Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ? Progesterone problem

yep every 2 days! they want to monitor the progesterone throughout my cycle!
    im not going to complain - they know better and i will do whatever it takes to have a healthy preg!!!

wow, thats amazing, cant wait to see what it shows up!

HJ - i sent you a txt msg today not sure if you checked it yet but just checking to see how your FS appointment went today, i was thinking of you glad it went well hun.

Thanks Ren - sorry left mobile at home! yeah all went well! fingers crossed for a successfull 3rd attempt when that time comes!
    how u going? im still at work

yeah not bad hun, i'm in the 'boring' part of my cycle and just waiting for a few more days before we can start dtd!!! yay! the fun part! lol... i'll PM you

Good luck to everybody on this thread. I used to think I was so savvy about the monthly cycle, but I've learned so much since joining bellybelly!

Tempus - i know what u mean! i have learnt sooo much also! i think i might become a FS! HAHAHA

Just thought i would say - im not liking this whole charting thing and taking my temp! my temps are all over the place! it makes it hard being a shift worker cause u cant take your temp at the same time everyday!
    i dont think i will have much luck this mth!
    how is everyone else?

started taking my temps thsi month and have only done it twice lol!
    just wanna enjoy xmas and not focus tooo much on all of this, IYKWIM?

hj1981: I feel for you, hun--I'm a shift worker too, part time. Because I only work two graveyard shifts a week, I take my temps on my non work days and I can usually see an upward shift.

But maybe this can help. According to the Couple to Couple league manual, they say shift workers should take a temp after the longest and best rest of the 24 hour day.
    --or else, try taking them at two or three different times a day and record each reading in a different color. (ie when you wake up from your best sleep for that day: before you go to bed: at some other same-clock-time when you are not too active and have not just finished eating and drinking)

Hope you found that helpful and good luck! We've been practicing Natural Family Planning for many years.

catrionalee -- ummmumma - start taking your temp missy! hahaha

Tempus moriendi - thanks for that advice - i have been noting the times that i take my temps - however might take some extra ones throught out the day aswell! thank you!

My temp is slowly going down - does this mean im nearing O day? still havent had any signs of CM tho! is that normal?

hj1981: Some women see a dip of .1 or .2 degrees before O, but not always (I never did). The only way you know O has occurred is after the fact, once you've had an upward temp shift for 3 days.
    Forgive me for getting very TMI here. It depends on how you check for mucus. If you wipe with folded tissue every time before you use the toilet, you should see something. An NFP instructor told me recently (because I've been having problems with this too) that if you don't see mucus on the tissue, then notice how it felt when you wiped (ie dry? slippery? somewhere in between?).
    Some women do internal cervical checks.
    If you really don't find any mucus at all, you may want to try increasing your Vit A intake. Carrots, eggs, prunes, liver and organ meats.
    Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Tempus - MERRY CHRISTMAS - HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT DAY! you have been very helpful and its mucly apprechiated - i had a big drop in temp today! with small amount of CM - however when just sitting and doing everyday stuff i dont feel any of it - however (tmi sorry) when i wiped this morning i noticed a small amount - but nothing since - is that okay?
    hopefully my temp will rise and i will see more CM!
    As for increasing my vit A intake i might do that - but just with the eggs carrots and prunes! dont like that other stuff! hehehe

My dip in temp was .2 - hopefully i will know when O is occuring! dont want to miss that egg! hehehe

hj1981: First of all Merry Christmas. Second of all, sorry I haven't answered you before this, but I've been exiled to the land of no internet lately LOL and am just now catching up.

If you see mucus at any time of the day (even once) it "counts" for that whole calendar day.

Tempus - wow thats interesting and good to know - cause if i ever do get any CM its only at the start or end of day and thats it! i had the smallest amount yesterday morning and than nothing all day - did a OPK and the test line came up darker than the control line! so DH and BD the night before and yesterday! so hopefully im in with a chance - temp went down .2 yesterday and was the same this morning! my chart looks horrible! if u wanted to i could email it too you so u can see it!
    How was your New Years? How are things going with you?

Hello Everyone - just thought i would let you know how everything is going - well the charting is going well i believe my temps are doing what they should be doing - it indicated that i O on CD20 - so i went for my first of many more blood test today - now i go every 2nd day!
    My next appt with FS is on the 23rd of Jan - hopefully than a few of the BT results will be in and i might get some answers!!!!! one can only hope i guess!

How is everyone else?

Hi HJ. I just wanted to chime in to let you know that the herb Chaste Tree Berry (vitex) stimulates the pituitary to produce a hormone which makes progesterone. In about 1 to 3 months, estrogen dominance/low progesterone can be relieved. You must take enough, though, more than the recommended dose on the tincture/pills/whichever.

I would also do a liver cleanse - do you know your cholesterol levels? Cholesterol is needed for hormone production. Low cholesterol is as bad as high, just rarer and mostly ignored.

Evening primrose oil and fish oils are essential, your body can't produce hormones without essential fatty acids.

I also suggest Withania as a herbal also.

It isn't a coincidence that many pregnancy supplements now come with both Chaste berry and withania in them. But the doses are too small and they're made for those already pregnant.

Estrogen dom/low prog is entirely treatable naturally. There is always a cause, it's just finding that cause. Sometimes it's the ovaries, sometimes the hypothalamus, or liver, or adrenals, or a mixture of all of them.

I suggest you get a saliva hormone test, as complete as you can afford (you have to pay for this test), but if money is an issue, just get the basic test done, which will include progesterone, estrogen, DHEA and testosterone, around $100. You can get DHEA supps with a doc prescription, and they alone can change your life but you first need to know where the hormones are at. Have you had a saliva test? Blood tests for hormones aren't worth the paper the results are written on, other than as a very general guide. If your doc doesn't know how to organise a saliva test - and oddly, it's amazing how many don't - find one who does.

Many wishes.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast