Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss - September 2006 #2

Hi girls,

I just wanted to pop in quickly and say hi........HI..

Megan - yes we are definately moving there, just waiting to get a house. DH will probably be starting his new job this week (after dramas last week) so i'll stay here until a house that we like comes up.....

Lisa - for a BFP for you matey..you so deserve it...

Sez - nothing new with me...how are you feelilng????

Well, as i just said, nothing new with me. The last week my BB's were absolutely killing me, and my libido was 'out of control' so much that DH couldn't keep up with my demands hehe...today my BB's aren't so sore, so i'm just assuming that AF is on her way.....as much as i'd love to get the suprise of a lifetime, i'm just not holding out much hope any more....Maybe once we've moved and settled in we might look at going back to Assisted Conception and see what happens. My DH's cousins wife bought me a lucky bamboo on Thursday. She's been through the same as what we are and he mum bought her one last year and she now has a 3 month old little boy, so she thought she'd get one for us too in the hope that it would do the trick too....it's all just a waiting game hey...

Enjoy your weekend everyone....xxxxxxx

Hi Girls,

Sorry i have been away for a few days but i have been thinking of you all....

Michelle, my dear friend, i totally understand why you are feeling what you are feeling right now and honestly even though i was pregnant with Lucy at Katelyn's EDD and then Lucy was one month old on Katelyn's birthday anniversary it still hurt so badly. Yes it was good at that time to hold Lucy in my arms but i still missed my Katelyn so much. I can remember Lucy being unusually unsettled on those couple of days too so i guess she was feeling it from me. On a side note i ovulated the day after Rowan's birthday (this pregnancy) and we got pregnant so i am hoping that your DH gets his birthday wish with all my might. If you want to talk you know where i am and i am thinking of you at this difficult time and wish that there was something i could do to ease your pain.

Shan, Sorry to hear that there is still no news, the bamboo sounds great though and i remember that my SIL brought Rowan one while we were pregnant with Lucy. Hope you are going ok.

Megan, im sorry that AF hasnt arrived yet and i dont have any answers for you. Im also sorry about the baby you lost having chromosome problems. Im not sure how this makes you feel but i am thinking of you.

Kate, Sorry to hear about the BFN but it sounds from the other girls as though things are going good. GL. ***Baby dust***

Tanya, YAY at you COME ON BLUE lol, i hope that this gets you the boy that you so want (i am thinking are you going to be more nervous poas to get the BFP or at your 18 weeks ultrasound to find out the sex?). I hope that Violet is feeling better also.

Paige, Lucy had her first cold at 7 months and it was there and over before i knew it, she was over 12 months (from memory) before she got her second. SO i think that BFing really works with their immunity!

Lisa, How are you doing my friend? Any answers yet? I have been thinking about you over the past couple of days and was hoping to see a BFP from you. I am sending you positive vibes and lots of ***babydust***

Sez, Sorry about your OB being away i know how much he means to you. Did you adjust your due date for your longer cycle though? How are you feeling?

Lilylou, Bummer about your dh getting home late.....hope you still managed to catch that window!

Belle, Oh honey i am sorry to hear you sounding so down, is there anything that i can do? Its totally normal to feel like this you know....you will get pregnant again soon and carry your baby until its screaming in your arms i just know that you believe that too just some days its hard to actually see it iykwim.

Jayne, Sorry to hear that you are fighting with your mum, hope its all sorted now.

Love Sarah xx

Oh wow, I go away for a day and a half, and look what happens! It's so hard to keep up!

Lisa, hon, did you get the bt? I have been thinking of you, and wishing really hard that you get a BFP. I'm pretty sure I read through everything carefully and didn't miss your results! Hope you're managing to have a nice weekend

Shan, you are driving me crazy! You must have all the patience in the world to keep this up! I think it's wonderful you can be so realxed about it. When do you think you'll have a bt? Are you giving yourself a date, or are you just going to take it day by day? for you.

Sarah, good to see you sounding so good. I keep up with how you're going in the PAML thread. Only two sleeps to go! What time is your appt?

Kate, I'm still feeling that things could work out for you this month! Those temps are sounding mighty fine to me babe! When do you think you Od? And what's the CL that FF has given you?

Michelle, thinking of you sweetie. This must be such a difficult time for you. LOL at laughing while DTD! I think that's a great thing, so positive! And maybe Lisa is right, maybe you DO need to get past this anniversary before getting pg IYKWIM? Keep on being strong hon.

Jayne, so sorry that you have been fighting with your mum. That must be so horrible for you. I hope your munchkin is being a good girl fo you!

Tanya, go the BLUE! OMG, I can't wait to see how it works for you! Good luck!

Paige, I'm so thinking that Emma needs to be kicked out, but dh is a worse softie than me so it's hopeless! Thanks for the comment about Obs! I'm sure you thought you'd miss out on yours, but you didn't, that gives me hope!

Apes, as long as af doesn't arrive, I think you're still in with a good shot! My HPTs have only just gotten dark today. Which brand are you using? I am now an expert in HPTs! BTW, I am now an oil factory, my skin is so yuck, like a teenagers!

Megan, sorry you're feeling so crap. It's awful, I know. I hope the bt this week gives you some answers, so you can stop feeling so frustated!

Kelly, only three sleeps left! Make sure you log on IMMEDIATELY to let us know how you go.

Well, it is starting to sink in for me. The HPT this morning was very dark, so we are all happy! Started telling people today, which is very exciting! Have been very moody and oh so forgetful. Preggie brain is certainly not a myth! I'm sure many of you know that. It really is the pits, but at least I know it's normal! Skin is yuck, have become very bloated, but feeling very happy and positive. BBs are not growing yet, but I'm holding out hope! I want to get that ****ty mummies thread started! And then have you all join me! Must go and attend to my 9yr old nephew who is staying the night. It is nearly his bedtime, and I think he's wearing Emma and Andy out!

Good night all, big hugs love Sez xoxo

Hi Girls,

Well unfortunately woke up to AF today and am not very happy
    I thought I had most of the symptoms but then again I think my mind was playing tricks on me. My skin is still terrible, but getting better.
    DP & I are going away this weekend for my b'day which will be good to keep my mind off things. Hopefully next month will be it!
    We are also going up to QLD soon for a few days and will probably go to one of the theme parks, so at least I can go on the rides! Woo hoo!
    Goodluck to everyone!

So sorry Apes for you. At least you have next weeknd to look forward to, and then can get back to the serious business of doing the BD! Unfortunately, so many pg symptoms can be af symptoms. I read in another thread that someone said it would be easier if we just got a green toe or something when pg, so we would KNOW! Just wouldn't be able to wear open-toed shoes for awhile LOL! Seriously though, I hope you're not too down today and that you dh looks after you.

Chat later, Sez xoxo

Thanks Sez, and congratulations to you on your pregnancy!
    I'm not too down have been alot worse. Just have to keep positive for next month, but not be so obsessed with it all.
    I am looking forward to getting away for a while though, thankgod spring is here, it might as well be summer though where we are... 30 degrees today! I love it!

Hi everyone...hope your weekend has been kind to you all....

About to get dinner ready so it'll just be a quick 'me' post....

Well, after i'd finished with BellyBelly yesterday morning (or had it ticked over to afternoon???? not sure), i went to the loo, and AF had arrived......went back again about 4 hours later to change my 'thingy' and it was clean...WHAT THE!!!.....didn't put another one in and didn't have any more blood....

This morning when i got up, my BB's were sore again, went to the loo, and once again, more blood, and it's still going, but not real heavy.....i thought for sure that it would be massive after not having one for two months, but so far it's just under a normal AF.....what the hell is going on with me???????

At least now i can start again from scratch and hope that this one will be a normal cycle. Why is it though that i'm not holding out much hope for that..hehe. I'm thinking i might try some Vitex this month...what do you all reckon, and what CD would i have to start it from, and for how long?. I've read that you take it up until Ovulation, but not sure....might have to do some reasearch...Actually now that i think about it i might not be able to take it this month, coz it's a liquid Vitex and i've packed all my glasses and cups etc... ...oh well...what's another month in my journey the way it's been going anyway....

Love to you all...

Default Unsure

Hi,

Can anyone help??? After having an ep on the 23 August, I have still not had my first AF. I feel like I have been getting it for the last week but nothing..... hmmm I am a little scared really... as it has been nearly five weeks is that normal?? Because I just want to feel normal again . Can anyone offer any advice please.

Thanks

Kez - it is not unusual to take up to 6-8 weeks to get AF back after a D&C. Some get it back within the first month but others take a little longer. I wish you a short journey to a successful end.

Hi girls, just a quickie tonight!

Lisa, can't wait to see how your weekend went.........make sure you let us know sweets!

Belle, thinking of you, hope you guys had a great weekend too!

Shan, what's going on with your cycle? Are you sure it's af? If it is, at least you can start again with a clean slate, as you said. All the best for you babe!

Kate, hun, how are things turning out for you?

Sarah, my Ob is going away after 25/05. If we go by 'their' dates I'm due on that day. If we go by 'my' dates I'm due 01/06. So I'd actually prefer it to be their dates, but I'm sure I won't be! Thanks for asking, hope you are going well.

Love to everyone else, catch up with you all tomorrow!

Sez xoxo

Miss Kitten Guest

Morning all,

How is everyone? I'm not too bad...could be better....I tested again on Sunday and guess what?...it was exactly what I thought it would be ...NEGATIVE....I was sooo upset yesterday..ever tried vaccumming and stripping beds and mopping floors whilst bawling your head off and a husband who's whingeing to stop the noise b/c he has a hangover??? Well, if you haven't I don't recommend it...

So, today is day 41 and that's the longest my cycle has ever been and I really thought it would happen this month given that we had been trying (the past 2 times we weren't trying)...so as soon as AF does show up I'm not going to do any more temping and just going to watch for CM and going on how I feel...it sucks I tells ya...but at least you guys know how it feels...the crash of disappointment is unbearable sometimes.

On a positive note, it seems that the diet I'm on is working...in a week (going by my scales) it seems that I've lost about 2 kilos. I'll be weighed at the naturopath's tonight.

How is everyone else? I haven't been online for a few days so there's lots to catch up on.
    Did anyone else test on the w/e?

Luv & Hugs,

Kate x.

Good morning possums,

Kez - I had my ep in early Dec 05 and didnt get af until mid Feb 06! My drs told me it cant take anywhere between 6-10 weeks, so sit tight and it will arrive sweety. How are you coping otherwise? Im here if you need to talk. Big hugs to you.

Michelle - maybe the cycles reverting back is a good thing? Hopefully the naturopaths are working their magic and our bodies are now healed and ready for a healthy new pregnancy.

Kate - oh hun sorry about the bfn but it aint over til af arrives, so hang in there. Yipee on the weight loss - looks like its all working for you. Last time I went on a big diet and stuck to it I got pg after a month!

Sez - Im so glad you are feeling so happy (mentally) and have started sharing your wonderful news! Im sending you big bbs vibes 'grow bbs grow'...

Shan - what is your body doing sweets? Are you thinking of going to see a dr given its been such a long cycle and now with a strange af? I hope all the packing is going well though. We'll have to host a welcome party with all the melbourne gals

Apes - sorry that you had a visit from that witch af this month! Keeping it all crossed for you for the new cycle.

Jayne - how are you doing sweets? All settled now with your mum? How is that little Jess doing - is she excited about the baby in your belly?

Megan - dont stress too much sweety (see what I wrote for Kez about af). Im sure everything will be fine and you will get af back soon, I know its frustrating but mother nature has strange ways.

Sarah - hiya hun. hows it all going in pg land?

Belle - hi sweety I hope your feeling better about things and sending you loads of positive vibes.

Tanya - praying with all my might that you have a big blue bfp before the end of next month!

Paige - I hope that O ing on the other side is a good thing and that it helps bring you a healthy bfp very soon.

Ok now to update you all on my crazy crazy body! I didnt go for a the blood test, I thought Id wait it out and do another hpt on Sunday. So at this point I was feeling hopeful (plus I threw up on Sat arvo while cleaning), so Sunday morning I had no hpt in the house and it was absolutely pouring down so I didnt want to go out and get one and I was busting to go to the loo - so I thought bugger FMU I'll test later. On going to the loo and wiping I saw some very light pink stain on the loo paper. Ive had nothing since. I really dont know what to do - I just want af to arrive so I can start my new cycle and make this baby!! Any advice?

On another note, I found one of my angel books on the weekend and I held it for a while and opened it randomly to the Storks and Angels page. I was stunned at first, but managed to read through it. It says that the souls of the babies (lost through miscarriage and other pg related losses (ie late term) ) stay with the mother and are constantly around her and help guide her. It also says that often when the mother gets pregnant again, the little soul will have 'first dibs' on inhabiting the new healthy body and is reborn. For those that dont get reborn, they grow up on the other side and stay close to the mother forever.

I found that very sad but very comforting and i just wanted to share it with you all,

Have a great day,
    Lisa

SmallSquirrel Guest

Smile

Morning Girls,
    Hope you are all well.

Megan - I hope AF arrives for you soon. Remember you are allowed to feel however you feel: Angry, Sad, Whatever. No need to appologise for that.

Kelly - I hope you are enjoying your day off!Is your scan today or tomorrow? I cant wait to hear all about it. Congrats on your teams win.

Shan - Hope your DH enjoyed the love in (he he) and that your lucky bamboo is REALLY lucky. So sorry to hear that AF has arrived - are you sure it is AF? What is vitex and what is it for?

Sez - Seeing as you are the expert, what are your recomendations for HPT? You had better get used to preggie brain. Once the baby is born it turns in to "Mothers Drift". Can be handy at times.

Apes - Sorry to hear about AF. I hope your weekend away helps you to relax. Happy Birthday!

Kez - After a D&C it can take 6-10 weeks for AF to arrive. I expect it would be similar for EP. Hang in there.

Kate - Bugger about the BFN. Reading your post I had a lump in my throat. I can soooo imagine how you were feeling. great work on the 2kg. If you dont mind me asking, how did you do it?

Me - I have officially entered the TWW. This will be my freak out time (made so much better by the fact that Scanlon tends to be a grumpy baby!). Roll on October 6.

Ciao for now.

SmallSquirrel Guest

Hi Lisa,
    We must have been posting at the same time.

I hope AF arrives soon. With the whole pink on the Toilet paper thing, it is always so hard to know. Could it be implantation on the beginning of AF? Who knows? I think that is one of the hardest things about this whole caper. Even after my second m/c I kept fooling myself that it was just a bleed and everything would be OK.
    I hope everything does work out for you.

Paige

Hi Ladies!!

I hope everyone is well and had a great weekend!! I'm going to apologise up-front for the lack of personals - I'm just really, really tired and not quite in the right frame of mind to keep up with everything - please forgive me!!!

Lisa - Wow, your post was absolutely incredible - you've still got me in tears about the angel book - thank you sooo much for sharing that with us. It really touched me. Just so beautiful and has given me so much hope being pg again. As for your crazy body - hang in there sweety - I'm praying that the pink CM was nothing and all is going to be great! Do you think you'll test again today?? Maybe go for the blood test?? GL with whatever you feel comfortable with - we're all here for you!

Paige - I'm loving my day off but didn't sleep well at all last night, so I'm feeling a bit down and really tired today!! My scan is tomorrow, so that's not helping. I think I'm secretly freaking out already - this just isn't like me. I can't control myself!! GL with the tww - I feel like that's where I'm at every two weeks at the moment as it's two weeks for me between appointments - madness.

Kate - I'm still holding out hope for you too honey!! Have you thought about going for a blood test?? Might be a good idea to ease your mind a little! Take care sweety!

Shan - So sorry to hear about your crazy cycle and af arriving. I'm afraid I don't know anything about vitex but am wishing all the best!!

Apes - Bugger that damn af arriving. Hope she's being kind to you and GL next cycle.

Sez - Hope all is going well. Have you made your first appointment yet and if so when is it?? GL.

As for me... I'm really tired today. Didn't sleep much at all last night - I think I'm already stressing about the scan tomorrow - just can't seem to help myself. You must all think I'm absolutely nuts - sorry - I'm really not!! Found it quite hard seeing one of my friends last night - she's 4 weeks ahead of what I would have been and ready to pop in a few weeks. I couldn't help but think I should be at that stage too, instead I'm stressing over my 8wk scan and still have 4wks till I'm in the clear (so to speak). Just not fair that I'll never enjoy early pg.

Anyway, can't really complain so sorry about that - I'm just tired. Thank god I'm not at work today!! Am desperately looking forward to the appt tomorrow and will let you all know how I go.

Kelly xxx

Miss Kitten Guest

Hi all,

Paige - re weightloss...a gf of mine is a naturopath and has put me on a diet - I don't really like the term diet it's more of a healthy eating plan (not that I wasn't healthy eating before) and she has changed the combinations of food types that I eat. Basically it is a high protein and low gi diet combination. Lots of green vegetables and meats, nuts etc. She works for a big company in Sydney and has had really good success of ladies falling preg on this diet too...so I guess I'm hoping for a double whammy!...lol...ps. fingers crossed for your 2ww...

Megan - agree with Paige - you are entitled to feel any way you want to. Whatever, we are here for you.

Kel - looking forward to news from your scan...keep us updated.

Shan & Apes- commisserations on AF - I think I'll be in that boat with you guys soon.

Sez - I'm so sorry we couldn't ride this wave together but have I told you how stoked I am for you? I want all the details babe...

Kez - sorry about you EP darl, but we're all here if needed.

If I've missed anyone, I truly apologise. I have chipped a tooth and the pain is unbelievable and I can't get into my dentist until tomorrow afternoon..*groan*...so I'm putting in a top effort to be brave when I drink my water...excruitiating!!!

Luv & hugs,

Kate x.

Hi gals - where is everyone today? Sure is quiet in here....

Kelly - wishing you the best of luck for your scan tomorrow sweety. I'll be thinking of you and sending loads of positive vibes your way tonight so you can get through the night. Praying you get to see a nice strong hb on screen tomorrow.

Me - well I had a small incident of spotting earlier today and really feel af pain so Im thinking its about to hit in full force - BRING IT ON!! I just want to get it over and done with so I can get to some serious baby making over the next couple of weeks!

Hi Girls,

Apes, sorry to hear that AF arrived for you, enjoy your weekend away for your birthday!

Sez, I guess you will know more about your dates when you have your first scan. When do you think that will be?

Kate, Sorry about the BFN but congrats on losing 2kgs WOW!

Lisa, Wow about your crazy body, its just not giving you any clues is it. Do you think that maybe your naturopath didnt put anything in your ovary area last time because you might have been ovulating late and therefore this is an implantation bleed? im hoping for you honey. Thanks too for what you said about the angels staying close to their mummy's can i ask what the book is called because i am interested in that sort of stuff.

Paige, GL with the TWW i hope it goes quick for you and ends with that BFP!

Michelle, How are you doing honey? I have been thinking of you everyday and wondering how you are holding up.....

Well guys i had my ultrasound today and all is well (I wont go on here because i dont want to offend anyone but i posted in PAML if anyone is interested). I am really excited and am spreading heaps and heaps of ***babydust*** around in here so grab a couple of handfuls to hold on too!

Love Sarah xx

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast