Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ August 2010

surrounded by textbooks, cat toys and love

REET! The lightness or darkness of the line has sweet f*** all to do with the amount of HCG in your body, it's just a measure of how much of the chemical is on the stick - if there's not that much chemical on the stick then your gonna get a faint line no matter what. If there's a lot of chemical, then more HCG will react to it. That's why there's the saying - A LINE IS A LINE IS A LINE. Mine stayed faint til I stopped testing about 18 DPO, and my HCG was 2300. Someone in my belly buddies got a super faint line at 7 weeks and her HCG was over 30000.

So, freaking out is fine. Go ahead with that, but get a bunch of dvd's (happy ones! or one's with edward/jacob) and icecream. Your allowed to be scared. It's scary. So take some time to be scared, and then maybe later on take some time to not be scared

MOST PREGNANCIES WORK OUT FINE!

Reet- Thank you for your kind words I never even considered that I may already be UTD...lol...how's that for sad.....like you I'm sticking to my guns and not going to test either AF aint due for me at the earliest this Friday coming going by a normal cycle but then last month I had a 34 day cycle so if that's the case and I really doubt it she would be due at the latest on the 29th of this month I have never had a longer cycle than 26days though until last month anyhow. Stay strong darl and I will keep reminding you over the week end to stay strong and think positive test after the week end if that is what you really want to do. And we would never think that you are a whinger we are all here for you and to keep you sane so if you have anything at all you want to get off your chest you should feel you can do it on here darl. Keep your chin up and try to stay positive sending you truck loads of sticky vibes and baby dust. There's nothing worse than having to stay at home alone on the week ends while your DH is away I did that last year for 12months while DF was working away I hated it but thank my lucky stars he is home now and it makes TTC a little easier for us, not that we are having much luck in that department just yet...lol....but hey the practice is great.....lol....do take care darl and pm me if you would like to get anything off your chest.
    Forshelby- Thanks darl, I know it only takes once but gee could I be that assy.....lol.....I'm just sitting back going with the flow and what ever comes comes.......And if it's crying you are feeling like doing just let it out, when I was PG with my DD I was a utter mess I would ball at the drop of a hat mind you I never knew I was PG at the time so I just thought I was losing the plot big time I thought my partner at the time was going to committ me to the nut unit.......lol......I have never cried so much in all my life up until then I never knew I had so many tears...lol.....I think it's pretty funny now though Hormones have alot to answer for...lol......
    Hope you all have a great week end, DF is working this week end so I will be checking in on everybody from time to time through out the week end, it's the only way I can communicate atm as I woke up this morning with NO VOICE...aarrgggghhhhhhhh.....So the only ppl hearing me right now are you guys...lol.....

Reet: big deep breath, its ok to be scared, we all understand that here, you post all you want over the weekend. all you can do is take one day at a time and just know that regardless of what you do or think things will turn out how they turn out and as kit said most pregnancies result in a live baby !

my advice would be if you are going to do another hpt to hold out til sun morning and that would be over 48 hours since your first positive (lets not forget you got a positive WELL before af is even due, that in itself is a great sign !) so the line should be darker by then.

bigs hugs honey and positive thoughts being sent your way

Thanks clairesmummy.. i will be sure to pm u if i need to vent! Now u try and do some of that positive thinking.. this is ur month too!!!
    Thanks minnie.. i am slowly slowly becoming more positive and no testing for me dont think.. im a gonna wait it out!

Now everyone u HAVE to watch this utube clip.. u will be bawling ur eyes out!! Well i was.. cld be just me tho. It is nothing pg or ttc related but it just makes u realise how much love familes have for eachother. Oh i cant wait to look at my kids the way those soldiers look at theirs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSMlIM9zLio

Reet - i bawled my eyes out how beautiful was that!

Thanks Reet I hope you are right and this is our month as well, albeit we have only DTD twice this month as we are both now crook as dogs and don't like the thought of sniffling in each others ears, not so romantic....sniff sniff...cough.....lol....I'm trying not to think anything this month just go with the flow. But funny you should say for to think positive as I had a dream yesterday morning that I gave birth to a very gorgeous little boy and he was absolutely adorable but I was worried that I couldnt breast feed him as I didnt have alot of milk.....maybe it's a sign of what's coming our way...maybe......we shall wait and see...so I have got some thoughts and will remain positive that what ever happens shall happen.....lol.....
    AFM- Well just to lighten the subject for now my DD just seen the lovely add on TV where that chicks partner has her ultra thin pads all over him jumping around the living room like he is some sort of super hero DD comes running out to me saying mum you have them.......I hope she don't think I put them all over my arms and body going ting ting ting ting.....lol....out of the mouths of babes hey.....lol

Hello everyone! Oh Bons and Reet CONGRATS! I'm so very hapy for you both.
    Reet - Its okay to be afraid of what is to be... just try not to let it take over or the stress will eat you up. Thinking of you.

Thank you so much, all of you, for such a warm welcome. Appreciate it.

I'm not exactly the most positive person atm. I'm fine to all those around me, but forgive me cause I need to let it out and here I feel I can. I'm having a shocker today. I just feel miserable. I don't know why but I was really silly and tested. AF isn't due until the 24th... so it wasn't warented. I won't be doing that again. It was the first test I had taken since the miscarriage. Seeing just one line hurt. I guess it was a reality check. I should be 23 weeks pregnant now...

Anyway. I will resist the temptation to test again anytime soon and wait it out.

I just want to cry. But when can I? I don't want to at home and I have nowhere else to go. My husband is amazing... but I just need him to think I'm ok. I feel like he has had to hold me up for so long, it wouldn't be right to keep leaning on him. He needs his own time to grieve. I don't know what to feel. I'm actually just numb atm. I have nothing left.
    I'm so frusterated and yet my story is nothing on what some of you have been through. I don't know how you do it. You are all amazing.

Congrats to those of you with pregnancies... or possible pregnancies and GL to those of you who are still trying.

We can do this.

Love

J.
    xo

lil'J: to you, im sorry you are feeling so sad, this is definitely the place to share it (although try not to keep your feelings from your dh, not that im a good one to talk about that)

and we don't compare losses here, a loss is a loss is a loss and they all hurt, we are all here to support each other

Forshelby, it basically says that within a couple of days the pill is completely out of your system and that it is a myth that it takes forever to leave it!! That is what my book says and I have googled it and it seems to indicate the same. The fact I fell preg so quickly off it the last couple of times would further support it I would think. I'm not a Dr tho..... I'm gonna go with that as it makes me feel better..... When I first went off it I expected it to take 6 mths but I didnt even get a AF I just got a BFP!! Quite a bit of a shock as it wasn't what I was expecting!!

Reet, breathe, breathe!! I agree with the comment re the chemical on the stick.....with all my bleeding first preg I did like weekly tests until around 9 or so weeks to make myself feel better that there was a line there....as of yet I have not seen a dark line....and my HCG levels woulda been pretty high by then I'd imagine!! Oh and I never saw a dark line last pregnancy either! Stooopid tests maybe the manufacturers are playing it cheap and not putting a lot of chemical on it.....cheap skates!! It is all their fault if you need someone to blame

AFM today I have had a temp drop....well sort of. I am classing it one compared to yesterday...and I have AF style cramps F*****G fantastic!!! AF the witch is obviously on her way to pay me a visit. Considering that I am in a foul mood and upset so I dont think I will be on this much today, just waiting it out until she does show her face and stuff up my luteal phase for a second month in a row!!

Kit - LOL, that was a cute post. Who's got a baby in their belly?!

Reet - Oh hun I know it's hard to be positive in the beginning.. I still have my 'what if' days. But seriously, as Kit said, you have a baby in your belly! Testing or not testing won't change anything, so if you want to, DO IT. My lines got darker gradually... I only tested every four days or so. And don't forget it takes 2-3 days for your levels to double, so there probably won't be a change in the line so soon. (And as Kit said, a line is a line is a line.... the depth of colour doesn't really matter!) Relax, sweetie. Breathe in. Breathe out. Just take it one moment at a time and remember that everything is going to be ok. After 1 previous mc you're no more likely to mc again, according to the statistics. Listen to Dory and Kit, they are wise. Live for today and enjoy every second you are pg. I'll be sending sticky vibes your way.

Clairesmummy - You could be that lucky. Really. It happens. Try to keep the faith. Oh, and can you speak up? I can't hear you. LOL, poor thing.. I hope your voice comes back soon! I love that ultrathin ad too... LOL.

Lil'J - I have a little saying when it comes to leaning on others in times of need, and I think your husband would agree. 'Turn TO me, not AWAY.' Share your hurt and grieve together, hun. You will feel so much better. This is one of those situations you just have to walk through slowly. It's ok to cry, and it's ok to feel down. I'm sure your husband would appreciate the opportunity to be there for you and to know you trust him enough to share your deepest despair with him. That's what husbands are for! I hope you feel better soon, sweetie.

Mum22 - I agree it gets out of your system quickly, I fell pg within a couple of months of stopping it. I do think though there is some merit to your body struggling to re-create the hormones it's been receiving synthetically for so long. I guess some bodies are better at getting back into sync than others. I also hope this slight temp dip is implantation, instead of a sign of AF! FX.

AFM, I WANT CAKE! Stupid weird cravings... that is so not a breakfast food. I wonder if DP would notice if I baked a cake and hid it somewhere in the fridge. LOL...... As a sidenote, this is my last real 'weekend' as an employed person. Prepare for weekends to lose all meaning, and for every day to be the same. Hmmmm... need.... hobby!

Take care, ladies... and bring on the BFPS!!!!!

OMG GIRLS i caved and did another test still super high temps and.....................

I GOT A SECOND LINE THIS MORNING not on fmu
    its not dark but i can see it

im freaking out completely

CONGRATULATIONS KELLIE!!!!! OMG, so excited....

Sticky vibes for you, hun!!!

oh my gosh kellie congrats ! wow what a great week it has been in this thread ! sending positive thoughts your way !

CONGRATS KELL...WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO Thats awesome news sending lots lots lots of sticky vibes told you that truck was arriving it obviously just took a little longer to get there.....lol
    Forshelby- I have my voice back this morning so you should be able to hear me now...lol.....

Wow unbeleivable this is such a great week for alot of you in here I'm so happy to be apart of all this wonderful news. Think I may have to have a drink to celebrate for you all.
    Mum22- Keep your chin up mate and I'm praying that the wicked AF stays well away from you for the next 8months or so. If not let her hurry up and get there so you can try again......maybe it will be our turn next month.......FX for us both and the other ladies in here that havent struck that goal yet....

thanks girls im super excited - im going to have to go out and buy some more tests as i dont quite believe it

im praying like mad that this baby is sticky i want it so much

think ill go to the shops now

you think caus it took so long to get a positive it might not stick

the worry begins :-(

kellie: try not to worry, you probably just ovulated a few days later than u thought, reet is worried too and she got her positive early ! i dont think there is any escaping the worry no matter when u get your positive. get yourself another test but then probably just go off to the dr and get serial bhcg's done. you going to share a pic with us ?

ill see if i can get a good pic of it :-)

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast