Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss April/May 2007

Hi Ladies, I hope I can join in here... I've just had my first AF after a D/C and am rearing to go. Only, I have no idea what things like a luteal phase is or how to chart what?! Does anyone here drag their man to bed every couple of days & hope for the best? Cos I think I might be too disorganised for charting things regularly (seeing as I can barely floss my teeth regularly). Sorry I don't know all the acronyms either, otherwise I would have typed something cooler

Also, sorry I didn't reply to each of you. Way past my bedtime

And one more thing... did anyone else have a short AF after m/c? Like one day?

Wishing everyone a positive day...

Hi everyone,

Sharon - I don't know how long my luteal phase is as I've just started charting. I've always pretty much had a 28 day cycle but have in the last year I've had a couple of cycles where AF arrived about a week early.

Welcome Pash. I'm sorry for your loss. Of course you are welcome here. I too had a short AF after my m/c - I think it was two days and I expected it to be much heavier and longer. You will get used to the abreviations, I remember being quite confused but I'm an expert now and have only been here on here for a couple of months. I use fertility friend to chart. Its an online charting system. You have to be pretty dedicated to taking your temp at the same time each morning before rising to get any benefit out of it though. I started using it as I'm thinking that I may be headed towards having to see a fertility specialst (FS) again and they usually like you to chart.

I had a couple of weird things happen last night. I got a shooting vaginal pain.... that's the only way to describe it. A couple of hours later I got a sharp pain just below my left rib. Just for the last 10 minutes or so I have been getting pain on my left side on and off. I've read that these types of pain can be an early pg symptom so I hope that's what it is.... trying not to get my hopes up. My HPTs are at the post office waiting on me collecting them so I will be able to test if things keep looking positive next week. I'm on 7DPO now.

OMG Satya - tht sonds like the pains ive been getting for weeks....OWW I hope you get a BFP honey, I cant wait to hear.
    Pash - i cant help sorry maite - i didnt even get a chance to get AF as Ive fallen pg again. Its been 8 weeks tomorrow that I m/c so have no idea when i fell.
    HOpe today has found eveyrone in positive sticky spirits. Cant wait to hear of more BFP coming from here
    BRING ON THE 2008 BABIES
    Mauw all

Welcome Pash. You are most welcome here even if you are a pom! (joking)

I have only been here for a couple of months. All of the abbreviations you will pick up before you know it.

Satya, hopefully the symptoms you are getting are pg ones. Not too long until you get to test now. Fingers crossed for you
    I am on CD 19 now. Last cycle I o'd on day 24 so it could happen any moment (provided I o this cycle) My temps are going a bit like last month being all over the place but I do have a head cold so who knows.

Lets hope be all join Maz and Bekz soon for Feb/March 2008 babies.

Heybacko Guest

Jenjams - are you using OPKs as well as temping, or checking your CM at all?? If you go quiet in the next few days, we will know you will be DTD!!!

Maz can you remember when you said you had bucket loads of EWCM that went white, bet that was when you O'd - I reckon it was at least 3 wks ago so you should be 5-6wks UTD!!! (Have posted to you in The Club!!)

Satya - wow, that is sounding awful but really positive at the same, if that makes sense - keep us posted!

Sharon - do I need to open a book on whether you can wait til Tuesday??? I could do with making a few bucks!!!! Post the second you know ANYTHING, we will be thinking of you xxx

Pash - I've posted to you in The Waiting Club re. 1-day AFs!!! Luteal Phase is the gap between O and AF, I guess you could call it the TWW phase (unless your LP isn't two weeks of course!!)

Lee - how are doing babe? Hope you still being gentle with yourself -xxx because you sound like me with the testing - patience levels NIL!!!

Oi, you lot - less of the Pommie bashing!!! Just remember that some of us are ex-Poms hanging about in NZ until we can get DH to 'cope' with the Aussie weather!!! (just don't expect me to love Ricky Ponting though - he looks like a rat!!! Sorry )

Love to anyone I have missed
    Alex
    xxxx

Hi Alex - I'm hanging in there, and now 8 dpo. Have ordered some HPT online, and have promised myself I won't test till they arrive (which could be tomorrow)!! The BBs are not as sore as they were the other day, but still a bit tingly - I'm just trying to put it to the back of my mind as I think it's possible I've got IPS!!! Shall keep you posted though......

Satya - you are very close to where I'm at - so fingers crossed for good news next week. Your symptoms are sounding so promising.

Sharon - You are so strong not to test - good on you!! I'm very excited for us all next week!!!!!!!!!! Must stay positive!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still have not got the autopsy results - unfortunately they take so long, would just like to get it over and done with. I can get through the day ok, but every night when I'm in bed, and all is still and quiet, I allow myself to think about my baby boy, and the tears flow. I honestly don't think they will ever stop.

Lee

Hi guys,

Lee - sorry to hear the autopsy results aren't back yet, and sorry that you have had a hard time at nights. I always find that is the worst time of day when something awful has happened - the quiet just gives you nothing else to think about I guess. I hope the HPTs arrive soon!

jenjams - I hope you O soon and good luck catching the eggie!

satya - sounding good! When are you going to test?

Welcome Pash!

kiwigirl - hope AF comes soon for you! I hate that wait!

Sharon - not long til testing time now!

Salt - how are you going?

Las - sorry you don't feel you can cycle this month - that's a hard decision to make, but I think you're right in that you need to wait until you are ready and have the best chance for a healthy bub! That sounds like a good idea to have a weekend away.

Leyla - so many things do have to go right to get a BFP, it is a wonder anyone ever has a baby! It is just soooo frustrating that when the dr finally gives me something to support a pg, we don't manage to get pg in the first place, when every other cycle we had no trouble falling, but just couldn't hang onto it! So typical!

Hi Kerry - so sorry again to hear about your bub, but hopefully you will be joining us here soon and will fall pg with a healthy little bub before you know it! I know you have a FS appointment coming up - are you going to ask them to do the repeat loss tests? It maybe isn't necessary after only two losses (I was told that), but I think it is a good idea to get them done, even if just for your peace of mind. Hopefully they will have some answers or a plan for you. Flowerchild's post on tests for recurrent m/c is great, and I think covers everything you need to know. Feel free to ask me any questions, I have been where you are and I know how confusing and upsetting it all is

Hi to everyone I have missed.

I had another BT today and start my first clomid tablet tonight. AF arrived yesterday, thank goodness, so at least I haven't had to wait too long to get started on this. I am hoping the side-effects aren't too bad, as I have heard some awful stuff about this drug! I have warned DH that I may turn into a psycho, and he basically said I already am! Cheeky bugger. I must say, after falling pg every cycle we have tried, it is so much less emotionally draining to find you are not pg than to m/c again. That has been my only experience with TTC so far, and although I was disappointed to hear I wasn't pg, in a way it was actually a relief. How awful am I to feel that? I am just so sick of the stress of it all, and this means I can relax for a few weeks without that awful fear I usually get of just waiting for my bub to die. Sometimes I wonder what I really want. Of course I want a family more than anything, but the stress I am going through to get there has me questioning myself some days. Anyway, I am confident the clomid will do the trick, now we just have to fall pg this cycle! My next BT is in a week, so I guess I will find out then how my body is coping with it.

Bun - matie I hope that you can relax alittle (easier said then done) I hope to hell clomid does its job for you. thinking of you
    Lee - I am so hanging to find out if you get a BFP, you so deserve it.
    Alex - i dont like cricket at all. BORING (for me anyway) but i'll have the beer instead PMSL.
    Hi ya everyone else - feeling $hit house cause ive now got the kids cold and just feel blah. Went to the doctors tonight. He just gave me an evil grin and said well you dont fool around do ya. Pretty funny guy he is. He makes me laugh so much. Having blood sometime tomorrow (have to take 2 sick kids with me YAY). Doctor doesnt want me to have 'dildo cam' until he knows how many weeks I am as he wasnt happy with how I felt about the last one (I m/c the day afterwards). He's happy for me to go at my pace but if I have any pain im to go have a scan. Im in a high risk area for etopic pg as ive had my tube ligation reversed and the egg can get caught on any scarring in the tube..blah blah blah.
    so im hoping for numbers atleast in the 100's.
    Cross your fingers for me please girls

Hey Girls

Firstly a big hug congrats to maz and bekz, you go girls!!

Lee I feel for you, waiting for the news, either good or bad, well there really isnt any good news, but you know what i mean.. just to have an answer or know that there isnt one...yep its so hard.

Sorry i've been so quiet for a while, been tying to cope and been on tenderhooks waiting for the results from the D & C which finally came in today. The baby was normal, 46xx, so a little girl. This is really really good because it means that Kim can conceive and she can make a normal embryo (embryologist in the past has stated that Kim shouldn't have children due to both eggs producing triploidy in the ICSI cycle when she was to be my egg donor)...

So it is a real relief... so now we just have to wait for kim's period to come. Because our doctor couldnt explain why she miscarried, i asked if he could test kim for other possibilities like ANA's and ACA's which he agreed to. Just to cover bases, dont want to ever go through this again...too hard. But i guess you just have to keep on keeping on dont you. So we are going to assume that it was the Subchorionic Hematoma that ended the pregnancy at this stage.

I hope everyone is doing well and i'm thinking of you all, i read alot and dont post, i was sort of in limbo land waiting for our results. Its been really quite hard to think that we both might not be able to conceive(me) or carry (kim) a child. But i guess at least we have the benefit of having another option, most couples don't. So i guess we are blessed in that way.
    Last edited by Megan&Kim; May 10th, 2007 at 09:05 PM.

Heybacko Guest

Oh Maz, can feel you putting your 'public face' in again and being brave
    Your GP sounds a sound bloke (told you he would slap your legs!!) and quite good at keeping you sane (as if )
    Seriously though, try not to worry (ha, that old chestnut) - all will be well - you had good mucus which shows hormones were up for it, etc and you have had strong symptoms for weeks, for heavens sake!
    Keep us posted as to the BT and remember we are thinking of you and Jed
    Much love
    Alex
    xxxx

Heybacko Guest

Kim/Megan
    Very short post when you deserve much more
    Had serious lack of sleep due to 15mth nappy dwelling WAKING baby so was just off to bed!!
    I am SO glad you had good news and what sounds like a way forward with loads of hope!
    You're right, no-one weants to go through it again but the pull is so hard, we just have to.
    You and Kim can join the Waiting for AF after M/C Club in the Miscarriage thread with us - we give great support but wish you a very short stay!!!!!!
    Much love sent to you both
    xxxx

nikilove Guest

Hello eveyone I took the test today and it came back negative I dont know why my AF hasnt came yet. If I ovulated later than I thought is it to soon to tell. Should I wait until the end of the month if my AF hasnt came then retest?

Im so depressed and confused.

It's time for a new thread my lovelies. You will find it HERE

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678