Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Loss or Miscarriage ~ June 08 #2

Hello ladies..

Joey: Hi & welcome, sorry you have to be here but glad too that you found this wonderful bunch - hope your stay is short! i also tried to get pg before my first cycle after mc, but its good to at least go through one cycle as you can then chart it and see whats going on with your body - get to know it better. you should try temping. i found out i od late - so it'll help you with you ttc!

Plc:

Easha: could it be o spotting???

Krystielove: have been sleeping bit better, less tossing/turning. oh & im only dpo12, expecting af on wednesday, but i reckon she'll be late, seeing that i o'd so late. also expecting huge temp drop in a few days... you catch the eggie this month!

jenushka:

wherethere'shope: if my temps stay up there for the rest of 9 months then it will be fantastic! doubt it though...

jen: have you tested yet??? im getting impatient to see your bfp!!!

mollycat--lol, my addiction certainly helped with the decision to come home early, but don't tell DF! DS is doing much better, thanks for asking, he's in the pool as we "speak". When we stopped for lunch on the way home, he threw up a few times in the parking lot, but the air conditioner in the restaurant cured him in no time. His cheeks were so red for the last 2 days that we thought he was sunburned, but the air conditioner took all the red out of his cheeks, and cleared his eyes right up! I can't believe how hot it is here today, I heard that it was 112 yesterday, and that we broke a record! Even though it's just as hot here as it was there, it's just a relief to be home (and on the computer!) and not stuck in a shadeless camp spot! So it's Sunday, does that mean you're busy stripping walls? How's those temps behaving this time? Hope your headache has gone by now, and that things have been sorted with your pay! It really sucks when things like that happen!

pbstar--Good luck with the acupuncture/herbalist/fertility guru! Sounds like maybe you better not forget the honey! 6 wks. is a long time to wait, but you can't rush perfection, so you're blessed with a beautiful blessing!

tina--Aww, what a sweet thing to say! I thought for sure that I would be long forgotten after 5 days of being MIA. I'm SO glad to be home! Glad to hear AF has left the building--and good riddance, I hope you gave her a swift kick in the a$$ on her way out the door! Sounds like you're going to have yourself a BD fest next weekend! Good luck, it's sounds like a well-deserved vacation! Don't forget the movies! lol...(c'mon, everyone knew I'd say it! lol)!!! Isn't it cool to have a link to your chart on your sig? I still get exciting seeing my own! lol...

Van--Thanks, it was a beautiful temp jump, wasn't it?? Hey, maybe instead of counting sheep when going to sleep, you could try counting HPT's, or OPK's or something! Or how about all the diapers you'll be changing very soon! Maybe that will help cure you of your sleeping problem! Sending big hugs, I know how hard it is to function well when sleep deprived! My fingers are crossed for you for this month! March is a lucky month--it's the month I was born! lol...kidding... I mean, I was born in March, and it could be a lucky month, but you know what I mean! lol...

Acria--Wow, what a great way to send your baby back to the elements! Sounds really touching and beautiful! Good luck with the house hunting and with testing in 4 days! Praying it's a BFP!

joey--I would like to wish you a belated I'm so very sorry for the reasons that bring you here, but so very glad to have you here. The girls here were the only thing that helped to occupy my mind during those dark days, so I know without a doubt that you've come to the right place! I pray that your TTC journey is short and quick, and you're blessed with a BFP very quickly!

plc--Thanks for the kilo explanation--I'll do my best to keep up with the kilo talkin'! lol... Ahh, and I've always wondered what UTD stood for, now I get it--thanks! How's that sticky little bub coming along? Are you feeling better lately? Hope all's well with you, sending huge hugs!

Easha--Sorry to hear about AF--she's such a witch! I was also very interested in the Jonas theory/lunar conception--I say take every chance you can get and BD like bunnies if it's your lunar peak! Oh, but remember it's anytime 24 hours prior to the date shown! Good luck catching that egg!

Krystie--Thanks so much for keeping up with that list--you're awesome! And you're now free to resume stalking my chart--I updated it just for you! lol... I actually thought of that while I was out driving to the top of a hill trying to find a signal--that you would be looking for my temps! Ooohh, good luck with the big O (both of them! lol) You had me with the image of that poor little drowned eggie! No worries, they're great swimmers! Good luck!

megsmum--Sorry to hear about your sinus infection--those are the worst! Hope you're feeling better by now. Good luck with your appt. on the 27th. Prog sounds great, good to hear things are looking up!

jenushka--Glad to hear you'll be hanging out with us here for a while! Can't believe you're 5.5 weeks already! And your symptoms sound great, that's a great sign that all is well! Good luck getting an earlier appointment, I'm sure it would give you some peace of mind. Sending lots of hugs and sticky vibes your way!

WTH--Your chart's looking great, as well! Good luck for this month, fingers are crossed for you!

Lot's of hugs and hi's to everyone else. Thinking of you all always! I've run out of smilies, so here's a few tons of baby dust and sticky vibes for everyone! Can't even tell you all how much you were missed--it's great to be back!

p.s. has anyone seen my ticker? I seem to have lost it! Maybe it's mad at me for being gone for so long! lol... tried fixing it, but it couldn't find the page (wtf?), so I'll have to try again later.
    Last edited by jen805; June 22nd, 2008 at 10:38 AM. Reason: add p.s.

Van--I actually haven't tested, although I did bring one with me on the camp trip, but just never used it. I'm just worried that 10DPO would be too early... and really don't want to see a BFN. I got a free test with my Preseed order, but have to look and see when it can be used, i.e. first day of missed AF, or whatever. It's still packed out in the truck right now, it's too hot to unpack! The only other test I have is from the 99 cents store, and I think it's too early for me to test with that one. What about you? When do you think you'll test?

Hi Ladies,

Sorry this is just going to be a short one today....

Jen - Welcome back hun, we missed you....

Welcome to the newbies - sorry for your losses, I wish none of us had to experience it, but it did bring us all together and provide us with the most amazing support we could all imagine to help us through our ttc journey. We are very lucky to have each other and have such as amazing support and friendship - the ladies on here are gems!

FYI everybody - I have been doing a bit of research, and for those thinking about the Jonas theory, well.....each time that I have conceived...strangely enough, it has the been the months where my lunar cycle has fallen perfectly in line with my menstrual cycle Last month, when I conceived, I used the lunar calandar to see when my most fertile times were, and it indicated that it was the 24th May. This was cd15 for me, so it was also my most fertile time according to my menstrual cycle. Then when I got my BFP I typed my details into the pregnancy calander to check my EDD and it gave me a date for predicted conception, which was the 24th May - how strange! The lunar calander required no information about your cycle dates, only the date of your birth so it was pretty cool that they matched and then the pregnancy calander only required info about the date of your last af (and thus work out when you ov...but thats not the weird bit). So.....I went back and checked all the dates for lunar, menstrual and predicted EDD for each of my BFP's in the last year and they were all the months where each of these things were in line with each other....is this a coincidence?????

Anyway, my lunar cycle has indicated that my most fertile days for this month is the 22nd June (which is today), which is only CD 7 for me....because of the chem pg this month, i have been put out of whack with my lunar cycle...so im wondering how long it will take to get back in line with my lunar cycle???? Or if this even makes a difference???? Who knows hey?....but its definatley something to think about!

Anyway ladies - it didnt end up being that short but I just thought I would share that bit of info as a few of you have been talking about it lately. Ill be bbl for persies,

for all Issy
    Last edited by issy02; June 22nd, 2008 at 11:56 AM.

Hi All,

The dreaded flu has hit today so I feel crappy - sore throat and headaches

Just to clear up my comments about my blighted ovum. I certainly believed I was pg with a baby and when I found out I had MC I went through hell like I am sure you all had. All I am saying is I found it easier to not see a baby on the ultrasound. All there was was an empty preg sac, I think I would have been a little more messed up if there was a baby there. I also did not require a DC and was able to let me body do its thing so that also helped I think - a little less traumatic. Although it was still the worst time of my life and just typing this is bringing tears to me eyes.

My sister also just had a baby Thursday which I am so happy about but we were supposed to have babies together, we were 4 wks apart and she already has a son. Dont get me wrong I am estatic for her and love having a new nephew. I just want one of my own.

Issy - Your comments on the lunar cycle are fascinating... who would have thought, certainly some merit to that , I must also check the lunar phase when I fell pg last time.

Joey - my Dr told me to wait 3 months but I ended up waiting 4. I actually lost 12kgs over this time so maybe just focus on optimal health again until you feel ready again.

To all the ladies DPO

Hi all,
    Just got back from Perth, where I was visiting my 34 week pgt sister. We talked baby stuff, put together her Ikea nursery furniture and had a relaxing time. It was fantastic. Then today turned up and I realised that it is the day I started to spot with the last pregnancy, I had 10 days of spotting then a m/c. So now I'm knicker checking and stressed out of my head. So i'm back her with you lovely ladies reading throught the 10 pages of posts that i missed since last weekend. I've got my first scan and OB appointment tomorrow so that will help a little....

for all..

Mel--Good luck tomorrow with your scan and appt! Glad you enjoyed your time with your sis!

issy--Ooh, better get busy if your lunar calendar shows this as a fertile time! I read that even if AF were around during that time, there's still a good chance of conceiving! If it worked so well in the past, that's probably a great sign! Good luck, issy!

Hi Everyone. Wow, I'm MIA for less than 24 hours, and I can't beleive how much there is to read. How fantastic! DH and I spent today and yesterday painting. Not a lot of fun, but it had to be done. We had a carport built a couple of months ago and have been putting off painting it ever since. Well it seemed to take longer than we expected, with only a base coat done after 2 days!! Mind you, it is only 2.30pm, so we haven't done a full day today. We ran out of paint!! So will have to do the rest next weekend. Something fun to look forward to! NOT. Tonight we're off to dave dinner with a friend. It was her birthday a couple of days ago. She's TTC next month, so that could be exciting if we are UTD together!! She has had I think 3 m/c's so I'll be sure to invite her along to our little site.

KL - what a wonderful idea, tracking everyone's CD side by side. It's interesting to see. I really hope this is the month for you. Fingers crossed. I'm sure your little eggy won't drown - Go for it!

Jen, WTH, Vanaithi, LizJessie - Have you POAS yet? Looking forward to hearing a BFP from you all.

Jen - sorry to hear you had to cut your holiday short. Hope DS is feeling better. You mae me laugh when you said you climbed up a slide to try and get reception! That's something I would do!! I don't think 10DPO is too early. I tested at 10 DPO last time and it came up BFP, but I'm sure it would depend on the brand. I would suggest using the more expensive out of the ones you have. Can't wait to hear your BFP!

Molly Cat - Seems as though it's a painting weekend. But it sounds as though your DH is doing it without your help. How did you manage to get out of that? I need to know!!

Vanaithi - I started taking my temp and charting as soon as I had my m/c. Originally cause we were going to TTC this cycle, but since then, and on dr's suggestions, we have decided to wait a month. Am still temping anyway to see if and when I O.

Easha - Hope you're feeling better soon. I can imagine it would be hard to be happy for your sister. Of course you are, but I know what you mean. It like, "that's great, and congratulations, he's beautiful, but I WANT ONE!!" That's how I felt when one of the girls from work brought in her new born last week. I unfortunately, had to stay away. A bit too soon for me. I can't beleive you waited 4 months before TTC. Good on you! I can tell you now though, that I won't be doing that. I don't have that much will power! I have already been waiting a couple of years for my job to become permanent so we could TTC, so finally I have permancy, I WANT ONE NOW!! I am still eating as though I am pregnant (quality, not quantity, that is). No chocolate, alcohol, or anything like that, lots of water and trying to exercise every day. I figure this will give my body the best possible chance of recovering quickly and making my insides healthy for my next bubba.

Mel A - Good luck with your scan tomorrow. I know there's no point in telling you to try and relax. How is that possible. I can imagine being in the same boat in a month or two, and I know that's what people will say! Something you can do though is positive thinking. It's all going to be perfect this time. It's been good that you have been pre-occupied with your sister.

To everyone else - have a wonderful week. I'll try and catch up as best as I can, but the week is usually pretty hectic. I can't imagine how much I will miss out on if I don't log on for a week - so I'll do my best to stick my nose in each day.

to you all.

Joey

Hi Joey - and welcome - Sorry you have to be here but glad you found us.....

It was pretty easy to get out of this painting job - the room is just too small for two to be in painting, we would have been in each others way (and i'm pretty messy). Didn't get out of the last one, I did all the cutting in (although I got out of half of that because I'm too short - that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it). I'm sure I'll have to do the next room when we get that far. Although my eldest son, did paint the ceiling for us - helps cause he's tall.

Mel - good luck with your scan - glad you enjoyed visiting with your sister - i'm sure it helped you. Stop checking your knickers everything will be fine - maybe we can change your name to knickers lol.

Jen - half my pay has been sorted (at least I have been paid some of it, the rest will be processed again next week and hopefully will go through otherwise you'll hear some full on yelling and i'm pretty placid until you get me started. Tamoxifen is gone, headaches are gone, so now waiting for O and a bit of "playtime". Didn't get much done in the old kitchen, had to go to my parents place and empty part of their garage out from where it was crashed into so the builders can fix it. Just never stops... One day I'll have a weekend for what I want to do.

only one week of the TWW left till i can test, fingers crossed for you all

Jen.... you seriously crack me up.... YES... I m still lurking.... see just as bloody addicted!!!! ..... I went on a holiday with DH at Easter... a romantic get away.. after a bit of ummmm he falls asleep... and I get up... unpack my laptop.. connect up the the resort internet... and catch up on BB.... EVERY DAY..... so when I read your post about climbing hill tops....

I m still hanging around.. but I m mainly over in the Long Term TTC thread..... and occasionally the "older women" one. Thought I would pop back and see whats happening in here though... as I always do.

AFM I m halfway through my TWW. 7 days DPO and 7 days to POAS.... mind you.. bet I dont last that long... I think maybe another 5 days and i ll be POAS from there on. Its incrediably strange this time... a lot of strange feelings in the general area... as well as Nausea and indergestion. Having said that.. I know the last thing I need is to get all exceited. The other thing which is in 8 days... is my EDD for my little angels. Soooo I just dont think this little duckie is up for a double whammie.... I prefer to think that my little angels are fully aware that there time was near... and that they have sent down another soul for me. So throw around all the I m going to need it.

To everyone that has found themselves in this thread recently... My heart goes out to you.... You may float in and out of good and bad days at the moment.. but even though it feels like it could not be the case... it does get easier.... It might hurt like hell at the moment... but every single one of us knows where you are.. and knows how you feel... the biggest advice I could possibly give would be to ALLOW yourself to greive..... dont try and wish it all away...allow yourself to hurt... allow yourself to cry.. scream... be angry... whatever your emotion... ALLOW it. Its a process to go through and only by going THROUGH it... will the fog lift and you will be able to see the sun again..... you will still get the occasional bad day after that... but you will also get to the point where you have good days as well. ONE DAY AT A TIME. You are more than welcome to go through my web page below... its full of bits and pieces that helped me....Hope it helps you.

Jen - All hail the mighty Thermometer! Your chart is looking super!! Either you had some freaky chills going on for two days, or you have a great looking implantation dip. I'm definitely crossing my fingers for the second option
    I hope you DS is back to 100% now. Poor little mite! And hey, I thought they called "slides" "slippery dips" in your neck of the woods? No?... Maybe I just made that up then... I tend to do that. Made up a new word at work the other day. It was a doozy, so it's a shame I can't remember what it is now. My work mates are never sure if I actually make up words or if I just have a bigger vocabulary than them because I continue the conversation as if it's a real word

Vanaithi
    - I'm so glad you are sleeping better. And your chart is looking soooooo good!!! I can't believe how strong you are being and not testing yet. I'm such a sucker for early testing. I just can't help myself. I was too busy peeing on a stick when they were handing out will power and patience!

Issy - Any chance for a BFP is a chance I'm willing to take, whether it's scientifically proven or not, lol. I hope Mr Jonas' theory is working for you!!

Easha - I hope I didn't give you my cyber germs! Lol. Seems like wuite a few of us are catching whatever it is going around. I've told DH that I'm going to be all better tomorrow. Fingers crossed you will be too!

Mel - You must be so excited! You'll have to tell us alllll about your scan. You'll get to see a heart beat!!! Oh my, I get so excited about these things, hehehe.

Joey
    - I've been painting recently too. Mine were inside walls (hallway, front room, back room etc). It was fun at first... but the excitement really wears off quickly doesn't it?
    I hope your friend enjoyed her bday dinner with you!

Mollycat
    - I'm glad your headaches left when you finished the tamoxifen. Good luck with your "playtime"!!

Angel Babies
    - I don't believe in fate etc, but sometimes things happen in life that make me wonder if maybe I'm wrong... And other times I hope that there is such a thing as fate, because if there is, I am positive that you are pregnant right now. It would just seem "right" wouldn't it? Your angels would know how hard their EDD will be on you, and would want to do anything they can to help you thorugh it. Sending a little soul to you in your time of need might be their little "birthday" present to you sweetness!

Me: I'm still a sickie-bug. I'm convincing myself that I'll be on the mend tomorrow though. Don't know why I am still up though, lol. I only got home from work at 1.15am and I still have to convince DH to wake up enough to make a baby!

Super hugs to you all!

Krystie--lol... never heard of the term "slippery dips", but it's a good one! We just call them waterslides--how boring, I know! Feeling a little discouraged this am... POAS=BFN.... BUT, I do have to say that I used the test that I got for free with the Preseed, and it was also the test I took camping, so I'm sure the temperature could have had an impact on the results. I know for sure the temp went above what it says on the package! Also tried another chart at a different site today, and it put me at a different O day (it said I O'ed on CD15, but FF said CD13), which pretty much would put me out as far as BD'ing at my most fertile time. Think I'll stick with the FF chart, that one seems to correlate best with the signs I was having at the time! Or maybe it just didn't happen this cycle--I'm just not sure! But I would think that if it were an implantation dip that I had on CD7, then I would be able to get a + result by now, don't you agree? I'm realizing that we didn't BD as much as we should/could have during my fertile time--seemed like we just weren't that into it this month. Plus, we were going by a chart that was for conceiving a girl, so it said NOT to BD on days I had fertile CM, so I think that really cut my chances down for this month. Guess I'll know for sure in a few days... Hey you work for a vet, right? How is it you get home so late from work, is it a 24 hour clinic, or what? Better get busy and wake up DH, with O right around the corner, you don't want to miss that egg! Hope you're on the mend and feeling better after a good night's rest!

Angel babies--Glad you're still lurking, it makes me happy every time you post! Saying big that your angel babies have sent you a precious new soul just in time for their upcoming EDD! Sending you all the and :goodluck2: that you need, plus I've got everything double-crossed for you! I think seeing your BFP would make me happier than seeing my own!

bettyboop--Hope the second half of your TWW flies by, and you're blessed with a BFP at the end of it! Good luck!

mollycat--Glad to hear you're done with the Tamoxifen, and the headaches! Do you have a round about idea of when you should be O'ing? Make sure you get in all the "playtime" you can get so you can catch that little egg!

joey--Aside from being a little hoarse (probably from dehydration), DS is feeling much better today, thanks for asking! I'm not upset at all that the vacation was cut short, or I wouldn't be here, so
    woo-hoo for ruined plans! Now I just have to cancel my $60/mo. wireless internet since I only got it specifically for this trip! the things we addicts do for BB!! You'll see soon enough, I'm sure!

Mel--Good luck again for your scan today! Can't wait to hear all about that tiny little

Hi all - I just thought I would let you know that we had the 19 week morph scan last week and it all went brilliantly. The baby was measuring 1 day ahead and everything looked good. So that was a big weight off my shoulders. We also decided to find out the sex....so....its a girl! I was quite surprised as I had made up my mind that I was having another boy. It also means my DH won the bet we had going and I owe him 1 weeks worth of back massages. So I am now getting used to the idea of having a little girl around.

Thanks for all your lovely messages of support. Good luck to everyone in the TWW. I hope to see some more BFPs soon.

Katiegirl - congratulations on your bet DH is looking forward to all those massages. Good luck picking out all the pretty pink things

hello ladies...

jen, joey & krystielove: im not strong at all.. have poas at 7dpo, 8dpo, 10dpo, 12dpo... practically every day! all negative

issy: please tell me more about this lunar calendar & cycles, & how i can find out more??? thanks in advance!

katiegirl:

afm: this cycle is the longest i have ever had... my temp took a terrible dunk this morning... and af will come for me soon... im just so sad & angry that i o'd late & makes af late & wasted so much time... im feeling so emotional & weepy.. sorry everyone...

katiegirl - great new about your scan and that you are having a girl.

Good Morning wonderful ladies....

I've tried to catch up but I am just not getting anywhere. One thing is for sure though - we are due for some BFP's. They never seem to come one at a time so hoping to see lots of them again soon!

kategirl - glad all is going well with you and.... your little girl. Congrats to you and your DH.

I can see some newbies here - sorry for your loss. You will find wonderful support in here!

afm - doing fine. Just can't wait until I have my next scan & get to the end of the first tri. Have passed my milestone now - (although last m/c was missed anyway) - I am still having all the same symptoms so taking that as a good sign things are still progressing nicely. Have my NT scan on 10 July - that will be two weeks this Thu - guess who's counting down?!?! I just can't wait to tell our parents.

Sending you all lots and lots of

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast