... 678910 ...

thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ April 2009 #2

Jun 2008
    Cardiff Heights

If I turn the test I just took slightly in the light I can see a second line Im sure its just a shadow or something...I have been drinking lots of water though but didnt have a bfp with FMU on internet cheapie and now Ive spent money on not an internet brand test Im praying for something to happen one way or another..

Jan 2009

ok lovelies.. I am going to attempt peries before getting back to work. hehe... I love having my home laptop at work with me

Cherished - ohh that sounds like a good plan - I would love twin girls - how mad am I but I would be happy with one at this stage. and i hope you are right about both myself and Coco.
    Regarding symptoms.. no more then normal I have very yukky skin, but that is normal for pre-af. I had had crampy type feelings pretty much since O. Just light mostly.. and a couple of "pulling" pains on the left at my hip-ish area. I got a bit light headed and sick feeling yesterday afternoon.. and the spotting is different to how it normally is.. but it is still spotting and that would scare me if I were to get a bfp, since it is what has happened throughout the last 2 preg's and they have both ended in m/c. But some of my big ticket symptoms which i would like to have which i don't is very heavy and bigger (.)(.)'s, increased need to pee more.. and increased cm - so I don't think that it is it for me this month. Which is a shame - I was so hopeful (again) this month. But I won';t count myself out till RB arrives.

Sally - good to hear broom is nice. I hope you are enjoying it! *hugs*

WTH - thats sweet.. yeah it was very very hard on me and very bitter sweet, also being so young - I had always expected her to be there with me during that time so it was horrible. i even remember saying "if this isn't her I don't want it" - clearly a stupid statement - I would not change my little man for anything, but it was a very confusing time for me.

Jen - love the skydiving! and LOL at what he says at the end. I actually went back, turned the computer up (its very loud here at work) and rewatched the ending LOL. Im also super glad your sweet nothings are not going to smell oniony :P

Shortcake - you just never know... could it be too early? I hope your not out completely yet.

Mel - glad to hear that line is still there! Im super excited for you. And please don't censor yourself too much, while I appreciate that you are trying to be sensitive (which is so sweet) we would also love to hear how you are going *hugs*

Coco - how you going lovely? I was thinking maybe we could also do a 2ww list here? what do you all think? I hope AF is still staying away (if its a bfp for you this month) and if not then i hope it hurries up so you don't have to worry about it - but I am still hopeful for you.

well, a quick AFM - another person i know has just told me this morning that she is preg. 10wks. I am happy for them. they have been trying for 12 months and had to go down the ivf road. She told me personally before announcing it on fb which was nice. I am hoping she has a happy and healthy pregnancy! I am hoping all these preg vibes will have to rub off on me sometime :P

Jan 2009

oh Coco... how long after POAS did the 2nd line come up? was it within 10 minutes..... what brand of test did you get? I feel like buying a box of first response tests to send out at testing time.. kinda like the TTC santa I am still very very hopeful for you hun. I dunno... I am just feeling positive vibes coming from you. *hugs* lets hope im right

Jun 2008
    Cardiff Heights

Boble: It was ermmm..*me runs out to look at box* Discover Onestep. The one that gives you vitamins in the box too, so if it does turn out to be a shadow I paid $15 for 2 weeks of vitamins hehe. line was there when I looked at 3-6 mins and I am just laughing at myself turning it in the light hehe. I guess Ill wait until tmo ovbiously to test again and im still unsure that I ovualted on day 11 like FF is saying, seeing as I had ferning about good friday and thats when the other program thinks I ovulated lol bahahaha
    I have very yukky skin, but that is normal for pre-af. I had had crampy type feelings pretty much since O. Just light mostly.. and a couple of "pulling" pains on the left at my hip-ish area. I got a bit light headed and sick feeling yesterday afternoon.. and the spotting is different to how it normally is.. but it is still spotting and that would scare me if I were to get a bfp, since it is what has happened throughout the last 2 preg's and they have both ended in m/c. But some of my big ticket symptoms which i would like to have which i don't is very heavy and bigger (.)(.)'s, increased need to pee more.. and increased cm - so I don't think that it is it for me this month. Which is a shame - I was so hopeful (again) this month. But I won';t count myself out till RB arrives.
    Boble: I normally have reeeeeaaaally bad skin breakouts about now, but my skin is clear, my Body temp is feeling high, like warm *****ly, and my boobs are quite heavy at the moment (even though they're normally heavy anyway given that im a size 10 "G"inormus. *sigh* we looove the dont we? lol

PS... in here sounds great! Did you want me to do it here aswell? If not someone else? If me then can everyone let me know how many DPO you are as of tmo and we'll get the baby (ha!) rolling!
    Last edited by coco1411; April 20th, 2009 at 03:03 PM.

Jan 2009

hmmmm *quietly jumps up and down* - I am feeling pretty positive for you lovely lady! 2nd line within 10 minutes means there is hcg in your system which would only be there if you were UTD... so I am going to quietly be happy for you and think positive thoughts until you got a nice strong definite 2nd line

Jan 2009

oh, woops - missed that bottom bit to your post in my excitment lol.

I think it would be great to have a 2ww list in here.. and if you don't mind doing it I am 8dpo today.. but you already knew that :P

Jan 2009
    A Pirate Ship

Coco & Boble..... I HOPE YOU ARE BOTH PG!!! I read your post so quickly cause I wanted to ask coco if you tested this morning and there was a very faint line? If so 'how' faint?

Jan 2009
    A Pirate Ship

Coco OMG I am so excited for you that I can't even go back and read the posts properly I CAN'T wait until tomorrow to see if it is surely a

boble how cute are you with you TTC santa idea

And girls I think a ttw list is a great idea I just know you'll be next boble! (after coco) YAY

Feb 2009
    Griffith N.S.W

Hello lovely ladies it looks busier than pitt street in here wow I had about six pages of catching up to since friday evening lol. Congrats to everyone BFP it's awesome to see so many hopefully in the next few days there will be more by the sounds of it .
    I unsure what to do I am 3 days after my AF was due and she is awol and I tested again I am still BFN It's been 9 weeks wed since D&C and I only had a day af last month and some spotting nothing for 3 weeks I am starting to get worried no AF means BFN ?? I am sure so I am unpatiently waiting for my AF hint hint body I am thinking I might make an app with the gyno that did my D&C as he is the only one in town. Take care everone have a great evening although I might pop in later.

Fifi congrats on your baby that is fantastic news I am glad you are both well.

Jun 2008
    Cardiff Heights

Cherished: I did one this morning that said negative. I was with an internet cheapie. Its my first time using them so I cant comment on their reliability *shrug* It might have been a shadow I did have to really look but yeah im sure I saw one, but again...who knows I dont know whether I am due today or wether I am due in another 3 days. Either way Im sure I will drive you all insane with my many posts hahaha Im certainly not posting it as an emoticon until I know fo sure.

Sep 2008
    Sydney

Coco - I soo hope you get the BFP, I would wait a few hours and do another cheapie test, It may show up????

Jan 2009

Charm - I think you definitely need to go in and get checked out. Gee the waiting is such a killer isn't it! I hope you are able to get in fairly quickly

Cherished - I would love to be the bfp santa although the poas santa would be a good start to that

Coco - Im still jumping up and down quietly for you :P

well, nearly home time for me - yay! I have found somewhere in my area that does yogalates.. and I lost something like 14kgs (over 18mths) doing it about 5 years ago so would love to get back into it. the class is on tonight, but just not sure I want to go. I know I will love it... but gee its cold out there tonight.. such good curling up in bed weather I wonder if it would be safe to do while preg??? I guess I am going to panic and do as little as possible once we get our bfp - you know, just in case.

Something I have been thinking about a bit today while I have been at work... last time i was preg I would stand with my hand on my stomach - i didn't notice i was doing it and then when I did notice I would stop myself (so not to get caught out at work)... but the day before the m/c I noticed I had just that day stopped doing it... I guess maybe I must have known some how.. we I had the u/s the next day it showed baby at the right size for the day I had the u/s and m/c.. so it looked like they had only stopped growing over that 24 hours or so... just wanted to share - and see if anyone else had that sort of thing happen to them? with my july m/c I didn't have anything like that at all... no protective hand on my tummy or anything really... I was just so excited and the smell of meat cooking made me sick - thats how i knew it was all happening.

Jan 2009
    A Pirate Ship

Hi boble, it's me....... again! I didn't know anything was wrong with my pg. The fetus had died 2.5 weeks before I had the first scan I felt horrible that I didn't know anything was wrong. I still felt sick so I thought everything was fine. The ob told me that the hormones that make you sick remain even though the fetus dies so I will know next time that morning sickness does not = a healthy and living bub! I also felt upset that dh and I had been talking to them etc when they were not alive and I thought dh would be a little shy at doing that again and that really upset me I actually told him that that is one of my main worries with when I am pg again, that he wont play with me like he did and talk about "when they will be here and what we will do with them and rub my belly etc" And my beautiful hubby started talking to my belly right there and then telling it to start getting ready to be our babies first cubby house! awwwww OK so another long post about me, but since we are sharing......

Jun 2008
    Cardiff Heights

Cherished: As crappy as it is not being pregnant straight away, didnt you find just soooo much closure when AF did come?? Just asking because all I wanted was a positive test and my baby back but as soon as AF started last month I felt overwhelmed with happiness and closure and it was like the grieving had turned into acceptance. Im still upset about it but I havent really cried as much as I was.

Just feeling really at peace with it.

ANyone else felt like this?

Oct 2008
    Tasmania

Hi everyone,

Well, another update. I couldn't get into to see my FS until 3 pm on Thursday! Luckily they had actually had a cancellation or I wouldn't have got in this week. I never usually have a problem! Still can't quite bring myself to use the BFP symbol just yet. I have been having a few more symptoms but not sure if they are just wishful thinking. My bbs are getting sorer, I have a headache, dizziness, nausea and I am quite tired. Oh, and I go to the toilet every half an hour I have some back pain as well which worries me a little but I have read it is normal in early pg and in late pg as well. I am so hungry all the time and if I don't eat I feel sick. Eating everything in sight at the moment. DH will be lucky if his Easter eggs are here when he gets back

Now to persies.....

Cherished - Thanks hun. So sorry AF arrive If it helps though this is my 2nd cycle since the op (similar to a D&C) so I am hoping number 2 is the lucky one for you!

Shortcake - I agree with Jen, 9 DPO is too early to trust the test results. I know it is hard but try again in a couple of days.

Jen - Should I read something into the pink? My best friend is convinced I am having a boy! Great video by the way. Gee, your DF is brave, no way you would get me jumping out of a plane, unless I was going after a huge piece of chocolate cake

WTH - Thanks for the sticky vibes!

erybery - Thanks for your reassurance. The line has gotten a little darker each day which I think is a good sign but I am still a little paranoid

HannahD - Sorry, will have to wait until Friday for my results. At least DH will be home by then so we can get the results together. I didn't really want to get my results without him being here. How are you going sweetie?

coco - The cheap internet tests can take longer to come up. I know it says not to look at them after 10 minutes but with my first pg I had to wait longer and so did my best friend and she has 2 beautiful, healthy children. Test again in the morning and let us all know. I have everything crossed for you I also read (on BB) that if you hold your test at arms length and can still see the line it is a good sign! The first test I did was a shadow and it has gotten darker each day.

Sally - Glad you are having a nice holiday.

boble - I hope the pg vibes rub off on all of us too. I really think you should get a 2nd opinion on the spotting. It may be something that can be easily fixed? Last time when I was pg I was over the moon on the Thursday and then I woke up Friday with a feeling of dread and my bbs weren't as sore. I started spotting Friday night. I knew something was wrong that day. It makes me feel ill just thinking about it.

Charm - I would definitely be making an appointment to see someone. I hope AF arrives properly soon so you can start working towards your BFP! Or even better, you are pg and it's too early to test.

I am sitting here silently freaking out. Half the time I am over the moon thinking I am pg the other half I am thinking I must be dreaming. I miss DH He felt awful for leaving me, usually I am ok when he goes away but I really need him this week. So glad I have you girls. I wish I was clever enough to take a photo of my test and post it on here so I could get your opinions. Can anyone help me do this?

Feb 2009
    Griffith N.S.W

Mel with those signs I think you are pg 4 days till the dr you will go nuts well I know I would but it will soooo be worth the wait.

Cherished I also didn't have any symptoms that my baby had died the did the 12 week U/S and said bub had died 4 weeks before and I had no idea the doctor DH MIL etc kept asking didn't you feel that there was something wrong sadly I did not.

Ok goodnight everyone coco and Mel goodluck

Jan 2009

Oh Mel, im sorry you couldn't get in sooner - but good that DH will be with you to get the results. Not sure how you post pics up - Im still kinda new at all that is BB too

Cherished... naww your DH sounds gorgeous.. that made me a little teary reading about how he spoke to your belly there and then and saying about getting ready to be babies first cubby house nawwwwwww how gorgeous!

Well, DH thinks i am going insane... because I don't have really bad pms atm.. he said normally at this time of the month I am soooo cranky and angry and on such a short fuse... but i am happy, smiling and cracking jokes - he thinks i have officially lost it I can't believe he is complaining about not seeing my PMS monster :P hehe. I think he is trying to look for signs and hold on to some kind of hope for the month. I told him that my boobs aren't big or heavy enough I don't think... last pregnancy I actually took a pic of them they were that damn impressive hahahaha.

Sep 2008
    Adelaide

FET here I come

on the way to the clinic on Wednesday full of hope and excitment for my next FET this time will be our time. I'm floating on cloud nine, with a healthy dose of grounding but still happy.

Work is up and down, it's not easy being the boss, all those egos to deal with "humph" but I'm doing the best I can and I'm going to the clinic on Wednesday ok I'm not 100% work focused at the moment but work life balance is important right. hehehe

Good Day

... 678910 ...