Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss May 2007

There are so many inspirational women in this thread which is why I love coming in & reading about you all. Most of the stories break my heart but as Lee said we are all the more grateful for our precious gifts once we get them due to everything we have been through.
    Bun - I really hope the clomid regulates you & gets your much wanted STICKY BFP. I was O'ng on my own without the clomid but it took a round of clomid to get my BFP. You will go on to have a H&H bub so pls believe this (ps: I o'd cd 15 on the tablets/ 28 day cycle).
    Sharon - I hope in a few days you get a lovely dark line & there is cause for celebration!
    Lee - my heart breaks hearing your story but it sounds as though you are doing everything you can to spare another family this heartache - what a legacy to leave from Luc!
    Salt - I definately think it's a cuddles night & maybe bd tomorrow night if you are up for it! Good luck!
    Shan - I have been thinking of you also. Hope you are doing well & are happy. Pls let us know how you are getting on sometime soon!
    Babydust to all the ladies in here - look forward to reading some announcements shortly.
    I have my 8 wk scan tomorrow & am scared I will have a panic attack or something I will be sooooooo nervous.

Good luck with today's scan, Mummyto1 Sending lots of positive *scan vibes*

Just a quick post before I get ready for work - hope to be joining you guys again soon (if that's ok? ) Be back this afternoon to catch up!

lots of love xoxo

justw anted to drop in and say hi ya guys
    Have been really sick with gastro and a dame cold so havent had time to do much
    IM thinking of you all and sending heaps of sticky vibes
    xxmaz

Hi Ladies,

Just a quickie, now 22 DPO with a BFN this morning. no idea what is going on. My cycles are usually no longer that 37 days with an average of 33 days over the last 2 years. FF also told me that I now have a triphasic chart! WHAT THE??? Getting a little frazzled. Just want something to happen! ARGH! If still no AF after the weekend will make an appointment to see GP and get things sorted.

Sorry for the selfish post, hope everyone is well on this lovely rainy Friday!

love

Morning girls

Leyla - I just had a squizz at your chart and I think it's possible that you O'ed later, maybe around CD33, in which case it would be too early to get a BFP. See your dr if it is bugging you (and I can understand that it would be!), but I think it is possible that you just O'ed late this cycle and that is why you have BFNs but no AF. Of course, I could be wrong, but it's a possibility. And if you did O around then, it does look like your chart is starting to be triphasic, which can be a pg sign! Fingers crossed!!

kerry - it would be great to have you back again! (although I am sorry you have to come back here). Here's hoping it will be a short stay followed by a nine month long stay in the pg forums!!

mummyto1 - thank you so much. I see you and the other PAML ladies as an inspiration and always check in on you guys! I sooo hope the clomid gives me a nice 28 day cycle and a sticky BFP! I am on CD10 now and have no symptoms of O approaching yet, but I suppose it is still too early. I hope soooo much that this does the trick and I will be joining you soon! Good luck for your scan - I can feel your anxiety; just the thought of having a scan makes me feel ill. I am sure it will be fine, all is sounding great and I look forward to hearing about it!

Sharon - how are you going today? Have you tested again? I am thinking of you. I think you are right to see a dr about your LP if you do have another chem pg. Even if your LP varies, but has definitely been only 9 days before, then I think it is definitely worth looking into, as it could be preventing your bubs from sticking. Here's hoping it doesn't come to that though!!

Salt - sorry, a bit late, but I think you definitely O'ed 2 days ago, you have a nice temp rise there! So you can let your poor DH know that the BD fest is over!! Meanwhile, my DH is about to find out that our BD fest is about to begin! I would so love us to be bellybuddies again, that would be great!! Here's hoping that we both get lucky with sticky little bubs this month. It is so hard to make your brain see things positively when you have only had negative experiences. I just can't seem to do it or believe that it could EVER happen, but chances are that it will, and I guess we just have to hang in there and keep on going on.

Lisa - thanks for the babydust. Hopefully we will all be joining you soon! Shan is not TTC right now, but is concentrating on losing weight and spending some time concentrating on getting herself happy and healthy for a few months, before TTC again. She pops in now and then to let us know how she is going, and sounds good! Also, I have a Q for you. There was a doco on SBS a little while ago called 'Waiting for a Heartbeat' that a lot of girls here were talking about. I missed it and really wish I had seen it. I have been waiting for a repeat, but not sure if there will be one (or maybe I have missed it). I think it was you who said had recorded it? Would you still have it? No worries if you don't, I would just love to see it (maybe to give me some more hope?). I would pay postage, etc.

zionsmum - yay on AF! Now we want her to stay away for the next 9 months!

satya - sorry to hear you are feeling down. This process really does mess with your head sometimes, doesn't it? I am thinking of you and hope you are feeling a little better today

Lee - thanks for your kind words. I hope you are right - some of us just have a rough run, but it will all be worth it in the end. I hope you are doing ok. The massage sounds lovely - that is a v good idea, I may have to have one too!

Hi to everyone else.

I am to have my next BT on Mon, so obviously yesterday's BT showed nothing has happened yet. I am only CD10 so wouldn't expect anything yet anyway. I am soooo sick of having constant track marks on my arms and I feel like I live at the blood collection place. I am getting soooo over this. I think although I am not always aware of it, my approaching EDD is always in the back of my mind, and I have been quite emotional over the last couple of days. I get nothing done at work and cry when I get home everyday. I am trying to keep positive and tell myself that it is much more likely to work next time than not, and that it could be worse, and other people go through much worse things than this, but I still am quite down. Anyway, I am seeing Spidey3 tonight and going go-karting in the morning (haven't done that before), and have a good weekend planned, so will try to be positive.

zionsmom Guest

Thank you to Bun and everyone else that responded to me. I get so excited whenever I come in here because I have a new found hope! Everyone in here is so amazing and I look forward to everyone getting their big BFP's and to all the women who are newly pregnant you give me hope I pray that all continues to go well. So take care of yourselves!

Thanks for all your well wishes girls - they worked. Bubs had a h/b & all looked fine. I now have to get through the 12 wk scan as this is when it went pear shaped last time. I am feeling confident that all will be well this time as it is the only way to be.
    Kerry, it will be 3rd time lucky for you I know it. You have been tested the past few months & easy street is ahead for you I know.
    Will catch up with all you other lovelies soon when I have time to read your posts.
    Have a great weekend all & I hope some magic happens for you all!

Hi everyone,

Selfish post today.

My week got worse. My mum's cancer is back.... not in the breast this time, but in the lymph nodes so it could be anywhere in her body. The testing will begin again, and then the treatment. We just found out yesterday. She's such a strong woman and is keeping up a brave face, I don't know how. Until last night I wasn't sure if I really wanted to see a FS but with this news I now know that I want to.... it would be great if we could give her something to live for. I will ring for an appointment on Monday.

I also appear to have done something to my back this morning and it's really painful through the middle of my back at about bra level, worse when I breathe in. I don't remember doing anything strenuous, it just came on suddenly. Went for a walk earlier for about 15 minutes and had to have a nap afterwards.... not good.

On a brighter note my DF starts his new job on Monday and it's both close to home and to my work. Trying to feel positive about life but with my back, my fertility issues and my mum's news all in one week I am struggling. My DF is doing everything he can to keep me cheerful.... I'm so lucky to have him. My DstepD is giving me heaps of hugs too.

Anyway I hope everyone is doing a little better than me today.

Satya - just read your post and am sending you a HUGE cyber hug xoxo
    It's amazing how some weeks the "stuff" just keeps on getting piled on top of you. I had one of those weeks too. All I can say is blah blah blah and pour myself a nice glass of wine and sit with my husband-to-be-in one-week and talk. He saves me from myself!

I worked out I'll be ovulating if not on our wedding day, then the day after or after....... but I think it best to sort of 'let it go' and then, usually, things come back at ya.....

I feel very positive for you about your Mum - that is giving her something to live for. The whole concept brings tears to me eyes. You are the best daughter a Mum could have.

Try and stay positive, even in spite of the sometimes insurmountable adversity - it's our choice how we react and feel and deal.... (sorry if that sounds like a lecture, it's more a reminder to myself aswell).

Thinking of you.

Lee xo

Satya so sorry to hear about your mum big hugs to you and your family, it must be such a hard time.
    mummyto1 I am so happy that all went well at the scan, I feel confident that this will be a sticky one for you.
    saltprincess no didn't test again, temps and spotting say it all really. I definitely have my for you though.
    Bun have been feeling extremely down today, I really thought this was it because my temps had that rocky mountain look to them again, which I only got when I was pg the last time, but with the temp dive this morining and then spotting this afternoon I know I am out.

I am starting to feel really cheated and extremely p'd off with my body, I really thought this was my month, but noooooooooooo the B***H just couldn't stay away. I have had a HUGE temp drop this morning, and spotting and cramping this afternoon so I know she's on her way. I just don't understand the faint +ves because how the hell can you get false +ves on 3 different brands and have the faint lines come up well before the 10 minutes, well actually the lines where there at 5 mins, I just want to friggin scream! crying hasn't done me any good

Sharon - hugs to you hon. Is AF heavy and did your temp drop below your cover line? Have you tested again? Maybe you should go to the docs to have a bt and find out what your hcg levels are. You could still be pregnant and have a light AF. My thoughts are with you hon.

BekZ AF was "light" on Saturday night, but when I woke up on Sunday morning she definitely made her presence known LOL so I know I am not pg I will be going to the Dr over the next week or so just to let him know about my 3 faint +ves and the +ve last cycle too just to see what he says.

Well, AF isn't as bad (heavy) as last cycle (thank goodness)and I am going to guess that she will more than likely be on her way out tomorrow. Now I just hope that things go a little better this cycle.

Satya - I am so sorry about your Mum. Fingers crossed she will get through it again. My Mum was given 3 months to live about 8 years ago & is one tough cookie also. She is still here today as I hope your Mum will be. I too get a bad pain in my chest through to my back in about the same spot as you. The first time I got it each breath I took was agony. The doc told me I had pulled a muscle in my chest (howI don't know)& it went right through to my back. Deep tissue massage heat & rest were the only things that helped. Hope you are feeling better soon...
    Sharon - damn cow is af. I will have it all crossed for you for this cycle! Maybe you need something to keep your hormone levels up towards the end of your cycle to maintain pg? Worth discussing with your doc.... I only say this as I always appeared to be O'ing on my own but seem to need clomid to get me a sticky pg. Maybe it was the boost in hormones or something that I needed towards the end of my cycle?
    Lee - how appropriate O'ing around your wedding day - bd is a given at this time isn't it Good luck!
    Hi to all you other amazing ladies - look forward to reading some good news in here soon!

Morning girls,

Mummyto1 - yay on your scan!!!! I am so glad to hear all is going well.

Sharon - sorry about AF appearing. I agree with mummyto1 - I think you may need some support in the last half of your cycle to help a bub stick. Hopefully your dr will be able to help you and you will be on your way to a h & h bub!! Let us know how you go.

Satya - so sorry to hear about your mother. It sounds like you have way too much on your plate at the moment. I am glad though that you have decided to make a FS appointment. Here's hoping it will help you get a sticky little bub and that your mother will fight even harder to be around to meet the little one! Let us know how she is going. I am thinking of you - you have had a pretty rough time lately.

Lee - yay on O'ing on your wedding day! Sounds like it is meant to be!

Salt - I think your BD timing is ok. It only takes one spermy!! Luckily it is winter, so no one notices the constant marks on my arm. I only have one good vein and I bruise really easily, so it is not a good look at all! The nurse who did my BT this morning said I will be taking my own blood soon, I am there so often! Oh well, at least BTs don't bother me anymore, although some days they really hurt! I am really getting sick of trying to fit all this in around work - I am always leaving home really early in the morning, or leaving work early, and it is actually quite stressful, it's like every appointment and BT is a reminder of what we have lost, and I get quite emotional about it all. The doco was about a recurrent m/c clinic in the UK and I think focussed mainly on a girl who had had 7 m/cs, and others who had had more than 3 recurrent m/cs. The main girl ends up giving birth to a little girl, but I am not sure if they follow up with the others. I think it discusses all the research and treatment for recurrent m/c and I think would it be quite interesting.

Well, I had a pretty good weekend. Went go karting on Sat (but I was pretty slow, esp against my super-competitive DH has has done it before and just kept lapping me!). Saw Spidey3 which was ok, and caught up with some friends. Had lunch with DH's family (and hence, the new grandchild) yesterday, and I was struggling. I just can't handle a table full of adults clucking over a baby; all I can think about is what we have lost and my fears that we will never actually have a live baby. Some days it all just gets too much, and with my first EDD being tomorrow, I am v fragile right now. I will find out from the clinic today whether I am going to O soon and have to go in for yet another scan. I am getting so sick of this process. I am starting to feel like we will never even get pg again, let alone actually manage to carry a baby to term. I just really wish it didn't have to be like this. Some days I think we should just give up on having our own baby and just adopt. Even the thought of being pg terrifies me; I don't know how I will ever manage to get through a pregnancy, if it actually happens.

Anyway, hello to everyone else, I hope you all had a good weekend.

Hi, just a quick drop by. Sorry no time for personals.

Thanks for your support ladies. We find out more about my mum tomorrow, so fingers crossed the news is not too bad.

I'm feeling a lot better today both with my back and emotionally. CD7 already!

I still haven't made the FS appointment. A couple of friends have suggested I should just see a gyno as that worked for them. What do you think? Right now I think I'd feel less pressure by going to a gyno. The whole FS thing is really scaring me plus as my DF is in a new job I think it will be really hard to get him to a FS appointment with me... and I've heard they all want to see you both. He already has a child so I'm pretty sure the problem is with me (almost 10 years of ttc with two different partners).

What do you think?

Hi everyone,

I can now officially join this topic.. AF came today 5 weeks after my D&C.. yay!!!!! Next month I'll be hoping *not* to get AF but for now I'm so happy that my body is moving on

Can't wait to hear all your BFP this month... I am feeling v optimistic for everyone right now

Rachel

Good morning girls,

I have been laying low this last week because I havent been feeling too positive about things. I have had cramps and spotting ever since the O.
    I am now 13DPO. I tested two days ago with the cheapies I brought from ebay and there was a super faint positive. I then tested this morning with first response and it was a faint positive.
    I dont know whether to be happy or not because I am still having AF cramps and they have not stopped...... I guess I will wait another couple of days. AF is due tomorrow.
    I would like to be happy but there are doubts in the back of my mind too.

Bun - I was starting to feel like it was never going to happen either. You just have to keep pushing forward & play the waiting game. It is hard to enjoy the pg after a m/c but you have good days & bad.
    I called my FS yesterday to tell him about my BFP & asked him what it could be about me needing clomid to get pg when I was O'ing naturally. He said it thickens the lining in your uterus & increases progesterone (or was it eostrogen) so it sounds like that is what I needed. I just want you girls to know that their are options out there that you can explore....
    Satya - hope the news about your Mum today is positive.
    Jenjams - all sounding good. Remember the af type cramps are normal in early pg so fingers crossed for you & will wait for an announcement in a few days!
    SP - hope the next week flies by for you - good luck - I didn't have any symptoms either!
    Kiwigirl - good luck getting your BFP this cycle.
    Good luck to everyone else & hope your BFPs are just around the corner!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast