Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ August 2010

When did u last test damprye?? Maybe give it a go now?? Do u know that u have O'ed or cld this be a longer cycle then just 20 days?? Good luck!

FF said I O'd a day later than normal. Not sure what my cycles are doing but no temp drop yet and cervix is still high

Mum22 - glad things worked out but so sorry you had to go through all that stress. Did you ask the Dr next time to tell you over the phone, given it caused so much anxiety and stress this time?

Forshelby - a girl after my own heart.... all the time in teh world and not enough time to do persies. Me to a tee. Glad you are relaxing and baking. My friend recently gave me a receipte for russian caramel, but I am not a big fan of caramel so haven't made it.

Mathew's Mum - thinking of you ... and especially on Friday. Fingers crossed.

Kell - good luck on Monday.

Reet/Bons - hilarious! - I am in far too many threads and have trouble keeping up. It took me ages to feel brave enough and comfortable enough to move from the TTC thread, and I still haven't gone completely. So I know how you feel. I found it hard to relate to some of my fellow Belly Buddies and even now, sometimes feel on the fringe a bit, whereas in TTC threads I never have felt that way. Not sure if it's just me and some paranoia? I am in a couple of pregnancy after loss threads and they are actually really helpful... and there are even some recent TTC escapees in there like Ferals and Murray and it's so awesome to catch up with the old crowd again. In the pregnancy after loss threads people are all at different stages, but that's good. I find them really supportive, but that's just me.

Happy 1st anniversary - how time flies. Great time of year to be camping up north too.

Possum/Loops - thinking of you.

I am off. Having been having a raging battle with my demons recently, but seem to have come out on top for now. It's a nice feeling. Today, for a little while, I even believed we could have a happy outcome. I am curious, why is it so much easier to believe in happier outcomes for someone else than for yourself? I hope your BFP's are not far away....

Kellie - Yes, let's start a revolution and take over the other thread! LOL... and thanks for the encouragement, I still can't believe I've almost made it to 12 weeks. A part of me is afraid of getting bad news at the scan though.... just trying to think positive as always. About your sizzlers question, I wouldn't stress too much about avoiding certain foods. At first I was all 'oh I can't have this, or that..' but my cravings got the better of me, and I've just gone with the general rule of 'fresh is best'. I had cheerios the other week... (LOL) salami, you name it, I've had it. I have stayed away from the softserves, though... mostly because regular icecream is so much yummier. I am careful though, always inspecting any salad I eat making sure there's no sign of oldness like brown leaves or wiltyness. Since it's diy salad bar though, I would avoid that part for sure. Let your tummy guide you!

Mum22 - Haha, Kellie might freak her friends out a bit if she says she's avoiding food because someone got food poisoning there! "Nah, none for me, but you guys can get food poisoning!" So glad your results came back all good, and it's ok to be a clown now and then. Just remember not to panic before you know the facts. (easier said than done.) Also, your dr fibbed. Scans are routinely done before 18 weeks, so I have no idea why they would make you pay to have one at 8wks. I had one at 7wks free of charge, and there were no problems suspected, nor any uncovered at the scan. I'm also booked in for my nt scan next week which is also free. Liars make me cranky. I would call your doctor on his fibby ways and tell him you have the right to a dating scan.

Clairesmummy - It depends on your cycle length as to when you should start testing. I don't have any more OPKs left so I can't consult my trusty instruction leaflet. Perhaps google it? I always used the 7 day tests, and would end up with 4 - then 2-3 +. Just remember, always at the same time of day, and do not stop testing or skip any days or you could miss your surge. Once you've seen it you can stop, but I always just did the 7 every month. Oh, and I actually used FMU since it's so hard to pee on a stick at work and keep it discreet..... worked fine for me.

Reet - Glad you like my thread-crashing idea... hehe. It's a revolution, baby! lol...

Damprye - Yay for not splitting up.... so relieved. Test NOW! NOW NOW NOW! LOL... go for it, hun.

Dory - I don't know why it's easier to be positive for others than ourselves. Maybe it's our way of protecting ourselves from pain and suffering if it does all go wrong? (not that it makes any difference at all) It sounds morbid, but if we can turn around and say 'I KNEW something was wrong' it's easier than 'I never saw this coming'. I don't know if that makes sense or not. And please do try the caramels, they're sooooooo good. I command you to try them! LOL I'm also glad I'm not the only one who doesn't feel right in a bb group. I definitely understand the feeling of being on the outer. Either we're both paranoid, or it just isn't as warm and supportive as TTC threads. Not long now until you have that beautiful bundle in your arms. Believe it, sweetie. I sure do.
    Last edited by forshelby; August 24th, 2010 at 08:18 PM.

Forshelby- Thank you for that info it's greatly appreciated. This cycle has been 28 days for me, woohoo to a shorter cycle. The sad part is that once again the time I think I should be O'ing is the week end we are off to another campdraft.....so Im thinking I will make it like a camping trip for DD and set up a seperate bed for her away from us and I will be taking my OPKs with me and my chart this time as I don't want to miss anything....lol

Forshelby im super excited for your 12 week scan. its a beautiful thing they are so cute with there rolling, waving and sucking. that was my fav scan with my DD we were just in awe that it was already a formed little person. It still makes me almost cry thinking back we were on a high for so long after that. it will be all good - the chances are so low now its not worth thinking about. cant wait to hear all about it!

Dory you are having a HAPPY ENDING we will all believe it for you till you have that gorgeous newborn in your arms. not long now its been a long road for you but you are so close. im sure your angel babies are looking out for their mum and sibling big hugs we will all be cyring happy tears for you when we read your BA im sure

Clairesmummy sounds like youll have a great story to tell your child one day about there conception. get on it girl and make that bubba on your campdraft

Dampyre - Test now cant believe your four days late i have a great feeling for you. come and join in our crusade to crash the preg thread all together.

well i ate a hot meal, and some of the pasta and breads and the desert without the soft serve. no salads i dont trust them. anyway i ended up telling them we are really close and i thought ill need them if something goes wrong. anyway there were really positive and excited for me so im glad i told them.
    its slowly leaking out im hopeless keeping it in

you know what i feel like tonight that dip forshelby with the sour cream. my DP said he wont go and get it - what a meanie

all those men in movies and tv run out for there partners cravings

Mum22 - Dont feel silly, My Dr wont give out any results over the phone so I have to make an appt, Im so glad your results came back great! xxx
    Reet - You make driving 10 hrs seem like a really normal occurence Thats a huge distance!! have fun camping, DH used to go to Weipa a lot for work when he was on patrol, I think I will join in the BB thread after my 12 week scan, feeling a bit up in the air at the moment, I made it to 12w 5d last time, so i just want to make sure this is really happening and I dont want to be a downer while Im waiting xxx
    Dampyre - Haha, Men are confusing creatures arent they! Glad everything is getting back on track for you! xx
    kellbell - Glad sizzler was good, , Im not the best at keeping secrets either, Im trying really hard though !
    Dory - I agree with Forshelby, It is much easier to be postive for someone else, Your baby is coming home, not long til that stitch comes out, Im feeling excited and postive for you!
    Possum/Loops - Bug hugs xxx
    Alice - Your cycle cant be far off? xxx
    Clairesmummy - I definetly think your DD needs to have a seperate tent! Good luck planning the BDing bonanza! xxx
    AFM - here is my whinge - My DS keeps jumping on me and elbowing/kneeing/generally bumping my bb's I nearly want to cry, Dont get me wrong Im really glad that I have this symptom but oooowwww they hurt - whinge over.
    heading to Dr's again on friday for DS's needles will get results then, and he will have to give me an u/s referral then cuz i will be one day off 7 weeks and I need to be able to organise it so DH can come with me.
    Babydust and stickyvibes to everyone xxxx

Yay for the 12 week scan forshelby!!!
    Thanks girls for all your support it is really appreciated!!
    Dampre have you tested already???
    Mmmmm Kell, dip, mmmmmm may have to get some of that today.
    Thats good Kell cos I think what you have to decide is .... would you tell them if something happened?? If the answer is yes then why wait to tell them you should share the fantastic times too. Glad the meal was okay too
    Clairesmummy sounds like you have a plan. If your DD is like mine then she will be out cold when sound asleep anyway!! Kids!!
    Reet thanks sweetie, and Bons too.

Hey Reet how are things progessing for you sweetie?? Bub no 3 and my tummy had popped out slightly I swear. I am really skinny so it doesnt take much just looks like I may have been eating too much lately

Unhappy

Morning ladies..

How is everyone???

Mum22-im glad everything is ok...

Well i think aunt flow has reared its ugly head and looks like its going to be a dragged out process.....I used a crystal clear pregnancy test yesterday as they didnt have the other brand....and i got an evap line...not happy....as it gave me a glimer of hope

I am taking elevate at the moment and the pharmacy told me i can take extra folate as well as a top up....is anyone taking anything else they can recommend as i see they blackmores have a pregnancy and breast feeding one?

I was told rasberry tea can help strengthen the uterus and is good after miscarriage..has anyone else heard this??? i know its good from the 36th week....but dont know how safe it is to use early on..as the pharmacy hadnt heard about using it earlier on but mum saw it in the womans day

Also anyone had accupunture for hormones and pregnancy etc?

I know im probably getting ahead of myself as this will only be my second month of trying after the miscarriage and mum reakons im getting a little ahead of my self and a little bit obsessive....and i think i am so i am going to try my hardest to relax and be positive...and not to test so EARLY this time as it only cause heart ache.....i bought my OPK tests again

I said to hubby are you sure you're swimmers arent damaged from all the smoking and drinking and being on these smoking tablets a few months bacl and i think he is upset with me now...so i think it might be a bit hard baby making this month....unless he gets in a better mood..

Hi ladies
    Ive been trying to catch up - I feel like ive been reading for ages LOL
    So just a few persies

Damprye ~ Im so glad there was a happy ending in your story with DP - GL with moving in together hun

Melster ~ Im still hoping you have a BFP as it sounds like AF hasnt come properly yet - is that right? If you dont have a BFP I dont think there is any harm in TTC this early after your m/c. I was exactly the same. GL and FX for you!!

Kezzy ~ Sorry your relationship came to an end. Im sure the right one will be out there for you - hugs and all the best!

Mum22 ~ Excellent result - so happy for you!! Hope things continue to go well.

Dory ~ thanks for thinking of me - you 2 hun xo All the best, can't wait to see a pic or two of your little miracle.

Bons ~ thanks for the hugs - hugs back xo. GL with the upcoming ultrasound.

Hope all of you ladies with a lil precious one inside are doing well and FX things continue to go well - lots of stickyvibes

Hi to all those ive missed and all the best!
    AFM ~ Its been a bit of an emotional week. Im also having troubles on the home front. DH is hardly talking to me and I have no idea what ive done. I did get pretty drunk on Sat night at my friends 30th (DH didnt come) and ever since I got home he's been like this - arrhh men
    As for my cycle - I did POAS on Sat morning and BFN - hence why i drank at the party. Woke up with a killer sore lower back and have had back/tummy pain ever since. I dont know whether my pelvis might be out but hoping its pregnancy and the test was just too early. But last night and today Ive started to get headaches and usually that's a bad sign for me. I just dont feel confident anymore and now Im starting to worry about the IVF in Oct - that we wont be able to come up with the money and then that it wont work again - basically in a really crap place right now

OMG just did an OPK and it came back positive - yippee!

looks like i'll O a couple of days early this month.
    i'm so excited about O'ing this month... it's ridiculous !!

Damprye - what a relief for you and enjoy moving in.... have you tested yet??

Melster - i'm in the same place as you - this is my 2nd month after the MC and i'm obsessed. I'm also SO SURE that i will get a BFP this month... my hubby keeps telling me not to get too excited as i will just be disappointed. and i know we shouldn't test early but i know i won't be able to help myself !!

Mum22 - you poor thing stressing out. i would be the same. what a relief that all is ok

have to rush now be back later today...

loops12-im pretty sure af has/is arriving..its not exactly the same as my other periods but maybe its different coz of the d&c......its there but not full flo...and i have bad back aches etc and really having bad PMT...........I had a glimer of hope yesterday but its gone now and its slowly getting a bit heavier..

I can sympathise with you on the man front at the moment!!!! is he upset you went out?? some men have trouble saying exactly how they feel and thats my husband all over........... i'm sorry you're having a rough time at the moment.. but i know its really hard not to worry....just try to stay strong and maybe just tell you're self you are having a bad week and will be more positive about the IVF next week..you want to go in to the IVF being as positive as you can and giving good vibes.....sometimes we can wish things to happen and they do...

Glenglen.....congratulations on you're OPK test.....how exciting....i am hoping and praying for you.....

I will be a couple weeks behind you......you can be obsessive with me as i know all about it i was so sure i was pregnant this month because i have never had any trouble before and with all the symptoms i had....but it was either me wanting to be pregnant so bad and my body reacting or my body adjusting after the d&c....

I have tested early every other time and got a positive 3-5 days early but this time i spent soooooo much money on tests and every day i got more and more upset....this time i think for my own sanity i will wait until p is due or a day or two before it...so i dont get days of nerves and dissapointment

I have booked in for acupunture on monday because apparently it helps with repairing the uterus and blood flo and with depression etc.....we will be trying again in another 10 days or so.....hopefully husband will be in a better mood by then.....

Clairesmummy - Good idea, take all your stuff with you so you don't miss anything. And most of all have fun!

Kellie - Considering I cried over a movie today, I imagine I'll be a bit emotional at the scan.. hehe. I can't wait to see our bubby squiggling around in there. Great news you told your friends. I too am of the opinion that I would rather people understood, than were constantly asking what's wrong if I did mc again. I would rather have support than feel alone, and I'm sure that was your final conclusion also. Yay for a lunch well eaten. hehe If you want the dip, go out and get it yourself, then don't let him have any hahahaha. I'm nasty!! My DP doesn't go out for my cravings either, mostly because I don't ask. He gives me that 'diet police' look and I know I'm getting a really round tummy for only 11wks! But I'm so hungry!

Bons - Oh you poor thing... my little dog (he's a foxie) has a thing for standing on my boobs to get right up in my face. At first it was agony... but I started teaching the command 'NOT ON THE BOOBS' and now he knows. I imagine it's a bit harder with your DS though, it's not like he'll respond to commands like a puppy dog. If he does, lucky you!

Melster - I took just plain old folate. I can't remember the brand, but it was only $8 per bottle.. so it was a winner for me. I find the blackmores brand is WAY overpriced, and can get the same number of capsules in cenovis brand for $16 instead of $40. Yes, you heard me. That's less than half price! Easy to take too, they don't repeat on me, and even stay down when I chuck, somehow. Good luck vitamin shopping!

Loops - Aw hun, difficult days ahead for you. I don't know if this will help, but try to challenge your negative thoughts whenever they arise. Staying positive is hard, I know. Big hugs for you.

Glenglen - Time for a sausage sizzle at your house.. hehe

I'm not sure if I've missed anything, will be back later to double check. Hope everyone had a great day.

Thanks ladies - you are so wonderful and supportive - dunno what I do without you! And very very true!! I def have to try and pick myself up-being negative is no good for anyone or anything. I think I'll definitely test tomorrow so I know one way or the other then I can hopefully move forward.
    And I'll try and jsut be there for my DH as he may just be struggling with everything.

Thanks again xo

Glenglen ~ Im very happy you are O'ing, have fun and GL, FX!!

Forshelby you should see my little belly at 5 weeks or 4.4days hmmm it is rather embarassing. 3rd child.....DH pointed it out to me yesterday. Oh well.

Glenglen yay for the +opk!!!! Woopeee

Bons I know what you mean about joining BB thread later....I joined preg after m/c loss as I am just not ready for it and worried I might jinx myself.... Are you having an early scan around 8 weeks???

Loops I have my fingers crossed for you that your BFP comes up sooner than later sweetie!! Hoping in the next few days for you. If not dont worry, you will find that you manage to get there with the money for IVF in October. How much is a cycle of IVF?? How much outta pocket I mean cos you;d have ta get some of it back from medicare??

Clairesmummy how are you today sweetie? And Reet?? Have you booked your scan in yet Reet?? I also am leaving this til the last moment (jinxing worries) its at the private place so there is usually only a few days til a week wait. Thought I would book it in closer, like around a week before I intend on going....

Kell, how are you today sweetie?? Relaxing a little?

AFM still not many symptoms, slight (very) slight nausea every now and then, bbs aren't really sore, no pimples (yet) really really unlike me when pregnant. I think this is where my worries come from.....Just the lack of symptoms.

Dampre howd you go with test?? Hey I just thought of a + that you get to move....the ferals that were worrying you wont be at your DP house!! Yay!!

Bon, Forshelby - i agree with you ... although my inconsiderate bb crusher is my 3 cats! Do they have no resepect? Of course not, neutered males.

Loops - oh sweetie - big hugs. I am so sorry you're in such a tough sport right now. Do you feel up to asking DH directly why he's got a case of SOTL ( poo on the liver)? Or are you just going to bear the brunt? I was thinking maybe with the drinkies came some foxy lady dancing and hence the headahces and pain.... I hope AF stays away so you don't need to worry about IVF.

Melster - I haven't heard of raspberry leaf tea being used before 36 weeks - I would ask a traditional chinese medicine person or herbalist before trying it. I highly recommend accupuncture and TCM herbs to help restore uterine lining. I have used both and AF came when and how they said it would. This will be a light AF with 2 days of bleeding - and it was, and it was like that for 3 or 4 cycles... spot on every time... then I stopped for other reasons. I also found it relaxing - the sessions - a chat about how you're going, the treatment, and then 30 mins at least of peaceful music and just being calm and lying still. It was bliss.

Thanks for the words of encouragement too. I really appreciate them. I will be crying too don't worry about that, but tears of joy. Forshelby - the news you get at your scan will be great - but the fear is so understandable and consuming.

All this talk of sausage sizzle is making me jealous.... only another 2 weeks to go until the stitch comes out and DH and I will contemplate a sizzle at home ( OMG that sounds like I am a out in public sneaky sizzler - lol) . Woot Woot. The drought will be over briefly. Maybe its more supportive in here, because we're all so open about our sausage sizzles and how we are feeling?

KellBell- Yes we will have a great conception story to talk about if we get lucky at the Draft...lol....I never even thought of that....I can just imagine the look on our son/daughters face when we told them at an appropriate age of course....lol...... That would be something I would save for the teenage years when they were complaining about something.....lol...
    Bons- If it all goes to plan DD will be having her own little camp area way down the other end of the Gooseneck away from us, But I couldn't give her a tent to sleep in by herself I would feel horrible,lol.I'm a very panicky mum and would be worried about her and wouldn't be able to DTD anyhow. Luckily we have a 7 horse gooseneck its 30 foot long we can be at the very front and DD can be down the very back. We have our own sleeping area in there and she won't know a thing, once she goes to sleep she's out like a light until morning no amount of any noise ever wakes her not that we are noisey....lol she is a very heavy sleeper which is a good thing wish I could sleep like she does when we go away...
    Loops12- I hope you are feeling better soon and you get your long awaited BFP very soon, FX for you and sending you lots of and I have my FX for you darl.
    Forshelby- I will definately be taking it all with me....picture this...me off trudling to the loo with pee jar and OPKs oh yeah its gunna be a great sight..........but I can promise I will have a great week end though....lol....
    Mum22- I am great sailing along with AF CD3 for me today.....but sorry if TMI but I have been having a fair few clots pass today and getting a bit crampy before I pass them not sure what thats about....hoping its just a bit of rubbish in there my body is cleaning out ready to be UTD....lol....I'm hoping anyhow
    And how are you feeling today? Hope today was alot less stressful for you than yesterday darl.
    Dory- Wow 2 weeks to go before they remove your stitch that is totally awesome I am just so pleased that you will be bringing that gorgeous little new born home soon darl. Pardon my ignorance ( not really ignorance just I have no idea) but I have never had anything to do with having a stitch put in but I do have a question for you please if you don't mind me asking......are you not able to DTD when they stitch you??? You don't have to answer it if you don't want too please don't think I'm prying I'm just really curious.
    Hoping everybody in here is feeling good and keeping healthy. And for everyone doing the TWW I have my FX for you all.
    Whew that was a long post for me must be having BB withdrawals.....lol.....

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast