Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ August 2010

Clairesmummy hope September is your month
    and yours too GlenGlen
    think we need a whole new bunch of BFPS in here
    what is the slogan for September?

Forshelby how was your day today - did you do some baking. bet you didnt miss work wonder how they are coping without you!!!!

Dory your such as inspiration to us all. i know if you can get through and be so positive so can i. i so cant wait to read your BA in the coming weeks. thanks for all your support

Reet - sounds like were really close in dates!
    thanks for your support too
    im still going to go to the scan i just want to see something is happening - my GP said to still go on monday and have a look. i was a bit worried with low levels it might be eptopic so to see even a sac in the right place will be great for me. My MIL said she will come with me she had about 6 miscarriages with her babies so i know she understands what im going through.
    How are you feeling? you having anymore bloods done?

Matthews mum hope your little Emby comes through okay and all goes well. GOOD LUCK AND Lots of baby dust and sticky dust for you. well all be thinking of you

ummmm i have no idea when i ovulated - i know my DP insisted one night on BD when i wasn't really in the mood quite a few days after i thought i ovulated and i think that is when it happened. im only going by how long it took to get a positive HPT
    guess it shows you can ovulate anytime of the month!

Still one day at a time, scan next and i dont want anymore bloods as its too stressful. my progesterone was only 30 today so there is still a worry there but going to try and be positive and believe in this baby. Has anyone had progesterone injections??? he did mention that if it goes bad it might be worth looking at next time.

Kellbell- Oooh u must be so happy with ur dp for convincing u to bd a few days after u thought u O'ed!! I hope ur progesterone levels go up.. i have heard of a couple of different things to help.. u can use cream that im pretty sure u insert into urself and yeah injections.. i think they say once ur pg its too late to do anything tho.. which is a bugger. 30 isnt too bad tho.. it is early. Will u get another progesterone bt or just wait til ur scan and see that everything is fine?? I will be so jealous if u do see a heartbeat next week.. i will be wishing i didnt choose to wait til 7 weeks!

Glenglen- Yay for O time! Yay for the bding bonanza which is about to begin! Yeah they say the heartbeat develops between 6 and 7 weeks.. it can sometimes be a couple days earlier or later tho. There is a thing called blighted ovum where the baby doesnt form and the sac just grows but with no embryo inside. Alot of ppl only find out at their first scans.. i guess they try and wait as long as possible to do the first scans cos of the uncertainty of whether it is just too early or its not developing anymore. Have fun bding over the next week!

Matthews mum- I hope friday goes perfectly.. pls let us know. Good luck xx

Mum22-Good luck with ur bt results tomoro. Im sure like kellbell everything will be great! Did u get progesterone checked as well?

Melster- haha i cant believe that stuff up today! haha i knew u wldnt have meant to write it!! im glad clairesmummy didnt ark up and get angry back! I think i might have if i had thought u had said that.. im rather irritable tho! Sorry that ur going thru a rough patch. Thinking of u.

Clairemummy- Thats really good that ur cycle is now 28 days. I reckon this WILL be ur month! Make sure u eat lots of fruit and veges so no sickness can get u!!

Forshelby- How was ur day??! I had a few hrs off today and cldnt get motivated to do anything! I laid on the couch allday.. i was imagining it as my life and realised i wld get so fat from doing nothing but eating and couch potato'ing!! It sounds like u have more motivation then me tho.. hope ur baking was yummy!

Possum- Thanks for that info re. shortness of breath. I have been fine the last few days so hopefully it was nothing.. I will look into those things tho if it comes back, thanks! Still no blood whatsoever?? Must be a great feeling!! Finally u can start bding again!!

I cant go back any further..im sorry to anyone i have missed! Love u all!

Im feeling really good..maybe too good??! Im not stressed at all anymore thank goodness. Am going to get another bt on thurs so i can have results on friday before we go away for a week on sat. I just want some hard-core symptoms!!!

Reet - your levels will be so great on Thursday. where are you going away to?

My DP keeps saying told you so he has a big head at the moment
    We finally did the deed tonight i was a bit scared but he was gentle. Guess couldn't deny him for too much longer - normally this time of the month im jumping him sorry for TMI

I don't think ill get any more progesterone levels done unless i start bleeding or something.
    I HAVE to be more positive i was so stressed this morning it was crazy

I just want to see that heart beating away on Monday of our little chicken - it still is not real yet maybe seeing something will help.

Hope everybody dosent mind us being in here so so so not ready for the other thread yet
    Last edited by kellbell; August 23rd, 2010 at 09:49 PM.

Kell- I bet ur dp has a big head! Yeah and poor buggers hey.. they go from getting it ALL THE TIME! ..to nothing!! haha. My boy has been really good the last couple days.. no bugging me for it. Might have to give in tonight tho.. we are so used to doing it everynight.. its weird when we dont!
    Have u googled something like boosting ur progesterone or something like that?? like is there anything u can try at home do u think?? i have heard exercise can boost it up.. not sure how mine is high as i dont do any! uumm i might google tomoro for u.. anything is worth a go! I wldnt probly take anything tho..like herbs.. a bit too risky.
    I am so excited about ur monday scan.. i think u will be the first one in the belly buddies group getting one!
    Im not ready to leave yet either.. i dont think ill go over to the paml thread tho.. i might just stick with my bb group.. its hard keeping up with 2 now!
    Speaking of which.. bons will be in our bb group!! yay!! she just has to join in! Boooons??!

Forshelby and iona- Have u joined one?? U 2 wld be together too hey..

Reet - Good luck for thurs bt, Im sure they will be really high! I hope ms and really sore bb's kick in for you soon! xxx
    Kellbell - I know what you mean about moving to the next thread, Im not feeling really postive at the moment, its just too big a step to take, Glad you are feeling better than this morning though! xxx
    Clairesmummy - CD1 is so new and shiny! Hope this is your month!
    Dampyre & Kezzy - How are you both doing?
    Matthewsmum - Good luck for friday, This emby better be good and ready and covered in glue! xxx
    Glenglen - Get that sausage sizzling ! Have fun for O week!
    Melster - I can totally understand your frustration, disappointment and sadness, each af that arrives leaves you feeling really down, Hugs Hun xx
    Mum22 - let us know the results ! xxx
    Forshelby - How was your day? lady of leisure? i hope you have been baking some really nice treats for your DH xxx
    Possum - yay for no more blood and being able to be bd happily again! xxx
    AFM - Had a bt done today, should get results tomorrow or wed, gp doesnt want to do anymore though at this stage, and he wouldnt give me a referral for u/s... will pester him for it when I take DS for his 4 yr vaccinations, But on the upside Bp is staying normal for me,
    Hugs and babydust to everyone xxx

Oh kell we are just going for a drive 10hrs north to a place called weipa.. its where the inlaws live. We will be doing a bit of camping along the way.. it shld be good! It was originally just to get away over our edd time plus its our 1st yr anniversary on the 2nd sept.. Just an excuse for a break really!
    Its going to be hard not telling everyone while we are there.. dh is still adamant he wants to wait til theres a heartbeat tho. Im happy with that tho.. just sometimes the excitement gets too much and i want to tell everyone!

Sorry i didnt realise your angels EDD was coming up its a hard time. Big hugs to you
    what date was your angel due - you dont have to tell me of course
    sounds like a lovely get away hope you really enjoy it and recharge your batteries

i cant bring myself to go into the Belly buddies thread at the moment so just hanging in here for awhile - did post once in the preg thread but not ready for that yet either.

kind of still feel in limbo

i dont think there are any natural ways to boost it - i might go and google it now
    can you share some of yours with me that would be great!
    Last edited by kellbell; August 23rd, 2010 at 10:26 PM.

It says stress causes lower levels must be time for me to chill - out

Aw Kell, awesome news sweetie!!! Just absolutely awesome. Dont worry about the progesterone, cos at this stage the little bubba has implanted and is increasing so I'd think if it was going to cause a drama it would have by now sweetie (I'm no expert but that is what I think). Kell, just so you know I walked away from an early u/s and stressed out for a full week as there was just a sac, no heartbeat or anything visible. Apparently it doesnt develop until the middle of the 6th week closer to 7th week.
    I would never ever have one earlier than the 7th week again for that reason, the stress almost sent me crazy!! Just cautioning you cos I really would hate you to be in the same position as I was that time. A week later I returned at there was a HB making that whole week a complete waste of my time (stressing). The levels are fantastic!!!!

Bons why wont he give you a referral for an U/S?? And more BT even if they just make you feel better?? Mine I did a little nagging for another BT yesterday but he gave in, I thought it best to leave it a week or so before I mention the U/S at 8 weeks that I also want. If they are worried about the cost on the public health system tell them you will get it done privately at a clinic, the cost is usually around the $60 mark after medicare rebate and sooo worth it. But then what does the cost of it really have to do with the Dr. I also think that about the blood tests I request, it is my right, I pay the medicare levy and so does DH and the tests I have done dont even get close to the ammt we pay so WTF is their problem...

Aww Dory not long now sweetie!!

AFM I just dont 'feel' pregnant. I keep thinking about it over and over again and I am fairly sure I 'felt' pregnant by this stage last two pregnancies. Even the early m/c last month I 'felt' pregnant. It is odd. I have slight waves of nausea every now and then, by bbs dont hurt and are not swollen, I usually break out in pimples straight away til late pregnancy....none...touch wood I really dont want the pimples. But I would like some sort of symptoms that jumps out and says 'yep you are pregnant' which has my doubts about the results of the BT I get today. I have a sinking feeling of something just is NQR (not quite right) maybe it is all in my head but I just dont think it is in my head. I think something is wrong and the levels are going to not have increased properly.....call it intituition. Gosh I hope I am wrong I really do.

Reet, so glad that you are feeling less stressed out sweetie!!

Mum22 - thanks for your support. i so get you on not feeling pregnant
    Cant wait to here your great levels today! have you had them yet or doing them today?

trying to be stress free today going out for lunch with my friends and trying to get about 20 loads of washing done im so behind
    I just want to see something a sac anything next week anything else will be a bonus

Where are you Forshelby? hope your enjoying your first week of not working. is your scan this week or next week?

Hi Everyone, just a quickie before I drop the car off at the mechanics and then snuggle into the couch for a nice nap. (already... lol) I'm doing this one from memory so excuse my vagueness.

Matthews mum - Good luck with your little embie on Friday!

Reet - I did join a bb group, but honestly, I found it cold and stale. (except for Iona's presence) I don't know why.... it just didn't have the same warmth as this thread and you lovely ladies do. Maybe we should all move over to the paml thread at the same time? Then it will feel more like home.

To everyone who asked about my lady of leisureness- I'm having a great time! I did some vacuuming and swept the tiles yeterday, then just veged out and started knitting a blanket for bubby. DP thought it was very cute, and marvelled at my knitting skills. LOL. I may or may not do some baking today, not sure what to make, actually..... or if I have the right ingredients. I suppose fate will decide. I'm leaning towards making a gingerbread man.

Stay tuned for my secret family recipe for Russian Caramels, coming soon! Basically just caramel fudge... but OMG so delicious, I must share it with you ladies.

Sorry if I've missed anything important, I am lurking though, just too lazy to sit down and do persies. Right now I'm lying on my back with the laptop propped up on my knees. Slack!!

Have a great day, everyone.

Thanks for all the msgs ladies, I'm also hoping Sept. is a great time for us all to get UTD.......after all it is the first month of Spring (it works for animals) lol..... Hope everyone has a great day today.
    Mum22- Good Luck with your BT results I'm looking forward to seeing those big numbers for you I know they will be..
    Reet- Sounds like the perfect place for a getaway no area of Australia is more gorgeous than our top end...I hope you have an absolutely wonderful time darl and get to kick back and have a well deserved time of RnR. Have fun and safe travelling to you and your DH.
    Sorry if I have missed anybody I will be back later though.
    Take care everyone.

Yeah we should all crash the paml thread a bit later all together. i love this little group

We def need all your recipes forshelby!

Wow cant believe your 11 weeks already your doing great!!!!!

ummmmm i have a dilemma my friends want to go to sizzlers for lunch! should i go i do would anything be safe to eat there
    i dont really want to tell them im preg yet. Def avoid any salads and soft serve ice cream?

Kell you will be fine. I ate soft serve ice cream all of my first pregnancy and it didnt cause any problems....Was craving thickshakes from mcdonalds.....hmmmmm
    Salads are fine arent they?? I woulda thought so. Stay away from chicken if you are out I always find when preg.....too much of a chance of it not being kept at right temp. Anything else you really should be fine, What is Sizzlers anyways?

Forshelby, yay for you time sweetie!!

Clairesmummy, thanks sweetie

Its all you can eat salad bar thingy with food sitting out- think the salads sitting out are something you have to avoid because of the listeria. the listeria can sit in the soft serve machine too. i get so confused. id rather be safe than sorry ummmm still going to go ill just be careful what i eat

Hmmmm, just get something really light and a soft drink and tell them you are getting over tonsilitis or something and your throat is too sore to have anything else or a tummy bug and your tummy is not quite ready to handle a lot of food

I also was very very naughty last pregnancy and ate kabana quite often.....didnt know you weren't supposed to until later.
    Hey why dont you just suggest somewhere else and tell them you heard someone got food poisoning possibly from there last week....that would work. Say you are not willing to take the risk as you have a daughter who needs you to be well..)

Just spoken to Dr on phone he said he prefer not to give results on phone and that I need to come in.......Not liking the sound of it at all.......so I am just sitting here wondering when/if I should go in to get them..........not good in fact I just feel like crying at the moment.........Very VERY numb.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast