Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ August 2006

Keen honey - sorry its a bfn this morning. Are you late for af? Could it be that you tested a little early? I hope its early and still get that bfp.

Belle - thanks hun I feel great about it! Part of the herbs must be tonified in alcohol (vodka) so its a 10ml shot each night for both of us. So not too bad - the vodka makes it bearable . Apparantley there is something in some of the herbs that can stimulate ovulation in some woman, thus causing ovulation from both ovaries each month, but only in some cases. Fingers crossed!

not late for af - succumbed to pressure of hope, i guess... hoping it was too early, but majoroty of hope has gone out the window...

Keen - fingers crossed it was too early to test, I know lots of girls dont get a bfp until 14dpo. Chin up sweety dont give up hope just yet. I'll be like crazy for you.

Loads of hugs,
    Lisa

thanks Lise.

what else can we do but keep ...

Im not overly religious, but I do believe in the power of prayer. So here it goes girlfriend...

Miss Kitten Guest

Wow lisa...sounds like you have a great naturopath. Awesome news babe.

Keen - sorry for the -hpt. I have my shoulder ready for you to cry on if need be. It's heartbreaking when you really want it.

I'm hoping that everyone can be bellybuddies at some stage - sooner rather than later please

Well me...I'm on day 3 of my new cycle and I feel like ****e down south, but at least the cramps are easing a little. It's such a shock to the system to get period pain again after not having it for a couple of months.

I've got to go to the shops - Pitt Street Mall here I come...look out, crazy lady coming through...lol - and go buy some stuff. I'm going to have a bash at waxing my own legs b/c I can't get in to my regular beautician before I go away next week. This weekend will be hilarious!

How is everyone's day going? My work has settled down a bit, most of the women are still acting like children but you know...you get that...but I'm ok. I have a plan of action in place *insert evil laugh*.

Talk soon, when I get back from lunch.

Much luv & hugs,

Kate x.

Hi everyone,

Awww Lisa, That woman sounds just awesome, sounds like she has really helped you and given you something to look forward to over the next 3-4 months. Good for you for taking that next step toward your dream of being a mummy!

Keen, so sorry you got a BFN, but im noping with all my might that it was too early sweet!

Jayne, OMG 10 weeks, where has the time gone, you will be pushing before you know it girl! :eek:

Belle, good to see its not long before you O again, I will be praying you catch the eggy first go!

Well this place is so full now i just can't keep up! we need some graduates ladies!!

I think im in the middle of the TTW, i do have sore BB's which is a bit early for me as they normally get sore about 2 days before af.....not going to get my hopes up though been trapped by all these imaginary symptoms before.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, is anyone else due for AF besides Keen, we nedd some BFP over the weekend!

Take care
    Shell

Shell - hi there girlfriend! Mmmm maybe this whole not ttc'ing thing has worked - sure hope so I feel so much better going to see this naturopath, I cant wait to be a mummy!

And you are so right, we need some BFP's in here, starting with Ms Keen this weekend...

Afternoon all,

Jayne, Congrats on reaching the 10 week mark, GL with the blood test (they suck dont they lol). Where abouts in Perth are you? I live down in Busselton.

Shan, Its so hard not to notice CM isnt it, i hope that you manage to catch that egg soon!

Belle, Geeeezzzz Louise you are one spoilt girl lol make the most of it! I hope you are doing something nice for your DH back (well other than letting him bd you everynight to catch that egg lol). I am not charting, since i had Lucy it is pretty obvious to me when things are going on (i hope that i am right lol - maybe i dont know nothing!) so i am just taking signs off that ATM.

Lisa, Sounds great about your appointment, anything we can do to get you there quicker i am all for! Sounds interesting the things that she said though! GL i hope it works for you this month and not in 3-4! Its great that you are full of hope, you have every reason to be you are doing as much as you can to conceive that little baby and i am sure it is up there just waiting to come because you are going to make such a fantastic mummy!

Keen, I am really really hoping that its just to early for you...after all the positive things i have been hearing in here about you i am soooo hoping for a different result over the weekend. Incidentally one of my friends in my mothers group NEVER got a BFP, she was convinced that she was pregnant and rocked up to an ultrasound to find out she was 12 weeks with her little Emma...hoping that you have good news for us very soon!

Kate, i am dying to know what your evil plan for work is now lol.

Shell, Hope that your BB's are a good sign of things to come....

Michelle, How are you doing matey? Have you got over your flu yet?

Kirsty, How are you my friend? Happy Birthday to James for the 21st and of course i will be thinking of you later this month aswell. You are on the big countdown now to the appointment, bring it on so you can announce that BFP.

Amy, How are you doing? Still busy at work?

Sez, and anyone else i have forgotten HI, sorry there are just too many of us in here we gotta gotta gotta get some BFP's soon.

On a plus side my dad has booked tickets to take me and Lucy to Sydney in November to see U2 in concert (well Lucy wouldnt go to the concert lol)...now i know that i am probably being overly paranoid but i am not sure if i got pregnant that i would want to fly and go to a loud concert. I went to see Fleetwood Mac in Perth when i was 14 weeks pregnant with Katelyn and i am wondering whether i would just be stressing myself out looking at too many things being the same in the pregnancy (as i think i would be about 14 weeks again if i get a BFP this cycle)??? But then i also think i could catch up with some of you girls that live in Syndey in Person which would be cool....what do you girls think should i fly during pregnancy or not? Bearing in mind that i will be on Clexane again which thins the blood (although i guess this would be a good thing considering DVT's etc)...this is all assuming i will be pregnant by November - power of positive thoughts lol...

As for me, thanks for all the wishes on getting naked lol you girls crack me up! Definately O'd yesterday so am hoping that we managed to catch that egg, we have been bding everynight so hopefully that will be enough (although my confidence in that crumpled this month with you Lisa :-( well heres hoping that Keen is able to announce her BFP as soon as AF is due and we can start a new flood of graduates with her.

Love Sarah xx

Hello Lovely Ladies,

I cannot believe how much you girls talk just lately! I"m battling to keep up! I spend most of the time reading this thread with a smile on my face because you all make me laugh so much!

Shell - Listen to you 'I'm not TTC'ing but I think I'm in the TWW'. You sound exactly like I did! I'm really hoping that the carefree attitude plus all the sweaty gym clothes have paid off for you and that you're going to put all that weight back on! LOL. How is Hayleigh? Does she like the little top sent from Aunty Jayne? How is the Lemon Tree too? My EDD for my angel is on 21 Sept and I'm thinking of planting a white rose in a pot and putting the words around the pot 'In memory of the Angel we never met'.

Sarah - I'm in Waikiki, which is basically Rockingham but Waikiki sounds nicer! We love Busselton. I'm actually in love with the Palandri Winery just before Margaret River and I'm sooooooooo annoyed that next time we go there I can't *test* copious amount of wine! Alan suggested we buy a couple of bottles of my fave wines to open in celebration of the baby's birth, when the time comes. That sounds somewhat reasonable to me. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather be pg, but I AM a wino at heart!

Kate - GL with the home-waxing. That is going to be a hoot. I'd do one strip at home and give up because it hurt too much but you can't give up at the salon cos that's too embarrassing! I'm embarrassed about your splurge in Pitt St. I spent nearly $1000 in that mall in like 40 minutes. Jessica was asleep in the pram so I zoomed in and out of the stores in record speed when I was over there in May.

Keen - Bugger about the BFN, but you know that it might just be too early and you yourself have said AF isn't due!!!! Just wait a few more days!

Lisa - How was your tonic this morning? What does DH about him doing his part? I'm really excited to watch this naturopath journey unfold and it's great to hear a new sense of motivation unleashed in your posts too.

Me - Well I'm having a weird day. Last night I got off the couch kinda awkward and I had a searing pain in my side, kinda like my pelvis had somehow twisted, but that passed and now today I have had NO m/s or anything. I'm worried something is wrong. I want to ring the m/w and get her to do a quick scan, but I don't want to be portrayed as a total looney either. YKWIM? I have to go have a BT on Monday and it's at the surgery so maybe I might pop in and see the m/w then. I feel stupid, but I'm absolutely terrified of going to my 12 w scan and being told the baby has been dead for 5 weeks. I'm really struggling today. I just wish I felt sick so I knew it was ok. Even my constant nip-pinching isn't settling me down today.

Love Jayne

Oh Jayne,

*mwah* all is fine and healthy with your little bubba, ms is supposed to start dropping off now anyway and to be honest if something had happened last night it wouldnt stop so abrupbtly it would take at least a few days. Also dont feel like a nutter, everyone who goes through the pregnancy after a loss feels exactly like you do..infact you are talking to the scan expert lol i had about 1 a fortnight with Lucy (partly due to medical reasons and partly due to stress). I had one at 7, 9and a half and 12 weeks and i am a firm believer in doing whatever you need to do to feel better and stop stressing, besides after this pregnancy is over will you ever see the midwife again? This might be a little naughty but if you are embarressed at seeming like a nutter (although i just used to laugh about it with my docs because i knew i was a total stresshead - funnily though Lucy is the calmest baby going!) just say you have had a spot of bleeding or something...although i think its naughty to lie and i never did i was just honest about stressing....do whatever gets you through. If it makes you feel better i had lots of moments in Lucy's pregnancy especially prior to 20 weeks that i was 110% sure that she had passed - of course she hadnt but i just felt in my heart that she had so i know how you feel (obviously it was all fear in my head). Anyway my advice is ring the midwife, i am sure that nothing is wrong as i said with the ms above (in fact i know that because i stressed when it finished with Lucy and i had only had a scan the day before and they said that the morning sickness wouldnt have stopped that quickly because she was fine the day before...that night i woke up at about 11pm and had a spew lol) but just put your mind at rest so you can get on with having a nice family weekend.

Hang in there girl i am here if you need me.

Love Sarah xx

Oh Wow! I think I'm going to have to give up my job, just so I can get through this thread! Please please please bring on the BFPs, no offense to anyone but my head is spinning at the thought of how long this post is going to be (that's what happens when you miss a day!)

Belle, you've probably already left for your gorgeous weekend away. I hope you have so much fun 'preparing' for O time! Yes my bro does have an awesome job! I tell him that often. We are pretty close, but I don't get to see as much of him as I'd like. Dental nursing hours don't really mix with muso hours! I'm very excited though, because he told me that his own band have got a spiegeltent gig (which is in dec in Melb)! He plays in a lot of great bands (Cat Empire etc) but this is his very own group, his originals and he is the lead singer! (He really is a trumpet player, but composes and arranges music as well). So I can't wait for that gig!

Lisa, I am so pleased for you, it sounds like you're on to a winner with your NP! Where is she located? I have a friend who is ttc (IVF) and she sees a NP, but yours sounds much better! I have been toying with the idea also. I have heard so many good things about fertility NPs, I think it's really good to see someone who is so positive. It will be great for you I think, your excitement was positively leaping off the screen! BTW what is acupuncture like?

Keen, I'm really thinking that it's too early for you hun. I tested every day when I was pg from 11DPO, but didn't get a + until 14 DPO (and even then it wasn't really dark until 16 DPO). Keep hanging in there like crazy for you!

Sarah, I really, really hope you caught that eggie. Don't stop the BD yet, there might be some more time! That's so great of your dad to book those tickets. I understand you being a bit freaked out at the thought of going to a concert while pg. I think you would be just fine, but in the end it's up to you, you have to do what feels right. I desperately wanted to go see my honey Robbie, queued up for ages (this is while I was pg) to find that there were only standing tickets left. I didn't buy them because if I were still pg I would have been 33 weeks at the concert! I don't think that would have worked. Now I'm thinking, if only I had bought those tickets......never mind, I'll just watch my dvd again!!

Jayne, I'm sure everything is just fine. Not long now and you'll be able to see your little bubba on screen again! And like Sarah said, don't worry about being a looney, you're not going to care after you have bub, you won't see the mw again! Just look after yourself.

Kate, what's this plan? I'm dying to know......and I'm sort of glad I don't work with you!!! ( Just kidding) I know what you mean about the period pain- I hadn't had it for about, oh, 9 years! (BCP) Let's look on the bright side, how good is it getting your first af after the mc? BTW I think we're cycle buddies too (I'm on CD4)....we share the same sad day.

Shell, I hope you are one of our graduates! ( No offense) Will you test soon? Or are you being relaxed about that? It's just that I'm dying to know! Can't ttc myself yet, so living that journey throught everyone on here! I think it's so good that you are chilling out, going to the gym and all that. Good luck!

Tanya, I guess you're pretty busy with your Japanese student! If you need any help with translation my Step-mum is Japanese!

Shan, I hope your dh gets whatever job he wants, and that you can live somewhere nice and peaceful. It must be hard adjusting to the bustle when you're used to country life.

Hi Kellie, are you still around?

Big hello to anyone I forgot!

Everything is going well here. DH is out at the mo, but is bringing home fish & chips for dinner - yummy! Our practice manager is away for five weeks so I am doing her job while she is away, starting this week. I am absolutely knackered! Managed to flood the kitchen (upstairs) yesterday - thank goodness my bosses are so nice, and there was no real damage. Phew! Very busy weekend ahead. Four people staying over tomorrow night, two little nieces, and one big niece with her bf. Busy times! Before I go I just have to say one thing - I want a baby so badly I want to scream. It's just one of those days. Getting to the point of not wanting to wait to ttc anymore, but I'm also scared to ttc. What if it takes ages to get a BFP? That really scares me.

I hope you all have fabulous weekends, and didn't fall asleep reading that extremely long post!

Sez xoxo

Hello Everyone!

Oh my goodness - I don't even know where to start. My computer has been down at home over the last day or so and I've been too busy at work to have a look in here and I feel like I've missed so much.

Anyway, I'm still at work and desperately want to get home, so no personals here I'm afraid - just wishing everyone the very best of luck, and Keen, I'm so hoping it was just too early to test, so hang in there!!

As for me, I'm doing ok. Haven't had ANY symptoms whatsoever, so I'm thinking a BFP is still going to be a few months away. I'm about half way through the tww but am adament that I'm not going to test for at least another two weeks - we'll see. I do have a question for everyone though - over the last few days, I've been getting some weird pains in my side and stomach. Almost feels like a pulled muscle but is only there every now and again - definitley NOT a pulled muscle as the pain moves around a bit. I'm sure its nothing to do with ttc but thought I'd put it out there. I guess I'm secretly hoping its some kind of funky pg symptom!!! he he he!!!

Well best I get home - it's nearly 6.30pm and there's no-one left in the office - it's so sad

Will try and get the computer working to do some personals soon. Take care everyone and enjoy the weekend - bring on some BFP's as I can't keep track of everything and everyone!!!!

Hello Again,

Jayne, How are you doing mate? Did you call the midwife?

Sez, Oh honey, we have all had those days of wanting to scream, its just so unfair isnt it, you should be enjoying your pregnancy....I probably cant make you feel any better (because only a BFP could do that) but i can tell you that you mirror so many of my thoughts sometimes. I was so afraid that Katelyn would be my only ever baby and i wouldnt get to enjoy being pregnant or hold my own living breathing crying baby but you know what.....despite those fears i did it!!! Believe me you will hold that baby and those sorts of fears will be put well behind you. From what i know about you so far you got pregnant pretty quickly so there is no reason to assume it wont happen within a few months (sorry if i am wrong about it being quick last time). Its a hard time for you when you so want to ttc but the time just isnt right. There are so many thoughts and feeling associated with losing a baby and being ready to try again and these change from day to day so sometimes its a bit hard to keep up....i guess at the end of the day we are all here for you and whilst we might not know exactly how you feel right now we have all been in that very same place you are in and believe me you will get that BFP soon (we just need some grads guys to perk everyone up!) and be holding that baby real soon. The pregnancy is also such a nervous stressful time as you saw from Jayne's post this is entirely normal in fact i dont think that we would be human if we didnt long for a baby so much and worry about that baby the minute we know its there. My GP said to me once that he knew that we loved Katelyn before she was even conceived which i think is sooo true. Sorry you missed out on Robbie tickets, i like his music but i honestly dont think he is all that attractive (and i know a LOT of people disagree with me here lol). Its not so much the going to U2 that is bothering me as that is just coincidence that i would be the same number of weeks pregnant (thats IF my tww results in a BFP which i doubt somewhat!) that i was with Katelyn when we saw Fleetwood Mac its more the actual flying whilst pregnant and OMG what would i do if something went wrong and Rowan wasnt there...oh the stress is starting for me already and im not even pregnant yet i am such a nutter - lol at myself - you have to laugh or you will go under hey!

Kelly, Hope you got out of the office ok...its still pretty early to have sypmtoms my friend so dont rule yourself out of the race too early. Why is it that you dont want to test straight away? I never used to test until i was 10 days overdue - no chance of that now with needing to be on Aspirin and Clexane from the BFP.....GL i hope your tww ends with a BFP.

Have a good weekend everyone else!

Love Sarah xx

Im sorry guys but I dont think Im going to be the one to get the ball rolling - you should see the size of my temp drop - or should I call it Dive? Not looking good and wish I hadnt let myself get hopeful... oh well

Keen I don't know what to say.... Big for you. It ain't over til the witch arrives.........

Sarah, it's amazing, you could be writing my thoughts! You really give me such hope. Like you said, I really fear that I will never hold my own healthy baby. And I'm worried that I won't be able to enjoy any further pg. It's great to hear that you overcame those worries. And these feelings changing from day to day. I'm almost scared when I wake thinking 'what's today going to be?' Fortunately, today is a good day! I feel alot more settled since af arrived. You are right, we fell pg ridiculously quickly, so these fears are irrational, I know that. But then I think, what if it was a fluke, what if it doesn't work that way again? Ridiculous, I know. You do have to laugh! Do you mind me asking, when you were pg with Lucy, did your fears subside after she was 18 weeks? Or did it continue right through til you held her?
    How many DPO will you wait til testing? I can't wait!!!!

Sez xoxo

Melinda Guest

Locking this thread now guys.....time for a new one!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678