Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ April 2009 #2

Good luck Mel.. sending lots of positive vibes your way xx

to everyone

Mel - Will be thinking of you at 3.

jen - Happy Birthday to DS2! Loved the skydiving video. Thanks for sharing.

Hello everyone

boble I also get really excited about taking my temp (getting closer to o and after that) but at this stage after af it's a little boring! Good luck with your appointment honey

and Mel Can't wait to hear your good news I am so excited for you..... Like I'm the one getting a bfp or something

Sally how sweet is our dh with the little pearls awwwwwwwww I do hope you are pg this time, would be extra special (if that is even possible!!!) What I mean is that the little one would definitely be 'pearl'

In a place where Love is what we breathe!

Cool

HIYA!

First off, Mel................OMG!!!! I can't wait to hear your good news!!!! you get your forever bubby
    Jen: Can't wait until I can make cupcakes for my kiddies either! Enjoy his special day! Thanx for the persies feedback too, im still trying my best
    Charm: Well done for having such a positive outlook! Its very inspiring.
    Sally: Hoping beautiful Broome gives you your little Pearl(s!!) Ive got a funny feeling you'll be sharing good news very soon with us all!

AFM: Well RB (I prefer RB over AF!) has been gone now since Sunday the 19/4. Ive never charted before and don't really want to start just yet. Im being naive in hoping it won't be necessary. I have always paid attention to mucous, but as Jen pointed out earlier when your actively trying it is not always easy to be clear whose fluids are whose!! Im not sure either how long or short my cycles are now, my last RB (really my first proper after the d&c) was VERY VERY heavy and painful and lasted on 4 days. Hopefully she won't return for 9 months and I will be happily UTD! We'll see

Ciao bella's for now, i'll be popping in regularly to see how Miss Mel is doing tho!!!!!

Default sooky post.. and questions

Mel: !!!! Hope everything goes well, we cant wait to hear from you! Only 5 mins till ur appt!!!

AFM: I was feeling ok this morning then went to DR to get my scan results to see if the cysts i had were gone and they have. Everything is clear. I am now waiting to ovulate and then ill go get my progestorone tested along with some other blood tests to check me out and put my overstimulated mind at ease.. I have an excuse to buy some POAS OPK now hehehe WOO! I got a refferal to a woman gynie in Newcastle and appt is 22nd June. First available. there is a SEVERE shortage of women gynies around for TTC!!! Im hoping ill be UTD by then It just stirred up alot of emotions that i didnt want stirred up..could have something to do with it being 2 months today since baby died..

As I was leaving the DR he said to get DH to come in and organise a sperm test. I said I dont know how he'd feel about it but think he would be ok. DR kindly reminded and pointed out to me that Im the one doing all the work so its only fair on me that he get tested just in case. Poor man.. lol says me volunteering to get poked prodded and pr1cked!

Anyone else done the testing of hormone levels? If so need to know what day you went in on? IE. How many DPO?

Hey all,

Going to attempt some persies, but it had been so busy since I went a bit awol, so please forgive me if I have missed anyone or got the names wrong...

Boble - Thanks for posting a big hug for me - made me smile and feel very special!
    Arggg - Friends who borrow money - I have been burnt but by family! I had a giggle about you paying for a budgeting seminar! How'd your phone consult go with the Sydney clinic?

Mel - I know what you mean about waiting to scream from the top of your lungs that you are pg. The worrying that the bubba won't stick is always in my head. Sticky vibes. Can't wait to hear about your appt.

Eliza - Sorry to hear about RB. I didn't mean for her to leave my house and go to yours...Hehe about the unprotected sex. Must have been those people that have sex once & fall pg that wrote the program on sex ed!
    Oh no! Surely just an oversight/misunderstanding with the RE agent?!

Cherished - The chewing must be a male thing - DH is a bit of a piggy like that & sometimes I have to look away in digust.... :-(

Jen- I don't know much about ff, but I laughed my head off about DH's 'extras' - hehe!

Hello to: Hannah, Shortcake, MO3B, Chappas, Megsmum, Greenslw, Meh, Mannie, Smi Julie, mollycat,erybery,Sally & Smallfry.and anyone else I have missed or is just lurking.

AFM - Well I think I am over my crappy feelings (I think?!). I found out yesterday that one of the mum's in out mum's group is 5 weeks pg and of course they only had sex once - whatever! Something I thought I was dreading on hearing, but when I got told I couldn't stop feeling really truly happy for her. Her DH actually let the cat our of the bag & I think she was a bit annoyed with him (she lost her dd when she was 5 days old). Poor love is feeling sick, tired & all that stuff that sort of sucks when you are pg, but is also a good sign for some of us. Another of my gf asked me yesterday how I was going, but all I said was the same - didn't want to go in to all my crazy emotions just in case I'd break down (she is 24 or so weeks pg). Anyway, I'll be back supporting us all and putting in my comments here & there more often.

Be back later for Mel's post.
    xx

Default woohoo woohoo yayayay

Well, I have just gotten off the phone to Dr Devora Lieberman... and I think I love her! She is actually going to help! she said the main things have already be ruled out. The blood clotting thing is the biggest reason for recurrent miscarriage - we don't have that... the other big thing is chromosomal issues... we're all good there - so the testing I have already had has ruled out the usual suspects.

I told her about the spotting i had in both the last pregnancies and also pre-af every month and she wants to do a biopsy of my uterus at the end of a cycle to look into that further and also run some ultrasounds to check it out. So, its a good start. I also think she will be doing an analysis on DH's sperm (well, i think i will insist - i really think we should check that out too and make sure everything is moving along "swimmingly" :P ) so... Im really happy that someone is listening to us and willing to help! and she is just lovely! I almost wish i could go and have the testing done through there just so that I got to meet her in person - but the logistics of it just won't work out.

anyway.. so that is my big long update.

PLC - thanks so much for the good luck on msn.. I just thought that was the sweetest!

Rhi - welcome back lovely! that is great that you were able to be happy for your friend at mums group. sounds like the trooper boots are now firmly on your feet! good news.

Coco - gee thats a looong wait - i you are utd before you get there! And a big super hug for you on this day. 2 months.. gee, I bet it feels like longer and not that long ago all at the same time. *squeezy hug* Im not sure about the hormone testing as I haven't had any of that done. good luck with it all.

Sunny - i hope you are UTD soon too and that you don't have to deal with RB for another 9 or so months.

Cherished - hehe, glad im not the only one that get excited about the next temp.. although RB time is kinda boring!

Mel - can't wait to hear how the appy went

Ok, better go. DH is just about to finish work and we have the groceries to do next - fun! I might treat myself to some HPT's i've been so good this month! hehe.

talk soon xx

Red face

God blimey my neck hurts! I definatly think i've slept wrong! Ive had the heat pack on for a while, but no relief so i'm considering a panadol. Im not a big medication person, would rather sought it naturally, but im definatly having one this time! I even refused pain meds after the d&c, which actually wasn't that bad, but the suspected uterine infection was worse!!
    Anyway, ive just finished doing dinner in the slow cooker................mmm, korma curry, yummy! Come on round if your nearby, id love your company! I lurve my slow cooker though,as it does everything PERFECTLY! All the housework is done and im just checking back in see if there are any announcements yet (Mel-Hope you've been busy celebrating and thats why we havent heard anything yet and I its what you want to hear.)

Thanx Boble for your positive wished for me!
    Going to chill and watch a good cheesy soap on TV like Bold and the Beautiful, have a cuppa, then come and lurk maybe.....BAHAHA!

Take it easy girls!

Mel - We're waiting! LOL *taps foot impatiently*

Hi girls, havent' read any posts as I'm still at work (sorry!) I was just quickly checking in to see if Mel had posted....

Mel how could you leave us all hanginig NAAA JUST KIDDING BEAUTIFUL GIRL!!! I hope you are celebrating with your dh

Lightbulb

WOWZA!!!!!!!!!!
    I finally worked out how to create a ticker!!!! The only downside is i dont really know if my cycles are regular, as youve heard me say before. I put in that my cycle length was 38 days (used to be 35, was 39 from the d&c) and that this cycle started on Apr 15th. Hopefully its a good estimate length wise!?!?!

Quick question, even thoug I dont temp or chart etc, roughly what day would the average woman ovulate on during a similar cycle? Justwant to make sure im getting the right info!
    Thanks again everyone!

Sorry girls, only just got home.

Well it's official, I have my ! I am so happy and excited and can't wait for DH to get home so we can celebrate! When I arrived at my FS office, his nurse gave me the thumbs up and told me that I must be very early judging from my HCG levels. When I saw my FS and said that I think I o'd on CD16 but it could have been later he said me levels of 161 was perfect for 4 weeks and 4 days (which I am if I o CD16). He said he was more than happy with that and he didn't hesitate or have to think about it so I trust him. I am not going to google hcg levels as I completely trust my FS and he has put my mind at ease. To help ease my anxiety he gave me a request to get a blood test done mid next week if I want my levels checked which I think I will do.

I am booked in for a dating scan on Wednesday the 6th of May (a week after DH's birthday!).

I am just so happy and still can't quite believe it. I still want to lurk around this thread a little longer (the 6 week mark will be my biggest hurdle). But I want to hang around so I can still support you all and give you all hope just like plc, AJC, megsmum, smi, mollycat and all the other girls who now have their BFP or little bundle of joy have given to me over the last few months.

You need to believe that you will all get your BFP's, I just know it. It's not a matter of if but when (I just hope it's soon for all of you!).

Ok, I just have to read through all you posts and I will be back for persies!

Smile

WOO-HOO MEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Mel, big congrats hun 161 is a great number, mine was 184 on 15DPO if you would like a comparison. And good move to not Google, we had a shaky start and my FS reassured me (twice! ) that all would be OK and he was right despite what Google said - they are the experts after all. Have fun celebrating with DH!

Oh Mel, I'm so so very happy for you.. Congratulations hun. Looks like you got want DH wanted for his birthday after all. Wishing you the stickiest of stickies and a happy & healthy 9 months. Yay, we get to be belly buddies!

boble - I'm glad your phone appointment went well. It must feel good to finally have a medical professional who is on your side and isn't going to brush you off. I hope you get some answers soon

YAY Mel

Sunny Woman who have a normal 28 day cycle are said (in the text books) to ovulate on day 14. I have a 30 day cycle and usually ovulate on CD16.

Boble sohappy you are getting help and are happy with the dr *hugs*

AFM I have acupuncture tomorrow and then we are heading off camping for 3 night (oh how will I ever cope without bb!) I must run as I am sipping on a glass of red and want to cook dinner before dh gets home xoxooxox

Evening ladies,

I thought I would join the thread if that is okay! I miscarried on Sunday at approx 7 weeks with my first pregnancy. Prior to that I have been TTC for 2 years and started seeing a FS this year and was put on clomid. Was absolutely ecstatic at falling pregnant after only one round of clomid but unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be. I thought everything was going wonderfully, no morning sickness, feeling really good. Apart from having PCOS I was told perfectly healthy.

The good news was at least was that the ultrasound I had showed I have had a complete miscarriage so no need for a D & C or meds to expel what was left. I was pretty emotional on Sunday afternoon and Monday, but now I feel fine about it now, I just wish you could find out why it happened.

I've been told by my GP I can start trying again whenever I want, I think I might wait a couple of weeks as I don't feel completely ready yet. But I am paranoid it is going to happen again and I don't want to become anxious about it.

Anyway thanks for letting me share, hopefully the next time I fall pregnant it sticks!

Condolences to those who have lost a little angel and lots of sticky vibes to those who are TTC! Looking forward to getting to know you all

Laura xx

MEL Yay, we get to be belly buddies. Woooo hooo. So happy for you hun.

AFM - I also had my pg confirmed today. I think my doctor had a grin as big as mine was last week when I walked out the door. He was so happy and wanted to send me along for a scan straight away. I've decided to wait for that one til I see my OB. I'm off for blood tests tomorrow, so I guess it will be Tues before I get the results of those.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast