Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ April 2009 #2

Coco - Im sorry, Hoping next month for your BFP!

Heh. We're always hoping and saying next month next month aren't we? It's stupid. Just fall pregnant bodies!!!! Its not hard apparently if i look back to sex ed...have unprotected sex...become with child.. lol

Coco - oh no! Im so sorry hun... i really thought it was going to be a bfp for you

Jen - nope, what you see is everything I have entered. I don't check my cervix (wouldn't even know what I was feeling). I will go and change it back and re-enter it and see what ff says.

Ok Jen - here is what it said:

Your new data input has modified your pattern enough for Fertility Friend to re-assess your interpretation.

Your ovulation day was moved from Cycle Day 17 to Cycle Day 23.

With more data added your pattern becomes clearer. The interpretation engine continuously examines your data to provide you with the best interpretation. You can read more about chart interpretation here.

Coco- I didnt mean to upset you by saying "next month". Im really sorry if I hurt you.

Boble - I'm sure FF doesn't always know what it's talking about - it tried to change my O date to day 27.

mel - I'm so happy for you. Can't wait to hear the results of your blood test.

Coco - Sorry hun, It's always a bummer when AF (or RF) shows up. Just remember miracles happen. I was told only a fortnight ago that I would need IVF to be able to fall pg. This one was conceived naturally with only the help of metformin because I have PCOS. The script for Ferara is still beside my bed, along with the request forms for Day 3 and day 21 blood tests (along with the request form for DH's sperm analysis).

Jen - love that video (and loved hearing your voice) Great to be able to put a voice to a name.

Smi to you too. and

boble--I think ff is full of s*!t!

Dinner is done.... mmmm... pizza! BBL for more....

hey! No erybery you didnt upset me at all! I was just being a little satirical and poking some fun at the fact we all say next time like its no big deal but really we're all peeed off and frustrated at not being able to just click our fingers and fall pregnant like some women :P

Im in good spirits, I dealt with the onset of AF (whats rb? and rf?) on saturday when spotting started. Just worried though that I think DH is going to be away again during the fertile phase this month.

Im all good..

Making a cake for my little cousins 1sr birthday and im soooo excited!!! I LOVE decorating cakes!!

Quote Originally Posted by coco1411 View Post
    Cherished: As crappy as it is not being pregnant straight away, didnt you find just soooo much closure when AF did come?? Just asking because all I wanted was a positive test and my baby back but as soon as AF started last month I felt overwhelmed with happiness and closure and it was like the grieving had turned into acceptance. Im still upset about it but I havent really cried as much as I was.

Just feeling really at peace with it.

ANyone else felt like this?
    Coco honey so sorry I haven't responded to this, I was too excited that you might get your bfp.... I'm not sure when my closure came, I think it was as soon as the spotting stopped after the D&C because I was back into temping and ttc. In fact it seems like a life time ago that I was pg and that the whole thing happened! But I've just looked it up and it was only 5 weeks yesterday that we found out we lost the bub... I dropped into my old belly buddy thread yesterday to say hello and one of them was saying that they were 16 weeks... I hadn't even thought of how far along I would have been! I am so focused of the one I will have forever and don't want to be in that energy of 'what if I were still pg, where would I be now' But hey ask me in Oct when the EDD comes around.... If I am not well & truly pg I might feel differently! It's still early days for me. However we get closure doesn't really matter as long as we get.... Love and hugs to you all

I agree that our bodies should just get pg!!! It's supposed to be easy according to the stern faced teacher in sex ed ahhhhh the scare tactics, they should just had out condoms and be done with it!
    Last edited by Cherished; April 21st, 2009 at 12:34 PM.

Cherished: werent you in my belly thread? Due oct 1-15? I was due on 15th Oct and I feel the same as you..unless im pregnant Im going to be upset on that day. I know i will as much as i try to think positive, it will be a difficult day. Bravo for going into that thread! I would not even be able to look in there...I had a ticker on my facebook that counted the babies growth and I stupidly looked at it about a month ago and lost my cool. I deleted it as was what i was doing in the first place but I wasnt planning to look at it.. ugh..Im ok i think now but just guess i dont want to speak to ppl at work or family or anything about it. denial is my coping mechanism still and im going well

Dr Phil has that lady with octuplets on...I hate her right now... I know she didnt plan to have 8 babies and it was an ivf mirical whatever...its not something i am enjoying seeing her be so blase` about.. anyone else feel a bit off about that?

yep Coco... it *****s me.. it *****s me to tears! I am having a bad day today and I am cranky.. very very cranky... especially after my DH just informs me that one of my best friends brand spanking new husbands messaged him asking him for $100 to borrow. Now, sure - help a friend out and all that jazz - but im p!ssed that SHE didn't ask ME! we have been friends for 10 odd years and she doesn't even ask me herself - and I was just talking to her on msn 30 minutes ago. Im so angry with her right now. (fairly sure I have well and truely found my ). Last time she borrowed money from me it took me begging and pleading with her to give it back about 6 months later because I was short of cash... so I am sure that whatever we give them we will not see again just what we need while trying to save for our recurrent m/c testing. sorry for the rant - im normally a very giving person - which is probably why they came to us... because normally I would just hand it over without a 2nd thought.... but today I am just not feeling the love. argh! Also the fact that they are complaining they have no money and she just bought herself a new iphone they don't want for any material possessions - they are always buying crap they don't need.. maybe to help them out i should pay for a budgeting seminar or something like that. ok, sorry really done with that now.

Cherished - good for you for going back into your Belly buddy thread. After my first m/c I had said that all i wanted was to be preg before my due date.. well, although that did come true unfortunately I lost our little one a month before our due date. I would have been smack bang on 12 weeks on our due date - i thought it was all meant to be. Now we are coming up to 12 months since we even started TTC... and we have one due date down and another fast approaching in August. who knows what the future holds.. hopefully it is heaps of sticky bfp's soon.

coco - you're such a trooper!

Jen - lol.. yeah I think so.. guess i will just have to wait it out. I have no idea where they pulled that O date - it just seems so out there in the middle of nowhere?? temps were pretty much up and cruising along for days and FF goes.. hmmm, lets just chuck O in there because there has been NO bd'ing. hahahahah lets screw them up good and proper lol. Ok, i know ff is just a computer - but grrrr at it anyway.

Hi All,

I?m back, finally have had problems with my bellybelly account and one of my posts last week wasn?t sent, (was suspended for a few days). All good now.

First thing I wanted to do was congratulate Fifi on the arrival of her baby boy, Charlie!! big hugs and glad all went with the birth, looking forward to viewing some pix.

Also Mel I believe you have a BFP!!!! Great news!!! Congrats I got a faint line with all 3 of my pg?s so long as there is a line even a faint one my doc told me its def a pregnancy!

Coco ? chin up darling, you will get your BFP soon I can feel it!

Jen ? skydiving!!! I was going to give that as a birthday gift to hubby earlier this month but couldn?t quite afford it at the time due to us going to Sydney over the Easter break, I?ve done it years and years ago and I loved it! Glad he did too.

Boble ? I too had some conflicting info this cycle from FF, they are saying that I O?d on Saturday when I know that I O?d on Sunday because my temp on Monday skyrocketed up by 0.41deg and my acupuncturist agrees with me. FF have put it down as a dotted line because my temp today was 0.20deg lower than yesterday but I know I?m right and I?m sticking with that.

Am now on my TWW after a BDing marathon this past weekend, my acupuncturist wants a copy of my FF chart 2 days before AF is due to arrive as she wants to check that my progesterone is doing what its supposed to and if not that I should go get the Prog levels checked by my GP and if needs be get suppositories or injections to boost it. Has anyone else had this done? I?m also on these disgusting herbs Dang Gui and Peony and I?ve also been given other chinese herbs to help with phase one of my fertility cycle and a relaxation CD pre ovulation and post ovulation, I think great, whatever will get me the BFP I so want I?ll do anything.

Hi to everyone else, smi, WTH, Toccara, Cherished, HannahD, Megsmum, and anyone else I?ve forgotten hope we all get our BFP?s soon, sending out lots of stickyvibes and Babydust

Just dropping by to say hi and everyone.

Jen - I had a little peek at DF's skydiving video, hope you don't mind? Very very cool!

But also wanted to post to Mannie - I've done both prog pessaries and Pregnyl injections to boost prog levels in the luteal phase, I had heaps of problems with too short a LP despite levels being OK on the 7DPO prog BT. Pessaries are super easy, although they are pretty icky and messy (a panty liner is a must LOL). I used to buy them thru the fertility clinic for about $150 for 2 weeks worth and claim them back from my PHI. The Pregnyl (HCG injections) protocol varies depending on the dr prescribing it, but I was on 3 injections 2DPO, 5DPO and 8 DPO. They are a bit ouchy and you may have to inject them yourself - I'm used to injecting because I have diabetes - but its pretty easy once you get the hang of it. My PHI wouldn't give me anything back for the Pregnyl but at only $45 for the 3 injections I wasn't too worried. I believe too that there is some form of injectable progesterone too, but don't really know anything about it, my clinic didn't use it.

The other thing with any form of LP support such as this, is that you will feel pg in the TWW!! Ignore all symptoms because it is the medication messing with your head! But I know all too well the feeling of putting up with whatever it takes to get a BFP, I hope yours is just around the corner hun

HTH xo

well i have news. I have booked in for the recurrant m/c testing program with sydney ivf. I have decided to go ahead with it. I have my first appointment at 4pm this thursday. Just a phone appointment. Unfortunately they said because it is a phone apointment it is not claimable back on medicare.. but oh well. Its $160. so not too bad. So.. that will mean that we won't be ttc for next month so that we can get it done (if they get it started when I get AF this time around) so.. thats my news.

Boble well done sweety!! Good luck to you both xxx

thanks for the info Megsmum, I thought you needed to have a script written by your GP to get the pessaries??, does this mean I can just go into the fertility clinic and buy them without a script? And did you get BT for prog during the TWW?

Boble - I also had a face to face meeting with Dr Gavin Sacks at Sydney IVF in late Dec 2008 and he was very reassuring, I had all my blood test results and he gave me info on how to regulate my TSH (Thyroid) which is what was causing my miscarriages. He is very good, they are all great there, my friend just did IVF with them and on her first attempt fell pg she is now 11 weeks!!! Goodluck with all your testing!

Thanks Mannie and Coco.. its funny coz i was putting it off - I just didn't want to deal with it - and most importantly didn't want to stop ttc while it was getting done. Plus it is kinda exxy... but I feel like maybe its the next thing I need to do.

Hi Boble - you and I shared a few exchanges about the RC MC program with SIVF recently on a thread you started. I wish you all the luck with this . I am really glad I invested in it before pouring bucket-loads of $'s into IVF It has made my current PG a lot less stressful

Mannie - I think Jen has posted about this before but Vitamin B6 is mean't to be good for extending your luteal phase and also for balancing estrogen and progesterone levels. They sell the pills of 25mg at the chemist (pretty inexpensive) and I've read up to 100mg a day is safe. More than that for a prolonged period is not mean't to be good for you. There will be some in your ttc multivitamin, but it is generally in small doses in those.

Coco - Sorry to read about the unwelcome arrival of AF/RB

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast