... 910111213 ...

thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ April 2009 #2

Apr 2007
    NSW

Mannie - Yep you will need a script from your GP, that's right. I would also think that a GP is more likely to give you the pessaries than Pregnyl too, I think the Pregnyl is more of a FS thing KWIM? I'm pretty sure you can't just walk into a clinic and get them, because when you are with a clinic you are also under the care of an FS with the clinic if that makes any sense? So basically your FS is the doctor prescribing them even though you don't have a script. And yes I did have a 7DPO prog BT done when on the pessaries but not when on the Pregnyl. And I should say that both of them were very effective at lengthening my LP. Good luck, happy to help!

boble - Yay for deciding to go ahead with the program, I know from my perspective I just wanted to make sure all bases were covered when we TTCed again after my m/c, and this sounds like an excellent way of ruling out any potential problems. Good luck hun!

Jun 2008
    Cardiff Heights

Do you think that a high Estrogen diet is cause for a shorter luetal phase aswell? I have got 2 books on fertility and diet and they talk about lowering your intake of foods that are high in estrogen, or maybe its not that they have estrogen so much as they make your estrogen soar..should have written that first sorry..

I googled it and it had something on there about it. I didnt take a great deal of care with my diet last cycle admitedly so i will be being more careful this time!! Everything helps!

Apr 2007
    NSW

Coco - Yeah I've heard that theory too, I think it could be for some ladies but I'm pretty sure it wasn't in my case. I had full cycle tracking done and my oestrogen levels were totally normal in both phases of my cycle (except for one mental cycle that I had ), it just seemed like there was some problem with prog production not lasting for as long as it should. But I *think* that if the oestrogen levels stay too high in the luteal phase, then maybe you will have ovulation or implantation problems happening - it does drop a bit after ovulation has happened. Or maybe its more a problem of oestrogen vs prog levels in the luteal phase as I know some of the IVF ladies (myself included) have had pretty high oestrogen levels at egg pick up, but we then also had higher than normal prog levels after egg pick up.

In the end, I'll never really know what my problem was - I've always had shortish cycles and I think in the end that my age didn't help with the hormone problems, as we never had any problem conceiving DD naturally 5 years ago. I don't know.....

And I agree with WTH, wouldn't hurt to give the B6 a go either, when I used it I got an extra day added to my LP, which still wasn't enough for me to fall pg, but in someone else could just be the difference. I found some 100mg ones at a local health food shop, PM me if you want the name I see you live not too far away from me

So sorry that RB arrived
    Last edited by nicjay; April 21st, 2009 at 04:59 PM. : Just adding more thoughts....

Sep 2008
    Sydney

Boble - I really hope they can get you some answers soon.

Oct 2008
    Tasmania

Hi everyone,

Kiwigirl - Thankyou so much for popping into our thread and sharing your wonderful success story. Your little boy is just gorgeous.

smi - Good to see Miss Nahla is doing so well and keeping you on your toes already! Thanks for the good luck vibes.

shortcake - Every pg is different so there is always a chance before AF shows her face. You may not get the same symptoms as before. I have stopped myself from second guessing every symptom as I don't want to have the same symptoms as last time (iykwim?).

Jen - Couldn't get the stupid camera to work anyway, it wouldn't focus. It's a big, new fancy one. Where is DH when I need him? He is my technical go to guy! I love your accent! Sounds like busy times are ahead for you, at least time will go quickly until your Dr's appointment. Remember to look after yourself

Boble - Whilst FF is great I wouldn't always trust what it says. If you had a restless night then that could effect your temp. I'd listen to the chart whisperer As for your friend, I really wouldn't feel comfortable lending them the money but it is your decision. I am so happy you have decided to have the tests, good luck sweetie.

Rhi - Hi!

coco - I'm sorry hun I hope you don't have to wait too much longer for your BFP. I'm glad you seem in good spirits. Have fun decorating your cousin's cake - I love decorating ones for my nephews! I agree with the sex ed comment, how naive I was when DH & I started this journey.

Mollycat - Thanks. Hoping we can be belly buddies

cherished - I'm glad you are feeling strong enough to post in your old thread. Well done sweetie

mannie - Thanks, I think I am slowly starting to believe it. DH was a little reserved at first but now he is starting to believe and get excited about our little 'peanut'. this is your month. Sounds like you are doing all the right things!

Megsmum - Where would we be without your knowledge?

WTH - Hi

erybery - How are you going?

I think that is it from last time I posted. Big Hi to everyone who may be lurking.

AFM - So sorry I didn't get back last night. I just couldn't look at the computer screen so I took a couple of panadol and went to bed. I tried to post this morning and our internet was down! Thanks for all your help with the panadol question, I was pretty sure I could as SIL is a pharmacist but I was still unsure and felt guilty taking it (iykwim?). I had struggled all day to the point where I was almost throwing up. I am still not quite ready to post the big BFP yet (want to wait until official confirmation) but I am feeling more and more like I am pg. I feel so bad as our baby deserves me to believe from day one but I am just so scared of getting my hopes up. When I woke up this morning though my bbs were so much rounder and fuller and a bit veiny. I have had a day full of anxiety today, feel heaps better now I have read lower back pain is very common in early pg. I just associate with AF so it freaks me out a little. Had a mini breakdown last night and poor DH had to calm me down. Just being alone with my thoughts I got a bit carried away.........And I couldn't even post to you girls as I could hardly open my eyes!

I am sitting in my pj's writing this (I changed into them straight after work). Better go, dinner is in the oven and I am starving.

Apr 2007
    NSW

I am a dope WTH posted about the vitamin B6 to Mannie, not to you Coco - sorry about that ladies preggie brain strikes again.

Mannie - I agree wouldn't hurt to give the B6 a go, it is not real expensive especially compared to the pessaries. Like I said in my last post, I got an extra day to my LP by using it, you never know it could be of help! And now that I think about it, I reckon the tabs were 50mg not 100mg, I'm pretty sure I was taking 2 a day along with a TTC multivitamin which had hardly any B6 in it. HTH

Mel - for you!

Coco - I only just noticed you were from around here LOL! I live in Wallsend, so not far away and DH is a Cardiff boy

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.
    Add Sunny Love on Facebook

Apr 2009
    In a place where Love is what we breathe!

Wink

Here goes nothing. My first attempt at persies. They're very overwhelming considering all the 'goss' of late. But i'll try!!!!

Mel1979: I'll be honest, im jealous! Not in a bad, nasty way, just a innocently selfish one. Haha! Im SOooooooo happy for you and ur partner!!!!!! Ive only just begun this journey and am so glad you have found your treasure at the end of the rainbow! Blue suits you, if you don'tmind me saying!

Shortcake: I wouldn'tnow what to expect with my next pregnancy, fingers crossed it happens though, for everyone. My first feels like a dream now, even though it was 6 weeks and 3 days ago, but hey,whose counting?!?!?!?!

Coco: As soon as that biatch AF is here, she's gone.I didn't know what to expect after my d&c as was horrified at her first arrival! She didnt visit long and now im BD'ing all the time, like you will be! Im not very clued upon the TTC theories, so forgive me if I can't/don't offer an unqualified opinion.

To those who are still trying: Im with ya darls!!!! Our dreams will come true, in one way or another. Its hard, tough, frustrating, painful and exhausting all at once, but we carry on. Hang in there and stay positive, were all here for each other!

For those UTD: Yay!!! Stay healthy, stay in touch. Your success, ur happiness is what hope some of us, not all, but some of us hang on to. I wish you all the happiness in the world.

Love from Sunny

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.
    Add Sunny Love on Facebook

Apr 2009
    In a place where Love is what we breathe!

Sorry for a lame persies all.

Love from

Sunny

Feb 2009
    Griffith N.S.W

Good evening lovely ladies well obviously if I complain and mope enough it brings on my AF she finally arrived so far looking like a proper AF thatnk goodness I was getting sooo very stressed over the last few days things are a little quieter around here lol not after one evening still days to catch up on wow. Today I went for my massage and I am felling a lot more positive maybe it a combo of AF and the massage she did some emotional work as well and it sounds weird but I don't feel as empty I feel like today it was okay to say goodbye to my baby (9 weeks after M/C) and I am ok I am not as scared to fall preg again mind you until I see the double line I will probably be different then but I am really hoping for a good month even though my mind is thinking for all us girls who fall tcc soon it will be a horrible 40 degree summer to go through but that will be the least of our worries I am sure take care have a wonderful evening my ds and dd need to go to bed so I can relax I am thinking. Let April be the month

Jan 2009
    Pennsylvania

coco- I'm sorry but I hate octomom! She does not seem to care about her children at all and that really bothers me. It seems like all she wants them for is the money.

mannie- I hope your TWW goes by quickly and ends in a BFP!

Boble- I hope the testing goes well and I hope they can give you so well deserved answers.

Mel- I'm glad its starting to feel more real to you. Sending you loads of sticky vibes.

charm- I'm glad your feeling more at peace. I think we all feel a little better once we get AF after our m/c. At least then we know we can start trying again.

to mollycat, cherished, smi, sunny, megsmum, erybery and WTH.

AFM- Not feeling well on my stomach today. Not sure if this is a good sign or not. Does anyone have any suggestions on how many dpo you should test? I'm just going crazy and wish I knew.

Mar 2008
    California

boble--Ok, I've decided that ff is whacked this month!!! Now MY O day has been changed from CD12 to CD17! Still have the same conception score, so chances are still the same, but I don't believe it one bit! I think ff is feeling a bit hormonal this month!

Sorry for no other persies, will bbl.... DF is in a skydive wedding today so I'm off to get ready! Just had to post my frustration at ff!

Jan 2008
    Indiana, USA

Hey gurlies!

jen...a skydive wedding? Alrighty then...

Jan 2009

Jen - looks like FF wants to keep us as 'dpo' buddies (well, close enough). Yep, looks as though FF is being very hormonal this month. So what is your conception score? I hope FF is confused by our looming bfp's A girl can dream

Skydiving wedding one of my friends boy friends tell me they are having a naked skydiving wedding.... but that is only because I am trying to marry her off and have told them the 3rd April next year will be a beautiful day for a wedding... but they have only been together a couple of months so I guess its a little too soon

I'll be back later xx

Jan 2009
    A Pirate Ship

Just popping in to say "GOODMORN'N"

Sep 2008
    Sydney

Shortcake - They say th best time to test is the day after your AF is due but I got my BFP at 11dpo so maybe you could do a test in a few days, if it is a BFN then test the next day or wait a few days.

Oct 2007
    Hunter Valley, NSW

Mel - I read your AFM and some of it could be written by me. I've also got back pain, stomach twinges, headaches and I'm sooooooo tired. Even before I started work for the day, i'm so ready to go back to bed. Still so scared that something will go wrong, but I guess that's natural with what we've been through. So excited that finally I've got my BFP and a bub on the way. What a special birthday pressie for me and I'm so looking forward to Christmas this year. All the symptoms are so different to last time, and I'm holding on to that. I'm guessing the back pain and twinges are so normal, our bodies have so much to adjust to in the first couple of weeks, I guess there has to be some payback. My DH doesn't say much at the moment, I think he's either in denial or self-preservation. Just so hoping that I can get through at least the next four weeks, maybe then we can breathe easier and manage to get through a H & H 9 months.

Jen - how exciting a flying wedding (maybe you could put that idea to DF). Imagine if it was your first jump

Boble - Good luck with your next step.

Charm - you sound so positive. Hope your BFP isn't too far away and you get to suffer the heat as well. Thankfully we're air conditioned.

to everyone else (I'm really no good with names)

Jan 2009
    A Pirate Ship

Hello again.... I missed perssies on heaps of stuff the other day and I can't remember who but someone was saying about a friend who borrows money all the time and doesn't give it back... I think it may have been boble? That totally sucks! I never lend money to anyone and everyone I know would not even ask because the answer would be "no I can't... as you know we have a budget which both dh and I stick to religiously... Perhaps ask you parents!" Wink wink nudge nudge!!!! Yeah have a budget yourself!!! HTH oh btw boble ff has totally lost the plot! your o was on CD17 I think.

Shortcake there are many sensitive test that say you can test as early as 10 DPO but I would wait a little longer, really until you have missed your period (if you can wait that long!) I hope your sickness is a good sign

Mel when I was pg I had the worst headache one day and DH was at work and my parents were staying with us on holidays. I had to get into bed and it got so bad I rang up dh crying cause it was horrible and I didn't want to take anything. Anyway by the time he got home I was SO up set and crying like crazy (making it worse no doubt) and he looked up on the net that panadol was totally fine. I'm sure all of my distress would have been worst for the baby than taking a couple of panadol so I will know what to do next time! I can't wait to see your official BFP

Sunny you did a great job with your perssies honey, and how cute are you with your second apology post ! LOL

Charm it's lovely to read about you being ok to see those 2 lines again and I hope you get them soon too!

Mollycat I love you ticker!!! Not sure if you have had it for a while or if I'm just seeing it now hehehe

Coco, can't remember if I answered you re the Oct belly buddy thread, yes I was in there with you and was so sad to see you go! I REALLY REALLY REALLY HOPE WE ARE BELLY BUDDIES AGAIN! I dont' know about you but I will be expecting to conceive in 12 days time and holding my healthy twin boys in my arms around Jan 24th 2010

Yes as you can all see I am very excitable today which is weird because I am going to the dentist for a filling soon

Hello to everyone else

Jan 2009

cherished - hello there lovely. I think I am going to have to be a bit more like you in the giving money out to people thing. We are trying to save - and the $1500 for the recurrent m/c testing is going to take a chunk out of our savings - so it is a fair call i think - in the end he was able to get an extension from c/link or something... so we didn't have to worry about it in the end.
    I hope I did O on cd 17 at least we are in with a chance then - or even cd20 -i would be happy with that

... 910111213 ...