awful, awful experience. Good luck with your d & c. Where are you in Aust?

I was so thrilled to hear how well your scan went! Still keeping you guys in my prayers--you keep us posted!

Deirdre - you were on them until 32wks!!!!!!!! oh my gosh!!!! now i dont feel too good!
    my DH is starting my injections for me tonight - im soooo scared he is going to get the wrong spot or something. but oh well its worth it in the end!!!

mummytobeinnovember - i read and posted in your thread - im sooo sorry of your loss - i know its not a easy thing to go thru! i will gladly send u my fs details - once again im sorry - if i can help or give advice on anything just let me know!

Tempus - Thank you - i think its your prayers that are getting us thru!

mummytobeinnovember - i was going to PM the details to you - but i cant PM you?!

HJ- don't worry too much about the injections (as in getting the right spot). The area that you want to get is rather large so mistakes don't happen too much. It was better as a quick jab rather than a slow deliberate needle entry! Some of mine hurt on entry (a quick sharp pain) and others hurt on exit and others didn't hurt at all! The place where they went got itchy though and I swear that I still get that itch occasionally now. We just kept waiting for the placenta to take over in progesterone production but it never did. Doesn't happen often but it isn't a rare thing. I just kept telling myself that it was all for a good cause and I would do it all again tomorrow just to have our darling baby. In fact if I had to have them everyday I would- it is very much worth it.

Great news to hear that you can still continue with treatment!!

Might not be the same for me - I got some bed news following my D&C last week!

was wondering if you could tell me the name on the injections now that you have them at home

Thanks

what happened at your d&c if u dont mind me asking? are u okay?
    The injections are just called Progesterone - i will double check it but im pretty sure thats what its called!

I survived my first shot given by my husband! i was sooo packing it - but it wasnt too bad - he wouldnt let any of the other firies at the station hold my hand tho

Deidre - im glad u had a nice beautiful healthy baby in the end - my other worry was if my placenta never takes over would my bub be okay and would it get all the nutritician etc that it needs to get - chatting with u has certainly made me see a light at the end of the tunnel! its always good to talk to someone who has been thru the same thing! Thank you!

I was worried about the placenta too as I thought it had to produce the prog itself. But blood tests showed that I kept needing it and the FS took me off it at 32 weeks (actually it may have been 34??)as she said that it would be ok now if baby was born now. Funnily enough despite having such low (non-existent pretty much) prog all through pregnancy baby had to be induced at 42 weeks and she was and is very strong and healthy. The only other person I know with low prog right up to the end of third trimester is my sister! She had 4 chn with no probs then low prog with her 5th and on injections till week 32. I was also on pessaries every day (2 a day) until about week 20-25?? Despite the injections and pessaries by prog level still stayed very low and the preg was without any complications. There def is light at the end end of the tunnel and how bright it is!

Hello Everyone - just thought i would let u know the latest with me and peanuts!
    Got blood test result back yesterday and my progesterone is taking off! looks like my placenta is doing what it is suppose to do!!!!! so know im on 1 injection once a week for the next two weeks and than hopefully will be able to stop them all together!!! Im sooooo VERY happy!!!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi hj1981,

I've let this thread go longer than usual (we usually close threads at 140 posts) but unfortunately the time has now come for me to shut up shop.

Have you thought of starting a pregnancy blog? You can start one here: Blogs, and if you need any help, post in Blog Tips & Help and a mod will help you out. That way your fans can still catch up on what's happening with you.

Good luck!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213