Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss March 2007

Hi everyone, only joined recently but been reading alot of threads and working out where to join in.
    DH and I have been TTC for 2 years.
    After 20 months of trying I finally got pregnant but lost at 4 weeks in November 06.
    Like giving a kid candy and taking it back.....
    I guess the good news was that I fell, even though it took 20 months.
    I found out last week that my SIL is 7 weeks, and like to one before she fell very quickly.
    We have a really great friendship, but it hurts too much to be around her at the moment.
    Not too sure where to go from here, but am seeing my gyno next month and find out what the next step will be.
    Thanks everyone for their posts, it is a real comfort not feeling like your the only one who feels this way.

Welcome Nicole - so sorry to hear about your loss. It must be so devastating to have your angel taken away from you after waiting so long. I hope that we can be of some support to you. Hopefully your GYN will have a plan for you. I can totally understand on the SIL part - mine had their first bub and the first grandchild 6 wks after my first m/c, and I am finding it very hard being around her and the family, it just brings it all back home, even though I get along really well with her. It is perfectly normal and ok to find it hard.

Kerry - congrats on getting your pg confirmed and try not to stress! (although I do understand how hard this is). Just remember, an HPT only reacts to the presence of HCG, not the amount, so the darkness of the line is totally irrelevant, as there are so many factors to take into account, such as the time of day, how much you have had to drink, etc.

Sharon - hope AF comes soon!

Bek - so glad your results came back clear. I would also find it hard taking your dr's advice and taking things easy - it sounds good in theory, but in practice when you want a child, not so easy.

SP - I also worry about late O and long cycles being a factor in m/c. I really really hope that AF finally comes along soon for you. Thanks Tonners for your encouragement, it's good to hear that long cycles and late O don't necessarily mean m/c!!

Some doctors need to learn somethng about emotions.
    Kbowman- Dont let that doctor get you down....

When I was pg, the first doc we went to was one i went to as a child. He didnt say anything encouraging at all. His first question was: Do you have private health insurance? I didnt. he then said well where do you want to have the baby. That was it. Oh and he asked if the pg was planned or not. It wasnt but it wasnt a bad thing. As we were going to be first time parents, we left there feeling more confused and as scared as ever.
    So then I went to another doc and she was the complete turnaround. She gave advice as to the things to avoid and so forth.
    The nurses at the hospital after the m/c were so so, like they had been through it many times.

My advice is to stay positive and bugger the negatitivity.

Welcome Nicole and Jenjams i hope your journey in here is short and sweet....

Im sure oing late wouldnt affect you and cause a m/c im sure there are lots of people in BB at have long cycles and o late and havnt had one unfortunately are the ones it had to happen too... My cycles are all over the place different lengths every month anywhere from 41 days to 31 days.....

SP yep it took me 10 weeks but everyone is different i think average is 4-6 weeks...

Kerry im so sorry about the Dr i hope that all goes well over the next few weeks and im sending you truck loads of sticky vibes....

Bekz i like the sound of your angel playing with you grandma i hope mine is with my pop pop looking for my perfect baby and he will come back to me when im having my last baby... What your drs said was really nice i really feel that my body didnt give me a period because i wasnt ready to fall pg yet deep down but now im back to my normal self and im really ready and i got my peroid and it will happen this month..... But i also realise it is hard to stop and not temp and control it...

Well im at cycle day 11 and getting watery cm and lunar calendar says to dtd today so will seduce Andrew tonight LOL.........................
    Last edited by janeo; March 13th, 2007 at 07:26 PM.

Hello Ladies,

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I feel better just knowing that I am not alone in this. I don't know about all of you, but I really don't feel comfortable talking about TTCing and our loss with family or friends as it feels like such a personal thing, and they all have their own problems, so it means so much to me to hear your stories and know that you are having the same struggles.

Kerry, so sorry to hear about the nasty doc. I know how you feel. When we lost our baby last year my Doc made me feel like I should not be upset because statictically it happens to 1 in 4 people. Well, you can imagine that made me feel a WHOLE lot better... not. I think that Doctors get too caught up in the science of it and forget that we are real people. You need to stay positive Kerry, it can achieve miracles! I am thinking of you and hoping that all goes well.

I'm currently waiting for O, and getting really impatient. My cycles are anywhere between 30 and 38 days so it drives me nuts trying to guess when it will happen. Does anyone else use the Fortel ovulation predictors? Have you found them to be accurate?
    I have also been trying to temp this month, but have been a bit irregular. The cat keeps swatting the thermometer off the bedside table making it a mission to find it in the morning!

cheers

Leyla xx

Good morning ladies,

You are all so friendly and great support in here. I wish I had have found you when I m/c. Ah well better late than never.
    I bought a digital thermometer yesterday in anticipation of this being a great month. All I have to do is wait for AF to arrive. My cycle is now 34-35 days (I was overseas and in a different time zone last month) I still have the cramps and spotting but I hope AF arrives soon so I can just start fresh.

Jen

Thats what we are here for girls.... BB helped me through the hard times and now im here to help anyone else....

Well i seduced him but soooo didnt feel like it but the things you do for a little baby... Got a yucky cold so really tired and didnt feel bothered...

Hi Girls, Hope you are all doing well.

I just wanted to pop in quickly and say hi. My weight loss is going really well, i'm into my 2nd week, and the first week i lost 4.3kg, so i'm stoked. It's just one step closer to having my dream of being a mother realised.

Nicole - Welcome to our little group, and i just wanted to say that i know exactly how you feel. I had been TTC for 2 years when we fell pg, only to lose our little angel at just under 8 weeks. It has now been 3 more years, and still nothing, so i made the decision to step away and concentrate on me for a while and lose ALL the excess weight i have before TTC again probably at the start of next year (which will make it 6 years of TTC, but by then i'll have a body that is at it's peak, and ready to welcome a baby into our lives). All i can say is hang in there. Look at any obsticles that may be in your life that could be effecting your fertility (sorry i don't know your history and if there is a medical reason) and work with that along with everything you are doing. It will be so worth it in the end. Good luck hun.

Janeo - hi love....i have a good feeling about you this month xxxxx

Jen - Welcome to our thread, and i see you are in Sunbury...me too!!!

Hi to everyone else. I'm thinking of you always, and hoping a praying that you all clear out of here in the next few months. I'm always here reading away, so if you need anything, or have any questions, just ask.

Nicole so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my first angel at the same time. I do have to say though that Im feeling lucky this month and ready to try again, maybe we will both get a little luck and get BFPs together! My SIL also just had beautiful little girl (3 weeks ago). I dont grudge them that blessing at all, but it hard not to think that I should be 6 months by now.

Jane hope you feel better soon and up to some super seducing!

Salt So sorry to hear about your friends moving. That is sad news, but look on the bright side, you can have holidays to visit them!

Jen hope AF arrives soon. Waiting sux!

Shan WELL DONE! That is a fantastic effort on the weight loss. Im sure you will be in fighting fit order in no time.

Am still waiting for O, but no sign yet. Am thinking should start BDing soon but DH has been feeling the stress of TTCing and don't want to wear him out to early on! Anyone else have that dilema?

Hi all
    Back again after night duty Dont really do much while on nights just work and sleep so I had a lot of reading to do to catch up with everyone.

Jane so glad that everything is getting back to normal for you fingers crossed you catch that eggie this month

Shan thats great about your diet hope you dont stop bding just in case LOL

Kerry what a jerk of a doctor you should have told him to pull his head in. On the subject of blood groups its only a problem if you have a negative BG and your DP is positive and then only if your baby was positive as well. This makes your body produce antibodies against the baby's blood that can make you lose the baby. If they know you blood groups you can have an anti-D injection to help prevent you losing your baby. It normally only affects 2nd and subsequent pregnancies but shouldnt stop you having a beautiful baby in nine months time I'm sending heaps and heaps of sticky vibes your way

For me AF showed her ugly face on Friday at work so no bfp for me this month FF showed I had a short luteal phase but I've only been charting for one month so maybe it is a one off otherwise I might have to do something about it. My temps are still up though (what the?) The tooth is feeling heaps better just have to make the appointment to get rid of it now

Hugs to all and welcome to anyone new

Shan- If you ever need a walking buddy, let me know seeing as I live close. Are you going to gym or are you doing it yourself? Good work on the weight loss to date.

Janeo- Sometimes you just want to go to bed and sleep dont you!? Good luck

Leyla and Nicole- Positive thoughts sent out. March is the month for you girls!

Morning girls,

Shan - good to hear from you - I was just thinking that it has been a while since I have read a post by you. Congrats on the weight loss - that is fantastic!! Well done.

Sarah - boohoo on AF arriving. I think I have a short luteal phase too which is a bit of a worry, but it can def change, so hopefully will be ok next time!

Leyla - I think most DH's feel the pressure when TTC - mine is hopeless! They just seem to have a problem with doing it at a certain time rather than just whenever they feel like it. I'm not really sure what to do about it, though. Best of luck getting him to co-operate!!

Jane - good luck catching that egg!

Salt - sorry about your friends moving away. I totally know what you mean - some of our friends who have been a great support to us will be moving away soon, and I don't know what I will do without them! At least we have the BB girls to talk to!

Hi to everyone else.

I am just chugging along in the 2WW, still having all sorts of imaginary symptoms that are not possibly real at 4DPO. I am already thinking about when to test - as so many pgs fail in the early stages before AF is due, I am thinking maybe it is best to wait until AF is officially late before testing. But I know how pathetic I am and that I will want to start testing as soon as it is possible to get a positive result! Oh well, I guess I will wait and see if I can be strong or not!!

Have a great day everyone.

Hi everyone.
    I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately but I still haven't got a replacement computer GRRRR the insurace company.

Anyway I hope you are all doing well.

I just want to let you all know that I finally got my much wanted last Friday and had it confirmed on Monday. I'm 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant and my hcg was 600. I am soooo excited but a little worried too. I can't believe this happened on my natural cycle. I am having a scan done at 8 weeks just to make sure everything is ok and for my own piece of mind too. My little bubba is due mid November.
    I want to say thank you to all of you for you support over the last 6 months and I hope to read of loads more BFPs here soon.

Kerry CONGRATULATIONS on your bfp. How's everything going with you hun? Have you had any more tests?

OMG Mako congratulations!!! That is such good news. And that HCG reading is fantastic!!! Yay - I am so happy for you.

We have had a few BFPs in here lately - let's hope for some more soon and some very sticky pregnancies!!

Oh Mako, Congratulations hun. I'm so very pleased for you.....sending you all the sticky vibes i can muster. Well done....WOOHOO!!!

Thanks everyone for the congrats on my weight loss. My plan is very strict - i have to weigh my food and only eat from a list given to me - which is fine and the food is yum. I'm not allowed to do any excercise just yet, as my body is in fat loss mode, and any excercise will cause my insulin levels to rise and create hunger and blah blah blah, but thanks for the offer for a walking buddy Jen. Much appreciated.

Sarah - I don't know if you read any of my previous posts in the last few weeks, but we are taking all precautions when it comes to BDing, as i'm losing this weight for ME, and i don't want to get half way through and get pg (which i know is a big mental shift after TTC for 5 years) and stack all that weight back on. I want to get it ALL off it one go and be healthy for my future bubs (and there WILL be future bubs..lol)

Have a great day everyone!!!
    Last edited by *Shan*; March 14th, 2007 at 01:04 PM.

Thanks for all your good luck messages... u all rock.... great support system

Shan, not too sure if there is a medical reason as yet, hopefully the gyno can put me in the right direction next month
    Good luck to you with TTC

You know the funny thing last year when I had my MC I wished that I could have a MC that way after soooooooo many months of trying I had something to show for it.... most of the time you feel like you fail, month after month
    Not that I want to put myself through that again, but I feel like I'm a little bit closer.
    However next time I'll be carefull what I wish for.

To everyone else all my thoughts are with you in TTC, have a great afternoon.

Kerry - How are you today? I have been thinking about you.

NicoleS - Welcome and sorry to hear about your hard and long TTC journey and miscarriage. My SIL is 21wks atm and it is hard to hang out with her sometimes. She is a bit self centred at times and she says things that seem a little insensitive, eg: The other day she stuck out her belly to me to show me how big it was, whilst at the same time telling me that my belly was so nice and flat now....derrrrrr. If I was not feeling strong that day I would have just cracked it.

Bun, SP and Leyla - I have a 30 to 34 day cyle with an LP range of 9 to 14 days (12 average). As long as your cycle is within 28 to 36 days that is normal. You do have to watch your LP length, anything under 9 days will not allow for successful implantation.

Leyla - I used Fortel the cycle we conceived last. I found them to be very accurate. Let me know how you find them.

SP - Sorry about your friend moving hon. HUGS

Shan - Good on you for taking time out to get your body preped and raring to go. I am doing the same thing. DH and I are walking every morning, I am cycling on my exercise bike 3x per week and I am doing back strengthing excersises plus we are eating healthy. I have given myself 3 months to loss some weight and then we'll TTC seriously.

Jane - Hope you guys got that eggy.

Hi to everyone else.

Thanks BekZ, I cracked up what you just said about your SIL.
    I have a pretty good relationship with my SIL but if she stuck out her belly to me on a bad day I'd have to punch her in the head (well..... she's not PG there?!?!?!?!?) - hope that didn't sound too harsh I do love her very much.
    I guess when you are feeling a little sensitive anyone could tip you over.

Best wishes to you
    Last edited by Nicole S; March 14th, 2007 at 04:30 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast