123412 ...

thread: ? Progesterone problem

Aug 2007

MrsB26 and Catrionalee - thank you soo very much for your well wishes! i will be sure to keep everyone posted on what happens with me from here!
    I hope things start to go smoothly for all of us soon!

Oct 2007
    Pennsylvania

Sorry for your loss, hj1981. Prayers and best wishes.
    What does CD mean? Conception Day?
    Also, I've heard of natural progesterone cream sold in health food stores. Has anybody used it or know anybody who did and how did it work out for them?

Aug 2007

CD means cycle day!
    heard of it but havent used it! not yet anyway!

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2007

Hi Harmony, I used progesterone pessaries to sustain this pregnancy. I fell naturally but was seeing an FS for other stuff. When the clinic confirmed my pregnancy, the nurse asked me if I would like the pregnancy tracked via BT's until 12 weeks. Best $160 I ever spent!

I am convinced I would have lost this bubba if I didn't track it. HCG was perfect all the way, but prog started falling at about Week 5. Started on the pessaries until the placenta kicked in at about Week 11.

Best of luck with your TTC journey. One MC was bad for me, I cannot imagine the pain of two. I hope your bubba is very close.

All the best.

SG
    xoxo

Aug 2007

Thanks SG - i think my next PG will be tracked via BT - i too will do anything i have to do! im soo happy that all is going well for you! your another person that gives me hope!
    Just thought i'd let you all know that after a long wait AF turned up on friday! so now the charting begins!
    Also we have our next appt with FS on tuesday so i will let you all know how that goes! i should have the results of first lot of BT than too! fingers crossed for no bad news!

Nov 2006
    Somewhere Over The Rainbow

hey HJ - my AF showed up on thursday , ah we are so close!!
    i dont think we will start trying straight away though - taking preconception vitamins and have started my charting though.
    interesting to see how you go tomorrow!!

Aug 2007

wow we are close!!! i have decied we are going to wait another mth 2! will be good and do a mth of charting to help the FS out! hopefully both u and i have a happy 2008!!!!

Aug 2007

what tablets are u taking?

Nov 2006

ive gone all out and bought the blackmores pre conception gold. tehy are pretty expensive, but if you shop around you can get them for around $33 for a months supply. i have also started taking this inliven stuff and i must admit i feel pretty good. it does look and taste like poo though!!!

Aug 2007

Yeah i have brought that blackmores stuff aswell! ive stopped the elivet and gone on to blackmores!
    what the inliven for?

Nov 2006

its sold here on through belly belly - it says on the bottle "probiotic super food".
    just an all out cleanser i guess, i fell for the comments in the banners and had to try it!!!

Aug 2007

HAHAHA Let me know how it goes!!!

Oct 2007
    Pennsylvania

Congrats on AF, hj1981. You too, catrionalee. Hope we all get BFP's before long!

Mar 2007
    outer South East Melbourne

hj - choose your doctor well as neither my GP nor my OB would test my progesterone whilst pregnant as they did not believe it was necessary. This was after 3 m/c's and finding that I was estrogen dominant. I guess some doctors just don't believe in progesterone supplements so if you find one that does then stick with them.

Nov 2006

wow, thanks satya for the heads up.

Aug 2007

Satya - thanks for the heads up also! however i seem to have a good doctor this time round and he will test for anything and cause he knows what is going on with the FS he will definatly test my progesterone! My FS also has a seperate clinic and he is going to give me a shot of progesterone the moment i find out im pregnant so im very lucky in that case!
    some doctors are terrible arnt they!

Aug 2007

Oh forgot to let u all know - that i had my visist with FS this morning and my first lot of bloods are back - and at this stage everything is all good!
    He is getting me to continue on with my charting and the moment i get a temp rise (peak day) than i have to go for Blood tests every 2nd day to test my progesterone, oestrogen and few other things throughout the rest of my cycle! - so so far so good!
    DH's chromosomes blood test isnt in yet but should be by end of week and my will be in by end of next week!

Nov 2006

wow, really, every two days, even though you havent conc'd yet?

123412 ...